Mystic Knights

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Interesting conscept. This could make a cool Rifter submission...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Very good stuff matt, you should consider submitting it to the rifter when you get it finished.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i always wondered how such a blantantly evil orginization was treated so well by the "goody-goody" groups. it can't just be "treat me well or i'll kill you"

heck, lazlo doesn't like the FoM under the Magi, and they're fairly benign.

hmm......

perhaps the MN's relations with groups in lazlo and the like are with the secret cults that are hunted by the nations in question? then they'll have connections, and can get info, while not having to deal with goverments.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
LunarYoma
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by LunarYoma »

nice idea
Lunaryoma
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Constructive Criticism

Unread post by Warwolf »

Interesting material, it definitely warrants further work. My only real gripe about it is that the orders seem a tad off. Use a more governmental or military approach when determining the specialties of each (you mix and match categorization methods). Then use a little common sense when naming them (i.e.: Dragoons could be melee experts, Shadows or Spectres could specialize in assassination, Cloaks could be spies, etc.). I'd be happy to help you flesh it out if you would like. Just drop a message in my box if you're interested.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Constructive Criticism

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Warwolf wrote:Interesting material, it definitely warrants further work. My only real gripe about it is that the orders seem a tad off. Use a more governmental or military approach when determining the specialties of each (you mix and match categorization methods). Then use a little common sense when naming them (i.e.: Dragoons could be melee experts, Shadows or Spectres could specialize in assassination, Cloaks could be spies, etc.). I'd be happy to help you flesh it out if you would like. Just drop a message in my box if you're interested.

naa, I like the fact they're not using Military meathods.

these arn't military people.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I have idea one of the 12 Orders are Human Supremacists in Secret.

They have been hire from time to time by the Vanguard,the Society of Sages and the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry.

What do you think?
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:naa, I like the fact they're not using Military meathods. these arn't military people.

No, but you would at least think they would play to their strengths rather than divide up into "poetry club" and such. :nh: I would treat this more like a medieval assassin's guild than a merc company. Get it now?
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Warwolf wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:naa, I like the fact they're not using Military meathods. these arn't military people.

No, but you would at least think they would play to their strengths rather than divide up into "poetry club" and such. :nh: I would treat this more like a medieval assassin's guild than a merc company. Get it now?

these guys are also MYSTICS. not just mercenaries or soldgiers. meaning they're at least somewhat philosphical at heart. many people seem to forget that.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Dig it...

Unread post by Subjugator »

I really dig this...send it in for a Rifter, or better yet, a minibook, like Vanguard and the Black Vault books.

Suhweeeeeeet!

Subbie
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

This definitely has potential - run with it.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Warwolf wrote:

these guys are also MYSTICS. not just mercenaries or soldgiers. meaning they're at least somewhat philosphical at heart. many people seem to forget that.

No, I do understand that. I also understand that samurai were expected to be cultured as well as deadly. The point I was trying to make was that in all common sense an organization of mercenaries (while mystic in nature and in all probability refined in culture) would organize their ranks according to their practical strengths rather than their casual interests. Seriously, who ever heard of a Ninja gardening club? :lol: That last line was a joke by the way...
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Warwolf wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Warwolf wrote:

No, I do understand that. I also understand that samurai were expected to be cultured as well as deadly. The point I was trying to make was that in all common sense an organization of mercenaries (while mystic in nature and in all probability refined in culture) would organize their ranks according to their practical strengths rather than their casual interests. Seriously, who ever heard of a Ninja gardening club? :lol: That last line was a joke by the way...

you DO realize that not only is common sense very rare, it makes life less fun?

Warwolf

I ain't got no reason to kill nobody...

Unread post by Warwolf »

[quote="Nekira Sudacne]you DO realize that not only is common sense very rare, it makes life less fun?[/quote]

Hey, it keeps people alive doesn't it? Well, I see how that could not be fun...nevermind, forget I said that. NO, I do NOT have bodies buried in my basement...they're all in my back yard. :demon:
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

to each his own.
Rex
Wanderer
Comment: I'm back, I guess

Unread post by Rex »

Ghost Dog? Wasn't Forrest Whittaker in that? :-P

I'm kidding. Thats great stuff. MK's are a favorite of mine too. I wish I had the 10th lvl Demigod I made a few years back to share with you.

I also had a 5th lvl Elven one that really, really confused my PC's. She had two personas. My players had no idea their beautiful elf friend was the one that was stirring up the local mine monsters to attack the town.
Rex, you are one helluva guy.
-Geronimo
never trust a man's post count... that's only an indication of his ability to write a lot of stuff - Svartalf
GP:5D6+502
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Re: Mystic Knights

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

MattLing wrote:Federation of Magic, when it presents the most excellent Mystic Knight OCC gives us a tantalizing glimpse at this organization of evil counterparts to the Cyber-Knight.

I present here some of my notes extrapolated from the subject...

Mystic Knight bases of operation:

Fort Knox Complex
~Main Base of Operation and Organization
~Use <40% of the old complex, which has been dug out and "redecorated"
~Vaults are used for secret meetings, holding prisoners, monsters, and a variety of other purposes

Blue Ridge Retreat
~Center for meditation-- remember, Mystic Knights are Mystics at heart
~Occaisionally used as a base for extradimensional operations
~Sanctuary where grudges are put aside

Quebec Center
~"Embassy" with Lazlo(!) and several other indie kingdoms
~Co-ordinate with Splugorth Activity from Newfoundland
~All-around fortress
~Avoided by travellers, occaisionally bothered by Free Quebec
~Occupies the "no-man's land" between Lazlo and FQ-- each side demands the other do something about it

Mystic Knights, despite being hated and feared, are often treated courteously, especially by indie kingdoms. The reason for this is twofold: While on one hand you dont want to displease one and risk his wrath, they also are very good to hire! In fact, in many communities, Mystic Knights end up performing most of the same duties (monster slaying, deposing tyrants, axeing bandits, etc) as their more altruistic opposits, the Cyber-Knights!

The organization of the Eternal Order of Mystic Knights is as follows:

The Master of the Eternal Order of Mystic Knights
Chosen from amongst the 12-member council below, he is the "first among equals", but remember that some Knights are a lot more equal than others.

Council
12 Lords, each of the 12 respective Orders of the Mystic Knights. It meets once a year in the Fort Knox complex or in emergencies.

Cavaliers
The vast, vast majority of all Knights are members of one of 12 Orders. Each of these Orders is a nearly-independent organization. Each Knight is answerable only to his Lord, and each Order has a different way of organizing (or disorganizing) itself, ranging from strict heirarchies to egalitarian democracies to total chaos.

12 Orders:
The Order of [the]:
~Pale Eye- A mysterious and secretive body, this Order believes that introspection is the key to all understanding-- and that keeping an eye on everything else that happens is good for business. Spies beyond compare, they tend to have their hands in a bit of everything. They are also unbelievably paranoid and tend not to trust anyone. The Lord is whomever can do the best job of "disappearing" his rivals until none dare challenge him. Members of this order are also known as "Watchers".
~Bleeding Heart- Characterized by rigid egalitarianism (at least philosophically), this Order is quite democratic and actually elects their own Lord from amongst themselves. They tend towards charisma, extroversion and tend to be "people oriented", even if it's through massacres, genocide, or torture. They are known as "Keepers".
~Black Rose- More "sensitive" perhaps than many other Knights, this Order is full of those who might have otherwise become musicians, poets, or writers. They tend towards passionate extremes, most especially when it comes to violence. They are oft-lampooned by others for being romantics, but any joke at their expense must be made carefully, or you'll probably never be seen again. The Lord of the Black Rose is chosen through a contest-- but not a joust or duel, a poetry contest.
~Laughing Death- Known as "Jesters", these Knights find a little humor in everyting. Though the humor often escapes the victims of their elaborate, ironic schemes, they never fail to leave one last clue at the end to complete the punchline. Nobody is truly safe from these psychotic manipulators and schemers, and any time they are victorious, the loser can expect to hear their laughter before whatever vicious (but ironically amusing!) death comes to meet him.
~Ghost Dog- Loyal retainers all, these Knights will complete whatever task they have been hired for. At any cost. Persistent is a good word to characterise these guys, because once their loyalty has been bought (never cheaply), they will never rest until their task is complete. If you double-cross one, though, make sure you finish him off or you'll be next on his list.
~Bullet- These are the Lone Gunmen. Acting alone, they avoid each other and most others. Nearly hermits in many cases, to hire one you'll usually have to find him, and make your way into his lair. Avoid the booby traps and you'll have something that can kill a man at distance before he ever even sees it coming-- a Bullet.
~Hydra- I'll finish typing it later
~Dragon
~Frost Unending
~Red Dawn
~Unyielding Stone
~Banshee

There is also an extraordinarily secret 13th order, that of the White Rose. There are barely 100 members of this organization in the entire Megaverse, none of whom know each other save the Lord, who knows of each member (though it is unlikely they would recognize him). This Thirteenth Order is a bag of worms all its own.
i just might to have to "borrow" that idea of your Mattling
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

There is also an extraordinarily secret 13th order, that of the White Rose. There are barely 100 members of this organization in the entire Megaverse, none of whom know each other save the Lord, who knows of each member (though it is unlikely they would recognize him). This Thirteenth Order is a bag of worms all its own.

hm......mind if i make a guess on the White Rose group?

back in the 1940's, the White Rose was a group of German students that circulated Anti-nazi propoganda, and who were eventually executed for it.

so my guess on the white rose mystic knghts are members who have "seen the light" and are working to change the rest of the orginization for the better.

how close did i get?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Illithid13 wrote:
Hystrix wrote:Interesting conscept. This could make a cool Rifter submission...

I second that. Great job! :ok:

I agree. Write it up, flesh it out, and send that bad boy to the Rifter. Maybe in 18-36 months it will see print.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

MattLing wrote:
Warwolf wrote:

They're knightly orders. They affiliate to one another based on their philosophies and methods. What's impractical about that?

I can see that reasoning with you is like trying to drive a railroad spike through six-inch steel... do what you will, I'm not gonna argue my points on it with you. :nh:
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

The Mystic knights are found in russia too.

I have one woking for Warlord Sokolov,she is Planting to take him out and replace him with a War-Knight who she have influence on.

Return to “Rifts®”