Ultimate Rifts...ISP/PPE Changes?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ghost2020
Adventurer

Ultimate Rifts...ISP/PPE Changes?

Unread post by ghost2020 »

Will ISP/PPE still work the same in Rifts or is it now adapting the Beyond the Supernatural system for ISP/PPE?

I hope it stays the way it is.
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Re: Ultimate Rifts...ISP/PPE Changes?

Unread post by Jason Richards »

ghost2020 wrote:Will ISP/PPE still work the same in Rifts or is it now adapting the Beyond the Supernatural system for ISP/PPE?

I hope it stays the way it is.

Are you asking if they will add threat levels? I doubt it.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
ghost2020
Adventurer

Unread post by ghost2020 »

Yeah the threat levels and general reduced ppe/isp. I doubt it too.
Last edited by ghost2020 on Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

It would be nice if the book took all the expansions for the various characters(Headhunter, Shifter, City Rats, Cyber-Knights, Borgs, Psi-Stalkers, and Bursters) and put them in place of the versions currently in the main book.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Sentinel wrote:It would be nice if the book took all the expansions for the various characters(Headhunter, Shifter, City Rats, Cyber-Knights, Borgs, Psi-Stalkers, and Bursters) and put them in place of the versions currently in the main book.

I would expect that, though probably not every variant of those classes, just the basic class (Techno-Warrior Headhunter, City Rat Archetype, etc.)
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Sentinel wrote:It would be nice if the book took all the expansions for the various characters(Headhunter, Shifter, City Rats, Cyber-Knights, Borgs, Psi-Stalkers, and Bursters) and put them in place of the versions currently in the main book.

I agree. I just hope we don`t see the updated occs appear again in another book later.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Fulcrum wrote:What I'd like to see is a system which allows you to judge whether or not the power level of an enemy or enemies is right for your group. Like a D&D challenge rating. Uder the current system, a very sadistic DM could throw the Four Horseman at a long Rogue Scholar without too much pang of conscience.

Having said that, I hope they update a few things in the main book, like the power levels of those O.C.C.s. to match the O.C.C.s and R.C.C.s in the later world books, which are, in my humble opinion, far more powerful.

I'd like to think that most GMs have some level of common sense and would know better to do that, but that isn't always the case.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I pray to God that they do NOT do this.
I don't mind the updates of some OCCs, like Psi-Stalkers and Bursters, but I abhore the crap they did to the Headhunters and Cyber-Knights.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Beatleguise wrote:Im hoping they use this to detail the TW Wizard, and how he creates items.

It would also be very cool if the Channeling Rules became Official. :)

Agreed on both counts!
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Rex
Wanderer
Comment: I'm back, I guess

Unread post by Rex »

I hope they write up Insanity rules that actually work with the Crazy, instead of just Copy/Paste from HU, again.
Rex, you are one helluva guy.
-Geronimo
never trust a man's post count... that's only an indication of his ability to write a lot of stuff - Svartalf
GP:5D6+502
Flick
D-Bee

100+ extra pages

Unread post by Flick »

Just remember that they are adding about 100 extra pages. I hope they use them to add most of the variant OCC and character expansions that were in later books, like the city rat, cyber knight, etc but with only 100 extra pages they can't give us everything we want only a lot of it. I would love to see the Techno wizzard and Ley line walker tweaked as well as some bionic/cybernetic modificaitons/additions that give greater variety to these tech characters. I have to admit I'm really excited though because I think they did a fantastic job on Heros unlimited's second edition and can only picture that this will be about the same.
I do believe in Narnia.
PigLickJF
Adventurer

Re: 100+ extra pages

Unread post by PigLickJF »

Flick wrote:Just remember that they are adding about 100 extra pages. I hope they use them to add most of the variant OCC and character expansions that were in later books, like the city rat, cyber knight, etc

Not me, those variants are largely redundant and unneeded, and they're already in other books. I'd like to see them use those 100 pages to further enrich the gameworld and better clarify and explain the rules (and maybe add a few nifty pieces of new art). There are enough OCC/Toy catalogues already, no need to make UR into yet another.

PigLick
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Well, my one hope is that it's actually a comprehensive update. I hoped for that with the GMG, but that turned out to be just a patchwork job that didn't address the underlying issues of a few things (like RoF).
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”