The biggest bad or good guy

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

The biggest bad or good guy

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Who do you think is the biggest bad or good guy in the Megaverse? It can be a Robot, person, race ( indivisual ). Whoever you can think of! I want to hear from you!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Individually OR Collectively, it's the Old Ones, hands down. Even Nxla (Rifts: Psyscape) and the Lord of the Deep (Rifts: Underseas), powerhouses even amongst Alien Intelligences, are said to be puny cousins to these Beings. The Old Ones are also completely Immortal AND Indestructible.

The Cosmic Forge is probably a close second.

Next Question??
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Kevin Siembieda.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Kalinda wrote:Kevin Siembieda.
Kevin is the REAL Great Old One!!

Power Incarnate!!!

Master of Time!!!!

All Palladium Books actually get completed on time. But Kevin uses powerful, unique Temporal Magicks to delay their actual Release Date. He then psychically feeds on the P.P.E. released by the anguish of his adoring fans.

The longer the Book stays an "Idea" (Like Rifts: Lemuria, Rifts: Africa Two, or Rifts: Chi-Town), the greater the Anguish, and therefore the greater the P.P.E. amount garnered by Kevin and his High Priests....... :demon:

And you thought that Kevin was in it for the Money........

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

arissa65 wrote:The greatest good guy, as a group the Dog Boy, nothing really special but every day tens of thousands of them get up and due there missions without complaint.

Bad guy, for rifts, there's a few, I go with Splynn, cause folks asctully have contact with him
I guess that if I were not only brainwashed from birth but ALSO genetically tweaked to "like" saving other (worthy) Lives at the cost of my own (unworthy life), I guess that I would get up and do "...Missions without complaint," too.

But whatever floats your boat, man......

DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

Atlas from Pantheons book, is listed as the largest humanoid in the Megaverse or something along these lines
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Floopers.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

Badest bad guy(s) is that race that splits into 2 if you damage then. If you realy think about how there wrote up they are as bad as the demon locas. Good guys i have to go with an earlyer poster and say dog boy. I just love those guys. (Followed closely by the juggernaught)
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Zylo wrote:
Kalinda wrote:Kevin Siembieda.

:lol:

Nice, but you didn't give specifics. Good guy? Bad guy?

Judging by these boards, both.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
60 DaDa points.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Great replies! But when I mean everything, I mean everything! That means anything that has been converted to the Palladium system too, put it here! The biggest good or bad guy!
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

It is no doubt that forces such as the Old Ones, Gene Splicers, Splugorth, Atorian Empire, Nxla, Lord of the Deep, Mechanoids, and the various Hell Worlds, etc. are major forces of evil. However, It is also hinted that The Dark is the source of all evil in the megaverse and that it can never be truly destroyed (maybe something to do with good not being able to exist without evil). Running off of that, I don't believe the biggest entity of good has been shown yet (though the Cosmic Forge and the entity that helped create Psynex definitely rank up there). I believe it has truly been left ambiguous for a good reason: to allow the individual GM to create their own ultimate forces of good and/or evil (especially if a religious context is used).
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Alpha 11
Palladin

Keep it up and after a couple of more, I will revile, what I would consiter, the ultermit creature, or robot, or race, in the Megaverse!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

The Mulkas :lol: hehehe talk about power
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Alpha 11
Palladin

I will post my choice later today, since it seems that no one else is going to post here.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Well, I said anything, so here is my choice! From Cheethorne Design Factory!!! The Super Saiyan 5!!!!! And you said the Old Ones were bad! HA!! With body training and the Lengendary Ki Techniques of Celluler Regeneration and Super Absorption, this guy would be unstoppable. And if for some resoon he still cannot take out an Old One with just training, then he would just have to beet the tar out of some Splugorth, maybe some Fallen Knights, and some evil gods and absorb them, getting all of their powers and abilities! And yes, this is a good guy! And when all is said and do, with a few old ones absorb, he will most likely have around a MILLION MDC, MAYBE MORE!!! The only thing that could affect him at this stage are several shots from reflex cannons from Robotech or Macross II. And that is if the stands still. So what do you think!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

arissa65 wrote:Sure, thats true. But they still do it, there often by the books treated like crap. But they still due there job. And that counts for something. They also save far more lives in Rifts earth, the all the forces of the so called Good Guys combined, they also must likley kill more inocent life, but thats life.
Arissa, please tell me, 'cause I'm mystified.

How is it, exactly, that Dog Boys "save" all these lives that you speak of (and I'd REALLY love to get a Book, Page Number, and Quote for those "statistics" that you cite [sic]), when the VAST MAJORITY of Coalition States Missions over the last 20-30 years involve SYSTEMATIC, WHOLESALE SLAUGHTER OF NON-COALITION PERSONNEL WHO ARE USUALLY DEFENSELESS? (Rifts: Coalition War Campaign; various Statements to that effect throughout the Book, by the Author).

Geez Louise, at least get the basic definitions right, for Goodness' sakes!! :-?

A Dog Boy diving in front of a bullet to save a Coalition Citizen/Soldier is "saving a life."

Unfortunately, their usual Duties are something else entirely, and consist mainly of Killing (mostly unarmed/prepared) People and Breaking Things, to paraphrase a now-famous line once uttered by a Radio Commentator........

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Alpha 11 wrote:Great replies! But when I mean everything, I mean everything! That means anything that has been converted to the Palladium system too, put it here! The biggest good or bad guy!
Well...

...since you put it THAT way.....

it's STILL Kevin Siembieda.

Alignment: Both Scrupulous AND Diabolic at the same time.

Depends on if someone likes a given Book or not, and/or whether or not a Promised Book was released on time.... :lol:

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

..but seriously.

Staying In-Game, the hands down greatest force for GOOD in Rifts would be the League of Megaversal Beings that include Thoth, Zurvan, Brahma, and a few (as yet unnamed) others.

If these Entities didn't constantly kep the Old Ones asleep, then the awakened Old Ones would "look" around the Megaverse to see what changed since they were away.....

...and see a certain Planet, 3rd from the Sun in its Solar System, and just bursting with magical Energy.

And AFTER they get there, one can just forget about finding Rifts: [_fill-in-the-blank_] in your Local Gaming Book Store. Instead you'd only have to buy just ONE Rifts Book.

Rifts: Dominion of The Old Ones and the Smoking, Mostly Lifeless, Crater-Filled ball of Rock once called Earth......

by Kevin Siembieda with a Forward by the Old Ones...

Alpha 11
Palladin

Man! I did not think my choice would get such a deafaning silence! Did my choice just blow everybody out of the water, nobody cares, or is it that no one knows how to respond to it? And like I said before, what do you think of my choice?
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Alpha 11 wrote:Man! I did not think my choice would get such a deafaning silence! Did my choice just blow everybody out of the water, nobody cares, or is it that no one knows how to respond to it? And like I said before, what do you think of my choice?

No one wishes to dignify your post with a response, but I'm feeling somewhat cantankerous. Anyway, the copyright lawyers would destroy your feeble attempt at a response before it saw the blue glow of the ley lines. Go back to watching your cheesy anime now little one, and let the rest of us have a grown-up conversation.

That response enough for you?
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Alpha 11
Palladin

Sorry Warewolf! I did not mean to step on any toes. I put this question here to have a little fun and to see what people would put. I also said they could put anything, so that means from the RPG, to any TV show, to books, and other games. That means Star Trek (maybe the Borg or Q), Star Wars (Death Star any one), Battletech, Lord of the Rings, Terminator, anything! And for your information, I am an adult. And everybody here has their little hobies and anima is one of mine and I am sure there are people here on this site who like anima. I am also sure there are several people on this site that watch Dragonball and like it that someone converit it to the RPG. I am also sure someone would call you and all of us who like and play RPG's childish also. And if that is true of people who like cartoons turned to RPG means they are childish, does that mean that everybody who loved Robotech and then went to play it as an RPG, does that make them childish, I think not! So please do not cast stones. And also, the guy who does the site with the Dragonball conversion has done all the leagal tuff, so he is in the clear. And the guy said when you got to the upper levels of transformed saiyon, that it was only really good for high leave game play with gods and similar beings or maga quests. Besides, isn't it the very nature of Rifts, to be able to go into other dimentions and have all these cool adventures! Look at Heroes Unlimited! You could very easily take your farorite charactors from DC and Marvel and put them into play! Plus there are serval sites that have converted Star Trek and Star Wars to the MDC system. Anyway, I will say that I am sorry again, maybe I did went a little overbord in the way I posted may big bad/good guy. I was just tring to have a little fun and to see what was out there. And I do not really know how a Saiyan would stack up againist any of those other beings, since it has never happen in any game play that I know of, it was just who I thought would won, my opiniun, just like everybody else was doing and what I wanted them to do. Besides, I think I know who might be able take out who I thought was the best, Q.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Alpha 11 wrote:Sorry Warewolf! I did not mean to step on any toes. I put this question here to have a little fun and to see what people would put. I also said they could put anything, so that means from the RPG, to any TV show, to books, and other games. That means Star Trek (maybe the Borg or Q), Star Wars (Death Star any one), Battletech, Lord of the Rings, Terminator, anything! And for your information, I am an adult. And everybody here has their little hobies and anima is one of mine and I am sure there are people here on this site who like anima. I am also sure there are several people on this site that watch Dragonball and like it that someone converit it to the RPG. I am also sure someone would call you and all of us who like and play RPG's childish also. And if that is true of people who like cartoons turned to RPG means they are childish, does that mean that everybody who loved Robotech and then went to play it as an RPG, does that make them childish, I think not! So please do not cast stones. And also, the guy who does the site with the Dragonball conversion has done all the leagal tuff, so he is in the clear. And the guy said when you got to the upper levels of transformed saiyon, that it was only really good for high leave game play with gods and similar beings or maga quests. Besides, isn't it the very nature of Rifts, to be able to go into other dimentions and have all these cool adventures! Look at Heroes Unlimited! You could very easily take your farorite charactors from DC and Marvel and put them into play! Plus there are serval sites that have converted Star Trek and Star Wars to the MDC system. Anyway, I will say that I am sorry again, maybe I did went a little overbord in the way I posted may big bad/good guy. I was just tring to have a little fun and to see what was out there. And I do not really know how a Saiyan would stack up againist any of those other beings, since it has never happen in any game play that I know of, it was just who I thought would won, my opiniun, just like everybody else was doing and what I wanted them to do. Besides, I think I know who might be able take out who I thought was the best, Q.

Except that we can't talk about any of that on these boards. read the rules, no conversions.
60 DaDa points.
Alpha 11
Palladin

It is? Opps! You have my appologies! I will try to remember that in the future. And Kalinda, thank you for telling me that. I will keep things to Palladium on this site.
Alpha 11
Palladin

If that is the case, then it looks like most people think the Old Ones are the best of the best, so I bow to the Old Ones, though I hope there is some good guys out there that could stop them. Again, I am sorry if I couse any problems.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

No problem, Don't feel bad about it, it happens a lot. you're not the first, you won't be the last. :)
60 DaDa points.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Thanks!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Alpha 11 wrote:It is? Opps! You have my appologies! I will try to remember that in the future. And Kalinda, thank you for telling me that. I will keep things to Palladium on this site.
But no one answered MY Question yet!!!

Can Wolverine Teleport into an Environmentally sealed Vehicle???

:thwak:

Okay, Okay!!! Sticking to the original Subject!!!

Alpha 11
Palladin

HA HA Cornholioprime!! :lol: :lol: On who is the best again, who is older, the Cosmic Forge or the Old Ones? Because, wasn't the Forge created by the First? And the way it sounds, the First were the first of everthing. And if that is true, wouldn't that make it older and therefor, maybe, more powerfull then the Old Ones?
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Alpha 11 wrote:HA HA Cornholioprime!! :lol: :lol: On who is the best again, who is older, the Cosmic Forge or the Old Ones? Because, wasn't the Forge created by the First? And the way it sounds, the First were the first of everthing. And if that is true, wouldn't that make it older and therefor, maybe, more powerfull then the Old Ones?
No. The Cosmic Forge is, at best, "only" a few Million years old.

The Old Ones are said in some texts to have always existed (The Rules of Magic can even ignore the Scientific Laws of Cause and Effect), and were finally overthrown only 50,000 years ago.....

Alpha 11
Palladin

That's strange. The RPG makes it sound like it is much older then a few thousand years old.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Alpha 11 wrote:That's strange. The RPG makes it sound like it is much older then a few thousand years old.
Perhaps I did not "speak" clearly enough.

The Cosmic Forge is said to be the creation of the First Race....but only after they themselves evolved and mastered Technology over many, many years...in a Different Dimension that either Rifts Earth OR the Palladium Dimension.

The Old Ones were said to have:

A]] Always existed.

B]] Themselves been the Creators/Progenitors/Parents of ALL other Alien Inteligences, including the Splugorth (although something doesn't quite ring as true due to the fact that the Splugorth have been bad-a$$es in our own Dimension for millions of years...or at least, they've tangled with the Egyptian Pantheon for that long a time).....

Alpha 11
Palladin

No you made sence, it was just what I had read in the RPG seem to conflict with what you said and I know very little about the Old Ones, but I now believe that I have all the peaces. And ruffle how much more powerful are the Old Ones are then say, the Splugorth. So I can get at least a guesse as to how powerful they are.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Re: who did what?

velcRomanceR wrote:I wrote this message earlier but it seems to have disappeared from this forum. Earlier I wrote on the comparison of power between the Old Ones and the Splugorth. I compared the two to our emperialistic and authoritarian system of government and its machinations to some guy committing a misdemeanor. I guess it struck a chord with the totalitarian powers who run this sight. Excuse the "f" out of me.
Yep, he's REALLY trying to get himself suspended, or banned, or something.

(Hey, Mods!! does this Response sound more 'friendly/professional??' I see that my last Response was scratched because I apparently "spoke" in a Rude Manner)

*** insert ingratiating Emoticon here to attempt to curry favor with the Moderators ***

:D

Alpha 11
Palladin

Ha cornholioprime! I know this is off topic, I just want to say something about your little saying you have in your posts about the CS. Since Prosek is a Hitler wantabe, we should all remember what happen to Germany during WWII. They seemed unstoppable at first, but then got bet. It might have taken some time but it came. That might be what will happen to the CS in time. I hope that I got the right impression from your quotes.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Alpha 11 wrote:Ha cornholioprime! I know this is off topic, I just want to say something about your little saying you have in your posts about the CS. Since Prosek is a Hitler wantabe, we should all remember what happen to Germany during WWII. They seemed unstoppable at first, but then got bet. It might have taken some time but it came. That might be what will happen to the CS in time. I hope that I got the right impression from your quotes.
There's an Upcoming Thread I'm working on that addresses things like that.

Coming soon...

Alpha 11
Palladin

Cool! Looking forward to it! Know back to the main subject!
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Alpha 11 wrote: I also said they could put anything, so that means from the RPG, to any TV show, to books, and other games. That means Star Trek (maybe the Borg or Q), Star Wars (Death Star any one), Battletech, Lord of the Rings, Terminator, anything!

And no-one replied, because we don't really want to be banned for posting conversions of other people's intellectual properties.

And also, the guy who does the site with the Dragonball conversion has done all the leagal tuff, so he is in the clear.

Perhaps so, but he's not posting here. Same with your references to the TIW pages (on the robotech forum). Great stuff, just don't post it on the palladium boards, or you may get spanked by the moderators. I understand you're new, and I am trying to give friendly advice (one robotech jockey to another). Don't post ANYTHING that isn't palladium canon.

Besides, isn't it the very nature of Rifts, to be able to go into other dimentions and have all these cool adventures!

Yep. That's what those dimension books are for.

Look at Heroes Unlimited! You could very easily take your farorite charactors from DC and Marvel and put them into play!

Sure, but don't put your conversion of Green Lantern or Spider Man here, or the mods get all soggy and hard to light.

Plus there are serval sites that have converted Star Trek and Star Wars to the MDC system.

Maybe.. Maybe I would even find them to be irresistably cool.. but don't post them, or any of their converted stuff here!

I'm going to finish my post here and wait for this thread to be locked. Then again... no actual conversion was really posted........ :-D
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Comrade Corsarius wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote: I also said they could put anything, so that means from the RPG, to any TV show, to books, and other games. That means Star Trek (maybe the Borg or Q), Star Wars (Death Star any one), Battletech, Lord of the Rings, Terminator, anything!

And no-one replied, because we don't really want to be banned for posting conversions of other people's intellectual properties.

And also, the guy who does the site with the Dragonball conversion has done all the leagal tuff, so he is in the clear.

Perhaps so, but he's not posting here. Same with your references to the TIW pages (on the robotech forum). Great stuff, just don't post it on the palladium boards, or you may get spanked by the moderators. I understand you're new, and I am trying to give friendly advice (one robotech jockey to another). Don't post ANYTHING that isn't palladium canon.

Besides, isn't it the very nature of Rifts, to be able to go into other dimentions and have all these cool adventures!

Yep. That's what those dimension books are for.

Look at Heroes Unlimited! You could very easily take your farorite charactors from DC and Marvel and put them into play!

Sure, but don't put your conversion of Green Lantern or Spider Man here, or the mods get all soggy and hard to light.

Plus there are serval sites that have converted Star Trek and Star Wars to the MDC system.

Maybe.. Maybe I would even find them to be irresistably cool.. but don't post them, or any of their converted stuff here!

I'm going to finish my post here and wait for this thread to be locked. Then again... no actual conversion was really posted........ :-D

read the rest of the thread, I pointed out the rule about conversions and he apologized. no harm, no foul. :)
60 DaDa points.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Yes I did apologized, but I will do it again so that everbody will hear it this time. And I was never asking for accual stats from those shows. And if it means I cannot even mention any thing like Star Trek or any other shows, books or games here, I will not mention them either. And if I am doing something wrong, just point it out and I will apologize and either stop what I am doing or move the converstion in a another direction. If I am doing that, it is almost 100%, an accident and that I did not know I was braking the rules. There is no need to start throwing insults at me (Warewolf, all you had to say was we cannot do that here like Kalinda did and I back off of were I was going with this topic and put it were it was supost to be. I hope we will be able to have to good civil converstions in the future. Peace?). I will freely admint when I am wrong and do what I can to correct the mistake. I hope this is good enough. I do not know what else more to say.
velcRomanceR
Wanderer
Location: Being an interdimensional party provider/tour guide, I never know with any certainty where I'll be.

bottom line

Unread post by velcRomanceR »

Most Powerful? Joseph Prosek II or Jesus.......... :? or the GM running the game!
Nothing is true, all is permitted
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Alpha 11 wrote: (Warewolf, all you had to say was we cannot do that here like Kalinda did and I back off of were I was going with this topic and put it were it was supost to be. I hope we will be able to have to good civil converstions in the future. Peace?).

#1) Warwolf, drop the "e".
#2) I posted that I was in a cantankerous mood, I can be quite an ***hole sometimes.
#3) Mentioning other intellectual property is ok. Talking about porting it into Rifts is different.
#4) The over-the-top way you made that post reminded me of a nine year-old with a sugar rush, hence my comments on that.
#5) Try not to take great offence to what I said. I was going for slightly condescending rather than outright inflammatory.
#6) I watch anime. However, I think DBZ is an over-glorified kiddie cartoon (at least the version they had on Toonami). Personally, I like something with a little more substance and depth. But I am not here to argue the fine points of anime.
#7) If I hurt your feelings, I apologize. I have been a little quick to lash out at those I find irritating as of late. I usually exhibit a little more restraint.
#8 ) I have no quarrel with you, so as long as you conduct yourself in a civil manner I am very likely to do the same. That is all.
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Supreme evil and supreme good.

Unread post by Subjugator »

In reference to the game only and nothing that is not directly game related, I'd say:

Out of game - obvious answers:

Supreme good - A good GM.
They are all too rare but MAN do they rock!

Supreme evil - The GMs of munchkins.
They make more munchkins.

In game - obvious answers:

Supreme good - Cosmic Forge
Supreme evil - Old Ones

'Nuff said for both of 'em.

In game - inobvious answers:

Supreme good - Rogue Scholars.
They risk their lives to turn sheep into wolves that can fight back.

Supreme evil - Whatever it was that cursed the Invalian Robot Jockeys.
He nailed an ENTIRE RACE in one shot, and did it forever.

There are my answers.
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Then all is Cool Warwolf. :ok: And I can understand were you are coming from, we all have days like that and ya, I over did it a little. Looking forward to "talking" to you in the future. On to other things. No one has answered my question on ruffly how powerful the old ones are. Again, not asking for statistices, just something like 5x, 10x, like say the Splugorth.
Warwolf

Unread post by Warwolf »

Alpha 11 wrote:Then all is Cool Warwolf. :ok: And I can understand were you are coming from, we all have days like that and ya, I over did it a little. Looking forward to "talking" to you in the future. On to other things. No one has answered my question on ruffly how powerful the old ones are. Again, not asking for statistices, just something like 5x, 10x, like say the Splugorth.

Think "Megaversal Apocalypse" if these guys ever wake up. When they were put to sleep in the first place, it took entire races to hold their minions at bay. These things are evil power incarnate, though there is a theory that there is at least one being even more powerful than they. But I'm gonna make you find my other post on this topic in another section to find the answer. :demon:
Alpha 11
Palladin

Warwolf, you are evil! :D And the way you are saying it, it sounds like that anybody who got in their way would only be a speed bump to them, and a little one at that! So if they are that powerful, how did they get put to sleep? And I will be looking for your post. Is it in the Rifts section?
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Alpha 11 wrote:Warwolf, you are evil! :D And the way you are saying it, it sounds like that anybody who got in their way would only be a speed bump to them, and a little one at that! So if they are that powerful, how did they get put to sleep? And I will be looking for your post. Is it in the Rifts section?
They were put to sleep by a Series of Spells and Rituals SO powerful, it made even the Atlantis Super-Inter-Dimensional 10,000 Rift Nexus Attempt look like a mere cantrip -and THAT Spell knocked the entire EARTH off its Mystic Axis!!!

(10 Geek Points for the meaning of the "cantrip" reference.)

ANYHOO......

While this Spell was being cast/performed, with the Help of Thoth (Xy, the Great Old One, of all people), MILLIONS of Beings perished in the climactic Battles; THOUSANDS of entire Races perished in the process.

And even after all that, despite their best efforts (or so it is implied), the Combined Forces of Light AND the Former Servants of the Old Ones (which included Dragons, coincidentally) were unable to destroy the old Ones as they wished.....

Alpha 11
Palladin

:shock: Man, when you put it like that, we all better pray they stay asleep! :shock: And if we do we can just kiss this Megaverse goodbuy.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Cornholioprime wrote:

First Ed AD&D. minor spells that wizards learned during their training as a precursor to first level spells. still useful at higher levels for mundane tasks like cleaning armor or lighting fires.
60 DaDa points.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Kalinda wrote:Cornholioprime wrote:

First Ed AD&D. minor spells that wizards learned during their training as a precursor to first level spells. still useful at higher levels for mundane tasks like cleaning armor or lighting fires.
10 Geek Points to Kalinda for knowing what a "cantrip" was.

Unfortunately for Kainda, they're not even Level 1 Geek Points.......... :D

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

cornholioprime wrote:
Kalinda wrote:Cornholioprime wrote:

10 Geek Points to Kalinda for knowing what a "cantrip" was.

Unfortunately for Kainda, they're not even Level 1 Geek Points.......... :D

Come ON... that shouldn't even get 10 Geek points...
Geek points should be reserved for obscure knowledge.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Rifts®”