Chichen Itza water for late Juicer detox?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Chichen Itza water for late Juicer detox?

Unread post by Subjugator »

Has anyone ever had a character who was a Juicer in last call pull out some water from Chichen Itza and ask if it can help purify his body?

This happened to me...I couldn't figure out why he was so bent on getting the water (other than the money) until he actually got some...next thing I know, he's not selling it, he's telling me he wants to drink it and use it to detox at year six!

He figured he'd hire some psychic healers and use them and it to make his detox safe. In the end I ruled it to be legal...I mean, they had a hell of a time getting the water, had to run like little girls after getting it, and barely survived the trip.

The Juicer became a Russian borg (Mantis) after that.

Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

If it the water i think it is. The water from source book to it says it cures everything all insanitys injuries, and brings you back to the prime of your life. So ya i think it would be great for detox at any phase of last call. Or an Great additive from the ultimate juicer The immortal juicer . It would have to be magically treated but it would make the ultimate worrior. :D
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

How did he learn about the water?

Doom senses improper PC knowledge.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Subjugator

Blight wrote:If it the water i think it is. The water from source book to it says it cures everything all insanitys injuries, and brings you back to the prime of your life. So ya i think it would be great for detox at any phase of last call. Or an Great additive from the ultimate juicer The immortal juicer . It would have to be magically treated but it would make the ultimate worrior. :D

Hm - I never thought of that. Add it directly to the JAPE harness of a Mega Juicer.

+50 to initial MDC
Healing - 1d6x10 per melee.
Immune to poisons and drugs
Livespan as a juicer increases by 300%
Can go into detox as late as three years from last call

Without adding it to the actual JAPE, it'll allow someone - once - to do a complete and immediate detox.

Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

Subjugator

Psi-hound wrote:He's talking about the water from Vampire Kingdoms, a well that is guarded by Cammazotz (a false bat-god thing) and it's pet Vamp Intel bodyguard. My question is: how the HELL did anyone survive the mission to get some of that water??? I posted a story about this place a few months ago; it's a long post, but I think you guys will like it.

To illustrate how potent the water is, I had two gods fighting to the death over which one controlled this well. In the story, they each drink of the waters and battle until one god is completely annihilated.

for a refresher on Chichen Itza, check this link:

viewtopic.php?t=31666&highlight=

But if a juicer DID manage to get some of it; this water is the most potent healing agent on Rifts Earth, bar none. If he also had the help of a few psychics AND the water, I'd say he's good to go for Full Conversion.

Once the Russians pop his brain out and he does the time in Warlord Seriyev's army, and he realizes he can't be healed anymore by magic water, or psychics, or anything short of a mech bay, he may realize the repair bills, ammunition costs and maintenance of his new Mantis physique. I hear Minsk is nice this time of year...

:lol:

Actually, he got it in Colorado (Silverno). It's not nearly as well guarded there, and they found out about it in passing in another adventure I was running. They'd gotten a tiny bit from in Texas (not knowing any details), and then tracked the source of it down and beat the hell out of him for more information.

The fools WERE going to go to Chichen Itza for the motherload, so I let them go far enough south to meet some mercs that had tried it. The faces that went flat pale with the voices of seasoned mercenaries debasing into stuttering fear changed their minds. They headed back North to Silverno and stole some from them instead.

They ended up with a price on their heads, a posse after them, and some very angry vampires. They ended up jumping a rift and ended up in Russia (one of the players had wanted to play a Mystic Kuznya, so that was an easy way to handle it), which is how the former juicer became a Russian borg.

They eventually retired in Lazlo.

Sub

Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Dr. Doom III wrote:How did he learn about the water?

Thats a good point unless they found out about the pact Gwen Severson has with the Vampires in Silvereno but thats one of the few ways a PC Group in North America could find out about it.
Other than that then yeah how did they find out?
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Subjugator

Preacher wrote:
Dr. Doom III wrote:How did he learn about the water?

Thats a good point unless they found out about the pact Gwen Severson has with the Vampires in Silvereno but thats one of the few ways a PC Group in North America could find out about it.
Other than that then yeah how did they find out?

As above - I needed to place some in an adventure, and they tracked down the source and ran with it. It was legit...I'm no Santa Claus.

Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Irregardless, it's not an issue how he got it..(He has/had it) But yeah I'd say it's good to go.

but he should still need withdrawl and to beat the mental addiction..better RP and such..
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: Chichen Itza water for late Juicer detox?

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Subjugator wrote:Has anyone ever had a character who was a Juicer in last call pull out some water from Chichen Itza and ask if it can help purify his body?

This happened to me...I couldn't figure out why he was so bent on getting the water (other than the money) until he actually got some...next thing I know, he's not selling it, he's telling me he wants to drink it and use it to detox at year six!

He figured he'd hire some psychic healers and use them and it to make his detox safe. In the end I ruled it to be legal...I mean, they had a hell of a time getting the water, had to run like little girls after getting it, and barely survived the trip.

The Juicer became a Russian borg (Mantis) after that.

Sub
No. Kevin foresaw this and declared that NOTHING, not even Restoration, can reverse either Last Call OR the consequences of being a Juicer too long for detox.

When I can find the Quote that answers your Question (I know it's NOT in Rifts: Juicer Uprising, and MAY be in a Rifter), I'll cite it for you.

And if Restoration won't help you, then NOTHING will........
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

nah. Flesh magic spells can restore a juicer ... just don't expect your original body..
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Definitely...NO.

Neither Restoration nor the healing waters of Chichen Itza are said to restrore a person's state of being; they are both said to restore Hit Points.

Completely restored Hit Points and Limbs is NOT the same thing as curing Disorders.

Julian the First ( see Rifts: Juicer Uprising) is a Mega-Juicer on Last Call.

Per the Description of the Restoration Spell, I would instantly restore all missing Hit Points and missing Limbs...to a walking Dead Man on Last Call.

(and no, for those of you who are wondering, a Mega-Juicer's HP/SDC that are lost in the final stages of Last Call CANNOT be regenerated by ANY known means [Rifts: Juicer Uprising, page 38])

Likewise, if I gave the Healing Waters of Chichen Itza to ANY Juicer, I would restore the Hit Points, make impervious to Poison, and (eventually) cause the Target to become a minor MDC Being...provided his body survives that long.

If you spent fifty years not exercising and smoking three packs of Cigarettes a day and developed, say, Lung Cancer, then either Restoration or Chichen Itza Water would most definitely cure you of Cancer, and probably even replace the cancerous Tissue with regular Lung Tissue...but you'd STILL have that flabby, out-of-shape body.

In short, and as a recurring principle in Rifts, Restorative Spells, Potions, and Magicks will most definitely cure poisoning, heal HP/SDC/MDC, and/or restore Missing Limbs......to the Body that you currently have.

Your Itza Water-Pumped up Juicer will become the healthiest Dying Man to have ever existed........

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Dr. Doom III
Knight

After thinking about this I have decided that it would work.

If the juicer got his does per day he would stop aging just as the chick in New West does. However if he missed a does instead of loosing the effects slowly the juicer would lose them very fast and if he was taking the water for a long time one missed does would equal instant death.
This would stop any last call symptoms and in effect put him in a sort of remission.
I also think that it would be sufficient to allow a detox as if the juicer were in first year. All the standard penalties for detox would still apply however.

It's very rare and I don't think it's any kind of abuse.
The guy wants to detox not become an immortal Juicer after all.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

I think it would work and as doom says all the penalties and effects of detox would occur. They would also have to beat the mental addiction if done late especially if they have entered last call,

and cornholio the water from that well is more powerful then the spell of restoration. Those waters will even cure insanities.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Marcethus wrote:I think it would work and as doom says all the penalties and effects of detox would occur. They would also have to beat the mental addiction if done late especially if they have entered last call,

and cornholio the water from that well is more powerful then the spell of restoration. Those waters will even cure insanities.
What Book is that well in BESIDES New West?? Can't seem to find it in either VK or SA1......

*****ADDENDUM*****

Found it. Doesn't cure Insanities, though.......

Makes me want to find other sources of Reference to see if High Powered Curative magicks really CAN stop Last Call.......no Canon reference one way or the other just yet, though........

Dr. Doom III
Knight

cornholioprime wrote:
Marcethus wrote:I think it would work and as doom says all the penalties and effects of detox would occur. They would also have to beat the mental addiction if done late especially if they have entered last call,

What Book is that well in BESIDES New West?? Can't seem to find it in either VK or SA1......

*****ADDENDUM*****

Makes me want to find other sources of Reference to see if High Powered Curative magicks really CAN stop Last Call.......no Canon reference one way or the other just yet, though........

But it can resurrect the dead and give a form of immortality/eternal youth.
-George Orwell
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Dr. Doom III wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

*****ADDENDUM*****

But it can resurrect the dead and give a form of immortality/eternal youth.

Your right there, Doom. as for curing I think they left that opeen to the GM. Which means it does what the GM says...

How typical...
Shades of Eternity
Immortal
Location: formerly edmonton, now residing in my own Delusions.

Unread post by Shades of Eternity »

bah, if you want to spend a few years more as an ass kicking machine, go to atlantis, get detoxed in the bio wizard chambers, and then rebuild yourself with bio-wizard stuff.

Then put the harness back on.

6 more years of butt kicking goodness. 8)
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Dr. Doom III
Knight

Vagrant Storm wrote:Would this water "cure" the juicer? like make him normal again? or just give him another 5-7 years of life?

No.
-George Orwell
Subjugator

Zerebus wrote:
Shades of Eternity wrote:bah, if you want to spend a few years more as an ass kicking machine, go to atlantis, get detoxed in the bio wizard chambers, and then rebuild yourself with bio-wizard stuff.

Rinse and repeat until your character ends up a hideously deformed mutant freak a la transmutation side effects. Then get the Titan Juicer conversion.... :D

You only get side effects if removed too early or if you **** them off. So all you really need to do is be careful about whom you deal with.

Subjugator

wolfe wrote:to stop it at last call you should have to bathe in it..
if it can bring folks wo've been dead up to a week in this way -but there is a condition to that as well-, then it should be able to handle last call..

detoxing earlier than last call as Doom said for drinking it should work..

a high level magic to cure/detox it?

the magic circle of youth -PFRPG Old ones book- should be able to handle it, for detox purposes anyway, should only prolong it otherwise.

but that would be one hell of a once in a lifetime find..

Ultimately, I tend to think Bio-Wizard transformation (new body) is the best way to do it...if you want to stay a juicer that is. I mean, start out as a Maxi-Killer, have the Sploogie master rejuvinate you every four years or so and eventually you'd have a 25th level Maxi-Killer for your assassination squad. Give him/her a few symbiotes and they'd be even more powerful!

Sub

Subjugator

Zerebus wrote:
Subjugator wrote:
Zerebus wrote:
Shades of Eternity wrote:bah, if you want to spend a few years more as an ass kicking machine, go to atlantis, get detoxed in the bio wizard chambers, and then rebuild yourself with bio-wizard stuff.

Rinse and repeat until your character ends up a hideously deformed mutant freak a la transmutation side effects. Then get the Titan Juicer conversion.... :D

You only get side effects if removed too early or if you **** them off. So all you really need to do is be careful about whom you deal with.

I recall that after six uses there is an increasing probability of spontaneous mutation.

I'd never noticed that before, but you're right! That said; in this case, they'd be creating a whole new body, so I'm not sure that it would count as an additional transmutation for that body.

Rex
Wanderer
Comment: I'm back, I guess

Unread post by Rex »

I think it should work. Rifts needs more ideas like that. Epic quests for near mythical artifacts. I like it, for no other reason than that.
Rex, you are one helluva guy.
-Geronimo
never trust a man's post count... that's only an indication of his ability to write a lot of stuff - Svartalf
GP:5D6+502
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Subjugator wrote:You only get side effects if removed too early or if you **** them off. So all you really need to do is be careful about whom you deal with.

Or if they think it would be fun.
The main drawback with deals with the devil.
-George Orwell
Subjugator

Dr. Doom III wrote:
Subjugator wrote:You only get side effects if removed too early or if you **** them off. So all you really need to do is be careful about whom you deal with.

Or if they think it would be fun.
The main drawback with deals with the devil.

Well, with Splynncryth he's not actually evil, just anarchist, but that still leaves him unpredictable, so you're completely right on the overall premise.

Splynn: Wouldn't it be funny if we put a fully formed hand out of his forehead?!

Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

Suppose you were a young juicer, say first few years. You get you some of the well water ( nearly impossiable task as is, but anywho) if you had enough, say a canteen or two full couldn't you effectively become immortal ? It stops the age process, and you only need to drink a tablespoon full a month to amintain your immotallity. hmm..... scary. :badbad:
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!

Return to “Rifts®”