The Vampire questions...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

The Vampire questions...

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Okay it's already clear there no hard and fast rules on vamps...nothing clear anyway.

So since everyone is talking about Rifts being upgraded I was wondering how you'd all do the vampire ideas? as in Biology...and other details the Kingdom's guide does well enough for a map and areas but little on the big bad Blood suckers..(As anyone can clearly see on this forum's Rifts section..

So I dare ask...How would you make the vamps...weakness, strength Psionics, Magic and other basics....?

I noticed a slew of Vamp related threads..

ask here and will have all you VAMP ANSWERS on one VAMP thread..!
(I know that last line sounds cheesy..... :P )
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

He is asking how they should be redone, if they were ever redone.
:fool:
Rimmerdal
Knight

Lots like

What spells actually affect them...

A vampire with more than one heart...or worse who has no Biological heart but is still humanoid

Do you reroll vamp stats or just add bonuses?

Vampire Biology 101

just to name a few...also for those in Camps and just need GM advice on vamps..that sort of thing..

and Vamp Kingdoms missed few features that SHOULD have been covered..But I can say I might have over looked vamp bioolgy too, so I can forgive.
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

eric.cline wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:Lots like

A vampire with more than one heart...or worse who has no Biological heart but is still humanoid

Vampire Biology 101

just to name a few...also for those in Camps and just need GM advice on vamps..that sort of thing..

and Vamp Kingdoms missed few features that SHOULD have been covered..But I can say I might have over looked vamp bioolgy too, so I can forgive.

If a GM is introducing a non-human vampire type into a campaign, then it would be up to them to determine how it would effect the vampire's stats; if it actually would, since standard human vampires have little in common with their mortal counterparts except for general appearance.
Yep.
:fool:
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Make them more like the vamps from the original Palladium FRPG. The Giovanni I think the family was. Now that was a cool adventure and one where you hoped the family wasn't home.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Rex
Wanderer
Comment: I'm back, I guess

Unread post by Rex »

I thought in Splynn it said you totally reroll stats, regardless of race. Sorry I don't have the page number, my books are on the other side of the planet.
Rex, you are one helluva guy.
-Geronimo
never trust a man's post count... that's only an indication of his ability to write a lot of stuff - Svartalf
GP:5D6+502
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Vampire Biology 101

Why do you even need that information from KS?

It's Palladium's/KS's Job to tell you that Vampires are killed by Sunlight, Running Water, etc., and repulsed by Crosses, Garlic, etc.....NOT to tell you about what makes up a Vampire's Innards, nor to tell you at each and every new Book if Spell "Summon Greater Garlic Elemental," from World Book 35, combined wth "Carpet of Adhesion," and "Dessicate the Supernatural," stops a Faerie Vampire Gunslinger in Mist Form from teleporting into an Environmentally sealed Vehicle.

You've got the basic Stats, the basic Powers, and the basic Vulnerabilities of the Vampire from KS. He doesn't have the time to constantly create/answer FAQs on EVERY possible permutation that we can think up (and he shouldn't even if he DID have the time), nor will he really mind if you use your own cabesa to figure out a given Solution to a Given Situation.

That's what that advice to change whatever suits you as GMs/Players is all about.......and a good part of what these Forums are for....

BTW, KS tells you on page 13 of Rifts: Vampire Kingdoms that you re-roll the Character's Attributes, leave only "....a handful of Skills," and change its Alignment if (s)he becomes a Vampire....
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

I've never understood why people seem to think that there is "missing" information about non-human vampires, when Vampire Kingdoms clearly states that all vampires, human and non-human, have the same stats.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Jason Richards wrote:I've never understood why people seem to think that there is "missing" information about non-human vampires, when Vampire Kingdoms clearly states that all vampires, human and non-human, have the same stats.
Yup.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Vampires

Kestrel wrote:Try to find new ideas for the basic Rifts or Palladium vampire (the sample was Gersidi. Giovanni is a bloodline from WW).

If your creativity is tapped, it is time to pull all the stops and reverse positions. If you feel that PCs can hunt vampires down too efficiently, run a session where players have vampire PCs and observe how they overcome similar difficulties. If nothing else, a change of pace is nice every so often.

Ah yes excuse the error. The Gersidi, I don't have the book...anymore and remembered it started with a 'g' and for some reason Giovanni popped into my head, guess I know why now.

As I recall though the Gersidi were only affected by holy water NOT running water.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

cornholioprime wrote:

Vampire Biology 101

Why do you even need that information from KS?

It's Palladium's/KS's Job to tell you that Vampires are killed by Sunlight, Running Water, etc., and repulsed by Crosses, Garlic, etc.....NOT to tell you about what makes up a Vampire's Innards, nor to tell you at each and every new Book if Spell "Summon Greater Garlic Elemental," from World Book 35, combined wth "Carpet of Adhesion," and "Dessicate the Supernatural," stops a Faerie Vampire Gunslinger in Mist Form from teleporting into an Environmentally sealed Vehicle.

You've got the basic Stats, the basic Powers, and the basic Vulnerabilities of the Vampire from KS. He doesn't have the time to constantly create/answer FAQs on EVERY possible permutation that we can think up (and he shouldn't even if he DID have the time), nor will he really mind if you use your own cabesa to figure out a given Solution to a Given Situation.

That's what that advice to change whatever suits you as GMs/Players is all about.......and a good part of what these Forums are for....

BTW, KS tells you on page 13 of Rifts: Vampire Kingdoms that you re-roll the Character's Attributes, leave only "....a handful of Skills," and change its Alignment if (s)he becomes a Vampire....
:thwak: just had to bring up the Teleport into an environmentally sealed vehicle...didn't you. Hey on one of your brain benders you should do a custom poll selection for you. "I am Cornholioprime, I like digging up burried vampire parts to see if they'll come back to life...and often find out it wasn't a vampire." If your confused it's a comment on how you so like digging up dead topics.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Zer0 Kay wrote::thwak: just had to bring up the Teleport into an environmentally sealed vehicle...didn't you. Hey on one of your brain benders you should do a custom poll selection for you. "I am Cornholioprime, I like digging up burried vampire parts to see if they'll come back to life...and often find out it wasn't a vampire." If your confused it's a comment on how you so like digging up dead topics.
Fair Enough. Will do.

BTW, I'm almost Finished with my Riddle/Poem for one of the best BrainBenders ever!!!

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

eric.cline wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote::thwak: just had to bring up the Teleport into an environmentally sealed vehicle...didn't you. Hey on one of your brain benders you should do a custom poll selection for you. "I am Cornholioprime, I like digging up burried vampire parts to see if they'll come back to life...and often find out it wasn't a vampire." If your confused it's a comment on how you so like digging up dead topics.
Fair Enough. Will do.

BTW, I'm almost Finished with my Riddle/Poem for one of the best BrainBenders ever!!!

:eek: Noooo! :eek:
YESSSSSS!!!!!!

:demon: :demon: :demon: :demon:

Rimmerdal
Knight

I was thinking of more less things like...

Do Vampires grow hair?

Do vampires need shave (men and women) ?

Will regeneration restore hair to stat it was at the time of the bite?

and how does a Vamp wash his hair? Johnson and Johnson for vampires or cut of the dirty parts with silver scissors?

That kind of things tht might make vampire more complete..
Rimmerdal
Knight

There ya go people that is the kind of forward thinking I was aiming for...

Return to “Rifts®”