how long will prosek stay in power?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

I don't think he would. He should still be kicking around for a while (barring assinations) and IIRC he does not care at all for cyborgs/juicers (it took some convincing to get him to include borgs in the army). Besides I think he would be content to know that his son would continue on and build what he started.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Prosek is too into the "pure" humanity. He dithetred for years about adding Juicers and Cyborgs to his military forces. He won't tinker with himself.

Prosek however has revealed himself to his people as flawed in the debacle that was the war with Free Quebec. This sows the seeds that may eventually bloom into a coup or revolution for Prosek or his son.

One thing I see as a likely scenario is 5 to 10 years in the future, Joeseph II will announce to the people that his father is gravely ill and is now in a coma. Joseph will step in as an emergency measure until his father can recover or his father's eventual passing.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: how long will prosek stay in power?

Unread post by cornholioprime »

CS Special Forces wrote:when the mightey emperor dies he will no doubt give all power to his son. well i was thinking,considering proseks ego do you think that prosek wil have a borg body waiting for him? i mean ,prosek seems to me the kind of person that woulgnt let something petty as death cut short his reign. what would his son think? does he know, would he let his son know? im thinking about making it a storyline somtime,what do you all think?
Somehow, in the Coalition States, I just don't see Joe Average, and especially not the Emperor, resorting to Full Conversion 'Borgs. Even such Creations as those just aren't "pure" enough, in my view, to the average Coalition Citizen.

Let's put it another way: Based purely on Cultural and Societal mores, I'd expect Joe Average in the Warlords' Spheres of Influence, and in the New German Republic, to take up FC-Borgs as a matter of course. Like Palladium Dwarves and Magic, however, I simply don't expect a "Borg Emperor, even one with perfectly recreated Human Features, to "fly" in the CS.

***ADDENDUM***

Rifts Main Book, page 47: Apparently KS agrees with me; he says that Full-Conversion is apparently a long way from widespread acceptance in the CS.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

No, I still don't see Prosek 'borging out at all. I think the idea of cyborgs bothers him on a personal level. If it didn't, he would not have hesitated so long on allowing cyborgs to become a notable part of the CS military (and even then they are small, special forces basically).

Now I can see him allowing artificial parts to be installed to prolong his lifespan, but I can't see anything more than bio-systems or medical cybernetics. Definitely no bionics and no augumentation.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Far more likely is that he will have a clone body made for him and his brain/intellignce transferred in to it.

This is not as far fetched as it sounds technologicly speaking. Considering all the incredibly advanced genetic technology at the Tex-Am complex(Lonestar) it would seem likely. If Prosek is willing to use treatments to extend his life well beyond normal human standards, he might also consider such a means to extend his life. After all is not the clone "him"? It IS his body, just waiting for his greatness to fill it.

Just something I thought I would add since it seems the question deals more with Prosek extending his life thru extra-oridinary means and not Borgs in specific.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Warrior_Monk wrote:What up Toc Rat!

I think you hit the main point of the question, about Prosek extending his life, but think of this:

He is all about human supremacy right, of course. It took a lot of time for "augmented" humans to be somewhat excepted. Might he really be thinking of lowering himself to that? I don't know.

He is sort of an unrelated question:

Who foresaw the Coalition war books?
Can you who did foresee them, foresee any books that will give Canon to the death or the augmentation of Prosek?
Unless assassinated, 40-100 Years (the amount of time "Imp" Prosek can live with current CS Bio-Tech) is WAY too long a time for Palladium Books to continue the...er...uh..Continuity of the CS/Rifts Earth Storyline.....
Last edited by cornholioprime on Sat May 07, 2005 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Warrior_Monk wrote:What up Toc Rat!

I think you hit the main point of the question, about Prosek extending his life, but think of this:

Nice to know someone reads what I write :)
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Re: how long will prosek stay in power?

Unread post by Zenvis »

CS Special Forces wrote:when the mightey emperor dies he will no doubt give all power to his son. well i was thinking,considering proseks ego do you think that prosek wil have a borg body waiting for him? i mean ,prosek seems to me the kind of person that woulgnt let something petty as death cut short his reign. what would his son think? does he know, would he let his son know? im thinking about making it a storyline somtime,what do you all think?

In the event of the death of the Emperor, I think that there will be a rift of sorts between his choice generals and his heir. Kind of a Ivon the Terrible thing where young Joseph will have to kill a few choice generals to make a point.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Rex
Wanderer
Comment: I'm back, I guess

Unread post by Rex »

I WANT A COALITITON SENATE!!!

Sorry, not sure where that came from. Anyways, I think Old Carl is going to have to go out sometime. Probably not anytime soon, but since North America seems to be a soap opera of sorts the plot point will have to come up eventually.

Maybe, the story of Rifts is really about Carl Prosek's reign, and when he dies the story will be over. :-P
Rex, you are one helluva guy.
-Geronimo
never trust a man's post count... that's only an indication of his ability to write a lot of stuff - Svartalf
GP:5D6+502
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

lone star page 69 (dude) wrote:...life expectancy was 200... approaching 200 looked to be in his sixties. More importantly, the mind stayed clear and sharp and vibrant till the end... this technology has been in the possession of the CS ... for 30 years... The emperor has reserved its use for himself and his most trusted, elite heads of government, including but not limited to, General cabot (currently 83, looks 63 and has the vitality of a man half his age. He could live and serve the CS for another 50 years, AS COULD THE EMPEROR). General Ross Baggins...er...Underhill, General Charls Reed Baxter, General Loni Kashbrook, General Thomas Lopez, and General Apollo Cucitonis, as well as Karl Prosek's wife (who thinks she is taking special vitamins) and Dr Desmond Bradford. Of Course, Joseph II will be eligible for (and knows of) this life extending treatment but it's not generally necessarry until a person is in his late 50s.

I think that clears it up. Apologies for adding a bit extra in the quote, and the italics are mine.

Karl isn't going anywhere in a hurry. Of course, someone as ambitious and intelligent as Joseph II may arrange something, but then again, as I've said many times before, Joseph II would be a far more dangerous emperor to anyone not CS than his old man, although I'd say that he'd also revolutionise the CS as well (he's more flexible than his dad in many policies as well)..

I wouldn't mind seeing Joseph II in the top job. It would make things interesting.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Man I would love to see that.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

I seem to recall that there was a thread a few months back that dealt with just that. I'm sure it's still around here somewhere...

Return to “Rifts®”