The best of the best

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The best character

Man in arms
23%
Rogues/scholars
12%
Men of magic
31%
RCC's
35%

Total votes: 26

Unread post by Guest »

You forgot psychics.

Unread post by Guest »

Illithid13 wrote:wouldn't they technically fall under RCCs?
Nope. Several of them aren't RCCs at all.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

DaRkMaGe_720 wrote:I threw in an 'other' catagory but it didn't regester just put em under RCC's unless someone knows how to edit a poll?

Unfortunately you can't edit polls once they are up, so you're stuck with any mistakes you made. (as I've found out the hard way. :oops: )
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

In answer to your question, it kind of depends on what you want to do with the character, but rogue scholar is my favorite all around OCC. Lots of skills and very few restrictions on what they can take makes for a very flexible Character class.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Mudang
Adventurer
Comment: life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

Unread post by Mudang »

Alien Intelligence is an RCC. I voted RCC.
Mudang
Adventurer
Comment: life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

Unread post by Mudang »

DaRkMaGe_720 wrote:You played as an alien Inteligence?! That's kind of unbalancing don't ya think?

No, of course not. Your original post asks which group is the "best", and you made no stipulations. So I chose RCC because the various supernatural entities would fit into that category.

If you had asked which class that we found more interesting or that we like more, then I would've likely said an OCC along the lines of a fighter/mage like a smoker, mystic knight, or temporal warrior.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

DaRkMaGe_720 wrote:I threw in an 'other' catagory but it didn't regester just put em under RCC's unless someone knows how to edit a poll?

You have to hit the "Add Option" button after typing your last entry (as in your adding what you just typed). There should always be a blank option at the end.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

As for the question, I'm partial to either psychics or those with other natural abilities. Maybe it's a little munchkin of me, but I always like having an ace in the hole that can't be taken from me.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

None of the above.

Temporal Warriors.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

R.C.C. - Dragons :D.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

DaRkMaGe_720 wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't of been able to have 4 options if I didn't see that. Just for some reason is didn't process my 'other' option. Probably a screw up on my part.

you need to add another blank option after "other".
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Rex
Wanderer
Comment: I'm back, I guess

Unread post by Rex »

Dr. Doom v.3.0.1 wrote:None of the above.

Temporal Warriors.

Gotta agree with my former boss.

God I love those things.

That reminds me, I have to finish making my PC for Rifts:Hades.
Rex, you are one helluva guy.
-Geronimo
never trust a man's post count... that's only an indication of his ability to write a lot of stuff - Svartalf
GP:5D6+502
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

get up to 1000 pages at 15 responses per page and then talk to me about contraversial... :D
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Dr. Doom v.3.0.1 wrote:None of the above.

Temporal Warriors.

Yep I agree
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
traumabunny

Unread post by traumabunny »

Men Of Magic.
I love my Fed. of Magic sourcebook. It helped create My favorite character Scrivo Harlock a Battle Magus who kicked Major Arse. Line walkers are also very cool. Powerful and interesting, they allow you to go both ways roleplaying or powergaming.
YAY :-o

Return to “Rifts®”