What counrty do you want to get a World book?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What counrty do you want to get a World book?

Unread post by gaby »

Tell me What counrty do you want to get a World book and Why?

I think India have potential.
I say the Coast of india are Where the Majorty of Demons are,the inland is where Humans and D-Bees are in Control.

How do you see Rifts India?
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

Lazlo.

Because, I mean, really, after a 15 year wait, it is the time.
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: What counrty do you want to get a World book?

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

gaby wrote:Tell me What counrty do you want to get a World book and Why?

I say the Coast of india are Where the Majorty of Demons are,the inland is where Humans and D-Bees are in Control.

Heck NO!
Enough frickin' worldbooks already!! :x
Rifts needs more sourcebooks, dimensionbooks, and other supplements... not more books about places that nobody in North America can even get to.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
RainOfSteel
Champion

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Heck NO!
Rifts needs more sourcebooks, dimensionbooks, and other supplements... not more books about places that nobody in North America can even get to.

India would represent some very interesting material, but except as another exotic locale with which to stage an entire campaign, or under a once in a lifetime exceptional circumstance granted by the GM, it would be of little use to NA-centric games.

I would say that most dimension books are not really that high on my list.

NA-worldbooks, equipment guides (with lots of illustrations), advanced optional rules compendiums, advanced alternate rules compendiums, monster books (more, more!), etc. These are the things I'd like to see.
Last edited by RainOfSteel on Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

I do believe everyone knows my thoughts on this matter....
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

CyCo wrote:I do believe everyone knows my thoughts on this matter....

What?
Oh.. you sig... Now I get it.

You want a Space Monkey Mafia book...

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Yeah, it's got that ring to it....

Space Monkey Mafia innn Spaaaace!!!
Eureka!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

I'm gonna have to side with killer cyborg on this one.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Heck NO!

Amazing as this seems, I agree with KC. Enough of "Rifts-Antartica and other places you don't care about!" :x

Give us full, good and believable details on the places only touched on in the main book. Lazlo, New Lazlo, Chi-Town, etc.
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat: :frust:

RainOfSteel wrote:
An excellent insight that hits the nail on the head with a rune-hammer.

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:

Unread post by Guest »

It's simple. If you don't want any of the other books, then don't purchase them (refereing to KC). I'd like to see something with Korea. And India would also be interesting. Does anyone know what happened to the Hawaiian islands?
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Res Sin Kai wrote:It's simple. If you don't want any of the other books, then don't purchase them (refereing to KC). I'd like to see something with Korea. And India would also be interesting. Does anyone know what happened to the Hawaiian islands?

Pretty sure in the main book it said they sank due to the rise in ocean levels :(

Naturally as having been born there I was saddend by that. Then I decided to change that for my Rifts world. Being the GM I have that kind of power. :D

My in game justifaction for this was the Hawaiian Pathenon. Distressingly under represented in the Patheons book,(no doubt a oversight) I rectified the matter. ;)
The Hawaiian Goddess of Lava and Fire, Pele, saved the islands from destrcution. As the waves from the rising seas threatend to over run her home(Mount Kilauea) and that of her people, she used her powers to create more land(lava following in to the sea) to push back the waters. This enraged her sister, Na-maka-o-kaha'i, Goddess of water and the Ocean, who had seen the coming of the Rifts and rising of the oceans as her chance to finally get back at Pele for seducing her husband so long ago.

RainOfSteel wrote:

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

RainOfSteel wrote:I would say that most dimension books are not really that high on my list.

NA-worldbooks, equipment guides (with lots of illustrations), advanced optional rules compendiums, advanced alternate rules compendiums, monster books (more, more!), etc. These are the things I'd like to see.

:ok:

I second the illustration suggestion. I really like the art work of Long, Breaux(miss spelled) and even some of Perez's work.

RainOfSteel wrote:

Unread post by Guest »

Toc Rat wrote:Pretty sure in the main book it said they sank due to the rise in ocean levels :(

That is sad indeed. I like your ideas though. Hawaii has a rich and interesting history, and would have made an interesting book.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Res Sin Kai wrote:It's simple. If you don't want any of the other books, then don't purchase them (refereing to KC).

I don't, I haven't, and I'm STILL waiting for a Chi-town book after 15 years.

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Res Sin Kai wrote:
Toc Rat wrote:Pretty sure in the main book it said they sank due to the rise in ocean levels :(

That is sad indeed. I like your ideas though. Hawaii has a rich and interesting history, and would have made an interesting book.

Don't worry about it.
Japan was also supposed to have been destroyed, and that didn't keep them from making a Rifts book on it.

Phadeout
Explorer

Unread post by Phadeout »

Sourcebooks on Older books (NGR, Africa)
Sourcebooks on N.A. (Lazlo, Calgary)
A Monstrous Manual (one that isn't full of Alien Intelligences or Demons! Just things like the Grig Leapers, Dinosaurs, and all the monsters from other books, and lots of new monsters... the First Conversion book was good, Dark Conversions not so much)... No more Conversion books, just a
"D-Bee and Monster book"
Phadeout

"Are you classified as human?"
"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Res Sin Kai wrote:

Don't worry about it.
Japan was also supposed to have been destroyed, and that didn't keep them from making a Rifts book on it.

Anyone remember my "Is there continunity in Rifts?" thread from a little bit ago?

RainOfSteel wrote:

Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Phadeout wrote:Sourcebooks on Older books (NGR, Africa)
Sourcebooks on N.A. (Lazlo, Calgary)
A Monstrous Manual (one that isn't full of Alien Intelligences or Demons! Just things like the Grig Leapers, Dinosaurs, and all the monsters from other books, and lots of new monsters... the First Conversion book was good, Dark Conversions not so much)... No more Conversion books, just a
"D-Bee and Monster book"

I like the idea of a having one book to look thru for all the monsters, animals, demons(non playable types). It would go well with the GMG and BoM.

RainOfSteel wrote:

Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

India, Antartica and Africa.

Africa had a world book?
Liar.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

mallak wrote:Hey Toc Rat like your idea for a Hawaiian Rifts.. you should write it all up for a rifter submission.. heck you could probly do several.

Thanks for the vote of confidence :) Maybe I could, not sure how to do a Rifter submission though. Maybe reading the link on how to do that would help huh? :lol:

RainOfSteel wrote:

Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Rifts: Hawaii, after the raise of water level has gotten to it.... *gloop gloop gloop gloop*

I find it amusing that although Hawaii is WAAAAAY out in the pacific, because it's a US state the americans on the board think it would make a cool world book, but would equally viciously reject out of hand a 'Rifts: Tonga', 'Rifts: Midway Island', 'Rifts: Tahiti', 'Rifts: Solomons' , or 'Rifts: Fiji' because they 'aren't in north america so why should we care about it?'

It's called a world book. That means the whole world. Not like 'world' series baseball where only the US competes. Kevin is looking to cover the globe. Why not let him?

The Indian sub-continent remains untouched and has a massive variety of legends and lore to draw from. Continuing south you have the malaysian peninsuala (could possibly be done in one book), following on to that Indonesia and its surrounding islands (another world book, but a pretty big one with everything that's there. This would include the crater from the super-volcano that Krakatoa is only a vent of). Down from there we have New Guinea, and finally Australia.

Oh, and there's that other country to the east that is some sort of hellhole seething with sheep-loving evil demonic entities intent upon the invasion of Australia.. what's it called again... New Zealand... (only Aussies and our freindly tasman rivals will get this joke). In fact, a Rifts NZ would be interesting. They share the polynesian culture and languages with a very strong 'warriorhood' bond.

As for which books would I like to see? Well, I've been campaigning as long as Cyco for Australia II and III. They're written, they're edited, they just need printing.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

I'm not saying I want a world book Hawaii. A Rifter arcticle perhaps but a world book? No, I want that as much as I want a book on midway, yet another china book or anywhere else until they finish north america!

Can we please please finish what started rifts in the first place before moving on? I think 15 years for a Lazlo book is far too long.

And before it starts, NO, I am not saying that because I am an american, live in north america or any other such reason. I(and others) have said that because the main book focuses on North America. The primary antagonists of the game, the CS, are in North America. The first "classic" heroes, the Cyber-Knights, are from North America. Lazlo...in North America, the Federation of Magic...North America, Archie 3...North America again. Let us please finish one continent before moving on to others. That is all we are saying. Its been many years and over 20 world books later and still nothing for what started it all.

RainOfSteel wrote:

Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Heck NO!

There is a very simple solution to the characters not being able to get somewhere. Start the character in another area of the world.

As for me rifts lemuria or some other underwater rifts book. And a book on lazlo or redo england or africa. I really just wish they didn't do so many cliches like cowboys, indians, samarai, ninjas, etc.......minmizing the cliches would have the made the books better I think.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Larsen wrote:
As for me rifts lemuria or some other underwater rifts book. And a book on lazlo or redo england or africa. I really just wish they didn't do so many cliches like cowboys, indians, samarai, ninjas, etc.......minmizing the cliches would have the made the books better I think.

I agree that after North America, I would like to see another Underseas book. I want more details on the New Navy, their fight to keep the oceans(world) safe. Info on Lemuria. How is Triax doing in their war against the Gargolyes/Brodkil? Did the attack by sea plan work out for them? Has it even happened yet?

A little less cliches might have been ok. Certainly in the case of england with that rather weak excuse for King Arthur and Camelot. Something more like the Jerry B. movie done Rifts style would have been far more interesting and believable I think.

RainOfSteel wrote:

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Larsen wrote:There is a very simple solution to the characters not being able to get somewhere. Start the character in another area of the world.

True.
It just doesn't do an ongoing campaign much good.

I agree that there are WAY too many cliches.
This is another reason why I am against more sourcebooks. Do we really need to know about Mega-damage Curry in India? The Mega-damage Thugees?
Nope.

Unread post by Guest »

Killer Cyborg wrote:I agree that there are WAY too many cliches.
This is another reason why I am against more sourcebooks. Do we really need to know about Mega-damage Curry in India? The Mega-damage Thugees?
Nope.

Sure we do, gotta get decent stats on Mega-Damage Rumals to replace the Vibro-Garrotes that can't cut the mustard. :lol:
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:
Nope.

Sure we do, gotta get decent stats on Mega-Damage Rumals to replace the Vibro-Garrotes that can't cut the mustard. :lol:

Mega-Damage mustard? :-? :)
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell

Unread post by Guest »

Dr. Doom v.3.1.1 wrote:
Kuseru Satsujin wrote:
Nope.

Mega-Damage mustard? :-? :)

That would be good too. Along with Mega-Damage Peppers and Mega-Damage Hot Sauce.
RainOfSteel
Champion

I personally think that an India or Korea Worldbook would be a great idea (and any such work had better not have MD Curry, or anything similar). Heck, Rifts: South Pacific (covering Melanesia, Micronesia, and Polynesia (see: Rough Map), would also be a great idea.

However, from a sales perspective, a Lazlo or Chi-Town book would work for Palladium far better.

From the perspective of the game's initial setting, they would seem to be long overdue, as well . . . <bump/screech!> long overdue, as well . . . <bump/screech!> long overdue, as well . . .

Oh, was I in broken record mode? Nah . . .
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

These are in the order I would like to see them released.

1. Chi-Town.
2. Chi-Town.
3. Chi-Town.

Oh yea, did I mention freaking Chi-Town?
:fool:
RainOfSteel
Champion

Atramentus wrote:Korea, nope, enemy of the US, the audience will hate it. Same story Vietnam.

Half of Korea is not an enemy of the US.

Atramentus wrote:Besides, they're all stereotypically kungfu/karate/chop-socky so why do they need books when there's going to be 3 for China and we already have Japan.

They are? All of them are stereotypes? Really?

Atramentus wrote:India, nope, too weird on the mystical side and they steal US jobs, the audience will hate it.

India is weird? I've never thought so.

The comment about job-theft is an invitation to a political debate about why jobs are really going there (and India isn't "stealing" jobs, the US is "throwing them away").

Atramentus wrote:Why do you think Mexico got vamped?

I don't know . . . after all, it's only explained in the opening pages of the book.

Atramentus wrote:We know no Middle East, [...]

Insert [...] Island Chain [...] small to be important, the audience will hate it.

Short of those [...] There could be another one or two European books [...] and maybe a general non-England gloss over of the other countries

Well, that's it, I guess, Rift's Earth is done outside NA; no wonder PB is so reluctant to release more NA material, if they finish it off, too, there won't be anything else left but more dimension books.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Comrade Corsarius wrote:Oh, and there's that other country to the east that is some sort of hellhole seething with sheep-loving evil demonic entities intent upon the invasion of Australia.. what's it called again... New Zealand... (only Aussies and our freindly tasman rivals will get this joke). In fact, a Rifts NZ would be interesting. They share the polynesian culture and languages with a very strong 'warriorhood' bond.

What, a book about the knee pad wearing primitives from the Land of the Wrong White Crowd? Well, I guess we better let them have some of the fun, sometimes.... ;)

Comrade Corsarius wrote:As for which books would I like to see? Well, I've been campaigning as long as Cyco for Australia II and III. They're written, they're edited, they just need printing.

Preach it Brother Cors. Tell it like it is!

8]
Eureka!
Scooter the Outlaw
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Scooter the Outlaw »

CyCo wrote:
Comrade Corsarius wrote:As for which books would I like to see? Well, I've been campaigning as long as Cyco for Australia II and III. They're written, they're edited, they just need printing.

Preach it Brother Cors. Tell it like it is!

8]

Second this motion... with a vengance.

Australia was, I think, the best Rifts Worldbook to date. But I want to finish the setting, and without those books, I can't do it without working really hard myself. It's been too long since Australia came out without it's repeatedly referenced companions that don't exist...

Otherwise, I agree with the idea Palladium should finish what they started. Lemuria, Lazlo, Chi-Town, and Iron Heart. Let's see them, boys.
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

Scooter the Outlaw wrote: [...] Otherwise, I agree with the idea Palladium should finish what they started. Lemuria, Lazlo, Chi-Town, and Iron Heart. Let's see them, boys.

Agreed. :ok:

Jesterzzn wrote:These are in the order I would like to see them released.

1. Chi-Town.
2. Chi-Town.
3. Chi-Town.

Oh yea, did I mention freaking Chi-Town?

Agreed. :D
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Res Sin Kai wrote:It's simple. If you don't want any of the other books, then don't purchase them (refereing to KC). I'd like to see something with Korea. And India would also be interesting. Does anyone know what happened to the Hawaiian islands?

No. It's not simple. As KC pointed out, he's been waitingf for a Chi-Town book for 15+ years. Other World Books take the place of books we would like to see.

If Rifts India delays Chi-Town, or Lazlo (which are very over due) then it's isn't simply a matter of me not buying them, is it?
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unfortunately I expect the "long awaited" books will never live up to peoples expectations.
They have just taken too long.

Deserved (like China) or undeserved most people will hate them for not living up to their high expectation which Palladium has let built so long they have reached mountainous proportions.

Now a new out of the blue world book has no such problem.
-George Orwell
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Dr. Doom v.3.1.1 wrote:Unfortunately I expect the "long awaited" books will never live up to peoples expectations.

Deserved (like China) or undeserved most people will hate them for not living up to their high expectation which Palladium has let built so long they have reached mountainous proportions.

Now a new out of the blue world book has no such problem.

Yeah, but that's no reason to NEVER do said Worldbook...
Greg Diaczyk
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Official "Wayne Smith Clone"

Unread post by Greg Diaczyk »

I simply think they should finish what they started.

World books describe the world in which the game is played. I've had some campaigns that have used a handful of books, other have used almost every world book in the course of the adventure. So I would really like to have a collection of world books that provide a pretty good if not rough picture of how things generally are. Thus far Palladium has done a wonderful job at this, and I know it's taken them 15 years to write the 26 current world books (remarkable considering everything that happed with them). I'd like to see a continuation of this finish of or describe the basics of certain regions so that GM's can extrapolate and fill in the blanks.

North America has a very good "general" coverage - Canada, Mexico, Native Americans, Magic Zone, New West, Coalitions States, Tolkeen, and I'd even say a really good start and detailed coverage of most of the continent.

Europe & Asia has Britain, NGR, Russia, China and Japan. But some key detail elements are missing from here.

Middle East I don't think Palladium is even going to touch this one with a ten foot pole. Though it would be nice to see a Neo-Persian Empire, with Arabian Knights, Jinn (Genies) and such.

India Now this one is even more disappointing. In Pantheons they went full out on the gods of India, even alluding to a number or things going on here, but have completely left this out. I suppose once could extrapolate and come up with your own material based on the info in Pantheons (a Religious based culture, primitive yet relies heavily on deity protection and interaction to survive).

Pacific Rim I can buy that most if not all of this area has been submerged with the rising of sea levels. Undersea kind of touched on this area a little, but there is plenty of stuff to cover (Lemuria, lost relics, military bases etc. that have been submerged and taken over by d-bees).

Australia A great start, but we've been left hanging for book 2! Finish it will ya! I know legend has it that Australia 3: Dreamtime was cancelled, ok... I can almost live with that as long as Australia 2 touched on this mythical plane/dimension as part of the Aboriginals section in that book.

Antarctica I know a manuscript has been submitted. Whether or not it was good enough for publication, only Kevin really knows. Some of you will say Antarctica that's just Ice and Penguins! True, but they have found vast tropical jungles frozen beneath the ice. I think it's a great place for a dimensional anomaly that forced back the ice long enough to support life just after the Atlantean experiment, as magic died so did the anomaly in a mini catastrophic event. Now with the magical energy back it can be a lush D-Bee jungle or something guard by a ring of ice or something... I don't know, just give us something so we know what's going on that continent

South America Really well covered, though some would say munkinised, I think allot of the material there has some potential RPing aspects.

Africa good start, but the whole focus of the current book was on the Four Horseman, The Phoenix Empire barely had any coverage and I was really disappointed they didn't do more with the super nexus/pyramids and Giza.

Missing Details:
Since North America is where things are at and they've been alluding to allot of stuff here they really do need to get a couple of things out. Also certain world books have promised more info on other regions that sounded really cool and really need to be finished.

Lazlo A Techno-Wizards paradise? They have got to have something that will protect them from annihilation by the CS....

Chi-Town and Iron Heart I'd be happy with a good book on Chi-Town, adventures security protocols, a typical life of the average citizen etc. Iron Heart is essentially the CS's last "Canadian" City. Though lower tech than Chi-Town it really needs some more detail

Northern Gun/Manistique Imperium This place needs more detail, though I think it would work well as another Merc Book (or is it already part of the new Merc books that have just been released?)

Calgary Rifts Kingdom This needs to be bad, a plague upon Canada. But there also needs to be hope, something that keeps this kingdom in check and from taking over all of North America...

China 3 Another book that's going (or gone) MIA...? I know Eric is really busy in China, but we really, really want this book if not only for the Chinese Magic, Dragons and Immortals but hopeful to cover the unmentioned areas on the map of China like the Hermit Kingdom (i.e. Korea), Free Yunan and the Dragonlands. A second God's & Myths book on Japan is something that can wait, we have enough megalomaniacs meddling in mortal affairs thank you. What we need is people (or d-bee) driven plots and stories.

Africa This place had so much potential, Kevin even said so in the intro of the book. But all we got essentially was the Four Horseman meta plot. This area needs a deeper look into Egypt/Phoenix Empire as well as something else in the lower end of the continued - say a Zulu nation (rumors persist there was going to be a book here...?) or an Afrikaans High tech society like the NGR in South Africa would be really cool. Same tech level as the CS or NGR, but needs something of a twist to make it different and not just "another" tech Mega-City.
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"
Palladium Freelance Writer and Editor

RainOfSteel
Champion

Dr. Doom v.3.1.1 wrote:Unfortunately I expect the "long awaited" books will never live up to peoples expectations.

I think, maybe . . . well, it just occurred to me . . . that only Kevin will write Lazlo or Chi-Town, etc.

With his copious spare time in recent days, I'm now sure they'll appear on the shelves any day now.

<We now return you to your regularly scheduled delusion. />

Unread post by Guest »

I've seen the Antarctica "book" a few years ago (friend had a computer printed copy, unsure where he got it from) and have even spoken to the one who wrote it. I thought the work was interesting, if anything. Many of the weapons were to say the least pretty powerful. It would need a lot of revising, editting, and omitting before it could be seriously considered for Palladium publication.

I'd like to see China 3 (which was supposed to come out this spring..?). And knowing the pace that China 2 came out (months and months in delay), i've found that indeed that it is lacking in many areas. Not in context, but rather as some of the information is not there.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Which Antartica book are you talking about? Liams, which I believe he turned into a netbook which everyone raved about, or the manuscript that BCL submitted??
Eureka!
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

First and most
Rifts : Australia II & III...!!

Chi-Town, Lazlo, India, Antarctic/Arctic Circles

Africa needs a couple books doing up the southern 80%.
Antarctic could be used to link the Southern World books South America, lower Africa and Australia. Then add South Pacifca Islands to Undersea.
Arctic Circle links up and to Russia, Canada and throw in Scandinavia area.

But not really a World book but a Worldlink Book that provides ways for travelling around the world. Not just hints in different books.

You can add a series of Books on Rifts: Solar System.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

The Middle East and the poles. Maybe finish what they freaking started for Alaska.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

abtex wrote:First and most
Rifts : Australia II & III...!!

Chi-Town, Lazlo, India, Antarctic/Arctic Circles

Africa needs a couple books doing up the southern 80%.
Antarctic could be used to link the Southern World books South America, lower Africa and Australia. Then add South Pacifca Islands to Undersea.
Arctic Circle links up and to Russia, Canada and throw in Scandinavia area.

But not really a World book but a Worldlink Book that provides ways for travelling around the world. Not just hints in different books.

You can add a series of Books on Rifts: Solar System.

So according to that AK is wither part of Russia or Canada in your book eh?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

if not said before Indian Subcontinent and Mideast, Lazlo, Rifst COnversion Book 3: Dimensions (or something along these lines) is also desperately needed, or put some of the Megaversal Builder Stuff in Ultimate Rifts. while such a book is attempted

with the CS burb books, the important part of chi-town has been covered to an extent.

Lazlo needs about three books to do it any type of justice in the first attempt to release books on it, but at least one needs to be done on Lazlo
Last edited by DBX on Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Alaska? Where is info on Alaska? I'm guessing it's in Canada.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

All I ask for in a Lazlo book is do NOT repeat the mistake of the SoT series. I don't want a book on a city that has been 15 years in coming only to see it laid waste in the same book! :x

RainOfSteel wrote:

RainOfSteel
Champion

Toc Rat wrote:All I ask for in a Lazlo book is do NOT repeat the mistake of the SoT series. I don't want a book on a city that has been 15 years in coming only to see it laid waste in the same book! :x

Well, all the material on Tolkeen is really quite useful, as long as you simply note that the CS didn't attack or didn't attack successfully after losing 1 million troops, or better than 10% of it's entire population.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Galactus Kid wrote:Alaska? Where is info on Alaska? I'm guessing it's in Canada.

Might be but there is a small blurb in one of the west books because there is a icelocked submersible base that one of the tech indian groups use.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

RainOfSteel wrote:
Toc Rat wrote:All I ask for in a Lazlo book is do NOT repeat the mistake of the SoT series. I don't want a book on a city that has been 15 years in coming only to see it laid waste in the same book! :x

Well, all the material on Tolkeen is really quite useful, as long as you simply note that the CS didn't attack or didn't attack successfully after losing 1 million troops, or better than 10% of it's entire population.

Not to get into this debate again, but the CS lost less the 500,000 human troops between BOTH Tolkeen and Free Quebec. A lot of men, but not as much as you are saying. Also 60% of those where Burbites, not citizens...

EDIT: Approx 455,000 human troops (Including the desimated 1st Navy). Approx. 202,500 where burbites (half of the forces lost at Tolkeen). Approx. 252,500 where actuall CS citizens. That's roughly 2.525% of the population. Much less than the 10% you stated. Also the CS population at the time did not count Arkasas (State of El Dorado), which has maybe 2 million citizens throughout the state (that's a guess, it could be less, but it's definatly the second most populas state...)

NOTE: You can find all of these figures in Aftermath. The only thing not mentioned is the exact population of Arkasas...
Last edited by Hystrix on Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Rifts®”