What counrty do you want to get a World book?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scooter the Outlaw
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Scooter the Outlaw »

Am I the only one who wants to see Iron Heart? Granted, there was already a Canada book, but I think it would be awesome. Lots of wilderness adventures, hopefully going back to the roots of Rifts like Australia did.

Unread post by Guest »

The numerous references to various small areas could easily be covered by a single book. For instance, The Hermit Kingdom(Korea)* could be done with about the same amount of detail devoted to any of the Yama King holdings*, say 5-10 pages. Likewise for places like Taiwan*, Hong Kong*, India, South East Asia, the Middle East, various kingdoms in Africa, and other odds and ends. That would both satisfy the people looking for more information on those places, without having to devote a full world book to each one.

On the other hand, several places in North America DO need full world books, the remaining CS states, Lazlo, New Lazlo, the Republicans, etc. And, based on several references here and in the books, it looks like Arzno will be added to the list.

*Note: While China 3 MAY have information on many of these places, and add the missing information on the Dragonlands and Free Yunnan, I don't consider it likely, since the book will mostly be devoted toward huge lists of new and reprinted magic (both spells and magic items), as well as the long-awaited stats for Immortals, Dragons, and some of the missing critters. Possibly the pages on running Chinese games from Mystic China based on the note about, "More details on the region and people."
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:The numerous references to various small areas could easily be covered by a single book. For instance, The Hermit Kingdom(Korea)* could be done with about the same amount of detail devoted to any of the Yama King holdings*, say 5-10 pages. Likewise for places like Taiwan*, Hong Kong*, India, South East Asia, the Middle East, various kingdoms in Africa, and other odds and ends. That would both satisfy the people looking for more information on those places, without having to devote a full world book to each one.

On the other hand, several places in North America DO need full world books, the remaining CS states, Lazlo, New Lazlo, the Republicans, etc. And, based on several references here and in the books, it looks like Arzno will be added to the list.

*Note: While China 3 MAY have information on many of these places, and add the missing information on the Dragonlands and Free Yunnan, I don't consider it likely, since the book will mostly be devoted toward huge lists of new and reprinted magic (both spells and magic items), as well as the long-awaited stats for Immortals, Dragons, and some of the missing critters. Possibly the pages on running Chinese games from Mystic China based on the note about, "More details on the region and people."

Yeah half the world’s surface area need small blurbs but North America needs a dozen books. :rolleyes:
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Dr. Doom v.3.1.1 wrote:Yeah half the world’s surface area need small blurbs but North America needs a dozen books. :rolleyes:

My point exactly. 'World' series baseball. That's all it adds up to.

I agree that two of the main protaganists DO need world/source books: Namely Lazlo and Chi-town. I for one would welcome either of these very much.

However, the 'finish what you started' crowd should think about this: There IS NO chi-town 1 worldbook (I'd make it a sourcebook, anyway). However there IS an Australia 1 (with a very big 1 next to it, and the word 'one' written on the spine, indicating there will be more) worldbook with the promise of two more.

Written, edited, and sitting on Kevin's shelf. :x

C'mon Kev. Just print 'em up, and get Rifts back on track. We've only been waiting... what... five years? :P
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Joey Jo Jo Jr
Explorer

Unread post by Joey Jo Jo Jr »

not really a world book, but a book on Phase World's Centre would be interesting
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Dr. Doom v.3.1.1 wrote:Yeah half the world’s surface area need small blurbs but North America needs a dozen books. :rolleyes:

Actually, yes... yes it does.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Scooter the Outlaw
Dungeon Crawler

Comrade Corsarius wrote:However, the 'finish what you started' crowd should think about this: There IS NO chi-town 1 worldbook (I'd make it a sourcebook, anyway). However there IS an Australia 1 (with a very big 1 next to it, and the word 'one' written on the spine, indicating there will be more) worldbook with the promise of two more.

C'mon Kev. Just print 'em up, and get Rifts back on track. We've only been waiting... what... five years? :P

Sweet Lord, yes, print that book. 'Finish what you've started' applies to everything! And that includes Rifts Underseas and Rifts Japan, even though I hate the Japan book.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Comrade Corsarius wrote:
However, the 'finish what you started' crowd should think about this: There IS NO chi-town 1 worldbook (I'd make it a sourcebook, anyway). However there IS an Australia 1 (with a very big 1 next to it, and the word 'one' written on the spine, indicating there will be more) worldbook with the promise of two more.

It does look like there is more support for Australia II & III these days. I fear we will still have to wait for a while.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Scooter the Outlaw
Dungeon Crawler

CPT Porter wrote:Maybe a Calgary Worldbook that is 25% plot and 75% splat.

Backup!

I forgot all about this, and I've wanted it for a long time! Just monsters upon monsters... lots of D-Bee R.C.C.s and tons of new demons--demons that are actually different instead of having varying levels of M.D.C.! Some information on the region would be nice, but as you said, keep that to only the bare bones and be heavy on new aliens and monsters.
King Junior

Unread post by King Junior »

Hello all, I'm new to the boards, but a long time fan of everthing Palladium.

I would have to agree with those that want Chi-Town. It has such great potential for grim and gritty urban adventures. I have my own version I have used for years with Bladrunner style adventures, but my imagination pales next to Kevin's and would love to see an official supplement of the city and burbs.

Personally, I'd also like to see more on Europe too. I ran a pretty successful campaign set in England that branched over into Triax turf. I would have liked to have had some of the other areas fleshed out rather than my own poor attempts at creating the backdrops. I think places like France, the Alps area, Greece and Italy (can't recall if these two areas survived, I'd be surprised if both countries lowlands weren't at least partially destroyed) all have amazing potential for campaign settings. The rich history of Europe, Russia, and the entire Med. region has always fascinated me and I tend to enjoy campaigns set here more than any others.

The old American empire lands are fun to run in, and I believe that many aspects of this area have been neglected (Chi-Town, Lazlo, Manhattan, etc.). However, there are others areas that been just as neglected and deserve attention too.

On a related note: I'm just getting back into Rifts and Palladium after a rather long hiatus. I've started re-reading what I have, and my book collection peters off at Canada and I'm in the process of hunting down the titles I missed and finding time to read them and plan some good adventures for my group. So, if anything I've said here has already been put into print, I apologize for my ignorance. Thanks!

Return to “Rifts®”