Live chat with Kevin Siembieda at 1:00 pm Eastern time!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Live chat with Kevin Siembieda at 1:00 pm Eastern time!

Unread post by AlexM »

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Today? So at 11:58a Central time when you posted this message KS was already on? 11:58a CT is ET-2Hr so it was already 1:58p when you posted. How does this help us?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Don't worry the chat itself wasn't helpful. I asked questions but didnt get an answer. There was a note saying you had to ask redrum but when I tried to send him the question to ask it wouldnt let me. Maybe I was doing something wrong but I don't think so.
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat: :frust:

RainOfSteel wrote:
An excellent insight that hits the nail on the head with a rune-hammer.

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I thought it was very helpful. I found out some great info about the game, and Ultimate Rifts, and at the end I won a RIFTS SILVER signed by Kevin. (to go along with my other two and the rest of my 50 or 60 signed Palladium books.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Galactus Kid

I was logged in as Fuchikoma 42 (my aol screen name if anyone wants to chat) because The galactus kid wouldn't fit.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

**** how the **** did I miss this?! **** Soundoff and it's intriguing intellectual debates! I really could have used another Silver Ed., as I need one for a keepsake (had to use my other as I didn't have a softcover). Oh well, maybe next time. Does anyone keep tabs on about how often KS does this sort of thing?
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
The Galactus Kid

If I'm not mistaken, it's been a sticky here on the forums for about 2 months

Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

So what was mentioned about Ultimate Rifts? Anything we havent heard from the website?

Will they release more Rifts titles for other platforms? Will they release the current N-gage title for other platforms?

RainOfSteel wrote:

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

The Galactus Kid wrote:If I'm not mistaken, it's been a sticky here on the forums for about 2 months

Well that would explain it. I usually pay no attention to the stickies.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Yah, I saw that about Palladium comic books. Seems to be the new thing for RPG companies. White Wolf is releasing a comic for its Exalted title.

A updated Operator you say? With new abilities? Sounds good to me, I have always thought they needed more. The psychic operator is in pretty good shape but the non-psychic version was lacking in comparison.

What else?

RainOfSteel wrote:

Phadeout
Explorer

Unread post by Phadeout »

Mention of Rifts: Chi-Town in a year so... but that's just rumor mill even though Kev himself did mention he wanted it out and would be workin on it in a year...

He also mentioned all the original O.C.C.'s will have added "stuff" even the Rogue Scholar (he didn't mention the Vagabond though). No details, just that they've all been updated.
Phadeout

"Are you classified as human?"
"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."
Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

Just thought I would let you all see this:

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1609

I thought it was neat to be able to see and hear (and learn how to say his last name) KS for once.
we forgive you pox - Lord Cherico
You mah main Damie, Pox - el magico -- darklorddc
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

I've just read the transcript and my eyes are wateriong... poor kev...

I'm quite sad that I missed the chance to chat with him, but I think I would have blown my top at all the 'er, what's rifts?' and 'is it like DnD?' crowd. Surely there would have been a better place to showcase his triumph, like the palladium chatrooms? (no, I don't go there either, and I'm not even sure if they still exist!).

I am quite highly frustrated reading such blather (and I spend a LOT of time in Yahoo! chat, so I know how childish it can be) and I'm sure that Kev was as well. At least many questions were answered (although not enough! There's never enough! lol), or at least enough to resolve some of the questions running here on the forum.

So here's a thanks to you, Kev. If anyone has the patience to cut the rubbish out of the chat transcript and just leave in the questions and the guy from Nokia and Kev, then I'd be most grateful. As it is, I'm half way through and I need a Bex powder and a lie down....
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Zer0 Kay wrote:Today? So at 11:58a Central time when you posted this message KS was already on? 11:58a CT is ET-2Hrso it was already 1:58p when you posted. How does this help us?

When did the east coast start being more than one hour ahead of central time?
Mountain time is two hours latter, Pacific time is an hour after that.

9:58 PAC = 10:58 MT = 11:58 CT = 12:58 EST
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

He didn't say anything about the movie. He can't. Contracts.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
The Galactus Kid

Yes. Palladium said that there are more releases in the works for BTS, Chaos earth, PF, RIFTS, etc. My most anticipated are Chi-town, Madhaven, and Japan II

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

I am really grateful to the person who posted the live chat transcript, minus the annoying parts.

And I did post the notice before 1:00 pm Eastern time, but apparently there was a little confusion about the time difference in part of the country.

Alex M
The Galactus Kid

Thank You alex. I thought that since it has been an announcement for months that it wasn't needed, but it undoubtedly helped get some more people there. Thank you.

Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Lynx8882 wrote:
Toc Rat wrote:So what was mentioned about Ultimate Rifts? Anything we havent heard from the website?

one thing i liked specifcally was that there is a new beefed up operator that has new special abilities :D

Toc Rat wrote:Will they release more Rifts titles for other platforms? Will they release the current N-gage title for other platforms?

they said he hope so but time will tell

also hinted towards Palladium Comics

Lynx

Palladium Comics? :shock:

Sign me up. :D
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D

Return to “Rifts®”