Highlights of the Kevin Siembieda Chat

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Highlights of the Kevin Siembieda Chat

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

What was your favorite part of the chat?

Personally, I liked the Ultimate Rifts info. The updated Operator, and the fact that almost all of the classes will be updated.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Phadeout
Explorer

Unread post by Phadeout »

*copy + paste* from other thread, since this threat just popped in after I submitted it;

Mention of Rifts: Chi-Town in a year so... but that's just rumor mill even though Kev himself did mention he wanted it out and would be workin on it in a year...

He also mentioned all the original O.C.C.'s will have added "stuff" even the Rogue Scholar (he didn't mention the Vagabond though). No details, just that they've all been updated.
Phadeout

"Are you classified as human?"
"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."
Phadeout
Explorer

Unread post by Phadeout »

Oh, and from the man himself (meant to take a screenshot):

Full Conversion Borgs do NOT have SDC or Hit Points, they are MDC beings.
--that's what he said, don't debate it in this thread.
Phadeout

"Are you classified as human?"
"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."
The Galactus Kid

More stuff for Chaos Earth, BTS2, PF etc. He also mentioned that Madhaven was in preproduction.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Unread post by Guest »

Wait. Chat? What chat?

Edit: Oh. Just found the post below. I'm a little ticked that they gave us almost no warning before the chat occured. Even more ticked that I missed it.
The Galactus Kid

It was a sticky for about two months. You had warning.

Unread post by Guest »

The Galactus Kid wrote:It was a sticky for about two months. You had warning.

Where?
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

I knew it was going to happen, but was unavailable.

Can someone post a link to the archive (if there is an archive)?
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

RainOfSteel wrote:I knew it was going to happen, but was unavailable.

I don't know if there's an archive, but I saved a transcript: http://members.fortunecity.com/tinkerdr ... script.htm
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:
RainOfSteel wrote:I knew it was going to happen, but was unavailable.

I don't know if there's an archive, but I saved a transcript: http://members.fortunecity.com/tinkerdr ... script.htm

Thank you Tinker!

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
The Galactus Kid

SO? Favorite parts?

The Galactus Kid

I agree. I was logged in as fuchikoma42, and I tried many times to ask questions. It finally got through though.

Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Why was the chat not modded? That transcript is almost gibberish.
:fool:
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

The Galactus Kid wrote:SO? Favorite parts?
GAH! And people wonder why I don't do chat rooms.

..I'd say the best thing was the fact that Kevin can take all that garbage in stride. Keeping a positive attitude is what makes his books and company rock.

-Mike >8]

..Looking forward to getting to go to GEN CON next year...
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

The Galactus Kid wrote:SO? Favorite parts?

redrum: apocalypsezero asks: What can we expect from the Rifts RPG line? What areas are you looking to complete? (Triax/NGR, Japan, Austrailia, etc.)

kevinsiembieda: More of everything. Think I willk be focusing on Noth America for now.
kevinsiembieda: Lazlo , Northern Gun, Archie 3 . . . . then maybe Japan II

kevinsiembieda: Mechanoid Space is my next "new" game
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Atramentus wrote:Okay, I've read it now. What an insane asylum. Too many people acting like complete idiots. You could clean that down to about 7% of it and not miss anything.

Record number of people or not in the chat I'd have been kicking them out left and right. How rude to carry on retarded little conversations during a proper chat.

:x :x :x

Jesterzzn wrote:Why was the chat not modded? That transcript is almost gibberish.

Agreed.
I hope to God that KS doesn't judge the website members by that crowd... :nh:
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Scooter the Outlaw
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Scooter the Outlaw »

It's a shame I can't read it, agreed... because I'm sure there were plenty of things worth reading hidden underneath so much crap.

Unread post by Guest »

I got a copy of the chat. And let me say, i'm ashamed of how those people acted. It was like a drunken crowd of pot smoking hippies yelling out of turn. Someone said he needs to put more anime into his games. :-? When he asked what some of them would like to see in the future, some *insert illegal and unpleasant word here* suggested stuff from video games. One said Pokemon. :badbad: Kevin should have been properly addressed by gamers who respect him and want to inquire upon him some good ole questions. Jeez. If that's how gamers treat someone who creates their game, i don't want to be called a gamer.
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

I seriously can't read that transcript.
I hope Kevin understands that does not represent the majority of Rifts fans.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".

Unread post by Guest »

Ziggy78eog wrote:
A "proper chat"? Puh-lease, that is about as subjective as useing the phrase "normal"; there is no such thing as "normal", and there is no such thing as "proper chat", quit your belly aching.

Ok, don't know why you're going into depth talking about normal, and if it truly exists, but we're talking about the chat, not some theories of perception.

Unread post by Guest »

grandmaster z0b wrote:I seriously can't read that transcript.
I hope Kevin understands that does not represent the majority of Rifts fans.

My feelings exactly.

Unread post by Guest »

John Kronus wrote:wrong!! pot smoking hippies dont act like that... it was a bunch of juvinal delinquents!! lol really tho... that was a shame... i do hope kevin doesn't look at that and say..."WHY BOTHER" ... geeesh :x

No, cause juvenal delinquents are slightly cool. It was like a bunch of little 9 - 13 year olds in need of riddlin.

Unread post by Guest »

Ziggy78eog wrote:
Res Sin Kai wrote:
Ziggy78eog wrote:
A "proper chat"? Puh-lease, that is about as subjective as useing the phrase "normal"; there is no such thing as "normal", and there is no such thing as "proper chat", quit your belly aching.

Ok, don't know why you're going into depth talking about normal, and if it truly exists, but we're talking about the chat, not some theories of perception.

Just trying to pint out how fruitless it is to want a non-existant ideal.

Oh, and by the way, there is such a thing as normal. Its the situation that should occur the most. A normal human body temperature range. A normal amount of rainfall for the season. It is based on statistics from past experiences and events. Normal is real.

Unread post by Guest »

Ziggy78eog wrote:Ok, so what is "real"?

I'm done. This has nothing to do with Rifts, and, you're trying to change the subject under the fact that I just contradicted your last statement with pure logic.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

As the Dread Lord of unreality, and one of the questioners on the concept of Reality I declare this thread derailed and therefore it is locked.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Ziggy78eog wrote:Ok, so what is "real"?

It's a silly and futile argument, anyone with half a brain can go "what is real?" "what is reality?" "what is normal?". It doesn't change the fact that there are averages in the world and there are norms based on these averages. Science and technology couldn't exist if someone didn't establish reliable and predictable benchmarks for what is normal.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".

Return to “Rifts®”