Do you support the Coalition? Come vote.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Do you support the Coalition?

Yes, I am a human supremecist
16%
No, I kill them evertime I see one
28%
Yes, but only b/c I know they are humans last chace for survival
30%
No, but I don't get in their way
27%

Total votes: 568

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

darkbrandon wrote:In otherwords...no one can REALLY be like this because...now, i know this may be a shock...so be prepared...RIFTS isnt' real. GASP!!!!!
NO NO NO dont say that :roll: :roll:
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Writers Block wrote:Um...I need an "Other category or I can't vote.

I do not believe every member of the CS is evil or racist. Most of them are just misguided and misinformed.

I think they need to be educated. Then they can be judged good or bad.
when most of free Quebec are better educated then Coalittion States' counterparts, but every seems to give Free quebec a pass on the anti-bee things when most of CS's dees policy come from FQ to began with.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Robert wrote:Well it's because of people who think that things like RIFTS is real that the Morons who made the "Mazes And Monsters" movie exist. Admittedly AFAIK I haven't met one so those guys could Be full of (CENSORED)...

I've never met anyone who was 'crazy' enough to think anything Fantasy related is real. And i've spent some time in the nut house.

I did meet someone who thought the president was a squirrel. But no fantasy "geek". EVAR.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

I, unfortunatly HAVE meet some of those idiots. They were all live action vampire players :badbad:

Those so called LARP types give the rest of us True Gamers bad names. :x
dark brandon
Knight

Toc Rat wrote:I, unfortunatly HAVE meet some of those idiots. They were all live action vampire players :badbad:

At least LARPers get out once in a while.

Trust me, LARPers arn't bad. The only thing that makes them bad is the "pretentious" attitudes of "True Gamers" who seem to think the only way to RP is their way.

Yeah, I've LARPed, and can tell you they are a lot more social than "true gamers". Ranks right up there with "True Gamers" who believe the best class is a rogue scholar and seem to feel supiror to someone who enjoys playing a cosmo-knight. you know, the "L337" gamers vs the "Powergamers".

On the other hand, outside the LARP game, they are rather normal people. At least as normal as any "true gamer". Course, dislike for someone who likes the "Goth" or "prep" or "Hip-hop" because they never could get over their highschool years of steriotyping, guess all those years being called a "nerd" or "Geek" did some perminent damage and feel a need to continually classify people in areas long after everyone else has given up and moved on.

Hey, Robert, you should totally try to hook me up with that Prentious goth girl in your group.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Robert wrote:Freakin pretentious goth types...

Goth is just a way to make ugly people more interesting. Though some of the ladies do look rather nice in some of the outfits... :D

Most of my players have either back stories that set them at odds with the CS in general (My first character was ambushed, captured and experimented on by the research division in an attempt to make an unstoppable cyborg soldier. After he went AWOL and returned for his family, he saw them executed for "aiding his escape".), or they have been associated with those people and fired upon. Thus, any CS unit encountered that either fires upon us or is engaged in some morally corrupt activity (i.e. torching an innocent d-bee village) becomes fair game for the pack.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

darkbrandon wrote:
Toc Rat wrote:I, unfortunatly HAVE meet some of those idiots. They were all live action vampire players :badbad:

Trust me, LARPers arn't bad. The only thing that makes them bad is the "pretentious" attitudes of "True Gamers" who seem to think the only way to RP is their way.

Yeah, I've LARPed, and can tell you they are a lot more social than "true gamers". Ranks right up there with "True Gamers" who believe the best class is a rogue scholar and seem to feel supiror to someone who enjoys playing a cosmo-knight. you know, the "L337" gamers vs the "Powergamers".

On the other hand, outside the LARP game, they are rather normal people. At least as normal as any "true gamer". Course, dislike for someone who likes the "Goth" or "prep" or "Hip-hop" because they never could get over their highschool years of steriotyping, guess all those years being called a "nerd" or "Geek" did some perminent damage and feel a need to continually classify people in areas long after everyone else has given up and moved on.

Hey, Robert, you should totally try to hook me up with that Prentious goth girl in your group.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LARPers get out? too funny man. The only places they go out is to do they're LARPing at. Come on, those little boys n girls never actually graduated highschool. Most opted for a GED and still live with their parents :lol: :lol:

As for the Goth thing, I dont mind that, just another fashion statement. Until they put on finger armor...thats more queer then Richard Simins in a pink tutu. :shock:

More social huh? Yah, thats why if you arent a LARPer they thing they are better then us "poor" non-LARPing folk. They walk around and in their finger armor, black trench coats and fake vampire teeth and flash different hand signs and feel superior to the rest of us. They are only "social" with themselves. They live their entire pathetic lives in "The Game" and never care to "bother" themselves with the rest of us.

Oh and about me being "pretenious" for calling myself a True Gamer...yah I suppose I am. I take pride in actually having a life out side of the game, not living with my parents and actually have an education. I'm also proud of the fact that table top gamers were First. :) Its thanks to us that those who have fallen to the Dark Side of gaming (snicker couldnt resist) even HAVE a game to LARP. Thats why those types have to be called that. To classify them as being something other then the first gamers, the table top True Gamers. Accept no subsitute.

And you know what? Even after having said all that, I'm STILL less pretentious then ANY LARPer I've ever met.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Robert wrote:
darkbrandon wrote:

Do you have long hair? If you don't then you don't have a chance... Besides You're in Kentucky and we're in New Mexico.

What part of NM? I'm in Vegas {NM}.
At any rate, most of the goth chix I know like Rifts about as much as Vampire: The Masquerade.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Oh yah, almost forgot...

IF and thats a might BIG IF I were to ever meet a LARPer who wasnt a @$$ hole, I would revise my opinion of that particular LARPer upwards. I would have to meet MANY that were decent before I raised my opinion of the type in general.

So far I have had the missfortune to meet a few dozen of them and granted they all lived in LV so perhaps ones in other states MIGHT be better but I doubt it.
Wōdwulf Seaxaning
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Wōdwulf Seaxaning »

The survival of the human race on earth is a rightous goal.So I'd support that goal who ever promoted it.Either support the CS or you support Human genicide.Should the DeeBees be allowed to overrun & wipeout Humanity? NO.Should humanity try to help Deebees find a way home..sure.L8r
Sgt Leo MacKenzie CSA Commando
Better Dead than Red!
F**k AntiFa! F**k Nazis! F**k Communists!
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Aequitas wrote:
darkbrandon wrote:

Look, we're all gamers whether Tabletop LARP Miniature. Sure there's never going to be a unified gamer culture but I say we've all got our place at Gen Con or any other gaming con, we should try to get along despite our differences in Roleplaying preference.

Hmm, forgot about the miniatures people...

You are correct though and for the sake of peace on the boards(please try not to laugh) I will post no further on that subject.

Thanks for being a cooler head 8-)
dark brandon
Knight

Robert wrote:Do you have long hair? If you don't then you don't have a chance... Besides You're in Kentucky and we're in New Mexico.

1) Yes

2) I'm originally from El Paso, which means I have friends I can stay with (c:
dark brandon
Knight

Toc Rat wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LARPers get out? too funny man. The only places they go out is to do they're LARPing at. Come on, those little boys n girls never actually graduated highschool. Most opted for a GED and still live with their parents :lol: :lol:

While we're on the typic of steriotyping, isn't that the BASIC idea of what any RPer is? Well, except that Tabletopers have graduated, but still live with their parents and it is still a game for little "boys and girls".

As for the Goth thing, I dont mind that, just another fashion statement. Until they put on finger armor...thats more queer then Richard Simins in a pink tutu. :shock:

And there is something wrong with being queer?

More social huh? Yah, thats why if you arent a LARPer they thing they are better then us "poor" non-LARPing folk. They walk around and in their finger armor, black trench coats and fake vampire teeth and flash different hand signs and feel superior to the rest of us. They are only "social" with themselves. They live their entire pathetic lives in "The Game" and never care to "bother" themselves with the rest of us.

All larpers I've ever known (and I've larped quite a bit) are both table top and LARPers. Alot of the LARPing your comparing it to is the WW, which isn't bad, but there are lots of other types of LARPers, which, go beyond "black trenches and vampire teeth". D&D one's are fun. Run around, hit each other with padded weapons and then break for dinner. They get out, they get sun and they get...exercise! GASP!

Oh and about me being "pretenious" for calling myself a True Gamer...yah I suppose I am. I take pride in actually having a life out side of the game, not living with my parents and actually have an education. I'm also proud of the fact that table top gamers were First. :) Its thanks to us that those who have fallen to the Dark Side of gaming (snicker couldnt resist) even HAVE a game to LARP. Thats why those types have to be called that. To classify them as being something other then the first gamers, the table top True Gamers. Accept no subsitute.

And you know what? Even after having said all that, I'm STILL less pretentious then ANY LARPer I've ever met.

I've known probably a few hundred Larpers...and you're as pretentious as any D&D player denouncing the evils of Palladium, which is as bad as any LARPer or "l337" gamer. In otherwords, Just because some are worse doesn't mean it's ok to be one.

I'm no LARPer but to me it's really no different than tabletop Roleplaying. LARPer's are just a little more dramatic about how they roleplay. I agree to me it seems a little too much, but ultimately it's just another form of roleplaying and I'm not about to run them down for doing it just because it doesn't appeal to me

Your words are wise beyond your years.

Yeah well in My experience they tend to look down on NON-LARPer's and they are MAJOR (CENSORED)...

Larpers, like MOST humans, tend to get defensive if you look down on them. If you say "All Y people are X", then you haven't given any other person who could change your mind a chance. I wouldn't work to change your mind, it's your loss. Everytime you meet someone, if you denounce them for something as minor as what game they play (Palladium, white wolf, D&D, even if they LARP) your missing out on a big part of the person AND chances are they will think you a jerk and probably say and do things that will only work to justify what you feel since you've already judged them anyways. Hell, if someone tells me they don't like me cause of X...i'll do all I can to make sure they have a reason for felling that.

You play table top RPG's. And in the eyes of anyone who doesn't play table-top RPG's your just as bad as any LARPer.

Don't take what I say personally, I just get defensive about people who have this Elite Attitude. "I do X so I'm better than Y". As that song goes..."You might think that your XXXX don't stink, but I can tell you now it still smells like...poo poo pooo..."

Oh, to stay on topic. CS ROX!!!11111
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

prejudice won't ever go away. Deal with it.
and now let me introduce you of my newest line of Nerf Weaponry named " Nerd Be Away".....
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

You know while we are on the subject of nerds, I always wondered who isn't a nerd anymore? The guys who play video games are called nerds, the guys who use computers are called nerds, the guys who play tabletop or minitaiture or any other type of rpg are called nerds. The guys who wear glasses, the fat, skinny, pimple faced, sqeaky voiced, and the list goes on and on. The guys who play sports and work on cars seem to be the only group left I can think of that aren't called nerds. So who else is there that isn't a nerd?
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

Robert wrote:Yes but it hasn't been killed yet... The thread killer hasn't struck...

give it time, give it time.

And speaking of goths, whydo theydressing that way? Do they just prefer that way to dress or is there an actual reason behind it? I would prefer if it was just a fashion statement myself, is it that simple?
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson
dark brandon
Knight

Larsen wrote:
Robert wrote:Yes but it hasn't been killed yet... The thread killer hasn't struck...

give it time, give it time.

And speaking of goths, whydo theydressing that way? Do they just prefer that way to dress or is there an actual reason behind it? I would prefer if it was just a fashion statement myself, is it that simple?

Probably the same reason people dress a whole lot of different ways. Some actually like the way it makes them look. You may not think so, but then, they arn't trying to impress you. They dress cause that's what they are comfortable in. So, I guess, it's just that's the way they prefer to dress, which to me is just as much an "actual" reason as anyone who wears old navy or gap clothing.
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

I'm just going to chip in and say that I have no problem with the way cute goth girls dress. Bring on the fishnets.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
dark brandon
Knight

Robert wrote:So long as they're not Completely Broken, cute and Roleplay I'll go for them... The problem is that goth girls tend toward hobbies that include branding and scarrification so in other words WAYYY to broken for Me...

Those are the best kind! Keeps a relationship interesting. One day she's stabbing herself with an icepick, the next she's trying to stab you. It keeps a boy's senses sharp and keeps him in shape trying to get the ice-pick out of her hand.

:ok:
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

I think I should start taking bets on how long this thread will last...

Oh yeah all those problems with siblings sort themselves out as soon as one of you moves out of home, I know from experience; now I work in the same office as my little sister no problems,.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Don't tell me someone felt the need to bring back up this old thread? :frust: :nh: :thwak: :roll:
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat: :frust:

RainOfSteel wrote:
An excellent insight that hits the nail on the head with a rune-hammer.

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
teulisch
Explorer

Unread post by teulisch »

im in favor of the coalition- but i dont care for the current leadership.

you know, you could solve a lot of problems with a nice coup. sort of like when hitlers own officers tried to kill him with a bomb...
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

K20A2_S wrote:So work+school has been kicking my A$$, I came back out of a couple months abscense to say "HAIL THE COALITION STATES"

I wonder if anybody noticed I was gone? :lol:

I did, but I remember you mentioning where you work, so I wasn't surprised that you vanished when the weather started getting nice. Good to see you're still alive and kicking. :)
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

eh? this thread not dead yet?
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

hehe the good threads never die until they get locked

Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

Mech-Viper wrote:hehe the good threads never die until they get locked

like I said eh? this thread ain't dead yet?
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

if it was for the CS you be eaten by some d-bee monstermaybe a catus people the horror of a catus people wating your wife and child

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Zebra wrote:In Rifts there are some six legged bug people that are more human than the leadership and ideals of the CS.

In my opinion being human is more than just the genetics you recieve from your parents, and in this respect Prosek and his lackeys might as well be a splugorth and high lords.

-Zebra
ok no coalition news letter for you then, :P

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Hate it or Not the C.S have a big population,Karl is doting what he thinks is right both for him and his people.

He thinks he is attack people who are Revals of his people just like a person in the real world who first name started with a O.

That Why in My game I have a hand full of Pre-Rifts reappearing so that Tech-using humans have a place to go.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Ishtirru wrote:I do not believe they are the savoirs of humanity. Shur they are justified with all the magic and supernatural evil that plagues them, but let us not forget that it is they who also prey on thier own as well. I remember a town that the Coalition came onto in which it was all human, but just because they where in Tolkeen territory and for no other reason than that, they brutally tortured and mudered them! Men, women, children! Even pregnant women! They delighted in thier sadistic and evil doing just as much as any demon! Just comes to show that not only are there demons in the flesh of the supernatural but also in the flesh of the natural. Of humans. Let us not forget!
So while you march in your pride and arrogance coalition, you also march with pride, that you care not for your own, and only for your fear and politics! Down with the Coalition! Down with the Proseks! Down with the Coalition! Down with the Proseks! Down with the Coalition! Down with the Proseks!
just because your gm plays the Coalition as demon like doesn't mean the coalition are, but thats normally the main leaders but i bet if the high command find out about it that entire unit would be arrested and shoot for the crimes or a black op unit would be sent out to "clean up the mess".

dark brandon
Knight

Zebra wrote:I will grant you that most of the CS population probably thinks Carl only has thier best interest at heart, and that is exactly what he wants.

-Zebra

I forget what book it was in, but I remember it stated that Karl and Joseph really do care about the people in their nation. But that's about it.

Actually, it was in juicer uprisings and Colition war campaign. They had a problem condeming the people of their nation to a quick death of the juicer process, but not the scum of the burbs.

So, yes, proseks do care about the people of their country. As for all of humanity...well...

Hey, It's better to be burb scum than it is to actually live out in the wilderness. That should tell you something.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Zebra wrote:
gaby wrote:Hate it or Not the C.S have a big population,Karl is doting what he thinks is right both for him and his people.

He thinks he is attack people who are Revals of his people just like a person in the real world who first name started with a O.

That Why in My game I have a hand full of Pre-Rifts reappearing so that Tech-using humans have a place to go.

I literally don't understand half of what you are saying here, but the part that I do understand i have to disagree with. Prosek stance on human supremacy and antimagic/psionics has nothing to do with what he thinks is right. It has to so with how he thinks he can control the populace and gain more power for himself.

If Chi town had been attacked by high tech bandits instead of the Federation of Magic, and Chi towns magic users were the ones that saved it from distruction; Prosek would be leading a magical powerhouse in N.A. He would be saying things like "Mans faith in technology is what has brought all of these troubles. We need to embrace our past, and use our inherent magic and psionic abilities. Kill all tech users!" It is all only a means to an end for him.

I will grant you that most of the CS population probably thinks Carl only has thier best interest at heart, and that is exactly what he wants.

-Zebra
Damn. Well. Said.

:ok:
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

gaby wrote:Hate it or Not the C.S have a big population,Karl is doting what he thinks is right both for him and his people.

[...]

Forgive my ignorance, but what famous person's first name begins with "O"? :?
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

The CS is the only real hope that humanity has in NA no other nation can provide the safety that the CS does.
Not Lazlo, not New Lazlo, not any nation where shifters and other demon worshippers can gain political power and force their will on an unsuspecting populace.
The CS has faults but defending humanity isn't one of them.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

The Infamous Osama benlain.

He want to killed everybody who is not Muslim around World,He use Hate and fear just like Karl.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

RainOfSteel wrote:

[...]

Forgive my ignorance, but what famous person's first name begins with "O"? :?

Odysseus?

Oedipus?

Oprah?
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Kalinda wrote:Oprah?

:lol: Oprah's a terrorist now? :lol:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
RainOfSteel
Champion

gaby wrote:The Infamous Osama benlain.

He want to killed everybody who is not Muslim around World,He use Hate and fear just like Karl.

Oh! I drew a blank because I was trying to think of historical figures, and O.B. is contemporary. Mea culpa. :o
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
RainOfSteel
Champion

Nxla666 wrote:The CS is the only real hope that humanity has in NA no other nation can provide the safety that the CS does.

Then I weep for the species. ;)

Nxla666 wrote:The CS has faults but defending humanity isn't one of them.

Except that the CS doesn't defend humanity. The CS defends the Prosek family; and anything that threatens the Prosek family or the way it views that things should be done is crushed utterly, including it's own citizens.

All the talk about saving humanity from the clutches of evil and magic and demons . . . how convenient to have such ready-made scapegoats for aggression and absolute societal control . . . especially when the Prosek's benefit from it so much . . .
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

But they do care for humanity, they protect, nourish it and allow it to grow.
Just like any would be GOD.

Simply because they are evil doesnt preclude love of others.
And for them to survive humanity must survive, in othe words symbiosis.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Jimmy Crat
Explorer

Unread post by Jimmy Crat »

Most of the people in the CS are good people, ignorant, bigoted, and hateful people. Now it's not their fault, we all have the Proseks and High Command to blame.

That's a load of hooey. Everyone, man, woman, and child is responsible for their own actions and attitudes. The people probably will come around and see that what has been happening is wrong, eventually. Before that will happen, something will have to wake the populace up to it. Either K. Prosek will go nuts and start declaring more and more things evil, limiting freedoms and activity to the point that it DIRECTLY impacts the "innocent" masses and drive them to take action, or the CS will be defeated by another power that will strip away the tapestry of a utopia that has been woven around the CS.

The CS is useful. For the time being they protect the human race on NA and drive back creatures from the Rifts. In the end, the CS must fall or go through a major shift in views. Else the portion of humanity preserved is only the most vile memory of what we once were.

Most of my characters steer clear, but I have no qualms about defending myself, or whoever I might be next to, with lethal force. I've played a few characters who sided with the CS. After all, it is ROLE-playing.
:)
Almost doesn't count; except in horseshoes, tiddly-winks, and hand grenades.

10 Ha-Ha points - thx cornholioprime
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

Alright again, the cs are one of the main bad guys of the game. period. They keep their society ignorant, lie to them, and spread untrue propaganda towards enemies of prosek and his regime. You want a good example read in rifts canada or coalition war machine about what they planned to do to free quebec. Because free quebec wouldn't bend to prosek they became a target. Read in rifts main book how the cs's own people aren't taught to read and write. You know why? Because if they were taught to read they might figure out how bad of a leader they have and how untrue most of his speeches conscerning magic and d-bees are. They might find out how there really was no need to attack tolkein in the first place.

[sarcasm]Can't have that now can we? Let the people have a voice based on knowledge? Are you kidding me?{sarcasm}
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Ishtirru wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Ishtirru wrote:I do not believe they are the savoirs of humanity. Shur they are justified with all the magic and supernatural evil that plagues them, but let us not forget that it is they who also prey on thier own as well. I remember a town that the Coalition came onto in which it was all human, but just because they where in Tolkeen territory and for no other reason than that, they brutally tortured and mudered them! Men, women, children! Even pregnant women! They delighted in thier sadistic and evil doing just as much as any demon! Just comes to show that not only are there demons in the flesh of the supernatural but also in the flesh of the natural. Of humans. Let us not forget!
So while you march in your pride and arrogance coalition, you also march with pride, that you care not for your own, and only for your fear and politics! Down with the Coalition! Down with the Proseks! Down with the Coalition! Down with the Proseks! Down with the Coalition! Down with the Proseks!
just because your gm plays the Coalition as demon like doesn't mean the coalition are, but thats normally the main leaders but i bet if the high command find out about it that entire unit would be arrested and shoot for the crimes or a black op unit would be sent out to "clean up the mess".

Not Gm. Read one of the Tolkeen War books. I think Coalition Overkill. Then you will know my reference.
gee i can name alot of the real world armies who done the exacty same thing. Yes the coalition did that under Drogue but thankfully there were good hearted coalition troopers who knew that type of stuff was wrong and the problem get misted

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

but just because FQ turned on the coalition doesnt mean FQ is any better remember most of the coalition's anti b-dee policy are straight from FQ itself

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Aequitas wrote:
Larsen wrote:You know while we are on the subject of nerds, I always wondered who isn't a nerd anymore? The guys who play video games are called nerds, the guys who use computers are called nerds, the guys who play tabletop or minitaiture or any other type of rpg are called nerds. The guys who wear glasses, the fat, skinny, pimple faced, sqeaky voiced, and the list goes on and on. The guys who play sports and work on cars seem to be the only group left I can think of that aren't called nerds. So who else is there that isn't a nerd?

Let's see in High School terms Apparently Skaters...and very shallow girls the cheerleading type you know? However, I knew an exception to the rules, an offensive lineman played D&D in one of my groups a few years back.

"Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded."
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Vrykolas2k wrote:
Aequitas wrote:
Larsen wrote:You know while we are on the subject of nerds, I always wondered who isn't a nerd anymore? The guys who play video games are called nerds, the guys who use computers are called nerds, the guys who play tabletop or minitaiture or any other type of rpg are called nerds. The guys who wear glasses, the fat, skinny, pimple faced, sqeaky voiced, and the list goes on and on. The guys who play sports and work on cars seem to be the only group left I can think of that aren't called nerds. So who else is there that isn't a nerd?

Let's see in High School terms Apparently Skaters...and very shallow girls the cheerleading type you know? However, I knew an exception to the rules, an offensive lineman played D&D in one of my groups a few years back.

"Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded."
:lol: :lol: everybody is a nerd :lol: :lol: anyone who know alot about any subjects is a nerd :lol: :lol:

Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

I think the real question is not which of us as players and GMs of Rifts support the Coalition but for how long KS will continue to support them.
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat: :frust:

RainOfSteel wrote:
An excellent insight that hits the nail on the head with a rune-hammer.

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

yup but as long as players and gm want more coalition stuff the more he going to give us

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Ishtirru wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Ishtirru wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:

Not Gm. Read one of the Tolkeen War books. I think Coalition Overkill. Then you will know my reference.
gee i can name alot of the real world armies who done the exacty same thing. Yes the coalition did that under Drogue but thankfully there were good hearted coalition troopers who knew that type of stuff was wrong and the problem get misted

Do not listen to this Coalition scum. He would rather be an apologist then rather admit the truth. The truth is, these type of actions are a undeniable proof that they are not to be trusted even by thier fellow human. The atrocites are a result of the lies and evil that the coalition go by to brainwash the poor fearfull populatin that surrounds them. Also they recruit criminals into thier ranks! Criminals! If the Coalition ever succeeds in thier endevours, which they wont, thier atrocities won't stop! Emporer Prosek and his son will do everything in thier power to keep just that! Once the Demons and Magic beings are gone, He will turn agiainst his own species even more! I assure you good people of Lazlo and all good hearted people. They are no savoirs of humanity!
yes believe the the fool from Lazlo and kool-aid he provides

RainOfSteel
Champion

Nxla666 wrote:But they do care for humanity, they protect, nourish it and allow it to grow.
Just like any would be GOD.

Would-be? I would say "wannabe".

Nxla666 wrote:Simply because they are evil doesnt preclude love of others.
And for them to survive humanity must survive, in othe words symbiosis.

I would accept parasitism.

Return to “Rifts®”