If you could...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

jade von delioch wrote:i would like to see, extend life: the magic would help the cells of the body of the mage to remain younger longer thosely giving a human the life expect. of a elf and the life expect. of a elf be like that of a dragon..

Would that be, maybe, a longevity potion?
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

RainOfSteel wrote:I like it. We'd have to work on the PPE, cost, TW labor, and time requirements.

Certainly, here is how I would work it for my game. As the chips come down the line, the Techno-Wizards just cast the appropiate spell upon the chip. Using canon rules that means that low level spells like Armor of Ithan can be cast at the rate of two per melee or twice every 15 seconds. At that rate even a small number of TWs could enchant a large number of these chips in a short time. The biggest slow down factor to their work would be running out of PPE. This would be negated somewhat by working near a Nexus point or Ley-line.

Costs in materials would be minimal. However much the circuit boards cost and the quartz crystals for them. Since we only know how much armor costs to buy and not to make I can only go by the rule that something costs a lot less to make then it's price tag to a consumer.
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat: :frust:

RainOfSteel wrote:
An excellent insight that hits the nail on the head with a rune-hammer.

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Something else I would change is actually follow the main book statement that TW conversion of a weapon only changes the power source. If that was really the case the weapons damages would stay the same.

I say make it so that only the power source is different. All other aspects of the weapon remain the same.

A second handy little device to have would be a E-clip that is powered by PPE/ISP. It is a normal E-clip in all respects, able to fit in any weapon capable of slotting E-clips. Inside however, the normal battery has been replaced by a TW energy source enchanted with Sub-Particle Acceleration. Now a mage of psychic could power any weapon that uses E-clips but instead of having to rechrage them with a E-clip recharger they can just pump in the needed PPE or ISP. The TW converted clip would of course no longer be able to be recharged by normal means but for a mage that isnt realy a concern is it?

RainOfSteel wrote:

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

A single spell of my choosing, you say?

DRAGON SLAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :demon: :demon: :demon: :demon: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

The Sovereign wrote:You want a Dragon as a slave? You'd better run when the spell runs out, I can't see it being very happy afterwards.
No doubt.

And while you're at it, you better not EVER show him who your Family Members are, OR your Friends, or your Casual Acquaintances, or the City that you were born in, or the City that you currently call Home....

'Cause that Dragon's gonna play "revenge is best served cold" on all those folks and Places for CENTURIES...........
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

mmmmm I see potential here :twisted:

Decorate quarters with doctored pictures (or whatever the heck the Rifts equivalent is) of hated dictator of choice and you bein buddys. Cast Dragon Slave spell. Talk about your old buddy the hated dictator and all the fun you had with them in their capital city. Release Slave on the condition that it never attempt to do you direct harm. Kick back and await news that your former Slave attempted to destroy hated dictators capital in an effort to destroy them :demon:
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

demos606 wrote:mmmmm I see potential here :twisted:

Decorate quarters with doctored pictures (or whatever the heck the Rifts equivalent is) of hated dictator of choice and you bein buddys. Cast Dragon Slave spell. Talk about your old buddy the hated dictator and all the fun you had with them in their capital city. Release Slave on the condition that it never attempt to do you direct harm. Kick back and await news that your former Slave attempted to destroy hated dictators capital in an effort to destroy them :demon:

Except that if I could put conditions on the release that remained in force after the expiration of the effect, it would be to continue in service.
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
bigwhitehound

If I could...

Unread post by bigwhitehound »

A Immortality spell, that is equal to the super abilities Immortality and Healing Factor combined. It would be 15th level costing 3000 + PPE.
The Beast

The Sovereign wrote:You want a Dragon as a slave? You'd better run when the spell runs out, I can't see it being very happy afterwards.

I take it none of you have ever seen The Slayers. :-(
The Beast

The Sovereign wrote:
MaddogMatarese wrote:

I take it none of you have ever seen The Slayers. :-(

I have, but I won't remember it as long as I keep taking these pills. :D

Well then you of all people should know why I want the Dragon Slave and not the Giga Slave.
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

I'd say you evil...But I'd do that too....
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
demos606
Hero

I'd have to agree with you if you said I'm evil, but then I enjoy being evil - I have so much more fun than when I try to be good instead of simply being good at what I'm doing :demon:
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
The Beast

:ugh: No, no, no, no, no, no. The Dragon Slave spell is an attack spell. A very powerful attack spell. Think Annihilate with a blast radius measured in miles. :D You'll have to watch The Slayers to completely understand the spell.

And before you ask, yes the Giga Slave is more powerful than the Dragon Slave, but casting that one incorrectly could blow up the planet.
demos606
Hero

Look back at the 2 posts I was actually responding to and youll understand why I went there with the idea.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Shades of Eternity
Immortal
Location: formerly edmonton, now residing in my own Delusions.

Unread post by Shades of Eternity »

I have already made the spells I want ;)

http://shadowdragons69.proboards2.com/i ... 1064859301
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

How about improve Armor of Ithan? Give it a base of 50 MDC +10 per level. That way at level one mage would have 60 MDC. That is comparable to a suit of Bushman body armor. At 4th level the mage would have MDC equal to some of the best tech suits. At 15th level, 200 MDC, that is equal to some of the weaker suits of power armor.

RainOfSteel wrote:

Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Yah it can be tuff to play a magic user if everyone else in the party is playing a big tech user. They tend to over shadow the mage in a lot of the combat situations.

RainOfSteel wrote:

Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

John Kronus wrote:

But one question I have about this Improved Armor of Ithan, would it be to much to give this to a Elven Battle Mage ? :?

Nope. I don't that see that as an "unbeatable" combination. Just remember, having lots of MDC doesn't make a character unkillable, it just takes longer. Think of a Glitterboy without the boomgun.

RainOfSteel wrote:

dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

I would like spells, any spells that reflect a mage's "learned" class.

Most spells are combat oriented, you have a few spells like eyes of thoth and tongues, which I feel are too encompassing.

Where are the spells that show mages are of a scholarly pursuit?
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Rimmerdal
Knight

darkbrandon wrote:I would like spells, any spells that reflect a mage's "learned" class.

Most spells are combat oriented, you have a few spells like eyes of thoth and tongues, which I feel are too encompassing.

Right, Like say spells dealing with elements and "prophetic" or perhaps even a few travelling type spells.

Spells that allow a mage to get permanent abilities like Mind Block (Auto). It turns on a spell with out casting as needed for defensive spells AoI and such.
taalismn wrote:

dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Rimmerdal wrote:
darkbrandon wrote:I would like spells, any spells that reflect a mage's "learned" class.

Right, Like say spells dealing with elements and "prophetic" or perhaps even a few travelling type spells.

Spells that allow a mage to get permanent abilities like Mind Block (Auto). It turns on a spell with out casting as needed for defensive spells AoI and such.

I'm not sure about mind block....

I mean like..."find clue" spell. Speed reading, Focus on book (a spell that allows a mage to touch a book and gain an idea of what it's about)...ect...
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Rimmerdal
Knight

I was think a spell that actives as needed or by trigger in a similar fashion that Mind Bloks (auto) works in. as in pay for the spell once (-the appropiate PPE permantantly). to cast it others he would pay for it though.

Example:

as in say a mage get AoI, then he has the spell trigger when his 6th sense minor Psionic ability activates..

A Gambling Mage..Uses Impervious to Poison when ever he picks a drinking vessel. (Mug, Glass, Cup, etc...)
taalismn wrote:

Return to “Rifts®”