Chi-Town destroyed during Siege of Tolkeen?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Chi-Town destroyed during Siege of Tolkeen?

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Ed wrote:
"Zer0 Kay Bold Mine :thwak: why don't you look at the thread on that oh wait let me dredge through the freaking site for you... oh found it viewtopic.php?t=24975&highlight= Environmental sealing has NOTHING to do with it.

Page 21 BoM. Deal with it.

Read the topic.
If you come up with anything that hasn't been dealt with there, let us know with a specific quote.

But you won't.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:Ok, go to the next page where it says levels 1-3 are the high security government levels. How does one get from those levels to level 4?

Also might want to check out page 206 of the original RMB, under visitor papers. (Yes there really is a Dog Pack at every city gate) :P

Yay! Dog Pack!

Er... ahem. :oops:

I'm assuming, by levels 1-3, they're referring to the top of that huge-ass fortress city thing they have, not the ground-level entry sections. Everyone seems to be contending that a civilian visitor from outside Chi-Town could never, ever enter even the lowest levels of Chi-Town, with any sort of credentials (forged or otherwise)? What, do they have 'SPY' branded on their forehead or something? (I'd rather have 'POOR IMPULSE CONTROL' instead, anyway...) :D

I'm not suggesting they take the nuke up into the rich sections of Chi-Town, when blowing them up from beneath is just as effective... And I'm going to ignore the published stats for nukes, as they're a) ridiculous, and b) seem to be referring to some kind of tactical mini-nukes. :)

Though I think I'll give up on this plan of attack, and instead work on a new spell that will replace all of their 'death's head' imagery with pink fluffy bunny heads instead. Much more in line with my personal philosophy... not to mention, bunnies are inherently more chasable than skulls are. :D
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Magnus wrote:Okay getting into chi town.
Question #1 Are you guys over estimating clairvoyance? Didn't Tokleen have Clairvoyance Gray seers, Mystics, dragons (Even old Yorrick)? Did it help protect them from holmes lightining raid?

They knew that the CS was going to attack Tolkeen, but the power isn't specific enough to pick out specific strategies.

In the case of sending a Nuke into Chi-Town, clairavoyance would probably not show specifically who the spy was, just that there would be a massive bomb.
The CS would tighten up security in response and the spy would have a heck of a time getting anywhere.

In any case, it's pretty irrelevent since there aren't any significant nukes out there that aren't already in CS possession.
And those are likely kept secret, so Tolkeen wouldn't even get the idea to steal them. As far as they're concerned, they probably wouldn't even have any idea that nukes could get more powerful than the Long Range Missile variety.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Ed (and others), you seem to think that it's impossible to get any sort of spy into any part of Chi-Town, that's ridiculous. There are always spies in cities, no matter how tight the security, it's like saying there would never be any terrorists in a US city, it would be nice but it's just not possible.
Secondly they don't have to physically enter the city they simply have to fly through it using Astral projection at Mach 1, or a psi-ghost, or a infiltrator automaton. Someone want to explain how the CS defends against astral recon?

I'm not saying the CS cannot defend against one or two people trying this, but the truth is that eventually that one of these would work.

If nothing else the magic terrorists could just kidnap someone who has been into Chi-Town at least once and then mind-bond that person.

The problem with this plan is getting your hands on a powerful nuclear weapon, although I don't see why the Naruni wouldn't sell one, and there doesn't seem to be any shortage of nuclear material on Rifts earth.

I think there is an over-simplification on both sides of this argument.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

The single greatest obstacle to any plan to destroy or defend chi-town is a simple lack of information. Nobody knows what permanent magical defenses the state mages put in place before they were "driven from the realm". We also don't know how much a presence the Vanguard have today, but we do know there is one. For all we know, Chi-Town is surrounded by an astral force-field or has a permanent rune preventing teleportation within the city.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
grandmaster z0b
Champion

demos606 wrote:The single greatest obstacle to any plan to destroy or defend chi-town is a simple lack of information. Nobody knows what permanent magical defenses the state mages put in place before they were "driven from the realm". We also don't know how much a presence the Vanguard have today, but we do know there is one. For all we know, Chi-Town is surrounded by an astral force-field or has a permanent rune preventing teleportation within the city.

Wouldn't the psi-stalkers and dogboys sniff out any magic defences in place and then try to remove them? Given the CS's fear of all things magic I think it's better to assume that they have no magic defenses than suggesting that they have some passive defense that we have never heard about or seen before that has effects that aren't in the rules and that has never been noticed or removed by the CS who are also constantly patrolling and catching magic terrorists but never notice the gigantic circle of runes that runs the perimeter of Chi Town. *pauses for breath*
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

That all depends on orders from the top. For all we know, the Proseks have all been members of Vanguard or had strong ties to the organization and would therefore have a vested interest in protecting any existant magical wards, if not intent to expand them. There's just too much we don't know about Chi-Town and its rules. Besides, there are inherent difficulties in destroying magics literally built into the city (and I can only guess what they might be).
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

grandmaster z0b wrote:
demos606 wrote:The single greatest obstacle to any plan to destroy or defend chi-town is a simple lack of information. Nobody knows what permanent magical defenses the state mages put in place before they were "driven from the realm". We also don't know how much a presence the Vanguard have today, but we do know there is one. For all we know, Chi-Town is surrounded by an astral force-field or has a permanent rune preventing teleportation within the city.

Wouldn't the psi-stalkers and dogboys sniff out any magic defences in place and then try to remove them? Given the CS's fear of all things magic I think it's better to assume that they have no magic defenses than suggesting that they have some passive defense that we have never heard about or seen before that has effects that aren't in the rules and that has never been noticed or removed by the CS who are also constantly patrolling and catching magic terrorists but never notice the gigantic circle of runes that runs the perimeter of Chi Town. *pauses for breath*

It may not even be magical, but force-field that is built in through the walls.

CS may have a fear of all thigns magic, but that wasn't always so. They use to have a good size magic battalion before the first war with FoM. Before then they were probably concerned about magic, but they still allowed mages to help fortify the city. Also, this type of magic defence has been seen before in another palladium book (Library of Betherad).

As for the magic circle, if it's built into the foundation of the city or perhaps even in the walls or perhaps it just a type of blessed ground/area so it's not readily noticable, and who says it even has to be circle magic.

And if psi-stalkers/dog boys were part of the CS when it did have mages, they probably worked on a way to keep a form of "passive" magic so that th dog-boys and psi-stalkers could still use their powers inside the city without having a constant magic field interfear with their powers.

Perhaps it's a combination of both force field and magic. Wouldn't that be a kicker to figure out that chi-town was built on a Nexus point (It kinda looks like a pyramid from afar) and with a type of Techno-wizardry, it drains a good deal of any PPE (Making them nearly invisible to sense, and impossible to tap into), while using that power to protect the city.
Last edited by dark brandon on Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
grandmaster z0b
Champion

demos606 wrote:That all depends on orders from the top. For all we know, the Proseks have all been members of Vanguard or had strong ties to the organization and would therefore have a vested interest in protecting any existant magical wards, if not intent to expand them. There's just too much we don't know about Chi-Town and its rules. Besides, there are inherent difficulties in destroying magics literally built into the city (and I can only guess what they might be).

Well I think we know that the Proseks aren't in the Vanguard, from information in CWC and Chi-Twon Burbs: The Vanguard.]

Although I do agree that it is lack of information about Chi-Town that prevents this argument from ever having a satisfactory conclusion.

It could have super-MDC walls that would contain the blast, or some sort of force field over secure areas etc.
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Dark Brandon wrote:
grandmaster z0b wrote:

CS may have a fear of all thigns magic, but that wasn't always so. They use to have a good size magic battalion before the first war with FoM. Before then they were probably concerned about magic, but they still allowed mages to help fortify the city. Also, this type of magic defence has been seen before in another palladium book (Library of Betherad).

As for the magic circle, if it's built into the foundation of the city or perhaps even in the walls or perhaps it just a type of blessed ground/area so it's not readily noticable, and who says it even has to be circle magic.

And if psi-stalkers/dog boys were part of the CS when it did have mages, they probably worked on a way to keep a form of "passive" magic so that th dog-boys and psi-stalkers could still use their powers inside the city without having a constant magic field interfear with their powers.

Perhaps it's a combination of both force field and magic. Wouldn't that be a kicker to figure out that chi-town was built on a Nexus point (It kinda looks like a pyramid from afar) and with a type of Techno-wizardry, it drains a good deal of any PPE (Making them nearly invisible to sense, and impossible to tap into), while using that power to protect the city.

That's about as possible as saying maybe Tolkeen had invisible flying monkeys that can become intangible and have 100 megaton bombs inside them. It is possible, jsut not likely.
dark brandon
Knight

grandmaster z0b wrote:That's about as possible as saying maybe Tolkeen had invisible flying monkeys that can become intangible and have 100 megaton bombs inside them. It is possible, jsut not likely.

why not?
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

grandmaster z0b wrote:

it depends...
the psi-stalkers/dog boys might only sense something if something activates the defeances in the first place...

Whoa...massive magic, in all directions Sir...
Crap, not again soldier, We gotta find out who or what is casting such strong magics...
*unknown to the CS patrol, This Strong Magic is keeping others out or from doing things to other things to the city...It comes from all directions, hence why the CS is so paranoid about magic nowdays...They dont know, but Higher Ups do, That Under many many layers of Paint on the outter/Inner Walls are Symbols of Powers/Runes that protects the city from very powerful magics...*

That would keep them on their toes, indeed.

Karl, Men on the south side of the city report another massive magic instantance again...Shall i notify the troops, or Plan Gamma-Beta ??
Plan Gamma-Beta, General...Keep them on their toes. Say 3 Powerful mages made it in this time...
Sir, 3 ?? Wont that cause a panic ?
It might, it might, general...Level by level searches by the numbers...We have 3 guests in the cells we can use as the "intruders" in a day or so...
A Day or so, sir, wont that upset the people ?
Yes, it will, but they will see we will always find "evil Mages" wherever they hide...
One of the mages in the cells in a d-bee too sir...
Perfect, He is the reason they were able to hide so long....
*Hour Later*
Col...
Yes Karl...
You heard the mystic defenses held up earlier didnt you ?
Yes Karl, Your son has been poking around again into these massive sensings that happen 3 or 4 times a year, Sir...
We dont need to tell him yet, Col...Soon maybe though...
He wont like it Sir...He might demand the defenses to be removed...
If we could remove them, I would have years again, Col...They are protected too...They serve their purposes we found out though, didnt we ??
Yes Sir, They keep out Teleportors and Far-seers at least, maybe much more...we have only found out alittle of what they do...
I have a Dinner to attend, Col...good day...

-----------------

See Karl and Company might know more than they let others know about...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Dark Brandon wrote:
grandmaster z0b wrote:That's about as possible as saying maybe Tolkeen had invisible flying monkeys that can become intangible and have 100 megaton bombs inside them. It is possible, just not likely.

why not?

Because:

a) there is no mention of any magic defenses ever being built

b) the CS hates magic, if there were any kind of defense built into chi-town surely there would be some record of it and the CS would destroy it.

c) whatever magic it is it cannot be detected by dog boys and psi-stalkers and is invisible, which would be a new kind of magic so is therefore total supposition and unlikely to exist

So it seems to me it is more likely that flying intangible nuclear monkeys exist (as all these things already exist in Rifts to some degree) than Chi-Town, the capitol of a magic hating nation that is totally paranoid about any of it's citizens even thinking about learning magic, having some secret magic defenses within it's walls that are totally undetectable to it's legions of engineers, psychics, dog boys, psi-stalkers and RSCG scientists.
It is the psi-stalkers powers of detection that keeps chi-town safe from magic attack yet somehow they cannot detect this magic that is powerful enough to protect an entire city for almost 100 years.

If there is some sort of magic that can bypass a psi-stalkers powers then I'm sure that Lazlo or Tolkeen would have had it not Chi-Town.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Qev wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:Ok, go to the next page where it says levels 1-3 are the high security government levels. How does one get from those levels to level 4?

Also might want to check out page 206 of the original RMB, under visitor papers. (Yes there really is a Dog Pack at every city gate) :P

Yay! Dog Pack!

Er... ahem. :oops:

I'm assuming, by levels 1-3, they're referring to the top of that huge-ass fortress city thing they have, not the ground-level entry sections. Everyone seems to be contending that a civilian visitor from outside Chi-Town could never, ever enter even the lowest levels of Chi-Town, with any sort of credentials (forged or otherwise)? What, do they have 'SPY' branded on their forehead or something? (I'd rather have 'POOR IMPULSE CONTROL' instead, anyway...) :D

No...levels 1-3 are the bottom levels. Remeber the quote you posted from the RMB? Chi-Town works like any other type of a high rise office building, ground level is level 1, level 2/floor 2 is next up, etc.

For the civilian visitor I'm guessing you still haven't read how one goes about getting into the city. I'm not saying it's impossible, and it apparently did happen during SoT, but I am saying it's going to be extremely difficult.

But really as zob pointed out, the lack of information on Chi-Town makes this a pointless, endless argument. Course it likely would be anyway even if we had a sourcebook for every level of Chi-Town.
But if you think I'm making it hard to get into Chi-Town, you should see how hard it is getting into some of my magic and tech places like Lazlo's government building's.
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:No...levels 1-3 are the bottom levels. Remeber the quote you posted from the RMB? Chi-Town works like any other type of a high rise office building, ground level is level 1, level 2/floor 2 is next up, etc.

Why... you're absolutely correct! I guess I had that bass-ackwards. :D Of course, levels 1-3 are subterranean high-security levels, bunkers for the 'leet, and all that. The scenario I've cooked up pretty much requires the spy to avoid these areas. All he's interested in doing is accessing Chi-Town proper, the absolute lowest security areas. Passes to do this are available on the black market, so it shouldn't be a problem.

For the civilian visitor I'm guessing you still haven't read how one goes about getting into the city. I'm not saying it's impossible, and it apparently did happen during SoT, but I am saying it's going to be extremely difficult.

Why difficult? The book pretty much explains the process. Heck, just show up with a two hour courier pass, with some BS delivery run to someone in the city. If the (non-CS) player characters can get into Chi-Town, so can my spy. :D

But really as zob pointed out, the lack of information on Chi-Town makes this a pointless, endless argument. Course it likely would be anyway even if we had a sourcebook for every level of Chi-Town.
But if you think I'm making it hard to get into Chi-Town, you should see how hard it is getting into some of my magic and tech places like Lazlo's government building's.

Well, again, I'm just trying to look at it from a reasonable point of view. Any military or secure areas of Chi-Town? Good luck getting in. But the lowest-class civilian sectors? It can't be that hard... the black market routinely smuggles illegal weapons into the darn place. :)

As for hypothetical magical defenses around Chi-Town... it seems antithetical to the whole CS point of view, as stated in the books. Though personally, I find it ridiculous that they'd give up magic. You don't give up a deadly class of weapon just because an enemy you hate uses it. You do the exact opposite, as history shows over and over again. That's like saying the Soviets never developed nukes, because their enemy (the US) employs them. :)
dark brandon
Knight

grandmaster z0b wrote:Because:

a) there is no mention of any magic defenses ever being built

We also don't know ANYTHING about Chi-town or her defences. We do know that chi-town had a large mage section, the vanguard, in their military until just after the first war with the FoM. It's not entire implausable that they had magic barriers in place before they were disbanded.

b) the CS hates magic, if there were any kind of defense built into chi-town surely there would be some record of it and the CS would destroy it.

Yes, CS hates magic, but note that the proseks are not stupid and most records having to do with anything reguarding the vanguard were destoryed. After reading the vanguard, I only know of Joseph prosek who knows about the vanguard, I don't think even Karl knows about them. It could very well be that during the time when the vanguard were being de-militarized, they left those pieces of magic in place, and then forgot completely thanks to propaganda.

c) whatever magic it is it cannot be detected by dog boys and psi-stalkers and is invisible, which would be a new kind of magic so is therefore total supposition and unlikely to exist

depends on how it reacts. If its a passive form of magic, like a TW, that when de-energized cannot be detected, it could very well work in a way that whenever something like a teleport spell into chi-town is casts, it reacts to that spell, as opposed to being always on.

So it seems to me it is more likely that flying intangible nuclear monkeys exist (as all these things already exist in Rifts to some degree) than Chi-Town, the capitol of a magic hating nation that is totally paranoid about any of it's citizens even thinking about learning magic, having some secret magic defenses within it's walls that are totally undetectable to it's legions of engineers, psychics, dog boys, psi-stalkers and RSCG scientists.
It is the psi-stalkers powers of detection that keeps chi-town safe from magic attack yet somehow they cannot detect this magic that is powerful enough to protect an entire city for almost 100 years.

If there is some sort of magic that can bypass a psi-stalkers powers then I'm sure that Lazlo or Tolkeen would have had it not Chi-Town.

You have to remember, even the capital of THE magic hating nation of the world use to be mage friendly, and possibly could have had magics, such as Techno-wizards working for them. Also, it's not a new form of magic, as I said, i think the Library of Bletherad could have the same type of magic defences. You may think that lazlo or Tolkeen would have those powers, yet, we've seen with magic, it really doesn't matter who you are, you can still have things other magic nations have. For example, Iron Juggernauts are wanted by even the likes of the Splugorth, who, you'd think have figured out how to make these things years before tolkeen.

Personally, I don't buy the dog-boy/psi-stalkers line that keeps CS safe. It's a city and as great as their senses are, they cant be everywhere at once. Not to mention not all of them have abilities to attack things such as astral travelers.

Next, I don't buy the Claravoiance/6th sense line either, because they are completely unreliable ways to safe-guard a city.

The only things I can think of that would keep chi-town safe as it is would be a force field or a magic field.

The force field is slightly less plausable because no cs object has a force field.

The magic field (or a TW type thing) seems most likely because they use to have the vanguard up until the AFTER the first war with FoM. During that war, I'm quite sure the vanguard would have helped fortify the city against magic attacks.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Ed wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:First don't need to produce wide spread damage just kill the populace. The CS isn't much if they don't have people.

And the majority of the CS population is living in a giant open-air dormitory with a place "nuclear device here" in glowing neon letters. This plan depends on an outside agent being able to penetrate Chi-town perimeter security without using magic or psionics, locate a concentration of people suitable for nuclear attack, then escape with sufficient details to allow teleportation delivery. Too many variables.

Second, that "advanced" warning is an UPTO limit so yeah those psyckers know it's going to happen within a given time period so as the example given before they better hope they have enough time to tell someone else and get to where ever they need to be since 10 seconds is within whatever time period is given.

The whole Edict of Planetary Distress adventure line is based on detailed psychic intelligence received months to years in advance. Likely psychics would provide days or weeks of advance warnings, in pretty good detail.

If your refering to minimum security as the section that is occupied by civilians then I guess so. However the spy could have his orders placed in subconsious only to be release after triggering which would take a deeper probe, which they usually aren't since they have to do everyone. How would he trigger it then you may ask. Well his consious instructions could be go to Al's Tavern to meet Jim. The trigger is the sign to Al's Tavern he sees it takes a strip of plastic out of the stiff part of his dress shirt colar and place inside his hats headband. Once in place the spys orders are fully retreived from his subconsious (the plastic piece aside from being an additional trigger is also a magic psi nullifier that also masks it's own presense. If you argue that they'd be watching closely because he's new then his consious orders would be get to Chi-Town by x day and wait until 7, 30, or 365 days later to contact Joe at Al's Tavern, in the mean time get a job.

Of course the presense of a magical item would light up every Dog-Boy and Psi-Stalker within 1000 feet. Guaranteeing the spy's capture within seconds of trying to enter Chi-Town. Go with that plan.

Ed, Ed, Ed... First yes it does depend on a person getting into the city but once in an ER bomb can penetrate physical barriers with it's radiation. Second, were the heck to you get this Edict of Planetary Distress thing? If you look at the best oracle printed in Rifts so far it would be the one in Rifts Underseas about the Lord of the Deep. Just try and tell me that, that is specific. A psionicist doesn't get to pick his vision and they don't happen continuously. Even if they do have ones that seem simular they may be refering to different events in the same place adding to the conglomerate visions inacuracy.

Yeah it would... however alter aura cast on it would allow it to mimic a low PPE emination which wouldn't worry the dog boys because as every psi-stalker knows EVERY ONE has PPE! So a low level of PPE emination from a magic item would pique a dog boy or a psy-stalkers interest. If you don't agree with the alter aura I'm sure there is a spell that does do it.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Ed wrote:
Qev wrote:I never said anything about any level of secure area. The lowest levels of Chi-Town's fortress city are described as:
Rifts Core Rules, page 140 wrote:Levels 22 through level four are the homes of the lower middle class and the poor. The lower one goes, the older and shabbier the city becomes. This is the home of the city rats, cyber-clinics, bargain stores, pawnshops, and the black market. The lowest levels look almost like a sewer and are as corrupt and dangerous as the Burbs.

That pretty much describes a 'non-secure area' in my books... or do you think CS officials in charge of security would allow the black market and illegal cyberdocs to operate within secured areas? :)

(Say, I'm allowed to quote the sourcebook like that, aren't I?)

You might want to use the sourcebooks to read about the Chi-town entry procedures. It's that whole part about why the 'Burbs exist and how the CS doesn't let just any Tom, Dick, and Harry wander in. The spy has to get through the entry screening, then get access to the lower security under-belly.

Tolkeen could easily obtain (via trade) or build their own nuke. I'm sorry, they're just too simple a technology not to be duplicable (is that a word?). If they couldn't do it through normal tech, they'd just use TW. Heck, *I* could probably build a nuke, IRL, if I had the explosives and fissionables. Not a very good one (Fatman type), but still... :D

I'm glad you think so highly of your ability. Sadly, for your arguement, only the CS has a the ability to build large scale nuclear weapons. Coalition Navy.
[/quote]

Yeah and only Humuhumunukunukappuahha has the ability to tie a rock to a stick and call it a club. Lazlo and New Lazlo with all their scholars and scientist that do have NEMA or even just Physics would be able to build a nuke. No matter what the stupid book says about an uneducated fascist state that couldn't figure anything out unless they found it somewhere else first.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Dustin Fireblade wrote:
Qev wrote:
Ed wrote:And trying to access even a minimum security area would almost guarante the spy being caught. Then brainwashed into giving false coordinates and released to return back to his "masters" and lure them into a trap.

I never said anything about any level of secure area. The lowest levels of Chi-Town's fortress city are described as:
Rifts Core Rules, page 140 wrote:Levels 22 through level four are the homes of the lower middle class and the poor. The lower one goes, the older and shabbier the city becomes. This is the home of the city rats, cyber-clinics, bargain stores, pawnshops, and the black market. The lowest levels look almost like a sewer and are as corrupt and dangerous as the Burbs.

That pretty much describes a 'non-secure area' in my books... or do you think CS officials in charge of security would allow the black market and illegal cyberdocs to operate within secured areas? :)

Ok, go to the next page where it says levels 1-3 are the high security government levels. How does one get from those levels to level 4?

Yeah it's there standard dog back not the nutset so they wouldn't be able to probe someones mind. BTW what is your point about 1-3 high sec and level 4?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

March Hare wrote:pbbbt. have you read the nuke stats? they couldn't blow up a broom closet! (unless they revised the stats since gm guide)

:D well I guess if you just want to take out the janitor and the brooms and mops your set then :D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Dark Brandon wrote:
Qev wrote:I know, I just like arguing for arguments' sake. It's called sophistry. :D

So do I. Actually, if I was in a better mood, i'd be all over this. At the current moment, I'm currently content with just explaining on how, as little sense as it makes.

OMG seriously? HAHA, oh man, I want cardboard power armor, now! PH34R M3!! My armor is corrugated!!! :D

OMG UR L337!?!?!/1oneoneelvene with your cardboard PA. U WinZ RIFtZ

No you don't :P

Ok -10 point for the leet. :nh:
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Ed wrote:
"Zer0 Kay Bold Mine :thwak: why don't you look at the thread on that oh wait let me dredge through the freaking site for you... oh found it viewtopic.php?t=24975&highlight= Environmental sealing has NOTHING to do with it.

Read the topic.
If you come up with anything that hasn't been dealt with there, let us know with a specific quote.

But you won't.

Hey wow thanks for the back-up KC.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

demos606 wrote:That all depends on orders from the top. For all we know, the Proseks have all been members of Vanguard or had strong ties to the organization and would therefore have a vested interest in protecting any existant magical wards, if not intent to expand them. There's just too much we don't know about Chi-Town and its rules. Besides, there are inherent difficulties in destroying magics literally built into the city (and I can only guess what they might be).

That adds a problem to magic detection. What kind of PPE would be put off by a mystic shield that covers the entire city... permanently? Heck if that is so then a mage just needs to stay around the massive emination when invisible to be completely invisible to Dog Boys.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Dark Brandon wrote:
grandmaster z0b wrote:

Heck maybe, just maybe the city doesn't have a nuclear reactor for power but rather has a PPE reactor that if blown will release a Leyline storm with a force that has never been seen before.

Hey has anyone been to the location where Chi-Town is aproximated to be? Maybe KS put it where it is because it already has a "mystic" land mark.
Ed
Adventurer

Unread post by Ed »

Zer0 Kay wrote:Ed, Ed, Ed... First yes it does depend on a person getting into the city but once in an ER bomb can penetrate physical barriers with it's radiation.

If I remember my ERW training, one the the best defenses is two feet of dirt. MDC materials are high strength ceramics. Ceramics are your basic dirt, mixed with some trace elements and baked at high temperatures. Why do you assume an ERW would do anything but make a loud noise?

Second, were the heck to you get this Edict of Planetary Distress thing? If you look at the best oracle printed in Rifts so far it would be the one in Rifts Underseas about the Lord of the Deep. Just try and tell me that, that is specific. A psionicist doesn't get to pick his vision and they don't happen continuously. Even if they do have ones that seem simular they may be refering to different events in the same place adding to the conglomerate visions inacuracy.

Rifts: Mechanoids. Everybody's favorite supernatural predator, Plato, issued it in PA 101.

Yeah it would... however alter aura cast on it would allow it to mimic a low PPE emination which wouldn't worry the dog boys because as every psi-stalker knows EVERY ONE has PPE! So a low level of PPE emination from a magic item would pique a dog boy or a psy-stalkers interest. If you don't agree with the alter aura I'm sure there is a spell that does do it.

Where, and why would the spell itself not alert security.
Ed
Ed
Adventurer

Unread post by Ed »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Ed wrote:

Read the topic.

But you won't.

I read the thing when it was originally posted. Bottom line was it came back to GMs fiat. If that's the crux of your arguement, don't bother bringing it up.
Ed
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Qev wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:No...levels 1-3 are the bottom levels. Remeber the quote you posted from the RMB? Chi-Town works like any other type of a high rise office building, ground level is level 1, level 2/floor 2 is next up, etc.

Why... you're absolutely correct! I guess I had that bass-ackwards. :D Of course, levels 1-3 are subterranean high-security levels, bunkers for the 'leet, and all that. The scenario I've cooked up pretty much requires the spy to avoid these areas. All he's interested in doing is accessing Chi-Town proper, the absolute lowest security areas. Passes to do this are available on the black market, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Why difficult? The book pretty much explains the process. Heck, just show up with a two hour courier pass, with some BS delivery run to someone in the city. If the (non-CS) player characters can get into Chi-Town, so can my spy. :D

Nope. Levels 1-3 are ABOVE ground. Again, it goes on to mention in the original book that there are seperate underground levels. Possibly up to five of them.

For the passes, anyone entering the city is photographed, fingerprinted and I'm pretty sure the CS would have a pretty good system to scan incoming packages, in addition to the Dog Packs sniffing everything over.
Btw how do you think one get's a courier pass in the first place?
Ed
Adventurer

Unread post by Ed »

grandmaster z0b wrote:Ed (and others), you seem to think that it's impossible to get any sort of spy into any part of Chi-Town, that's ridiculous. There are always spies in cities, no matter how tight the security, it's like saying there would never be any terrorists in a US city, it would be nice but it's just not possible.

Secondly they don't have to physically enter the city they simply have to fly through it using Astral projection at Mach 1, or a psi-ghost, or a infiltrator automaton. Someone want to explain how the CS defends against astral recon?

I'm not saying the CS cannot defend against one or two people trying this, but the truth is that eventually that one of these would work.

If nothing else the magic terrorists could just kidnap someone who has been into Chi-Town at least once and then mind-bond that person.

I never said it was impossible, just hard to do in the face of heightened security after the clairvoyant warning of an attack. The normal courier pass doesn't get issued during a high alert period. People entering sensitive areas (and structural support zones would be considered high security) would have to pass a close inspection and give a reason for why they were visiting. Spy's would get caught and turned getting his/her masters killed.

Ever hear of Psi-Bat? 4000+ trained psi-operatives stationed in Chi-town? Plenty of astral and anti-magic defense available on a daily basis, not to mention additional troops that could be called up in the event of need.
Ed
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:
Qev wrote:
Ed wrote:And trying to access even a minimum security area would almost guarante the spy being caught. Then brainwashed into giving false coordinates and released to return back to his "masters" and lure them into a trap.

I never said anything about any level of secure area. The lowest levels of Chi-Town's fortress city are described as:

Ok, go to the next page where it says levels 1-3 are the high security government levels. How does one get from those levels to level 4?

Yeah it's there standard dog back not the nutset so they wouldn't be able to probe someones mind. BTW what is your point about 1-3 high sec and level 4?

The nutset is a elite SWAT type unit, so I wouldn't expect them to be guarding doors and entries unless the threat level went up.
Not sure what you mean by not able to probe someone's mind. Are you suggesting that a Dog Boy assigned to the NTSET loses some psi-powers, or that a Psi-Net unit would not be at the gate.
As for what levels 1-3 have to do with getting to level 4, it seems that one has to enter at the bottom and then work their way up.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Ed wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Ed wrote:

Read the topic.

But you won't.

I read the thing when it was originally posted. Bottom line was it came back to GMs fiat. If that's the crux of your arguement, don't bother bringing it up.

It comes down to the fact that the teleportation spell bypasses physical material.

TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

You know, it would be Cool if the CS-Vanguard before they left. Left a set of defensives Based on Nega-Pyschic abilities somehow...

The Negative PPE cancels out Positive PPE of mages trying to do anything within the "walls" itself.

Yeah that would cool...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Unread post by Guest »

Ya know, if you really want to take out Chi-Town, you get someone who knows about Robotech, Telemechanically Possess the SDF-1, or 3, or even just a Synchro Cannon, and then Rift it back to Earth, preferably in high orbit, and bombard the place into oblivion.

Again, this is monstrous, and only the most Diabolic Characters would condone the slaughter of so many millions of innocent people.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Ed wrote:Ever hear of Psi-Bat? 4000+ trained psi-operatives stationed in Chi-town? Plenty of astral and anti-magic defense available on a daily basis, not to mention additional troops that could be called up in the event of need.

And still they can't seem to keep Boschala with an IQ of 1D6 from getting into the city's sewers and into the lover levels.... ;)

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
rem1093
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by rem1093 »

First i wouldn't' use just one attack. i would use enities to distract everybody wile several natural teleporters pop in different areas with antimatter TW bombs. mass damage but spreading smaller devices over larger area.
if chi town is protected by magic, the moment it activates everybody will know it. something that large would set off every sense ability that every major power on the that side of the world has. and to top it off it would probably would be visible to everybody as the magic energy rips though the city. how would they explain that?
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

I have to disagree with you on this one, demos.

Diabolism is all but unheard of in the Rifts Dimension...and it (the Magic School) was NEVER something that I ever heard of the Vanguard having.

Furthermore, we already have (ultra-rare and unheard of elsewhere) examples of Magic Circles on Rifts Earth (the Runes that make the Walls of El Dorado nearly indestructible and the Circles of Protection that protect that City Hall building in the Town whose name I forget right now; NO Explosions can happen within it); NONE of them are large enough to cover even those smaller Magic Cities, let alone Chi-Town.

Otherwise, Tolkeen and other Magci City-States would have somehow managed to make permanent Runes/Circles of Sanctuary to protect their Cities....
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

Ed wrote:If I remember my ERW training, one the the best defenses is two feet of dirt. MDC materials are high strength ceramics. Ceramics are your basic dirt, mixed with some trace elements and baked at high temperatures. Why do you assume an ERW would do anything but make a loud noise?

Two feet of dirt? Seriously? :shock: At what range were they talking about? Neutron bombs do have a fairly limited kill-range, no more than about 700-1000m in terms of prompt neutron-radiation kill, but it's designed to penetrate the DU armor of modern battle tanks, IIRC. Sounds like you might have more 'official' knowledge of these devices than I do. :lol:

Dustin Fireblade wrote:For the passes, anyone entering the city is photographed, fingerprinted and I'm pretty sure the CS would have a pretty good system to scan incoming packages, in addition to the Dog Packs sniffing everything over.
Btw how do you think one get's a courier pass in the first place?

Well, the courier package would be something innocuous, because it's completely irrelevant to the mission, except as an excuse to be travelling there. :) I assume the spy would get the ID on the black market, or even get it through official channels, perhaps getting themself hired onto a courier company for the purposes of the mission. :)
Killer Cyborg
Priest

rem1093 wrote:First i wouldn't' use just one attack. i would use enities to distract everybody wile several natural teleporters pop in different areas with antimatter TW bombs. mass damage but spreading smaller devices over larger area.

Gee, I'm totally stunned that Tolkeen didn't use your house-ruled TW devices in a devastating attack on the CS...

Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Like the man (cornholio) said, just read his sig and you understand why the Coalition continues to exist. Call it writter fiat, call it poor writting, the hand of God (KS), call it whatever, it all boils down to the same thing. The Coalition stays alive because that's what it says in the script :nh:
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat: :frust:

RainOfSteel wrote:
An excellent insight that hits the nail on the head with a rune-hammer.

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Zylo wrote:Until they detail Chi-Town and the defenses it's all just a guessing game anyway. When that book comes out, if we're still alive and gaming, then we can discuss the destruction of Chi-Town and the CS. :)

To paraphrase..."If it has stats we can kill it." :lol: :lol:

RainOfSteel wrote:

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

RockJock wrote:For all we know Chitown is surrounded by some great Circle of Protection:Nuke that was put their before they went anti magic. Remember the Vanguard as well as characters like Plato were once CS.

Granted that is all total BS, but beats the writter says "cause"

Hold the phone! Please list a book, page and paragraph where it says Plato of Lazlo was ever a citizen of the Coalition States... :? :shock:

RainOfSteel wrote:

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Toc Rat wrote:Like the man (cornholio) said, just read his sig and you understand why the Coalition continues to exist. Call it writter fiat, call it poor writting, the hand of God (KS), call it whatever, it all boils down to the same thing. The Coalition stays alive because that's what it says in the script :nh:

1. Everything in Rifts happens because the writers want it to.
2. Somehow, the United States is still standing in the real world. Somehow, there has not been a decent terrorist attack in our country since 9/11, in spite of all the zillions of fanatics who want to hurt us.
I get the feeling that if the real world were a game, everybody would be griping about that, claiming that the writers were the only thing keeping us alive.
I mean, realistically somebody would have just smuggled a suitcase nuke into our country by now and blown up the white house. Or Manhattan. Or both. Or somebody would have run amok through the heartland torching crops. Or any of the dozens of other "realistic" plans that I can think of.
Yet they haven't, not successfully.
Because things aren't always as simple as they seem.

Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Dark Brandon wrote:
Open a rift to lazlo. Everyone goes through. Now no one dies, no war, and best of all, the MEANING of what Tolkeen was isn't lost. Tolkeen was a place of learning. Tolkeen was destoryed long before the missles of the CS burned their cities to the ground when they forgot what it ment to be "tolkeen".

Strange as this sounds, it's actually true. Tolkeen use to be this grand place, where Techno-wizards were cool, and learning was great...then they fell into war.

Ahh, the "Running away solves all your problems" message again my old foe? We already went over that.

As for Tolkeen already being destroyed by "falling in to war" as you put it, the blame can once again be placed on the Coalition and good ole Carl's power hungry, mass murdering, conquering ways. To fight an invader is NOT "falling in to war". It's called self defense. It's not Tolkeen's fault the the CS fell from being a republic to being an empire ruled by a madman. They are/were the victims of his madness.

The second part of the problem is that once again, the writters (KS or otherwise) turned continuity up side down. As you said Tolkeen was a center of peace and learning in every little blurb we had on the place prior to it's destruction. Then we get the SoT and BLAM overnight it became the evil demon summoning empire! Umm...logic train? hello? :?

Enough of this already, the SoT is a beyond being a dead horse. It's more like undead glue by now... :lol: :eek:

RainOfSteel wrote:

Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Toc Rat wrote:Like the man (cornholio) said, just read his sig and you understand why the Coalition continues to exist. Call it writter fiat, call it poor writting, the hand of God (KS), call it whatever, it all boils down to the same thing. The Coalition stays alive because that's what it says in the script :nh:

2. Somehow, the United States is still standing in the real world. Somehow, there has not been a decent terrorist attack in our country since 9/11, in spite of all the zillions of fanatics who want to hurt us.
I get the feeling that if the real world were a game, everybody would be griping about that, claiming that the writers were the only thing keeping us alive.
I mean, realistically somebody would have just smuggled a suitcase nuke into our country by now and blown up the white house. Or Manhattan. Or both. Or somebody would have run amok through the heartland torching crops. Or any of the dozens of other "realistic" plans that I can think of.

Wow, that has nothing to do with the current situation. This is about a G A M E with know capabilities and characters. Given the parameters, we should be able to predict a logical out come. That is not the case with Rifts. Instead of 1+1=2 we get 1+1=-4.

Using the ambiguities of the real world has nothing to do with the certainties involved in the game. Besides, how do you know that terrorists don't have dirty bombs right now inside the US or spain or britain? To use your analogy, we can still point to the continued peaceful existence of Chi-Town as a 100% impossibility. With the number of mages and other people they have stepped on over the decades, someone should have made a successful attack by now. That there has been no such case in the books only goes to prove that they are protected by the "hand of god" as cornholio calls it. By your scenario, at least one of the Tolkeen remaints should have successfully hit Chi-Town by now with a "9/11" style attack.

RainOfSteel wrote:

dark brandon
Knight

Toc Rat wrote:Ahh, the "Running away solves all your problems" message again my old foe? We already went over that.

How is does that saying go

"Don't fight only battles you can win, just fight the battles you need to"
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Dark Brandon wrote:
Toc Rat wrote:Ahh, the "Running away solves all your problems" message again my old foe? We already went over that.

How is does that saying go

"Don't fight only battles you can win, just fight the battles you need to"

I would call it a "need" to defend my homeland but then again maybe that's just me. I joined the service after all so perhaps I am biased in my estimation of "need".

RainOfSteel wrote:

dark brandon
Knight

Toc Rat wrote:I would call it a "need" to defend my homeland but then again maybe that's just me. I joined the service after all so perhaps I am biased in my estimation of "need".

You join to defend the homeland and end up putting ciggarett lighters in tanks.

Could have been worse, you could have been stuck inside a tank with a smoker and you not be a smoker.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Toc Rat wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

Wow, that has nothing to do with the current situation. This is about a G A M E with know capabilities and characters. Given the parameters, we should be able to predict a logical out come. That is not the case with Rifts. Instead of 1+1=2 we get 1+1=-4.

Using the ambiguities of the real world has nothing to do with the certainties involved in the game.

Unless, for some reason, you want your gameworld to feel complex and realistic instead of having it be a 2-D version of things where everything is predictable.

Besides, how do you know that terrorists don't have dirty bombs right now inside the US or spain or britain? To use your analogy, we can still point to the continued peaceful existence of Chi-Town as a 100% impossibility. With the number of mages and other people they have stepped on over the decades, someone should have made a successful attack by now. That there has been no such case in the books only goes to prove that they are protected by the "hand of god" as cornholio calls it. By your scenario, at least one of the Tolkeen remaints should have successfully hit Chi-Town by now with a "9/11" style attack.

The Federation of Magic has made numerous hits on Chi-Town and the CS in the past. And I know of no place in the books saying that there are NO successful terrorist attacks on the CS.
Something the equivilant of 9/11 hasn't happend in a LONG time because the CS is more on guard than our government and they operate on a different scale of power. There aren't any weapons lying around that are as devastating to their city as a fully-fueled jet-liner or two was to New York.
Note that everybody's plans for attacking Chi-town involves using weapons that nobody really has. Home-ruled TW devices of doom, or ICMB class nukes, or whatever.
Mages probably have teleported in bombs into Chi-town in the past, but they're the same type of bombs that Rifts are restricted to; the wimply variety that the CS and every other military is pretty much restricted to.
They probably blew up some downsiders in the lower levels and didn't really do much.

Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Dark Brandon wrote:
Toc Rat wrote:I would call it a "need" to defend my homeland but then again maybe that's just me. I joined the service after all so perhaps I am biased in my estimation of "need".

You join to defend the homeland and end up putting ciggarett lighters in tanks.

Could have been worse, you could have been stuck inside a tank with a smoker and you not be a smoker.

Oh our Col. has done far dumber things...He recently put out that we are to salute him... in the FIELD?!

For the mlitary impaired let me explain something. It says right in the regulations, "No saluting in the field." Why you may ask? Simple, saluting in the field is refered to as a "sniper check". If you are the enemy sniper sitting on a hill trying to decide who's head to blow off and see a group of soldiers salute another one...hmm...he might just be an officer. :lol: :D

That bit of our Col.'s "quirks" aside, I have done many other things that are directly related to defending my country. I and many others have decided to server rather then run away to say canada...

RainOfSteel wrote:

Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Killer Cyborg wrote:The Federation of Magic has made numerous hits on Chi-Town and the CS in the past. And I know of no place in the books saying that there are NO successful terrorist attacks on the CS.
Something the equivilant of 9/11 hasn't happend in a LONG time because the CS is more on guard than our government and they operate on a different scale of power. There aren't any weapons lying around that are as devastating to their city as a fully-fueled jet-liner or two was to New York.
Note that everybody's plans for attacking Chi-town involves using weapons that nobody really has. Home-ruled TW devices of doom, or ICMB class nukes, or whatever.
Mages probably have teleported in bombs into Chi-town in the past, but they're the same type of bombs that Rifts are restricted to; the wimply variety that the CS and every other military is pretty much restricted to.
They probably blew up some downsiders in the lower levels and didn't really do much.

Numerous hits huh? Name me, by book and page number a dozen. I also notice a LOT of "probably" in your reply. They (the FOM) have probably hit Chi-town with teleported bombs in the past. They have probably blown up down siders. Nothing concrete and why is that? Because there is nothing in the books to show anything like a 9/11 attack has ever happened to the great blessed by the hand of GOD city that is Chi-Town.

In fact I know of only ONE book example of a "terrorist" style attack happening within the walls of Chi-Town. In the SoT books it mentions that a assassination attempt was made on Carl's life, it FAILED. Yes they were able to kidnap his wife and blow up his youngest son (yes Joe had a little brother) but notice a few things this cannon attack proved.
1. It IS possible to teleport directly in to Chi-Town.
2. There are people out there trying to do the CS damage via attacks inside their armored techno-cities.
3. Once again we see the hand of GOD blessing Carl, Joe and their neo-nazi empire.

So, if they were able to teleport inside Chi-Town once, why not more times? Why haven't there been constant random bombings? What about biological warfare? They could release all kinds of nice magical or non-magical plagues in the lower levels. With the total lack of sanitation we can see in the art shots of the lower side, itwould be near ideal conditions for the rapid spread of a plague. Hmm, wait that would mean letting Chi-Town and the Coalition stand on it's own two feet instead of saving time after time with illogical poor writting! Can't have that now can we? :lol: :(

RainOfSteel wrote:

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

lets see no terrorists attacks on the coalition .
Jojo sr die in a attack on the way to lone star.
Lady Prosek was kidnapped by FOM forces.
one of the prosek's sons was killed in the same attack.
a Blight has started in CS state of Missouri.
El Dorado is under constant raids from Pecos Raiders and is going to get hit hard by FOM.

yup nothing bad even happens to the coalition, they are protected but KS himself, you know same could be said about the new navy, NGR, FQ, the entire munchkin land know as rifts south america, rifts japanor or omg the mightly Larsen's Bridage
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!

Return to “Rifts®”