little foggy on natural combat ability

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

ugh...yeah that power is a headache. I think someone has posted a greatly simplified "Natural Combat Ability 2.0" before (it's probably somewhere in the 90-something pages of the "New Powers" thread).
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Unread post by Guest »

They get the moves, no bonuses (they use their own), no martial art powers.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:They get the moves, no bonuses (they use their own), no martial art powers.
i.e. it blows. (i use Dan's)
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

I heard that the original NCA that appeared in the rifter just made you fight really well instead of copying stuff.
So I would just use that one.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

I think the Skraypers write of that power is slightly superior than the HU2 Write up.

Essentially:
* After 1 round of fighting an opponent, you have his fighting skills. When fighting a 4th level akido practitioner, then you have 4th level in Akido. When fighting an 10th level ninja, you acquire 10th level in Ninjitsu. and when fighting a person with 2nd level HTH basic, the implication in skraypers is that you fight at your level in HTH expert.
* Technically, the inability to purchase Boxing or wrestling, implies that the skills can be copied from someone who has them.
* While the character can use any WP with +2 to strike, if foe has exceptional weapon prowess, it is implied that those bonuses are copied. it is not stated if those bonuses stack with the +2.
* the character also has, and permanently keeps the exceptional bonuses granted by the power. It might be prudent to keep the better of any set of bonuses, such as attacks per melee rather than add them, which would, for APM, make for a very munchy individual.

batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
acreRake wrote:
Kuseru Satsujin wrote:They get the moves, no bonuses (they use their own), no martial art powers.
i.e. it blows. (i use Dan's)

Wow...that DOES blow! Whats the point?

To suck as much and as hard as possible. :shock:
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

The Skraypers version is actually better, now it has been mentioned.
But yeah, of course the power is somewhat complicated.. if you want it to be.
Just use the good bonuses the power provides and go toe to toe with cocky martial artists with their 'cricket meets dancing bear at dragon cave style' kung fu.. when you remove the advantage of special combat techniques, the NCA character can kick some serious ass.
8-)
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”