Thoughts on the CS...Hmm.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Actually, KS admits he created the CS to be played as good or evil and encourages GMs to have individual CS soldiers vary in being good or evil within the context of the campaign.

The undisputed "good guys" seem to be Lazlo all the other angels are tainted (ie NGR, King Arthu'u) and most of the other villains have halos (ie Tech Cities) . . .

The only pure evils are either supernatural outsiders (ie Splynn) or those who have been twisted by them (ie Dunscon).
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Thoughts on the CS...Hmm.

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Illithid13 wrote:I just had a thought, and I appologize for not being able to link to the source of my thought, but some time last week, I remember reading a post that mentions that KS came out and pretty much openly admited that the CS are the bad guys. So if they are the bad guy, who's the good guy? Tolkeen? Lazlo? FoM? FQ? ARCHIE 3?

Me personally, I looked at the CS as the Missguided Good guys. Their intentions are good (survivle of mankind) but their methods are a little off the mark of "goodness."

Now I know that technically the group of PCs are supposed to be the good guy, but more often than not, in my group, they play the evil bad selfish out for themselves kind of people who are not motivated by good causes, just survivle and money (in that order).

Do any of you guys have an Idea as to this line of thought?

Problem is that the CS's "good guy" is dependant on a point of view. That point is that the person is human. Otherwise there is no good about it. Good would be trying to save all life otherwise it's all about point of view.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

boy i just pump the Coalition pr line, but i see the coalition as both good and evil
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Proseksword
Adventurer

Unread post by Proseksword »

The Coalition States have some ultra extreme policies on magic and d-bees that definitely need to be eased, but I think the fact that CS High Command had the death camps shut down is proof that they aren't as pure evil as everyone makes them out to be.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Jefffar wrote:Actually, KS admits he created the CS to be played as good or evil and encourages GMs to have individual CS soldiers vary in being good or evil within the context of the campaign.

The undisputed "good guys" seem to be Lazlo all the other angels are tainted (ie NGR, King Arthu'u) and most of the other villains have halos (ie Tech Cities) . . .

The only pure evils are either supernatural outsiders (ie Splynn) or those who have been twisted by them (ie Dunscon).

Yup.

My favorite KS quote from the section on the CS in UR:
I'm frequently asked, "So is the Coalition good or evil?" and I get a frown or head scratching when I say, "Yes."
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Thoughts on the CS...Hmm.

Unread post by finn69 »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Illithid13 wrote:I just had a thought, and I appologize for not being able to link to the source of my thought, but some time last week, I remember reading a post that mentions that KS came out and pretty much openly admited that the CS are the bad guys. So if they are the bad guy, who's the good guy? Tolkeen? Lazlo? FoM? FQ? ARCHIE 3?

Me personally, I looked at the CS as the Missguided Good guys. Their intentions are good (survivle of mankind) but their methods are a little off the mark of "goodness."

Now I know that technically the group of PCs are supposed to be the good guy, but more often than not, in my group, they play the evil bad selfish out for themselves kind of people who are not motivated by good causes, just survivle and money (in that order).

Do any of you guys have an Idea as to this line of thought?

Problem is that the CS's "good guy" is dependant on a point of view. That point is that the person is human. Otherwise there is no good about it. Good would be trying to save all life otherwise it's all about point of view.

a certain point of view??

you are going to find that many of the mtruths that we cling to depend entirely on our own point of view.

Return to “Rifts®”