Rifts World Atlas?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Joey Jo Jo Jr
Explorer

Unread post by Joey Jo Jo Jr »

It's been talked about before but I don't know if it's been done, but go for it, I would be interested in it if you manage it.
You're all just a bunch of whinging children.
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

that would rock mightilly (sp?) i love maps like that for gm'ing it helps me to plan out types of encounters for the pc's if i have something like that available for adventure planning.
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Been mentioned, Myself and several others are on that band wagon (so some of you may have to stand up...)

there is post somewhere here about that....forget where..let me look...

Found it...

viewtopic.php?t=21495
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Seraphim wrote:Are there any Rifts players out there inclined to programming? It might be a great way to make tons of money...

Even if there was a person with the proper knowhow and will to do this, I highly doubt they would make "loads of money" doing it. Have you ever actually read Palladium's "Unsolicited Submission" form? It would definitely be a nice thing to have, but I don't see it happening any time really soon. :|
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

While we're at this near thread necromancy (I'd know nothing about doing that :D) lets bring up that Erin Tarn player primer/CS troop manual book from so long ago that was mentioned in close proximity to the previous thread for a Rifts Atlas :D
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Seraphim wrote:
Warwolf wrote:
Seraphim wrote:Are there any Rifts players out there inclined to programming? It might be a great way to make tons of money...

Even if there was a person with the proper knowhow and will to do this, I highly doubt they would make "loads of money" doing it. Have you ever actually read Palladium's "Unsolicited Submission" form? It would definitely be a nice thing to have, but I don't see it happening any time really soon. :|

Haven't bothered because I don't write anything or create anything other than characters in the land of Palladium. Too bad...
Well there is this wonderful program that allows you to change the water level of the entire planet and see how it affects the land mass. Unfortunately according to Palladiums maps it's inconsistant with what would actually happen if the water did rise the described amount... though I forgot what that was. Then again it also doesn't include Atlantis. :D
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Seraphim wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
Warwolf wrote:

Haven't bothered because I don't write anything or create anything other than characters in the land of Palladium. Too bad...
Well there is this wonderful program that allows you to change the water level of the entire planet and see how it affects the land mass. Unfortunately according to Palladiums maps it's inconsistant with what would actually happen if the water did rise the described amount... though I forgot what that was. Then again it also doesn't include Atlantis. :D

Still is sounds really cool to me...
If anyone does do it, it would be cool if they did it like real atlasses with a few mods. Meaning they need to do overviews of each continent with Geographical, Pollitical and Production Maps then break down the Continent to each nation/state for more detail. The addition would be Continent view with Leylines and Nexusi. With shaded areas of effect.
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

At the risk of crashing my page again, there's always the map I did of the Rifts U.S. using the USGS Atlas from 2002. I'm currently working on one of Canada (I finally found a good map of Canada). If I can ever find a decent sized map of Mexico, I'd do it as well. The Canada map may be done by November. Funny thing is, if I use the crappy maps of Mexico that I currently have, I can probably have that one done in a few days.
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.

Return to “Rifts®”