What weapons, etc would you have had Tolkeen develope?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Weapons of mass distruction.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

Elemental TW weapons, with the heavy hitters having been charged by major elementals (cast at 10th level and with 100 times base range?)
A city surrounded by three ley lines? Sounds like a place that could make good use of Elemental TW weapons.
Team Work works, and should go well by tossing Techno-Wizards and Warlocks into the same room for some coop efforts.

Ball Lighting electrical field used for "electrical fences" or to seal off passage ways, or perhaps even to generate backup power.

Invisible Wall doors or obstacles. See how those skelebots handle going from full run to dead stop in a split second.

Electro-Magnetism mines.

Wind Blast cannon. Would be powerful if charged by a major air elemental and placed on a ley line nexus. +6 strike, 300,000ft range and 130-330 MD per blast. Since one could spot a huge target like a DHT from a long ways away... toss in radar targeting systems to really cause havoc. Only down side is it would need 40 PPE per shot.

Dig grenade, used to create an instant fox hole for soldiers to take cover in.

Encase Object in Stone bomb, put odd shaped wire frame around a remote bomb and cover it in something and then use the spell to encase it in stone, to create a bomb or mine that looks like a rock... goes off with remote detonation or if someone cracks the stone and triggers the charge.

Quicksand Mine, slow down ground forces.

If possible, "Repel Animal" Dog Boy Repellent Amulet...

On a side note, creating a Wall of Stone or Wall of Iron (even Wall of Ice) rather high in the air. Terminal velocity anyone? Maybe a "rocket" that is fired above the enemy, where it triggers and crates a big stone or iron block...

Chasm Mine... perhaps rigged to cancel after a short period of time before any victims can be rescued.

Clay to Stone mine in area with soft, wet clay for upper ground layer...

Cloud of Smoke, Stench of Hades and Cloud of Ash grenades. Lets see Dog Boys smell stuff now...

Screaming Wall of Flame Mine.

Eternal Flame Flare, activates when taken out of protective sheath and thrown and the casing breaking open on impact.

Plasma Bolt Cannon. Good for defense, charge with a Major Fire Elemental and place it on a nexus near Tolkeen. 30,000ft range, 18-108 MD per shot, lasting 30 melee rounds for just 60 PPE.

Water to Wine Mini-grenade.... just sneak it into the water supplies of enemy bases that have limited or no access to fresh/clean water.

Create Water Grenade, handy for terrain that gets muddy when wet.

Earth to Mud Mine.

About static TW things.
Idea is for a TW trigger/fuse, utilizes two small quartz crystals. The "trigger" or "fuse" causes the two crystals to connects, it completes a "magic" circuit of sorts, causing the TW effect to be triggered. Any number of tech based or other things could be used to cause the crystal trigger to be engaged. Not sure if it would work or not, but at least it's an idea.

Other things.
TW Force Cannon.
TW modified single shot or reloadable rocket launcher, it is like a TW Machinegun, except the entire amount of TK energy is discharged in a single shot (doing something like 1D8x10+10 MD).
Is either single shot, or perhaps uses some sort of PPE magazine, or even special TW "charges" in the form of small can shaped things with a few Quartz in them charged with a TK spell.

TW Heavy Force Cannon.
Like the above, except it is charged with multiple TK spells.
Can either fire 10 shots at 2D4x10 MD each at a range of 4,000ft, or unleash all of the shots at once, doing up to 2D4x100 MD at a range of 4,000ft.

TW TK Mine.
When triggered, offending person/object gets either hit by an upward heading amount of TK force, or less the mine itself is hurled strait up at high speed.

Mystic Shield defense. (If I remember the spell correctly. The only place I could find it at was a HU2 book I have, so I don't know if this spell actually exists in Rifts or not. If not, replace with the weaker version of Energy Field, which is in the RMB.)
Wall type, basically a basic "frame", that when activated, creates a nice wall to stop enemy fire and even hinder enemy movement. For Tolkeen, if used near a ley line or nexus point, it makes the defense that much more potent, especially if it was made by a higher level TW.
Bubble type, basically more like a "grenade" that forms the bubble with the grenade at the center. Handy if caught in the open with a whole lot of pain heading your way, like a large missile barrage.

Defensive idea.
A knock off of Vietnam War, using Earth Warlocks (and their Earth Elementals), and perhaps Stone Masters also, to create a large network of underground tunnels to both act as cover and as a way to move around troops and supplies without using magic. Create Clay and Clay to Stone would be used to reinforce the walls of the deeper tunnels used to connect various groups of near surface tunnels.

Toss in Air, Fire and Water Warlocks (and Stone Masters and Bio-Mancers) to actually be able to create and support underground communities way to deep underground for Dog Boys to detect and for bombs to affect. Tunnels to the surface would be connected to dead end mazes of secondary tunnels to help keep intruders out, along with secret passages that lead to the actual tunnels that lead deeper down.

Minor Earth Elementals guided by Earth Warlocks would be in place also to open and close passages at random in the secondary tunnels, to alert of intruders (or even cause cave ins if needed) and who make sure open passages to the surface are closed off when not used, and to close off any openings intruders have made.

Some tunnels could be made deep underground to head strait under CS bases. Major Earth Elementals then head upward near the surface to unleash nasty spells whole Dog Boys are freaking out and shooting at the ground under their feet before everything goes to pieces.

Another option for dealing with intruders. Sealing off the breached tunnel and having Air or Fire Elementals turn said tunnel into an oven. Gruesome, but effective.
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
Display-Name-Alpha
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Display-Name-Alpha »

Jefffar wrote:Weapons of mass distruction.

Magical Nukes... something coupling the War Magic spell Obliterate
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

Nukes, obviously. :lol:

How about TW Teleport Grenade Launchers? Aim at your target (usually a vehicle), pull the trigger, and instead of launching a grenade, it simply teleports it direct into the crew compartment of said vehicle, which then promptly detonates. :D
"Then you can simply spead the ground dried corpse bits amongst the plants as needed." - Sir Ysbadden

"There weren't many nukes launched in the apocalypse, so the nuclear winter wasn't that bad." - Killer Cyborg
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

None.
I'd have had them use the stuff that was in the books before SoT and FoM came out.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Rifts®”