Stupid Question How do HA eat?

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

IsaacFayde

Stupid Question How do HA eat?

Unread post by IsaacFayde »

Ok, sorry if this was answered elsewhere, but where is a host armors mouth? Does it overlap yours or is it above or beside your mouth or something like that? I mean when you feed it, do you have to eat the food or just put it to the 'mouth' in question? In the herbivore listing it talks about having to chew the armors cud for it... any clarification?
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

host armors feed off the nutrients in your blood system
... so it would mean you have to eat the grass for the Host armor..
IsaacFayde

Then why does it talk about a Host Armor having a stomach and such and having its own mouth IE carnivores have snouts that do MD. Sorry if I'm just not getting it... I guess its not a big thing just kinda of a detail thats been wiggling in my head. If it feeds off your blood stream what would it matter what you eat as long as the nutrients are there.
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

The HA that need foodstuffs are described within the metabolism descriptions themselves. The only ones that come to mind as actually feeding themselves though are omnivore, vampiric and carnivore. Most draw nutrience either direct from the earth/sky or their wearer (parasitic).
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
IsaacFayde

I know, Lithovores need to eat too, I'm just wondering if they have a seperate mouth to feed or how does that all work. Just wondering.
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Yeah, any HA that needs to actually injest something to eat has a mouth, actually I believe all but parasitic have mouths whether they need to actually injest food or not
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

I Got splicers stowed away but never really read it... so it's true that Host Armors have to be fed like Pokemon?
... Makes me wonder what sort of things people could feed their armors lol..
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Could host armors be fed via a nutrient bath like other bio items?
:fool:
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

I would say they could, but they're designed to be able to feed themsleves in the field so they can be self-sufficient. I think that's the biggest limitation of handheld Bio-Weapons.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Carnivore, Herbavore, Omnivore, Lithovore, Vampiric...all have their OWN mouths, and Stomachs to digest the foods they eat. The Wear must wear the HA and act as though he is eating the food. Through their link, the pilot can Taste everthing the Host Armor does. Everything is filtered including AIR.

Photsynthetic, Thermosynthetic, Parasite HAs do not feed in anyway we can relate to. One just needs Sunlight, One just needs heat, One just needs YOU.

The HAs that eat can filter leftover nuitrients to the Pilot too. This is filtered and purified. So a Host Armor can drink water, and filter it to the pilot. Even sea water can be filtered.

Proto-Host Armor needs the Nuetrient Baths all Bio-weapons need to recharge. While Powerful, this is a Drawback since it means it cannot go outside on missions for over a week or it will die.

In my current game, my players leveled up to level 8 before they even got back to the house for Upgrades.
One of them is thinking of turning his character into a Biotic cause he is tired of the upkeep for his Host Armor.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

Re: Stupid Question How do HA eat?

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

IsaacFayde wrote:Ok, sorry if this was answered elsewhere, but where is a host armors mouth? Does it overlap yours or is it above or beside your mouth or something like that? I mean when you feed it, do you have to eat the food or just put it to the 'mouth' in question? In the herbivore listing it talks about having to chew the armors cud for it... any clarification?

OK, Take at look at these : http://www.bio-boost.co.uk/

Now say you have a Human inside one of those monsters. No the mouths and eyes do not overlap. The Pilot's face is encased and Linked directly to the Host Armor is a manner, the Pilot see through it's eyes, smells with it's nose, tastes it's food, hears what it hears, feels what it feels.

The Host Armor does Filter water/Air/Nuetrients to the Pilot too while its on, except for the Parisite, cause it eats YOU. It does filter Air for you though.

This is a great example for a Host Armor built for alot of action.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/davenport1 ... gustav.jpg
One of my Players is currently using this as a Host armor btw. He loves it.
Its big, tough, and fast. His parry with the horn is insane too...+15.

Do Not limit yourself to the smaller Armors seen in the book. The Proto-Host Armor should be the Average Size for one if you ask me.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Unread post by darkguyver »

So I if getting this Pilot does need get out of armor to feed.So do this work for Lithovore type to
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

darkguyver wrote:So I if getting this Pilot does need get out of armor to feed.So do this work for Lithovore type to

To feed a host armor that requires such attention (carnivore, herbivore, vampiric and lithovore) the pilot must be suit up (ie wearing the HA) and must actually go through the motions of eating the needed food. While the HA has it's own mouth and digestion system it has no capacity to act on it's own and can only be used by the pilot it was created for.

For example a Carnivore (ie a meat eater... in this case Splicers specifies fresh kills) must suit up, find and kill the creature to be consumed, then the Splicer must actually go through the motions of eating the creature he just killed. The actual details will vary between houses and the HA pilots of those houses.

Isn't this all covered in the Splicers book?
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Slight001 wrote:Isn't this all covered in the Splicers book?

not really. i mean, the part about the suit being immobile unless you're in it, yes, but you kinda have to connect the dots yourself to realize that you must be in the suit when it is eating (provided the suit does not have a passive collection method like solar or thermal)
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Unread post by darkguyver »

Kinda does kinda doesn't it did tell you about how host armor feed. The book does not cover in much detail whether or not the host armor pilot how he feed. Do uses nutritionists of the host armor or does he need get out and get out of the himself. I might be missing something if I am pleased way out in the rule book.
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®

Return to “Splicers®”