Mystically bestowed powers... SDC?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Qev
Hero

Mystically bestowed powers... SDC?

Unread post by Qev »

It's been a while since I've made an Heroeses Unlimited (2nd ed) character, and I was toying around with the Mystically Bestowed powers category, but I've run into a slight puzzle.

How do I calculate his or her SDC? It states that when transformed, he gains +3D6x10 SDC, then later on states that they have 1D6x10+30 SDC when transformed, and +10 SDC when not transformed (I assume that's in addition to standard human SDC).

Soooo... when transformed, he gets 4D6x10+30 SDC? Does that sound right? Why is it broken up like that? (Don't tell me, I know... Palladium 'editing' :lol:)
"Then you can simply spead the ground dried corpse bits amongst the plants as needed." - Sir Ysbadden

"There weren't many nukes launched in the apocalypse, so the nuclear winter wasn't that bad." - Killer Cyborg
Snowtiger
Adventurer

Unread post by Snowtiger »

I think that's an editing screw-up. I'd think that a Mystically Bestowed character would have a base SDC of 30 points, like a Mystic Study character has. I don't know hy they've left that out, but I'm sure its just a screw-up.

Of course if you want to, you could use the 1d6+15(the one that is used to determine a normal human being's SDC, for tougher jobs) roll to determine the character's base SDC. I know its weak, but this guy was suppused to be just a normal John Doe when he got his powers.
"Gonna be sore in the mornin'."
- Hellboy, right after the boss fight scene, after getting up again.

"Never tempt the predator into a bloodlust."
- Snowtiger
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

i dont have my book handy but i think the revision is printed in the Heroes GMG. I believe that it is a base of 30 or 40 then they get the 3d6*10 when transformed. That keeps it from getting fugly quick.

(650 sdc without trying in a low powered campaign. Oops, character revision time)
"A little Rebellion now and then is a good thing." Thomas Jefferson
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
"I immediately regret this decision."- Jack Hare
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

viewtopic.php?t=35298

Question: The S.D.C. listed for the Mystically Bestowed Power Category in HU2 is confusing. On one page it says they gain +3D6x10 S.D.C. in their 'powered-up' form, on another it says they have +10 S.D.C. in their normal form and 1D6x10+30 in their powered-up form. What gives?

Answer: Mystically Bestowed characters are supposed to have a base S.D.C. of 30, giving them 40 S.D.C. in unpowered form and 3D6x10+30 S.D.C. in powered form.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Yeah, what NMI said.

The FAQs are a great place to look for answers first. A lot of times, questions regarding rules have been addressed, researched, and answered. Always start there first.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

Huh... I must've blew right past that in the FAQ. :shock:

Anyhoo, thanks everyone! You're all my hero. Get it? Hero?? *giggle*snort* :)
"Then you can simply spead the ground dried corpse bits amongst the plants as needed." - Sir Ysbadden

"There weren't many nukes launched in the apocalypse, so the nuclear winter wasn't that bad." - Killer Cyborg

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”