The Coalition in the phase world setting.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

KLM wrote:Hi there!

I agree, that the above mentioned
method might be used by the CS,
and since the necrons could grow
from tribal states to a spacefaring
menace unnoticed, I think our
dead boys are having their chance
to do the same.

They even can get help from the
human supremacist groups in the
3 galaxies...

Of course, they can be unlucky,
and meet a TGE/Splugorth/Golgan
even NE forces which which will end
the operation in a short way.

Even, if they grow to a significant
menace, their only hope for it
is the aforementioned help from
their local fellow spirits.
(And as human nature does not change,
they could rally some CCW citizens
to their cause, not to mention masses
from the TGE).

Adios
KLM
The CS TROOPS can't succede because if they were put into that situation and it required them developing and becomeing a new power, they couldn't. Though their equipment is high tech they would have to start out at stone age for the rest of their progeny because none of them are technicians. None of them can read or write in order to develop the same technology they use. Sure the developers back home could do that... but they knew how to read. A field tech only knows what they were trained, which is usually repair not manufacture.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mech-Viper wrote:
Scooter the Outlaw wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:That would be hillarious CS on a 'Wildlife Refuge' type planet in the UWW where it seems like everything is primative. They start attacking the privative D-bees and are annihilated by the 'Zoo keepers' as pests. :D
see there you go with some lame reply :lol: i figure the coalition troops would round a tribe or two up and have them help them build a barracks or two
THEN SHOOT THEM :D
no you dont kill free labor, but then again maybe thats how things are done in the airforce :lol:
What you talkin bout willis? You kill em after the work is done.
give one example of the coalition doing that
Oh I'm sorry if you have D-bees in a work camp it's not really your fault if they die. :D I didn't say the CS did I just said and then you kill them. Why keep around people who will retaliate when they get a chance?
you never know what all they might have to offer the coalition, they might be natural nega-psychic or Psi-nullifers, and being outside the coalition controlled area, all bets are off when dealing with d-bees
Yeah ok whatever... are you trying to do another nest thing?
no just reminding some the coalition normally changes their operations outside of the CS areas
Oh so instead of destroying the Black Market if they found Area 51 they'd employ them :nh:
more like set up camp there until everything of value is taken but i'm sure they would offer them a job
taken by who?
the Heroes of Rifts Earth ofcourse
Oh so what happens after Lazlo gets all the stuff from Area 51 again? :D
they kneel before the Coalition
Hmm yeah, that is what the CS would think it is and then they'd start yacking and lectureing them and telling them how they failed and the entire time the Lazloians were performing a ritual. I'll tell you it isn't one to turn the CS all into Rubber Duckies. :D
think, that's what i know last time lazlo got into a fight they run

omg cs is l33t :D lik i think tehy wud win :x :x :x

j/k :lol: lazlo pwnz
speech american :P
I'd even go for speak Technocan but definately not Wannabe.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

thats really annoying. I'm surprised an admin hasn't come to put a stop to that. Sorry. I like the topic, and I like the information, but the nesting is absurd. Just my opinion.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

The Galactus Kid wrote:thats really annoying. I'm surprised an admin hasn't come to put a stop to that. Sorry. I like the topic, and I like the information, but the nesting is absurd. Just my opinion.
its because we are still on the topic, like Zer0 Kay said
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Scooter the Outlaw wrote:Nesting like that is unplesant, could we please put the brakes on that? This is a pretty interesting thread.

OK two things
1. You don't like it don't read it.
2. This deals with the CS in Phase World not something from PW in Rifts Earth so the thread should technically be in the Rifts: Dimensions Forum.
:P
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Jack Daniels
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jack Daniels »

Mech-Viper wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:thats really annoying. I'm surprised an admin hasn't come to put a stop to that. Sorry. I like the topic, and I like the information, but the nesting is absurd. Just my opinion.
Zer0 Kay wrote:
OK two things
2. This deals with the CS in Phase World not something from PW in Rifts Earth so the thread should technically be in the Rifts: Dimensions Forum.

It's like the guy told me earlier today, "If I didn't like breathing his cigarette smoke, I could move to a different table."
In order get what we want out of a public forum we sometimes have to tolerate the rudeness of others. 'Tis the way of life.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Jack Daniels wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
OK two things

It's like the guy told me earlier today, "If I didn't like breathing his cigarette smoke, I could move to a different table."
In order get what we want out of a public forum we sometimes have to tolerate the rudeness of others. 'Tis the way of life.
i know isnt life hard huh?
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Jack Daniels wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
OK two things

Well if it's a no smoking area then... beat him. If not then yeah that sucks but oh well. Fortunately this isn't a no nesting area :D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

I'll stop nesting when you pull that bandwidth hog off the bottom of your posts. :P
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Zer0 Kay wrote:
I'll stop nesting when you pull that bandwidth hog off the bottom of your posts. :P
sounds fair to me :D

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
You know I'm responding to GK right MV? Hey you haven't responded to the last nest... or was it my turn?
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

Zer0 Kay wrote:I'll stop nesting when you pull that bandwidth hog off the bottom of your posts. :P

Come on, guys, it's called "being polite". Please stop quoting the entire thread like that.

Back to the topic on hand, the CS getting its own solar system in the Three Galaxies would probably be one of the best things that could happen to them.

First, unless they went out of their way to get noticed, or got very unlucky, they could probably develop the entire solar system unmolested, assuming it wasn't already populated (or at least, not populated by anyone advanced enough to call for help).

Second, left in peace to develop, they might just get over their rabid "anti-everything-not-human" stance. This might be even more true if, once they got established, they managed to make non-violent contact with an alien culture. Not everything out there is trying to eat their brains.

Taking a supertechnology spacefleet back to Earth to exterminate the D-Bees from orbit would be possibly the stupidest thing they could do. Gee whiz, lets extinguish millions of sentient lives in an instant! Um... where does all that PPE go? The ley lines? Whoops, Cataclysm Mark II. Oh yeah, there's that nuclear winter thing again, too. I hate that, totally ruins my tan. :lol:
"Then you can simply spead the ground dried corpse bits amongst the plants as needed." - Sir Ysbadden

"There weren't many nukes launched in the apocalypse, so the nuclear winter wasn't that bad." - Killer Cyborg
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Qev wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:I'll stop nesting when you pull that bandwidth hog off the bottom of your posts. :P

Come on, guys, it's called "being polite". Please stop quoting the entire thread like that.

Back to the topic on hand, the CS getting its own solar system in the Three Galaxies would probably be one of the best things that could happen to them.

First, unless they went out of their way to get noticed, or got very unlucky, they could probably develop the entire solar system unmolested, assuming it wasn't already populated (or at least, not populated by anyone advanced enough to call for help).

Second, left in peace to develop, they might just get over their rabid "anti-everything-not-human" stance. This might be even more true if, once they got established, they managed to make non-violent contact with an alien culture. Not everything out there is trying to eat their brains.

Taking a supertechnology spacefleet back to Earth to exterminate the D-Bees from orbit would be possibly the stupidest thing they could do. Gee whiz, lets extinguish millions of sentient lives in an instant! Um... where does all that PPE go? The ley lines? Whoops, Cataclysm Mark II. Oh yeah, there's that nuclear winter thing again, too. I hate that, totally ruins my tan. :lol:
First how is it harming anyone? Someone spraining their middle finger while using a scroll wheel? It's public service :fool: for those who go to the end of a thread instead of reading all the way through it.

Second how is a small group of CS going to take over a solar system? They don't know how to open Rifts and there are no canon permanent Rifts to backwater planets in Phaseworld. The tech base of a group that was accidentally wouldn't include starship construction and likely not even literacy. Not to mention the knowledge to mine for the materials needed to make the ship and power it.

Third if they run into anyone it will be because the 'aliens' come to the world of that these non-spacefaring hicks are stuck on. And what would any CS troop do when they see a ship land... the door drop down and a d-bee steps out? SHOOT IT!!! It's part of their training. If they wouldn't do that then they must have a lot more people go AWOL back on Earth than the books say they do.

Last, How are they going to get that advanced ship? Steal it? Then they have to uh... read to understand the controls. God save us all and let them find the self-destruct button first. Their aircraft don't even break Mach 2 and you think even if they brought a scientist that they could not only build a starship but mine the materials for it and process those materials and shape it? I hope for them that ONE scientist doesn't get killed. Oh and I'm not sure if it they managed to get a ship and managed to get it back home that they'd survive all the orbitals... but if they did, YEAH they'd try to toast all D-bees because it's likely none of them know what happens with PPE when you kill people or what caused the original cataclysm.
KLM
Knight

Top Secret- Must be eaten before read

Unread post by KLM »

CLASSIFIED

Subject: XTC aka Extra-Terrestial Colonisation
and technology-acquiring

To the hands of Joseph Prosek, ministry of propaganda

Dear Joe,

After the our meeting about the subject, my team
of RCSG experts assessed the possibilities. For the
project the following resources and means needed:
- Allocation of skilled personel for psi-corps, to secure
the services of a capable magic-user (furthermore:
Dr. Gates)
- Disguising Dr. Gates as one of our RCSG personnel
- Allocating technically adept personel from psi-corps,
who are capable of deciphering alien devices (telemechanics)
- Recruiting from rangers, for the neccessary military
personels.

(Operation schedule attached, as per agent Dead Boy).

As for my personal opinion, while the plan show promise,
it must be a top secret operation, since it opposes
the official propaganda so sharply. Still, it can be the
last resort of humanity, and while the recent situation
does not suggest it neccessity, events can turn too
quickly, so it might be late by then.

Remember when we talked about the development of
the Sturmvogel, and how it was delayed?

Best wishes:
Dr Gates, RCSG :P

---------
Adios
KLM
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

They would become space pirates. They already have the skull motif.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Hi there!

I guess they will not use the CS regalia,
at least not initially. And unless they got
the big picture terribly wrong (assessing
interstellar situation from Central Alliance
for example), they will refrain from it later
too.

But, of course it is just my point of view,
trying to think in CS way. Hell, it
is a lot easier to storytell them as a bunch
of gun-toting morons. :P

Adios
KLM
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
You know I'm responding to GK right MV? Hey you haven't responded to the last nest... or was it my turn?
mine but i'm going to quit it because there are too many little babies out there who cry about everything

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Top Secret- Must be eaten before read

KLM wrote:CLASSIFIED

Subject: XTC aka Extra-Terrestial Colonisation
and technology-acquiring

To the hands of Joseph Prosek, ministry of propaganda

Dear Joe,

After the our meeting about the subject, my team
of RCSG experts assessed the possibilities. For the
project the following resources and means needed:
- Allocation of skilled personel for psi-corps, to secure
the services of a capable magic-user (furthermore:
Dr. Gates)
- Disguising Dr. Gates as one of our RCSG personnel
- Allocating technically adept personel from psi-corps,
who are capable of deciphering alien devices (telemechanics)
- Recruiting from rangers, for the neccessary military
personels.

(Operation schedule attached, as per agent Dead Boy).

As for my personal opinion, while the plan show promise,
it must be a top secret operation, since it opposes
the official propaganda so sharply. Still, it can be the
last resort of humanity, and while the recent situation
does not suggest it neccessity, events can turn too
quickly, so it might be late by then.

Remember when we talked about the development of
the Sturmvogel, and how it was delayed?

Best wishes:
Dr Gates, RCSG :P

---------
Adios
KLM

Could work but where are they going to find a mage that is willing to work for them that they know about? Not to mention the mage would have to know about where he's going first unless it's a random Rifts which is more likely to land them in trouble then not.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

RockJock wrote:They would become space pirates. They already have the skull motif.
Oh No Capt Hartluck and the Queen of Two Decades :D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
mine but i'm going to quit it because there are too many little babies out there who cry about everything
:cry: Now I'm crying because there more important to you. :fool: :badbad: Now I shall lecture them on freedom of speech and how they are infringing on my rights and how nesting harms them in no way unless they have an extrememly low constitution and are spraining their fingers when using the scroll wheel :nh: :rolleyes: now I am listening to their reasons :frust:
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Hi there!

Could work but where are they going to find a mage that is willing to work for them that they know about? Not to mention the mage would have to know about where he's going first unless it's a random Rifts which is more likely to land them in trouble then not.

That is why the psikers are needed. Plus the old style
sex+greed coctail, that every secret service seems to
use.

Plus Clairvoyance on the brave new world.

Adios
KLM
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

That is why the psikers are needed. Plus the old style
sex+greed coctail, that every secret service seems to
use.

Plus Clairvoyance on the brave new world.

Adios
KLM
Well if they can find one whose that weak willed then I hope they are taking along the sex kitten but there might be something better on the planet. I'm assuming that you mean Clairvoyance to find the brave new world. Now that psycher has to figure out how to impart those limited images to a mage for the mage to teleport there with that limited knowledge... hope they don't end up in the planet. :nh: :D
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
:cry: Now I'm crying because there more important to you. :fool: :badbad: Now I shall lecture them on freedom of speech and how they are infringing on my rights and how nesting harms them in no way unless they have an extrememly low constitution and are spraining their fingers when using the scroll wheel :nh: :rolleyes: now I am listening to their reasons :frust:
:lol: :lol:

KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Hi there!

Do I have to provide all details? :P

Call agent 007 and find the suitable subject
from our mercenary files.

As for the planet to be colonised, let Dr Gates
find the coordinates, and our personel to assess
the future events by psionic means. Plus whatever
you deem neccessary, from quarantine measures
to the supply of toilet paper neccessary.

To hell with puny details... :P

Adios
KLM
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Glad you enjoyed that. OH NO WE'RE STARTING A NEW NEST... DIVE FOR COVER!! :D
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
no i'm not joining in a new nest, i'm just repling to your comment

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Oh well in that case... what is this thread about??? OH yeah I think the CS members could survive on a friendly world but unless they were specifically sent to the Phaseworld Dimension with the intention of developing into a viable spacefaring colony and happended to be on that same friendly world they wouldn't have a chance of expanding. Not to mention it would probably be after The Joe Joe was dead before they became viable anyway.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Oh well in that case... what is this thread about??? OH yeah I think the CS members could survive on a friendly world but unless they were specifically sent to the Phaseworld Dimension with the intention of developing into a viable spacefaring colony and happended to be on that same friendly world they wouldn't have a chance of expanding. Not to mention it would probably be after The Joe Joe was dead before they became viable anyway.

I agree with you, but there are alot of factors that come into play,
Who is leading the Coalition Troops,
how the commander handles being transported,
what planet they are placed on,
how well the commander can control his troops under this type of stress, and the list goes on

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

how well the commander can control his troops under this type of stress, and the list goes on
Oh no kidding so many varriable that I'd say if for everydecision one make there is an alternate reality that there would be at least 100,000 just from this little outing.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Oh no kidding so many varriable that I'd say if for everydecision one make there is an alternate reality that there would be at least 100,000 just from this little outing.
think the biggest problem people dont think about the Coalition is the high command, once they are no longer a factor( being in another Dimension let's say)then the commander is free to try different ways, within reason

dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

WHAT? How care you make any such statment? You intrude on these men...no...scholars who bout with great wisdom about CS and Phase world, and ask them to stop nesting. Who are you to ask them to stop? After all, the point of a debate is to try to one up each other, not get you're point across to the people who could possibly be swayed by such arguments. No, heaven's no. Get out of my sight...you make me sick.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Dark Brandon wrote:

WHAT? How care you make any such statment? You intrude on these men...no...scholars who bout with great wisdom about CS and Phase world, and ask them to stop nesting. Who are you to ask them to stop? After all, the point of a debate is to try to one up each other, not get you're point across to the people who could possibly be swayed by such arguments. No, heaven's no. Get out of my sight...you make me sick.
yeah yeah no comments from the peanut gallery :P

Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

Most likely the division would have been rifted accidentally. The CS has enough problems on Earth without worrying about extradimensional colonies.

I think in order to survive they are going to HAVE to lose most of their CS conditioning. They could try to attach themselves to any one of the numerous merc groups that exist in the 3 galaxies (if they have access to an advenced galactic society so that they could actually find out about such groups - if not they are likey marooned on whatever dirtball they pop out on).

There is no way in hell a single CS Division could amount to anything more than a curiosity in the 3 Galaxies. If they don't "lay low" they would be annihilated before they could become a serious threat to anyone save the most backwater of worlds. I mean - even a world equal to our modern 21st century earth can repel a single CS Division - even if it means expending a single tactical nuke against the "alien invasion".

In short - the CS travellers would have to adapt or die, and the latter seems most likely if they pursue any scemes in the name of the CS.
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Cardiac wrote:Most likely the division would have been rifted accidentally. The CS has enough problems on Earth without worrying about extradimensional colonies.

I think in order to survive they are going to HAVE to lose most of their CS conditioning. They could try to attach themselves to any one of the numerous merc groups that exist in the 3 galaxies (if they have access to an advenced galactic society so that they could actually find out about such groups - if not they are likey marooned on whatever dirtball they pop out on).

There is no way in hell a single CS Division could amount to anything more than a curiosity in the 3 Galaxies. If they don't "lay low" they would be annihilated before they could become a serious threat to anyone save the most backwater of worlds. I mean - even a world equal to our modern 21st century earth can repel a single CS Division - even if it means expending a single tactical nuke against the "alien invasion".

In short - the CS travellers would have to adapt or die, and the latter seems most likely if they pursue any scemes in the name of the CS.
Agreed.

Away from the constant Brainwashing, it is HIGHLY unlikely that the CS in Space would maintain their xenophobic fervor.

Give 'em two or three Generations -maybe only one Generation if they come across the Intruders or the Necron and learn what Xenophobia is REALLY about; and have to get their collective Butts saved by the CCW..........
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

cornholioprime wrote:
Cardiac wrote:Most likely the division would have been rifted accidentally. The CS has enough problems on Earth without worrying about extradimensional colonies.

Agreed.

Away from the constant Brainwashing, it is HIGHLY unlikely that the CS in Space would maintain their xenophobic fervor.

Give 'em two or three Generations -maybe only one Generation if they come across the Intruders or the Necron and learn what Xenophobia is REALLY about; and have to get their collective Butts saved by the CCW..........
or a handful of them turn into cosmo-knights

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Do I have to provide all details? :P

Call agent 007 and find the suitable subject
from our mercenary files.

the future events by psionic means. Plus whatever
you deem neccessary, from quarantine measures
to the supply of toilet paper neccessary.

To hell with puny details... :P

Adios
KLM
Well lets see Clairavoyance is fairly useless in this situation. You can't relate enough information to a mage in order to have him D-port there. The information is so sketchy that even if you able to narrow down what Rift to go through you probably won't know when. Psychics can't choose to have a specific clairavoyant image it is all determined by the GM. If you are the GM then who cares if you want it to happen it happens. Realisticly as I said though visions are too sketchy.

The amount of TP is really important... for example exactly how many 12 pack is requried to cover Chi-Town and if double rolls are really double do you only have to purchase 1/2 the estimated number of packs or was the initial estimation made with the assumption of using double rolls, in which case was that length rolls or double ply? :P
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Hi there!

Zer0 Kay wrote:
KLM wrote:
the future events by psionic means.

Well lets see Clairavoyance is fairly useless in this situation. You can't relate enough information to a mage in order to have him D-port there.

Not really.

I would let "dr. Gates" open the portal, send in a
probe (probably a Dyna-bot or two), let them conduct
a short recon (like a minute or two) and then let
their records be seen by psi-corps personell, and
order them to perform Clairvoyance on that place.

Independently.

Then report it.

Then file it, searching for matches.

Oh, and before I would start this whole proect
I will watch the SG series (which is long overdue
anyway) :P

Adios
KLM

ps.: I do not know much about the Vanguard, but
they might have done something like this already...
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zer0 Kay wrote:
KLM wrote:
the future events by psionic means.

Well lets see Clairavoyance is fairly useless in this situation. You can't relate enough information to a mage in order to have him D-port there.

Not really.

I would let "dr. Gates" open the portal, send in a
probe (probably a Dyna-bot or two), let them conduct
a short recon (like a minute or two) and then let
their records be seen by psi-corps personell, and
order them to perform Clairvoyance on that place.

Independently.

Then report it.

Then file it, searching for matches.

Oh, and before I would start this whole proect
I will watch the SG series (which is long overdue
anyway) :P

Adios
KLM

ps.: I do not know much about the Vanguard, but
they might have done something like this already...

1) Since when does the CS use Dyna-Bots?
2) More likely thinking Object read not Clairavoyance as clairavoyance is still too vague. And like other prophetic sources of our past can easily be mis tranlated.
3) :thwak: don't stick your tounge out at me.
4) If there at a random Rift, who cares if they send scouts thorugh first it'll change before they get back.
5) There is no way a short scouting trip will be able to determine if your going to be able to be safe on the planet.
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Hi there!

1, Since they do not want to stick out the Jolly Roger
stating "WE claim this land for humanity and will
kick D-Bee bottoms". But you are right, I wanted
the best recon hardware on the market - and it will
most certainly be some NE spy-drones.
It is the most easily deniable piece of equipment in the
Metaverse, ain't it?
Anyway, one can see NE hardware used by CS troops the CWC
and in the SoT books. Triax hardware used by the Adam Chilson
books...
And finally, it is just easier to assign this project some
loot and contraband, both as a deniable operation and
both as sparing resources.

2, Right. Conduct those experiments too.
But maybe if several psi sensitives concentrate
on the same thing, we can make out something
usefull of it.

3, :ok:

4, No random RIFT - they will not start before they
can confirm that a RIFT can be opened with reasonable
safety, anytime (and this alone might kill the project, true).
But again - they might know, that Atlantis, Tolkeen, NE
are conducting relatively safe extradimensional trade.

Hmmm.... How NE travels? Do they have a Stargate-like
device? What is the CS get one of those? Ideas, ideas, ideas...

5, Right. But again, first drones, then RCSG-1 :fool:
then a platoon, then... At least, they will know, that there is
a breathable athmosphere, without much harmfull germs.
Or a barren planet, with acceptable level of radiation...
Or they can start again on a more friendly planet.

Adios
KLM
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

1, Since they do not want to stick out the Jolly Roger
stating "WE claim this land for humanity and will
kick D-Bee bottoms". But you are right, I wanted
the best recon hardware on the market - and it will
most certainly be some NE spy-drones.
It is the most easily deniable piece of equipment in the
Metaverse, ain't it?
Anyway, one can see NE hardware used by CS troops the CWC
and in the SoT books. Triax hardware used by the Adam Chilson
books...
And finally, it is just easier to assign this project some
loot and contraband, both as a deniable operation and
both as sparing resources.
The majority of Phaseworld don't know or care about the CS so seeing skelebots wouldn't matter. Seeing NE equipment in a territory that is not friendly to NE could find the CS in more trouble than using CS stuff. Novels aren't canon.

2, Right. Conduct those experiments too.
But maybe if several psi sensitives concentrate
on the same thing, we can make out something
usefull of it.
MAYBE

3, :ok:

4, No random RIFT - they will not start before they
can confirm that a RIFT can be opened with reasonable
safety, anytime (and this alone might kill the project, true).
But again - they might know, that Atlantis, Tolkeen, NE
are conducting relatively safe extradimensional trade.

Hmmm.... How NE travels? Do they have a Stargate-like
device? What is the CS get one of those? Ideas, ideas, ideas...
ok... sure, if the NE do use a stargate type thing I'm sure it's also rigged to blow if someone tampers with it. Don't forget the -10% on skills when dealing with alien equipment.

5, Right. But again, first drones, then RCSG-1 :fool:
then a platoon, then... At least, they will know, that there is
a breathable athmosphere, without much harmfull germs.
Or a barren planet, with acceptable level of radiation...
Or they can start again on a more friendly planet.

After which their nuked from orbit
:D
Adios
KLM

Return to “Rifts®”