Is ther Sexism in the C.S?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Kalinda wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Kalinda wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
psionicninja2000 wrote:
MrNexx wrote:
Ziggy78eog wrote:I highly doubt it see as one of the highest ranking generals in the CS Army is a woman. General Cashbrook I believe.

Bah. She's a token. Everyone knows the REAL work of the Army is done by old white men. ;-)

Too many nasty comments to make about this statement and so little time...
Anyway, I can see Uncle Karl quite easily making posters promoting the traditional values of womanhood, kitchen, children, and church (or whatever passes as such in the CS) and writing up a absurd number of edicts that give incentives for large families. Hey, it worked for his idol Adolf Hitler...
:nh: and just like the three 'R's Reading, Riting :D and R-itmatic they'd call it the three 'K's (oh god... :oops: I just thought of how that could be taken so terribly bad. I am so sorry. I shall now self-flagellate self-:thwak:. I shall however finish my thought in the innocent facetious gesture towards the U.S. education system as it was intended. But now I feel so... so dirty) :( any way the 3 'K's of Karl. I must go bathe now :-?

"Kirche, Kueche, Kinder"
Are you actually trying to make me feel better Kalinda? :D Thanks for not bitting me :D You do know I was refering to Kitchen, Khildren and Khurch (:lol: they seem even funnier written down) right.

Yes, I was trying to make you feel better, or at least show others that you're not a complete raving nutcase.(yeah yeah I know, lost cause...) :lol:

Mainly I thought it was a good link that showed the nazi attitude toward women and might be relevant to the thread.
Hey! I'm sane everyone else (who doesn't play RPGs) is crazy :D You know what the sad thing is? I didn't notice it was a link and since I didn't know it was German, I didn't even realize... wow what a coincidence that it just happened to be 3 Ks in German, I just figured it would be the stupidest link to the U.S.'s 3 Rs with Kitchen, Khildren and Khurch (almost sounds like a law firm if pronounced correctly :nh: :D) Gee maybe subconciously I know German (yeah German chocolate, German Cars and German Leaders :thwak: there I save you some time :D)
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Kalinda wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Kalinda wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
psionicninja2000 wrote:
MrNexx wrote:
Ziggy78eog wrote:I highly doubt it see as one of the highest ranking generals in the CS Army is a woman. General Cashbrook I believe.

Bah. She's a token. Everyone knows the REAL work of the Army is done by old white men. ;-)

Anyway, I can see Uncle Karl quite easily making posters promoting the traditional values of womanhood, kitchen, children, and church (or whatever passes as such in the CS) and writing up a absurd number of edicts that give incentives for large families. Hey, it worked for his idol Adolf Hitler...
:nh: and just like the three 'R's Reading, Riting :D and R-itmatic they'd call it the three 'K's (oh god... :oops: I just thought of how that could be taken so terribly bad. I am so sorry. I shall now self-flagellate self-:thwak:. I shall however finish my thought in the innocent facetious gesture towards the U.S. education system as it was intended. But now I feel so... so dirty) :( any way the 3 'K's of Karl. I must go bathe now :-?

"Kirche, Kueche, Kinder"
Are you actually trying to make me feel better Kalinda? :D Thanks for not bitting me :D You do know I was refering to Kitchen, Khildren and Khurch (:lol: they seem even funnier written down) right.

Yes, I was trying to make you feel better, or at least show others that you're not a complete raving nutcase.(yeah yeah I know, lost cause...) :lol:

Mainly I thought it was a good link that showed the nazi attitude toward women and might be relevant to the thread.
Hey! I'm sane everyone else (who doesn't play RPGs) is crazy :D You know what the sad thing is? I didn't notice it was a link and since I didn't know it was German, I didn't even realize... wow what a coincidence that it just happened to be 3 Ks in German, I just figured it would be the stupidest link to the U.S.'s 3 Rs with Kitchen, Khildren and Khurch (almost sounds like a law firm if pronounced correctly :nh: :D) Gee maybe subconciously I know German (yeah German chocolate, German Cars and German Leaders :thwak: there I save you some time :D)

You probably heard it somewhere and subconsciously recalled it. It's a sad fact that our brains often know more then we do...
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Kalinda wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Kalinda wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Kalinda wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
psionicninja2000 wrote:
MrNexx wrote:

"Kirche, Kueche, Kinder"

You probably heard it somewhere and subconsciously recalled it. It's a sad fact that our brains often know more then we do...
:lol: I know there is one psychology theory that all children are born with all the knowledge in the universe but no way to access it. As they start to learn stuff the neuron pathways are strengthened and essentially become what that person knows. But I've never heard it before. As I said I was just trying to make fun of our education system's 3 Rs (of wich only one begins with an R) by making an equally silly 3 Ks (of wich only one would have a K... otherwise the CS would be one up if it was the 3Cs as there are at least two words that begin with C) I wouldn't consider actually trying to be correct as that wouldn't really be funny... who'd know I'd be correct for once :D (uh... that was a joke :P)
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Isn't that sweet so how many of the ruling body are female... you know the people who actually make the laws?

What am I invisible?

I pointed that out two pages ago and gave references of actual writings for this thread but no one seemed to have read it.

I mean I know I am not the most consistant when it comes to actually contributing to a topic but sheesh. :-D
we forgive you pox - Lord Cherico
You mah main Damie, Pox - el magico -- darklorddc
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Pox wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Isn't that sweet so how many of the ruling body are female... you know the people who actually make the laws?

What am I invisible?

I pointed that out two pages ago and gave references of actual writings for this thread but no one seemed to have read it.

I mean I know I am not the most consistant when it comes to actually contributing to a topic but sheesh. :-D

:shock: Who the hell are you and where did you come from!! Dang I didn't see you come up behind me :D I agree with you non-sexist but pragmatic. Survival by production and defense need to find a balance. So how large is the Karl's counsil? and how seriously does he take their suggestions when he doesn't even listen to his wife, who he 'loves'?

Where'd you go now? :D
Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

Well in CWC page 36 it says that the Emporer relies on his council of 12 quite a bit when it comes to fields of study that he himself is not as proficient in as he would like to be...he is only human after all. :-D

In matters of war, he goes to his generals and so on...

And as far as Lady Prosek is concerned she might have his heart, but not his ear when it comes to making the right decision for his people.

I personally think the fact that he didn't risk war in order to save her doesn't show him as heartless but illustrating his resolve to protect humanity.

I can't find the parts in the books when it talks about her rescue...I'm so annoyed about that. :frust:
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

In my game, the CS has passed sexism and racism against other humans.
If you're able to carry a gun and fight for them, and you're human, they'll let you sign up with no problem.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Killer Cyborg wrote:In my game, the CS has passed sexism and racism against other humans.
If you're able to carry a gun and fight for them, and you're human, they'll let you sign up with no problem.

Racism was not a problem on the Discworld, because -- what with trolls and dwarfs and so on -- speciesism was more interesting. Black and white lived in perfect harmony and ganged up on green.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad)
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Kalinda wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:In my game, the CS has passed sexism and racism against other humans.

Racism was not a problem on the Discworld, because -- what with trolls and dwarfs and so on -- speciesism was more interesting. Black and white lived in perfect harmony and ganged up on green.

:ok:
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Kalinda wrote:

:lol:
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Not reading any of the other posts all I have to say is; Why would a racist, military dictatorship have any use for mere sexism, I mean really they are the "new" American Empires army and the Good Ol' US Armed Forces have NEVER allowed sexism in their ranks.

(can you feel the sarcasm)

Of course they have sexism, as well as the (slim) probability of a certain amount of human racism still lingering, they are only human after all, complete with all the same foibles and idiosyncracies that make us what we are.

Then again its your game world so if you want them to be as politically correct, regarding humans, as Star Treks Federation then so be it.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Tyciol wrote:
jedi078 wrote:If the CS can create dog boys they could possibly create/clone normal humans if not genetically enhanced humans.
Been done. See Psi-X aliens and exceptional human traits for mutated humans under Lone Star.

Similarly everyone, look at the military commander of Lone Star.

There is no sexism in the CS.

I've always viewed it to be a lot like Starship Troopers, except that it's monarchial (as long as the royal family stays strong and in the military) and that mages are seen as siding with the aliens. I bet the men and women bathe together. There's no evidence to the contrary.

Also, on the three letters route in english on those three mentioned subjects...

Baking, Babies, Bibles
Cooking, Children, Church
Dishes, Diapers, Deuteronomy
Kitchen, Kids, Kindness
Noodles, Nooky, Nuns
Oven, Offspring, Omens
Pots, Peewees, Prayer
Stove, Sex, Submission
Tablesetting, Tots, Temple
The other reason I had done the three K's of Karl is because Karls name starts with a... 'K' not that any average Joe Grunt would know that :D
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

i got the answer why the coalition is so evil, Lady Prosek was the power behind the throne much like hillary was in the 90's until she was kidnapped, its explains soo much

karl and jojo protection of lady prosek, erin tarn hate of the proseks and much more
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mech-Viper wrote:i got the answer why the coalition is so evil, Lady Prosek was the power behind the throne much like hillary was in the 90's until she was kidnapped, its explains soo much

karl and jojo protection of lady prosek, erin tarn hate of the proseks and much more

:shock: so are you saying Lady Prosek is evil? Or it turned evil after she was kidnapped? The later wouldn't make sense though because it was already anti-everything but humans before that and the latter doesn't make sense because it is written that she had other opinions after the cyber-knights rescued her.
Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:i got the answer why the coalition is so evil, Lady Prosek was the power behind the throne much like hillary was in the 90's until she was kidnapped, its explains soo much

:shock: so are you saying Lady Prosek is evil? Or it turned evil after she was kidnapped? The later wouldn't make sense though because it was already anti-everything but humans before that and the latter doesn't make sense because it is written that she had other opinions after the cyber-knights rescued her.

I just think he was making a social commentary about Clinton's presidency and how people joked that Hillary was the real power in the White House.

am I right MV?
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Racism and sexism are pretty much nonexistant, in my opinion. Any segregation, persecution, or discrimination is focused on and centered around D-bees and magic users.

agreed.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Zer0 Kay wrote:

before she was kidnapped
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Pox wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

I just think he was making a social commentary about Clinton's presidency and how people joked that Hillary was the real power in the White House.

am I right MV?
maybe , maybe not...... just my continuing rant on how evil is erin tarn bit

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mech-Viper wrote:
Pox wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

am I right MV?

Now your not a flip-flopin like a certain ex-presedential hopeful are ya? :D hey by the way I'm PCSing back home (Anchorage, AK or rather Elmendorf, AK... same thing). To bad I won't be any closer to most of you guys... hey anyone in Anch, AK or Eagle River?)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

before she was kidnapped
So your saying anyone who doesn't just like pure-bred humans is just evil? :P
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Pox wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

am I right MV?

Now your not a flip-flopin like a certain ex-presedential hopeful are ya? :D hey by the way I'm PCSing back home (Anchorage, AK or rather Elmendorf, AK... same thing). To bad I won't be any closer to most of you guys... hey anyone in Anch, AK or Eagle River?)
need to work on getting transferred to maryland.

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

before she was kidnapped
not just erin tarn is evil, for some reason i just dont trust her

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Pox wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

am I right MV?

need to work on getting transferred to maryland.
Good luck... Don't play with ARCHIE too much :D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

before she was kidnapped
not just erin tarn is evil, for some reason i just dont trust her
Kind of hard to trust the woman who broke KP's heart :lol:

Return to “Rifts®”