Help a Busy Josh Out!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Help a Busy Josh Out!

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Okay, I've been really busy recently.

Now, although I am really busy, I plan to GM again soon.

Could somebody help me out with the following:

I want to make a TW device that uses a spray bottle (you know, the kind you use to clean windows, etc.). The desired effect will be to spray a corpse (or corpses) and have the corpse be animated via "Greater Animate Dead" (Necro-Magic).

Now, I don't have enough time to wrap my head around the TW creation rules in R:UE yet, so, anyone that is good with the TW Creation rules could you please:

1. Tell me if this is possible?

2. Figure it out for me and post the creation stats (as if made by a 5th level TW)?

If someone can do this, I'll be most appreciative,

Thanks.

~ Josh
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Help a Busy Josh Out!

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Okay, I've been really busy recently.

Now, although I am really busy, I plan to GM again soon.

Could somebody help me out with the following:

I want to make a TW device that uses a spray bottle (you know, the kind you use to clean windows, etc.). The desired effect will be to spray a corpse (or corpses) and have the corpse be animated via "Greater Animate Dead" (Necro-Magic).

Now, I don't have enough time to wrap my head around the TW creation rules in R:UE yet, so, anyone that is good with the TW Creation rules could you please:

1. Tell me if this is possible?

2. Figure it out for me and post the creation stats (as if made by a 5th level TW)?

If someone can do this, I'll be most appreciative,

Thanks.

~ Josh

It's possible by Ultimate Rifts. I'll see if I can't whip up the stats using the offical rules...
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

My internal make-sense-o-meter is going off. I'm thinking that a spray bottle isn't "techno" enough to easily translate to TW, and that magical clouds of stuff sounds a bit more like alchemy to me than TW.

Just a thought.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Jason Richards wrote:My internal make-sense-o-meter is going off. I'm thinking that a spray bottle isn't "techno" enough to easily translate to TW, and that magical clouds of stuff sounds a bit more like alchemy to me than TW.

Just a thought.

A thought I agree with.

Furthermore, although I don't believe the rules get into this, I generally rule that the more powerful the spell, the bigger the TW device has to be.
TW Spray bottle, no.
TW Embalming Table, yes.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Jason Richards wrote:My internal make-sense-o-meter is going off. I'm thinking that a spray bottle isn't "techno" enough to easily translate to TW, and that magical clouds of stuff sounds a bit more like alchemy to me than TW.

Just a thought.

Agreed.

But, a remote control would work, with a TW implant type thing
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

TW nanotech injector.

Having a cemetary or battlefiled irrigated by the
original idea is scary.

Adios
KLM
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

EWW, combine that idea with the TW rain flare. :-?

Add recent battlefeild or not to old graveyard. :shock:

I'm thinking scene from Return of the Living Dead. :?
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Jason Richards

Remote control with some sort of device on the corpse... that would work.

Power washers/sprayers would be better, but you still are making some sort of magical cloud of mist, which I don't know that TW is really designed to create.

TW nano-tech would not likely work. The amount of P.P.E. and the time that would be required to make a single nano-machine would be insane.

I can see a defibrilator bringing the corpse back to life, but I don't see how it would help you to control it.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

1. It isn't possible. As per the books, Techno-Wizards & Mystics will never learn Necro magic.

2. That aside, the nano-injector one of the best suggestions I've seen. Remember, it doesn't have to actually inject nanites into the bodies, it just has to be a focus device for the spell.

Edit: I was going to suggest a defibrillator, but I see that Jason (Edit: Oops, Wolfe beat Jason to it) beat me to it. :D That would be my suggestion for a TW item that raises the dead, if one were to exist.
Last edited by Danger on Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

Wait, wouldn't animate dead TW devices all require large knife switches, Jacob's ladders, thunderstorms, and maniacal laughter? :lol:
"Then you can simply spead the ground dried corpse bits amongst the plants as needed." - Sir Ysbadden

"There weren't many nukes launched in the apocalypse, so the nuclear winter wasn't that bad." - Killer Cyborg
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Qev wrote:Wait, wouldn't animate dead TW devices all require large knife switches, Jacob's ladders, thunderstorms, and maniacal laughter? :lol:

:ok:

Followed by cries of "It's alive, IT'S ALIVE!!!"
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

You cant forget the decrepid lackey. 8)
"A little Rebellion now and then is a good thing." Thomas Jefferson
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
"I immediately regret this decision."- Jack Hare
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Danger wrote:1. It isn't possible. As per the books, Techno-Wizards & Mystics will never learn Necro magic.

They don't have to. Ultimate Rifts allows them to work with necromancers to enchant items, it just costs more PPE to make.

actually it even specified that Necromancy spells require Jade and Ivory gems.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Just a thought.

it's more techno than a sword handle. don't worry about it 8-)

Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Danger wrote:1. It isn't possible. As per the books, Techno-Wizards & Mystics will never learn Necro magic.

They don't have to. Ultimate Rifts allows them to work with necromancers to enchant items, it just costs more PPE to make.

This is true, Josh's posting made it sound as if the Techno-Wizard were doing this all on a solo basis. Yes, he could have a Necro partner. Or a Necromancer could have hired a Techno-Wizard to make the item for him.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Make it out of a super soaker for better range. :D

And call it the "Reanimation Rifle" :lol:
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Just a thought.

There's TW water pistols which operate on the same principal as....spray bottles.

Enough said.

~ Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh

Danger wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

This is true, Josh's posting made it sound as if the Techno-Wizard were doing this all on a solo basis. Yes, he could have a Necro partner. Or a Necromancer could have hired a Techno-Wizard to make the item for him.

That's my idea. Should have elaborated on that in the original post.

~ Josh
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Danger wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

That's my idea. Should have elaborated on that in the original post.

~ Josh

Sorry, I was coming off of a weekend during which I had a multiple hour argument about whether or not Techno-Wizards could use Necromancy. :oops:
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

How about a TW Coffin? :D

Place body inside, the mage casts the spell/spends the PPE, and...

"Rise..."
Jason Richards

Hey, TW water weapons aren't simple plastic squirt guns, and they don't enchant liquid. There is no indication that a TW water weapon is anything but a machine in the finest TW tradition. Don't get it confused with the little toy things also statted out in that section.

Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

Jason Richards wrote:Hey, TW water weapons aren't simple plastic squirt guns, and they don't enchant liquid. There is no indication that a TW water weapon is anything but a machine in the finest TW tradition. Don't get it confused with the little toy things also statted out in that section.

I was always under the impression that the TW squirtguns were the 'mechanized' squirtguns such as we have today, just converted.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Danger wrote:How about a TW Coffin? :D

"Rise..."
My Apprentice. OK Palpy.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Danger wrote:How about a TW Coffin? :D

"Rise..."
My Apprentice. OK Palpy.

I was waiting for someone to catch that. :D
Josh Sinsapaugh

Jason Richards wrote:Hey, TW water weapons aren't simple plastic squirt guns, and they don't enchant liquid. There is no indication that a TW water weapon is anything but a machine in the finest TW tradition. Don't get it confused with the little toy things also statted out in that section.

Even then, as Nekira pointed out, a squirt gun is alot more technologically advanced than a sword hilt.

And I'll also add a strip of metal (Wing Board) to that, also.

~ Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh

wolfe wrote:yeah, I was wondering what the whole 'wasn't techno enough' for it was about..

Just not quite picturing the squirt gun raising the dead part though.
doesn't quite fit the part to me, but ah well that's techno wizardry for ya.

Squirt gun?

I'm talking about using a spray bottle.

And for the people that are (falsely) lamenting "it is not techno enough" (despite sword hilt and strips of metal, not to forget frying pans, duct tape, etc.), make it a power washer.

~ Josh

Return to “Rifts®”