Psi-Stalker Training?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Here are a couple of possibilities.

The ability to become a Psi-Stalker was put in human genetics by the True Atlanteans after their fall from grace to help earth in the future.

Psi-Stalkers arose do to the unique magical energy after the coming of the Rifts.

Any SDC race can become a Psi-Stalker under the right circumstances, but those circumstances are very rare in nature.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

imo

if there is a magic rich world somewhere in the megaverse, there is no reason why psistalkers wouldn't arise on it, whatever the dominant species is.

i tend to go with the humans were dominant species on earth when the leylines erupted, which caused the psistalker mutation.

so if the world had been dominated by gromek, they would have gone through the psistalker mutation

could a sensitive pshyic be trained to be a psistalker? if you follow the logic a psislayer is a trained psistalker.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Re: Psi-Stalker Training?

Unread post by dark brandon »

DJ Shirow wrote:This question has been touched up in other posts, but I thought I would bring the full discussion out; why can only humans become Psi-Stalkers?

my theory:

When the ley lines errupted, they mutated a gene in the human body. It wasn't the magic lines that changed them, it was the explotion of magic that released it that did it. After a few Generations, the genes became dominant and prolific enough to create what we now know as psi-stalkers.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

DJ Shirow wrote:This question has been touched up in other posts, but I thought I would bring the full discussion out; why can only humans become Psi-Stalkers?

Just the right circumstances and 'genes' really. Out of all the mammals known on this planet there is only one species that is poisonous and it's the Male Platypus. You'd think venom would be a useful trait in other mammals but it's just not one that selective pressure has caused to be expressed and it's the same thing with Psi-Stalkers. From how they describe it no other planet has had the same Chaotic levels of magic and then continued level of high magical energy that Rifts Earth had. Plus let's be honest Kevin wanted them to just be humans so that's all they books say they can be. :p

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Mudang
Adventurer
Comment: life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

Unread post by Mudang »

Psi-stalkers are a subrace of humans, and only humans.
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

who says they are only human? rifts main book 2nd printing page 104 the character can be a human or d-bee or a mutoid. \
Mudang
Adventurer
Comment: life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

Unread post by Mudang »

finn69 wrote:who says they are only human? rifts main book 2nd printing page 104 the character can be a human or d-bee or a mutoid. \

Page 108 of world book 23 says that psi-stalkers are mutant humans. And it also refers to them as a race unto themselves.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Which question are you asking?

or

DJ Shirow wrote:I am just wondering why, in all the vastness of the megaverse, only humans can become Psi-Slayers?

Or are you asking both?
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”