Scraypers?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nxla666
Champion

Scraypers?

Unread post by Nxla666 »

I was going through my collection of books and realized that I didn't have that one :shock: , is it worth it?
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

It's a pretty darn interesting read, so I'd say yes. Plus it has super powers. :D
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Danger wrote:It's a pretty darn interesting read, so I'd say yes. Plus it has super powers. :D

Not a big fan of super powers, hell my favorite super hero is Batman.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Personally, I found it useless.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

IF you are into Aliens tha are aliens and not Humans with poionty ears or blue fur, the you MUSt buy this book.
YOu can just INGORE the superpowered stuff.....
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Skraypers is good on many levels.
It's primarilly for HU2, but easilly adaptible for Rifts. If you're going interstellar or near-dimensional with your group, Skraypers is a good starting point. It's also an excellent source for bringing in different RCCs & NPCs.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

it's cool because it has MDC AND SDC for everything, so you can pick your poison if you don't like MDC.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Guess I will give it a shot, one of my PCs is asking about super-powers anyway.

And thanks for the input.
VooDu
Explorer

Unread post by VooDu »

Great for the super powers. The world is pretty well developed also. You can just use this book and world if you wanted to (I wouldn't, I like lots of books :D ). It also has ties w/ the Atlanteans from Rifts.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: Scraypers?

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Nxla666 wrote:I was going through my collection of books and realized that I didn't have that one :shock: , is it worth it?
It is essentially a non-Magic powered subset of the Three Galaxies setting.

Virtually no Magic or Psionics, just Superpowers.

Judge for yourself from there.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Mudang
Adventurer
Comment: life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

Unread post by Mudang »

cornholioprime wrote:Virtually no Magic or Psionics, just Superpowers.

There are quite a few psionic RCCs and races presented in Skraypers.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

gadrin wrote:
Mindcrime wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:Virtually no Magic or Psionics, just Superpowers.

There are quite a few psionic RCCs and races presented in Skraypers.

yeah, the Rithe and Glinerach to name a pair of very powerful uber-mind melter types.
Let me amend myself.

Virtually no MAGIC.

There ya go......
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

I just recently got this one my self and I love it I like the fact that it is set up for both Rifts and HU and you can don't have to use the Super powers if you don't want to but they kinda make it interesting.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Dr. Hellstromme wrote:IMO this one went a bit too far on the "unrealistic background" theme. I mean 7 planets plus a big moon, and 6 of them has indigenous sentient life.

Just because it is unknown in our Dimension/Universe does not make in unrealistic. Remember, certain natral laws are different in other dimensions.

Anyways, I think Skrayers is a great Dimension Book, but it should stand on its own. I.e. no Three Galaxies (using it for Hu2 is fine by me).

As far as I am concerned Skraypers is its own dimension.

Just take a look at the Tandori. They are supposed to live hundreds of thousands light years away....a distance that would place them outside of the Three Galaxies (despite that the book says that they live in the Corskscrew Galaxy...and that would take a looooong time using standard FTL propulsion.

~ Josh
Marcethus
Champion

Well the Tandori don't have to use "standard" FTL systems what if they some sort of Fold drive or wormhole system?
Or some other system altogether. It could be explained any number of ways depending on how the GM wants to explain it. If the players ever get around to figuring it out.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Marcethus wrote:Well the Tandori don't have to use "standard" FTL systems what if they some sort of Fold drive or wormhole system?
Or some other system altogether. It could be explained any number of ways depending on how the GM wants to explain it. If the players ever get around to figuring it out.

Fold Drives do not work well (if at all) in the Three Galaxies Dimension. So, if Skraypers is in the Three Galaxies, the Tandori would not be using a Fold Drive.

Still, regardless of their travel, their distance places them way outside of the Corkscrew Galaxy.

One of the many reasons that I believe Skrayper's should should be its own Dimension setting, not a tak on to Phase World/Three Galaxies.

~ Josh
Marcethus
Champion

the Fold Drives of the REF do not work very well but I know the Genesplicers and the Intruders both use different fold drives than the REF/Robotech forces they work fine (for some reason could be they use a different type of drive of just that infamous Palladium Logic again)
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

In regards to J's comments, I'll just say that I dislike how Palladium deals w/FTL in general.
(I prefer tp just give everyone "Star Drives" or "HyperDrives" or "FTL Engine" Or what not)
But my main beef is the speeds(way too Slow).
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”