The Rifts™ Difiicult/Weird Questions Thread

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Lenwen wrote:So if they cast like Carpet of adhesion upon themselves an waited for the Silo's to open for the torpedo or which ever an then simply crushed each missle as it was being launched basically would that be possible ?

-Lenwen.
If they're that close, and that strong, it would much easier just to hold the silo shut. Spending time catching like that is, well, mostly silly. The warheads should still go off, unless it has a large enough blast to warrant miles of safe distance in which case it's a long range or better, which may very when tear the hero in half if they are anchored like that, or go flying with a large chunk of ground stuck to them if you allow the spell to work as such, and if your using Carpet of Adhesion loosely, might as well just cast that on the silo doors.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Can an Alien Intelligence put one of its essences into a Robot the same way that mortals use the Transferal of Essence spell??

And if so, can the Intelligence withdraw that essence at will, or is it stuck inside that robot until it is destroyed just like mortal essences are??
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Beni wrote:These aren't real questions, are they Lenwen?

Aye I am sorry but yeah . PC of mine wanted to know what would happen if a caster of some kind could do it in any way . I said the same thing as was stated above about it being easier to just carpet of adhesion the doors together . dident think it would hurt to ask tho about the other way to do that .

-Lenwen.
Armorlord
Hero

cornholioprime wrote:Can an Alien Intelligence put one of its essences into a Robot the same way that mortals use the Transferal of Essence spell??

And if so, can the Intelligence withdraw that essence at will, or is it stuck inside that robot until it is destroyed just like mortal essences are??
Well, the Transference of Essence & Intellect spell wouldn't work with most robots, as most robots are not made of stone, clay, iron, wood, or vegetation. The mention of 'similar body' is misleading. A fragment capable of casting the level eight Earth Warlock spell should indeed become trapped in the target until it is destroyed.

Though, independent of that, it could be reasonable for a Alien Intelligence to send a fragment into a TE capable Robot that it knows of and has the location, since its usual detection powers wouldn't work. Though inside the machine it should suffer the same restrictions as normal for TE machines. It should be able to remove the fragment as easily as it would from any host.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

I've recently finished off the CS books ( War machine , Navy and Lastly Lone Star ) I am a bit puzzled tho . I've seen it said on the baords here that the Dog Boys are like the first in an last out an thier the ones who take the brunt of any deaths in the CS armies when they take on various city,nations .

Yet For the Life of me I can not find exact details in any books about how many per month the CS could activly create .

Does anyone know anywhere in the Books that it states this specifically ?

-Lenwen.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I would check lonestar. I can't think if its in there off the top of my head, but if it is in a book, it would be that one.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

I already have read and reread everything from Dog Boy Creation to nurseries an training as well as Military Dog Pack program an still no hard core evidence of exactly how many per month they could create .

I could not even find where in lonstar it said they could be "aged" by the genitics program . As I seen some one post before on the baords they said they could "age" dogboys to what ever age they need . Guess I am just trying to find more out about them incredible dog boys lol they do seem to be the perfect Warriors .

-Lenwen.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Lenwen wrote:I've recently finished off the CS books ( War machine , Navy and Lastly Lone Star ) I am a bit puzzled tho . I've seen it said on the baords here that the Dog Boys are like the first in an last out an thier the ones who take the brunt of any deaths in the CS armies when they take on various city,nations .

Yet For the Life of me I can not find exact details in any books about how many per month the CS could activly create .

Does anyone know anywhere in the Books that it states this specifically ?

-Lenwen.
It doesn't.

But like Coalition Skelebots or the Demnic Hordes, the unofficial answer is "as many Dog Boys as are needed to further the plot, but not be sufficient in and of themselves to be an entire army."

Note that even with the casualties in the Siege on Tolkeen, in which their magic-sensing talents were recognized by their enemies early on and they were singled out for destruction, didn't do too much (canon) damage to their numbers.

Just like Goblins and Orcs in other Game Settings, they are unofficially "infinite" in number.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

An endless amount of dogboy's would make even Atlantis or any civilization in the 3 Galaxies tremble. That power alone even with out each and every one clad in MDC armor's and or MDC weapons too would make any civilization tremble..

That makes me curious an begs for the question to be asked , What would the NGR say if they found out that the CS had this Technology to mass produce Dogboys with out limmit an not even offer to share thier infinite military troop's ? I bet they would be a EXTREAMLY interested in the ability to produce ( simply as many as needed ) to halt the war's they are in lol

-Lenwen
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

They don't give hard numbers on current populations, but 15% of all Dog Boys are breeding females (page 24 of Lone Star; 30% are female, 50% of those are breeders), who have 1D4 pups after a 6 month gestation; they do so about every 2 years (page 25). Pups reach physical maturity at 30 months. 10% of Dog Boys are tube grown, and this number is unlikely to increase; page 24, column 2, paragraph 5 states that tube-growing Dog Boys takes a lot of resources.

So, running the numbers, page 18 of LS says there are 2 Dog Boy divisions in the 4th Army, and page 27 of the original SB1 says a CS Division consists of 864 troops. Assuming that 1 out of every 16 soldiers is not a Dog Boy (that's the human and psi-stalker leadership), that gives us 1620 Dog Boys in these two divisions of the 4th Army (not counting others in other divisions, or ones assigned to other parts of the base).

Using the ratios given, there are 243 breeding females in the 4th Army Dog Boy Divisions. In three years, they could increase the unit size by about 600 (assuming some infant mortality).

Keep that in mind. At the current ratio of 15% breeding females to 85% everyone else, Dog Boys can almost double their population in about three years.

(Mind you, these numbers wouldn't actually play out this way; chances are most of the 4th Army's dog boys are, in fact, boys, and not a strict 70/15/15 split. But, based on the numbers given, that's how it would be.)
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Vampiric Mind Control, as described in Rifts: Vampire Kingdoms, appears to be a constantly in effect form of Super-Domination and clearly appears to be mystical -supernatural -in nature.

As such, can the magic involved in Vampire mind-control, wherein the person in question is otherwise non-supernatual in any way, be sensed by creatures like Dog Boys and Psi-Stalkers, or Psionics/Spells like Sense Magic??

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

What are the chances that for instance someone from Rifts Earth knows some of the Fighting Styles presented in N&SS ??

-Lenwen.

I am thinking bout gettin rifts Japan an was curious as to that possability .
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

Mark Hall wrote:I'd say that any vampires created in that situation would be wild vampires or, possibly, Wampyrs (from Nightbane).

Wild Vampires because their would have only the most tenuous connect to the VI... enough to make them vampires, but not enough to preserve their sanity.

Wampyrs because the VI wouldn't be able to overwhelm them. The Secondary vampire's own power/fragment of the VI would change them, but not completely, making them a demi-vampire.

Either is a reasonable interpretation, IMO.

What is a wampyr?
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Library Ogre

Lenwen wrote:What are the chances that for instance someone from Rifts Earth knows some of the Fighting Styles presented in N&SS ??

-Lenwen.

In North America, very low; pure styles wouldn't have survived (after all, there's been another 300 years of evolution on them), and they'd have had to adapt to the changing battlefield... original martial arts were about defending yourself from similarly squishy humans, who may or may not be armed and armored. Modern martial arts are going to have to deal with MDC armor and supernatural strength as a fact of life.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Mark Hall wrote:
Lenwen wrote:What are the chances that for instance someone from Rifts Earth knows some of the Fighting Styles presented in N&SS ??

-Lenwen.

In North America, very low; pure styles wouldn't have survived (after all, there's been another 300 years of evolution on them), and they'd have had to adapt to the changing battlefield... original martial arts were about defending yourself from similarly squishy humans, who may or may not be armed and armored. Modern martial arts are going to have to deal with MDC armor and supernatural strength as a fact of life.

agreed, but remember that MA's from other worlds and alternate earths can show up and have started schools to teach specific methods. as for the MDC issue, yeah. things like Ninjitsu, zanji, and the like which include weapons training as a standard part of the MA would be more useful for direct combat. ones that give MA powers next up, since some of those might become MDC. any others would be mostly for self defense, and trainees urged to learn how to use a laser rifle or other MDC weapon as well.

rifts japan isn't the best source, it's MA's are just alternate Hth's. IIRC, one of the rifters set it up as you can trade 6 OCC related and or secondary skills for a N&SS non-exclusive martial art, which takes the place of the normal HtH skill of the OCC.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

The Spell, "Reusrrection," specifically states that it not only restores the character to lifer, but also cures whatever it was that killed him.

If I use the Spell on a Juicer that underwent Last Call and died from it, could I use the Spell time after time after time to bring the Juicer back and cure him of each subsequent Last Call death that he undergoes....

...thereby extending his life indefinitely??

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Can Phase World setting civilizations make Crazies without the crazyness?
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

cornholioprime wrote:The Spell, "Reusrrection," specifically states that it not only restores the character to lifer, but also cures whatever it was that killed him.

If I use the Spell on a Juicer that underwent Last Call and died from it, could I use the Spell time after time after time to bring the Juicer back and cure him of each subsequent Last Call death that he undergoes....

...thereby extending his life indefinitely??

Immortal juicers FTW !! :lol:

Corn you continue to amaze me man :D

-Lenwen.

P.S.
The question then becomes does not the Juicer then become Immune to the whole last call ??
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

The Spell, "House of Glass," targets an attacker with the damage that he applies to the target of the spell.

Would it work if I cast the Spell of Legend, "Vicious Circle," in an area days previously and a House of Glass-enchanted character inadvertently steps into it??

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

jackylcale wrote:I think it specifically says that last call juicers can't be resurrected, doesn't it? Or at least something to the effect of " you can't use magic, or any other power/loophole to get out of dying if you're a juicer.
I'll take a look in a few minutes.

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

cornholioprime wrote:
jackylcale wrote:I think it specifically says that last call juicers can't be resurrected, doesn't it? Or at least something to the effect of " you can't use magic, or any other power/loophole to get out of dying if you're a juicer.
I'll take a look in a few minutes.
Eh, it says that Resurrection has a -50% penalty......but I'll just circumvent that with the "Ley Line Resurrection" spell, that is done like a Ritual and has a 100% sucess rate.

VIVA LA MUNCHKIN!!!!

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Exactly how do the Samas P.A. or others Turn direction with out actually stearing them ? And how do they controle the pitch an yaw or even the thrusters to speed up or slow down ?

-Lenwen.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Lenwen wrote:Exactly how do the Samas P.A. or others Turn direction with out actually stearing them ? And how do they controle the pitch an yaw or even the thrusters to speed up or slow down ?

-Lenwen.

posture. the pilot shifts his wieght right/left to turn sideslip, pulls in/out legs to turn, shifts his wieght forward/back to climb/dive... throttle is probably controlled either by voice control or forcefeedback finger controls (move your fingers a specific way, you speed up, a different way, slow down. hold them in one posture to aim built in weapins using a point shoot method...
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Power Armor question .. I know the technology put into it that allows it various forms of targeting , radar an what not .. my question is simply this then with all that in the H.U.D. face plate can the Person inside the armor itself still see outside the actual faceplate like it were simply glass ?

Or is it the tech stuff inside the H.U.D. system cover up most of the viewing area from the eye vantage point of the person wearing that Power Armor ?

-Lenwen.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

it would be an "enhanced reality' system. have you ever watched the Terminator movies? those scenes from the Terminator's viewpoint would be a good example. it's a HUD that not only shows your an image of whats outside, but overlays that with information from all the sensors and computers. range, ID, direction, ect. i'd presume eye tracking works those controls. glance at a box at the side of the screen lets you switch between visible light, UV, Thermal, or light amplified viewing modes, for example.
radar is likely a small circle in the corner of your view, like in video games.

sorta like a bluetooth headset.

a lot of this can be cleared up by reading Starship troopers by heinlen, he covers how powered armor would be controlled fairly well. just replace some of his chin and toungue activated switched with eye tracking interfaces, it was a technology not even dreamed of then.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Okay I do brazlian jiu jitsu. On the rare occasions a person doens't tap to a joint lock in alters the position of the joint so that you require sugery. Plus the tendons and ligaments need replaced but that's not peritnent to my question.

A if you snap a bioregenerating beings joint does he have to reset the joint/bone so that the wound heals properly.

b. In armor there still has to be room for the joint to move. Can a SDC human break a armor clad foes joints.

c. If I thow a MDC creature what are the rules for falling damage?
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

csbioborg wrote:Okay I do brazlian jiu jitsu. On the rare occasions a person doens't tap to a joint lock in alters the position of the joint so that you require sugery. Plus the tendons and ligaments need replaced but that's not peritnent to my question.

A if you snap a bioregenerating beings joint does he have to reset the joint/bone so that the wound heals properly.

i've been thinking this one over for a bit now, actually. i'd say yes, although given time the healing ability will correct it anyway. but for the short term it would suffer problems unless it takes time to reset the bones.

b. In armor there still has to be room for the joint to move. Can a SDC human break a armor clad foes joints.

varies. enviromental armors would have articulated joints designed to prevent the body from bending too far certain ways. those would be a no.
non-enviromental armors typically are more like the colonial marine armor in Aliens, plates worn over the body. these would usually lack the articulated frameworks that protect from over extension.

c. If I thow a MDC creature what are the rules for falling damage?

1d6 SDC per 10'.
RUE, p. 345

my own houserule is to apply terminal velocity as well. after 150 feet or so, most things stop accellerating and hit terminal velocity, so past that they take damage as if they fell only 150 feet.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
csbioborg
Champion

No for MDC creatures not SDC

Also as a aside I know regular armor you still can do falling damage but what about power armor.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

glitterboy2098 wrote:it would be an "enhanced reality' system. have you ever watched the Terminator movies? those scenes from the Terminator's viewpoint would be a good example. it's a HUD that not only shows your an image of whats outside, but overlays that with information from all the sensors and computers. range, ID, direction, ect. i'd presume eye tracking works those controls. glance at a box at the side of the screen lets you switch between visible light, UV, Thermal, or light amplified viewing modes, for example.
radar is likely a small circle in the corner of your view, like in video games.

sorta like a bluetooth headset.

a lot of this can be cleared up by reading Starship troopers by heinlen, he covers how powered armor would be controlled fairly well. just replace some of his chin and toungue activated switched with eye tracking interfaces, it was a technology not even dreamed of then.

Enhanced reality system I wish PB would be a bit more specific . Anyways having your explanation of the Power Armors visual system Frequency Jamming (spell) would more then wreck havoc with the visual system of a PA system not to mention its stored air , its radar , its well virtually everything ..

Or am I wrong ?

-Lenwen.
csbioborg
Champion

If a Basklisk turns a Cosmo Knight to stone is the stone immune to energy weapons or can he turn it into rumble with a energy blast of some sort. Also is the statue SDC or MDC.

The Baslisk also gets turned to stone if the gaze gets bounced back by a mirror or glitterboy. Is this implying the basklisk could use the glitterboy to refract his gaze on to a target out of his line of sight.

The Conversio books says the Baslisk's statues turn back into flesh if the Baslisk is slain. Baslisk can live over 2000 years. If a Basklisk dies of old age could a thosand year old statue turn back alive

Can the Basklisk turn his victims back to life with a glance. It seems logical that he could if the stone is some sort of quasi transformation
So could the Baslisk save his friends life by stoning him after a mortal wound until he can recieve medical treatment?
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

csbioborg wrote:If a Basklisk turns a Cosmo Knight to stone is the stone immune to energy weapons or can he turn it into rumble with a energy blast of some sort. Also is the statue SDC or MDC. A]]

The Baslisk also gets turned to stone if the gaze gets bounced back by a mirror or glitterboy. Is this implying the basklisk could use the glitterboy to refract his gaze on to a target out of his line of sight. B]]

The Conversio books says the Baslisk's statues turn back into flesh if the Baslisk is slain. Baslisk can live over 2000 years. If a Basklisk dies of old age could a thosand year old statue turn back alive C]]

Can the Basklisk turn his victims back to life with a glance. It seems logical that he could if the stone is some sort of quasi transformation
So could the Baslisk save his friends life by stoning him after a mortal wound until he can recieve medical treatment?
D]]

A]]: The book infers that the Stone in question is "just" ordinary stone in every way, including Damage Capacity; get turned to stone whether you're SDC or MDC, you turn into SDC stone with no extra abilities.

B,C, and D: All of these seem logically possible.

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

csbioborg wrote:No for MDC creatures not SDC

Also as a aside I know regular armor you still can do falling damage but what about power armor.

1D6 sdc per 10ft. no distinction. i checked.

makes sense. impact damage is based on kinetic energy. KE is a function of velocity and mass. X mass hitting at Y velocity will hit at Z KE. games abstract this into X damage per Y feet. (and why i add terminal velocity, to remove some of the more unrealistic extremes.)

just because a creature is phyisicly tougher wouldn't make the impact more damaging.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
csbioborg
Champion

The boiling tempeture of water goes down as you rise in elevation, On earth, at 54,000 feet roughly the boiling tempeture of water is 98.6 degrees. I am in enviromental flying power armor fighting a MDC creature if I raise my atitude to around that height will a non envriomental shielded MDC creature in essence boil to death give or take since a alien creature is ging to have some variance in temp of blood. Could I do that to a great horn dragon? While they don't need to breath and consequently won't die of aphixation can I kill it in that manner. Measures have been taken to prevent teleportation and you would probaly need several power armors even for a hatchling but the question still stands.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

csbioborg wrote:The boiling tempeture of water goes down as you rise in elevation, On earth, at 54,000 feet roughly the boiling tempeture of water is 98.6 degrees. I am in enviromental flying power armor fighting a MDC creature if I raise my atitude to around that height will a non envriomental shielded MDC creature in essence boil to death give or take since a alien creature is ging to have some variance in temp of blood. Could I do that to a great horn dragon? While they don't need to breath and consequently won't die of aphixation can I kill it in that manner. Measures have been taken to prevent teleportation and you would probaly need several power armors even for a hatchling but the question still stands.

Not sure about the blood boiling, but unless the power armor specifically said it could I wouldn't let it reach that kind of altitude. They aren't aerodynamic enough, too much wind resistance not enough lift in a humanoid shaped power armor.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Armorlord
Hero

Aye, can only recall two or three aircraft on Rifts Earth can go that high. Power armor, even the 'aerial' power armor, doesn't break a thousand feet.

That 'boiling point' refers more to exposed regular water. Chief concerns at that high are hypoxia (lack of oxygen) and cold exposure actually. Temperatures can be as low as -50°C (-58°F) at that height, depending on latitude.

csbioborg
Champion

Replace it with a cosmo knight and a hatchling dragon then. A dragon dosen't need to breath and isn't really effected by the cold which is why I didn't ask about those.

Even higher what is killing the MDC creature with attributes like a dragon in a vacum. Do there cells implode like a persons or what.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Can a Stone Master, or for that matter ANY magic discipline that uses precious Gemstones, use a Gemstone temporarily brought into existence by a Conjurer??

(Seems to me as if a Conjurer-Stone Master duo could make quite the fortune in a very short time selling their services....)

Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

cornholioprime wrote:Can a Stone Master, or for that matter ANY magic discipline that uses precious Gemstones, use a Gemstone temporarily brought into existence by a Conjurer??

(Seems to me as if a Conjurer-Stone Master duo could make quite the fortune in a very short time selling their services....)

I could never square, with myself, an answer to that quandry.

Brain says yes, heart says no, and my gut just doesn't know.

~ Josh
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:Can a Stone Master, or for that matter ANY magic discipline that uses precious Gemstones, use a Gemstone temporarily brought into existence by a Conjurer??

~ Josh
Then I have done my "job" here. :D

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

In an imaginary scenario, I am a doctor who wants to incorporate all means of healing into my services -magical, psionic, and technological.

Can I use Spells such as "Restore Limb" and "Restoration" to give hands/arms/feet/legs to somebody who was born without them??

What about using "Restoration" to repair the joint and bone damage of, say, a Polio victim?? Or victims of Osteoporosis??

Library Ogre

cornholioprime wrote:In an imaginary scenario, I am a doctor who wants to incorporate all means of healing into my services -magical, psionic, and technological.

Can I use Spells such as "Restore Limb" and "Restoration" to give hands/arms/feet/legs to somebody who was born without them??

If it's a congenital defect, I would say no. You'd have to construct them with something like Fleshsculptor magic.

What about using "Restoration" to repair the joint and bone damage of, say, a Polio victim?? Or victims of Osteoporosis??

Sounds good to me. You're repairing damage, not trying to undo something that was with the person from birth.

All Palladium Articles
Armorlord
Hero

csbioborg wrote:Replace it with a cosmo knight and a hatchling dragon then. A dragon dosen't need to breath and isn't really effected by the cold which is why I didn't ask about those.

Even higher what is killing the MDC creature with attributes like a dragon in a vacum. Do there cells implode like a persons or what.
For a MDC creature, I would say no. Particularly given that the orbitals have to fight off aliens and creatures from the rifts, and all the ones near them are in vacuum.

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

RAZON wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

~ Josh
Then I have done my "job" here. :D

sure.. but i'd say the Spell would use the stone up after 1 or 2 castings.
Hey, I'm just a stranger from our world, transferred to Rifts, who is just trying to make a living.

Answering you, of course you and I believe that the stone gets used as usual...the question was just to see what th forum's collective thoughts were on the issue of the item being conjured: besides duration o existence, is it just as "real" as its non-conjured counterpart??

Think of the potential, munchkinny implications: why would you EVER starve to death or die of thirst ever again, even across the longest expanses of desert, if your Adventuring Party had a Conjurer in tow and he conjured up animals for food and nourishment?? For that matter, conjuring up a keg of water or wine or ale or Kool Aid whenever the mod strikes you -nothing in the rules of conjuration prevents it.

Of course, that brings up a separate issue: if the Conjurer did indeed conjure up stuff to be prepared as food and drink, after the conjuring duration ends, does your body still get to "keep" the food that it's already eaten and digested....or would Conjured Food give new meaning to the old joke about being hungry again an hour after you eat Chinese Cooking?? :D

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Can my character get Magic Tattoos on limbs that are Bio-Systems??

Armorlord
Hero

cornholioprime wrote:Can my character get Magic Tattoos on limbs that are Bio-Systems??
Well, they are supposed to effectively be living replacements that don't impede magic/psi.. so off hand I'd say yes.

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

In the Nighbane Setting the Nightlords utilized a secret arcane ritual that completly destroyed one entire Dimension .. ( as per nightlands pg128)

What happens to the Demons who were on missions in different dimensions that try to use thier Dimensional teleport to thier homeworld since thier homeworld is now destroyed ?

-Lenwen.
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

I'd rule it as a failed teleport attempt.

But heres an interesting side question for you.

Would the demons who aren't presently in the dimension when it collapsed know their home plane had been destroyed?
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

9voltkilowatt wrote:I'd rule it as a failed teleport attempt.

But heres an interesting side question for you.

Would the demons who aren't presently in the dimension when it collapsed know their home plane had been destroyed?

You took my second question right from me ... :oops: I would have to rule that they would not know anything happened until possibly when they tried to do a D-Port home .. even then they might not know until they did some research or something least if you ask me ..

-Lenwen.
csbioborg
Champion

I'd rule that hades style demons would die if thier dimension was destroyed. They are linked to the dimension on some basic level. Just like they can't die outside of Hades they can't live without it. here souls or what have you are there therefore they die with the collpse of thier diemensions

On that note can a soul drinking rune weapon drink a demons soul
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

csbioborg wrote:I'd rule that hades style demons would die if thier dimension was destroyed. They are linked to the dimension on some basic level. Just like they can't die outside of Hades they can't live without it. here souls or what have you are there therefore they die with the collpse of thier diemensions

On that note can a soul drinking rune weapon drink a demons soul
Since their souls can be imprisoned into Rune Weapons and other artifacts (see Ahriman's Armors in Rifts: Mercenaries), then it logically stands to reason that their soul can be manipulated/devoured/enslaved as well.

Return to “Rifts®”