NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Had to do it.

Death of a Thousand Cats
This silly little power summoms hundreds(1D4x100) of cats and kittens to the area. The super can cause them to surge and attack their enemies.
Range: The summoned cats will attack anyone desired in a 100ft radius from the character. If ordered beyond that range they lose interest and start hunting mice, batting at strings, chasing laser pointer light beams, clean themselves, etc...
Duration: 1 melee round per level.
Damage: Anyone that's a target for these felines takes 4d6 damage per melee.
Penalties: Anyone being attacked is swarmed, causing some problems.
They take a -2 penalty to dodge and parry
-3 to strike
-3 to initiative
Lose 1 attack per melee round
Notes: The cats each have an average of 4 HP each due to the mixture of kittens, old cats, injured cats, and healthy cats. Doing a certain percentage of damage to the swarm will reduce damage accordingly. Penalties stay due to being covered in cats.

I don't kniow why I felt the need to do that, but I did.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

when has there ever been a doubt in your mind that we DIDN'T need a silly powers table? :D
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I think there is a power to summon a swarm. At least, I was sure someone made one.

Oh, Helios. The Poop Gun reference is the fact a Eugenics character can buy a Casting Gun as a weapon. It's derived from Owls I guess. Basically, it dehydrates the character's solid waste products into a hard form and then shoots it at an enemy. A Poop gun.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Lynx8882 wrote:hey i got a question that doesnt make sense about this power

Benefits for Character: +2 to save vs Psionics, +10% to skills the two individuals have in common.

if the player who is the symbiote cannot do anything while in a host why does he get +10% to skills?

Lynx

well Lynx.

In my original version, this power just allowed you to body ride, and provide telepathic counsel to your ride (unless he just wanted to ride along with the victim).

This made a power that was more stealth and support based. Play testers would use it to ride a thug into his HQ (after letting him escape of course) as well as a backup (a guy with healing factor and this used to hitch hike on a wpounded buddy to accellerate their healing rate)

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mr Scorpio »

ZEN wrote:Lets get back on the subject..
Anyone care to pitch in on this power? I wanted to clarify the benefits and penalties and add in an ability to leapfrog in bio energy form, from one host to another.. but only within a limited range (good for crowds).

I'm always glad to lend a hand (at least when I think I might help more than hinder, hehe).

I'm not quite sure how to do the leapfrog thing because it takes so long to enter unwilling targets. Anyway, here's my take on it......

Mr Scorpio wrote:Symbiosis (Major)-By AJ Pickett and Iczer-

By transforming into a bio-energy form (similar to one of the A.P.S. powers) the character is able to merge with the bio-energy of another living being and form an intimate symbiotic bond for a limited time. This temporary symbiotic relationship benefits both organisms while the symbiont character lives within the host and the both share aspects of their vital energies. Once inside, the character shares all of the host's senses and can communicate with the host telepathically, but the character cannot control the host body in any way (this is not the same as Possession).

1. Beneficial Symbiosis: a form of symbiosis that benefits the host more than the symbiont.

Range: 30 feet (m) plus 5 feet per level of experience.
Duration: Transfer requires one melee action, after which the character can remain inside a host for 2 minutes per level of experience.
Limitations:[b] Cannot merge with anyone resistant or immune to energy. If the host is knocked out, the character is forcibly ejected from the host and if the host is killed, the character must save vs Death or also die.

[b]Benefits for Both:
The two share a pool of hit points, P.P.E. and I.S.P. (where applicable) with a bonus of +10 if both were on full points when the symbiotic merge is engaged.

Benefits for Host: Any resistances or invulnerabilities, Strength level (superhuman, extraordinary supernatural, but no attribute change), Healing factor (if possessed by the character) +2 to save vs Psionics and possession and +10% to skills the two individuals have in common. Damage taken by the host is split between the energy form and the host (host takes 75%, the energy form takes 25%).

Benefits for Character: Healing factor (if possessed by the host), +2 to save vs Psionics and possession, +10% to skills the two individuals have in common.

2. Forced Symbiosis: a form of symbiosis that benefits the symbiont more than the host and can be used to impose a few penalties on the host.

Range: Touch
Duration: Must remain in physical contact with the target for a full melee round (15 seconds), after which time the bio-energy transfer is complete and the normal duration of 2 minutes per level of experience.
Saving Throw: Roll to save vs. Possession at +1.
Limitations: Cannot merge with anyone resistant or immune to energy. If the host is knocked out, the character is forcibly ejected from the host and if the host is killed, the character must save vs Death or also die.

Benefits for Both: The two share a pool of hit points, P.P.E. and I.S.P. (where applicable) with a bonus of +10 if both were on full points when the symbiotic merge is engaged.

Benefits for Host: Damage taken by the host is split between the energy form and the host (host takes 75%, the energy form takes 25%).

Penalties for Host: The character can impose the following penalties on the host by using the telepathic link to distract him (by singing, telling bad jokes, making annoying sounds, etc.).
-3 to initiative
-2 to strike
-2 to dodge, parry, roll with punch/fall
-15% to all skills (-25% in a life or death situation)

Benefits for Character: If the body of the host is healed in any way, so too does the bio-energy form receive healing.

3. Other Bonuses and Abilities:
Add 2 to M.E.
Add 2 to M.A.
+2 to save vs possession
Is able to sense people resistant or immune to energy within 100 ft, plus 10 ft per level of experience.

Hope that helps :D
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Ok, this is maybe a stupid question.

When this power ends, where does this character reform? When you say they become an energy form, I see the body as converting to energy, then taking someone. Plus, all durations are open. Actually, they are left open completely(as far as I can see). Do you crreate a new body from nothing? If so, this power is pretty scary for a villain to have.

Just asking, 'cause it does seem kind of important.
---Penn Jillette
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Lend Power (Minor)

Range: Line of Sight
Duration: 5 min. per level or as long as the person has visual contact with person lending the power
Save: If unwilling or lends without the knowledge to use it is 15 or higher with ME bonuses

This power allows the Mutant to lend his power to someone else for a limited amount of time. The power that he may lend is any one of the one's he currently has, minor, major or even psionic powers. He may lend it up to 5 min. per level of experience or may have it continually channeled for as long as he wishes as long as the person he's lending the power to remains in his line of sight. The power is lent at the level of the mutant. The mutant allows the person with a brief glimps of how to use the power so that person can use it at full proficiency. The mutant may grant it to someone else without the knowledge of how to use it thus creating moments of distress or problem as the power is out of control. Flying power cause him to launch into the air radically, energy expulstion fires randomly and at full force, Shapechanging causes the person to change shape every 15 seconds or so. Such victoms must make a save of 14 or higher every melee round or lose 1/2 attacks and have no bonuses plus have to worry about hitting bystandard/friends/allies with power or his own body, not to mention everyone will now believe him to be a freak.

While non "visual" powers like Invulnerability, immortality healing factor Do not need the person to make a roll vs ME.

While the power is being lent, the mutant does not have access to that power. Though, at an instant, he can cancel the lend to 'reactivate' his power. Finally, the person having the power lent does not have any of his stats or skills increased that would be increased with the power. They have access only to the "raw" ability of the power.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

OK, here's a couple of new ones for the Superhuman versions of the Extraordinary attribute powers.

Superhuman Physical Endurance (Minor)

The character is superhumanly tough and can withstand incredible amounts of physical strain or punishment. Fatigues at one tenth the normal rate.

Bonuses:
Increase P.E. to 20 + 1D6 – if P.E. is higher than 20 already, add 2D6 + 6 to it.
Add 3D4 X 10 + 100 to S.D.C.
Add 3D6 + 10 to Hit Points, plus 2D4 per level of experience.
Resistant to drugs, toxins and poisons, they have ¾ of their normal effects, damage and duration.

and

Superhuman Physical Beauty (Minor)

The character possesses nearly inhuman physical beauty. Most people who look at them are usually, at least for a moment, awestruck. They are all to often the center of unwanted attention (news cameras are pointed at them when they should be focused on more important things, bystanders are busy gawking at them when they should be running for their lives, etc.).

Bonuses:
Increase P.B. to 22 + 2D4
+ 2 to P.P.
+15% to investigation/research, interrogation, seduction, palming and pick pocket skills.
Awe Factor: 14 (9 if at least half of the face is covered by a mask)
Note: Add 2 to Awe Factor if the character also possesses the Physical Perfection Minor Ability.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Before I actually post a power, I was curious if there was any power already out there that detected super powers? I know there's mutant detection and such where you can tell if someone has powers, but is there anything where you can automatically know what powers someone has?
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I'll come up with something soon. I was just thinking about Borrow Power. As in, how do you know what to borrow? I always figured you'd only be able to borrow something you've seen used. With Mimic you'd actually know all of their powers, seeing as hw you now possess them.

I do like the skill basis idea. Maybe, to make it major, I might also give a small chance to identify psionic powers.
---Penn Jillette
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Addiction:

The character has the ability to render others under his sway by the merest glancem gentle nod or other subtle attention. The victim and the user must both aknowledge the presence of the other for this power to work.
1) Pleasure addiction. The character becomes much more appealing to the victim, gaining a virtual +1 PB and +1 MA per level. More than this though, the victim gains a state of euphoria that improves his day (endorphins, mistaken for as love) grant +5% use to all skills and a +1 to initiative rolls. after 1d4 hours (though this can be extended to 1d4 hours +1 per level of the character) the victim loses these sensations, but unmistakeably understands the source of these new emotions (and may be suspicious or enamoured at duration's end depending on the character's natural inclination). At the character's will, these addictive effects can (determined when the initial 'attack' is done) posess a down side. When the effect wears off in this case, not only does the victim lose his euphoric bonuses, but he loses a single HP, and starts to suffer minor withdrawal. He may seek further contact, but the withdrawal and the HP loss are not remedied by this contact, unless the character chooses to 'reinfect'. if the victim is ever subjected to over 24 h continuous hours of addiction, or 40 hours over the period of 2 weeks, he becomes totally addicted to this power, though the nature of withdrawal (minor or severe) depends on how 'nice' the character has been.
2) Painful addiction: a slightly nastier option available to the character. Once again he may infect a victim in the same way, but there is no endorphin type release nor pleasureable sensation. instead after 15 minutes of the initial exposure, the character just hits withdrawal and loses a HP. Worse, every hour after this he must continue to save or lose another HP. HP lost can be aleviated by medicinal teatments, but not by healing powers. during this time he remains addicted. His withdrawal symptoms and HP loss dissapear if he submits to reinfection, but arc up again after 15 minutes later. sleep becomes impossible (especially as an 8 hour nap inflicts 8 HP). A Character can fight off this unnaural addiction by making a save of 16 or better, attempted every 24 hours after the initial infection.
3) Notes: The character can release a victim from either withdrawal with just a nod or ackknowledgement. he can also turn major withdrawal to minor (IE: no hourly HP loss). This power is presumed to be pseudo psionic in nature, and requires a ME based save of 14 to resist. once a character has resisted, he is immune for 6 hours. an alternate system based of addictive chemicals requires a PE save of 16+ but can be resisted by a stiff breeze, barriers or other obvious protections vs contamination.
4) a final note: optionally, an addicted 'thrall' of either sort may manifest a particular mutation or sign. The mutant 'BeezleBub' for example, has all his infectees grow small horns. he cannot affect anyone without invoking this clause.
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Nice job on the additions. Was kinda hoping to get some credit for Death of a Thousand whatevers. :-( BTW- You might want to edit out the end part, the "due to being covered in cats" and put in critters.

Oh yeah. Kinda like your mistake at seeing cats insteaad of cuts Zen, when I saw summon blood I had to blink. At first I thought it said Summon Blond.
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Here's a power I really don't have worked out just yet. I was going to use the idea for a type of undead monster, but I thought it might be interesting as a power.

Dread Transformation(major)
This vile power transforms the user into a creature that feeds off the fear of others. Within a certain distance, the fear generated by people who view this monster actually cause it to grow stronger.
Duration: 2 melee rounds per level of experience.
Effects:
1. Physical Change:
Height increases by 4d6 inches.
Weight increases to 125% normal.
Add +40 to SDC.
PB drops to 3.
Gain a HF of 14, +1 at levels 3, 6, 9, 12, 15

2. Feed off Fear
Radius: 200ft radius, centered on user.
Effect: Normal people within the radius who fail their saving throw don't run away with fear. Instead the fear they feel causes them to be paralyzed. Even though this causes a decent amount of calculation, the number of points by which people fail the saving throw are added up. This pool of points is used to make the user stronger.

Ok. I know the format isn't perfect. It was one of those things I had an idea for, but really haven't had the time to fully flesh out. I was thinking of the points being used in ways somewhat like Create Bio Forms. Certain abilities will cost more points, except without the abilities limited by level part. Anyone want to help out on this?
---Penn Jillette
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

MrTwist wrote:Here's a power I really don't have worked out just yet. I was going to use the idea for a type of undead monster, but I thought it might be interesting as a power.

Dread Transformation(major)
This vile power transforms the user into a creature that feeds off the fear of others. Within a certain distance, the fear generated by people who view this monster actually cause it to grow stronger.
Duration: 2 melee rounds per level of experience.
Effects:
1. Physical Change:
Height increases by 4d6 inches.
Weight increases to 125% normal.
Add +40 to SDC.
PB drops to 3.
Gain a HF of 14, +1 at levels 3, 6, 9, 12, 15

2. Feed off Fear
Radius: 200ft radius, centered on user.
Effect: Normal people within the radius who fail their saving throw don't run away with fear. Instead the fear they feel causes them to be paralyzed. Even though this causes a decent amount of calculation, the number of points by which people fail the saving throw are added up. This pool of points is used to make the user stronger.

Ok. I know the format isn't perfect. It was one of those things I had an idea for, but really haven't had the time to fully flesh out. I was thinking of the points being used in ways somewhat like Create Bio Forms. Certain abilities will cost more points, except without the abilities limited by level part. Anyone want to help out on this?

Sweet! I like it. I like it a lot. I'd love to help out. I'll start thinking of evil things to do with those points :demon:

Oh, I think you should probably look at increasing the duration of the transformation. Evil should last longer than that :twisted:
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

True on increasing duration. But, I didn't want to make it too powerful.

Maybe a duration of 1 minute per level, but give a per melee round point leak?

I did forget to mention that if someone else enters the area, and if they fail, their points are added. Also, anyone who succeeds, but returns to the area and fails, also adds the points to the pool.
---Penn Jillette
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

OK, here's the last of the Superhuman attributes. I'm not too sure about them, might be a little much. It's hard to tell. The Extraordinary versions of I.Q., M.E. and M.A. start out so high I thought about raising them to Superhuman and coming up with lesser powered Extraordinary versions. Anyway, here they are....

Mr Scorpio wrote:Superhuman Intelligence Quotient (Minor)
The character possesses intelligence well beyond that of most mortals. While not as adept as the Natural Genius the character is intellectually blessed.
Bonuses:
Increase the I.Q. attribute to 22 + 3D4.
Instead of rolling for education: select any Five skill programs desired, plus 12 secondary skills.
Selects two new secondary skills every level
+25% to all skills (scholastic & secondary) in addition to any I.Q. bonus.
May advance skills beyond 98%
Choose one of the Mental Disciplines from the Natural Genius category (PU3, page73) plus one more at levels 3,6, 9 and 12.
+4 to save vs. Illusions, Possession and Horror Factor.
+3 to Initiative.

and...

Mr Scorpio wrote:Superhuman Mental Endurance (Minor)
The character has a mind and will are excessively hard to break and nigh impossible to control.
Bonuses: in addition to M.E. bonuses.
Increase the M.E. attribute to 24 + 1D6.
Needs a 10 or higher to save vs. Psionic attack (plus M.E. bonus)
+6 to save vs. Mind Altering drugs and duration is reduced to half
+6 to save vs. Horror Factor, Mind Control, Possession, Illusions and Insanity
+ 25% to save vs. Coma/Death
Skill penalties for being confused, dazed or drugged are reduced to ¼

and finally...

Mr Scorpio wrote:Superhuman Mental Affinity (Minor)
The character has a personal magnetism that is almost tangible. Members of the opposite sex seem to be able to sense when he enters the room.
Bonuses:
Increase the M.A. to 24 + 2D4
+1D4 to P.B.
+15% to seduction, pick pockets, seduction and all skills of deception and sleight of hand.
Awe Factor: 10
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

MrTwist wrote:True on increasing duration. But, I didn't want to make it too powerful.

Maybe a duration of 1 minute per level, but give a per melee round point leak?

I did forget to mention that if someone else enters the area, and if they fail, their points are added. Also, anyone who succeeds, but returns to the area and fails, also adds the points to the pool.

Ah, that makes sense and 1 minute/level sounds a lot better. Maybe we could add more of a shape change than just dropping the character's P.B.? Hmmmm, maybe spending points on becoming more bestial or something....I'll keep thinking about it :demon:
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Well, I figured the actual physical change depends on the user. You can look like whatever you want. To get bonuses, you need to spend points. So you can have a bunch of slimy tentacles, but unless you spend the points they just twitch and look scary.

The PB drop is to reinforce the fact that "You got real ugly". I figured the point based stuff should be rather generic. Like an increased SDC or giving an AR could manifest in whatever way you desired(insect-like carapace, alligator-like skin, metallic coating, or even being covered in fang looking teeth).
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I like your superhuman versions, Scorpio. I was wondering how MA would work. I lreally ike the Awe Factor. I think adding a bonus to already existing Awe Factor(if one exists) would be useful also.

But, with the ME, I do have some suggestions. Drop it to 12 to save vs. psionics. Even though it's only two points, only the best psychics should have the 10 or higher save. I think dropping the Mind Altering drugs down to +4, but increasing the duration reduction to 1/3 normal would be better. I think dropping the other bonuses down to +4 would fit better also. The increase in ME gives quite a few bonuses of it's own.

I understand the Save vs. Coma/Death. A strong mind would be better able to recover. But, that's a PE thing.

For the IQ power. Except for the special abilities gained by the Natural Genius, all you need is this power. My suggestion is drop the skill bonus. Just being able to increase skills above 98% is benefit enough. Change the education part to "Add 1 skill program of choice to whatever is rolled during the education step. Also add 6 secondary skills." I do like the ability to have access to the Natural Genius abilities, but I think it's better if they are limited to the NG. The secondary skill change is good. Add a note that it replaces the usual skill progression.

Just an opinion. I feel the physical attributes can be given less limitations than the mental attributes. In comics, physical attributes well above human(or extraordinary) are rather common. The mental giants are much less common, and usually on the level of a major power.
I feel a minor power, even Superhuman, that deals with the three mental attributes should be really useful but not overpowering. The superhuman IQ, in my opinion, is actually on the level with a major power.

Like I said, just an opinion.
---Penn Jillette
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

ZEN wrote:Willikers.. ok so the superhuman attributes are groovy, I do agree with most of what Mr Twist said, but I think M.A. can do with a little something more.. I'll think about it.. maybe I'm just stuck on the Addiction power..

I'll keep working on the superhuman attributes and try to get them to fit in better. Thanks for all the feedback.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I like Summon Blond. Nice. I actually started laughing like crazy when I read the limitation.
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Ok. With the Dread Transformation stuff. I was really having problems with how much things should cost. I figure this is the kind of power you really don't use in some underground base when it's just you and the hero. This is the kind of power you use on New Year's Eve in Times Square. So, keeping in mind you want a decent amount of people around, it's tough figuring what would be a normal pool of points to work with.

I'm thinking of maybe increasing the radius of effect to a per level basis. Also, maybe changing the duration so it's like an APS power(as long as you want).
---Penn Jillette
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

MrTwist wrote:Ok. With the Dread Transformation stuff. I was really having problems with how much things should cost. I figure this is the kind of power you really don't use in some underground base when it's just you and the hero. This is the kind of power you use on New Year's Eve in Times Square. So, keeping in mind you want a decent amount of people around, it's tough figuring what would be a normal pool of points to work with.

I'm thinking of maybe increasing the radius of effect to a per level basis. Also, maybe changing the duration so it's like an APS power(as long as you want).

I started thinking some of the same things. I came to the conclusion that either things would have to have a low point cost or we would need to come up with a way to get more points. I'll think about it more at work today and try to figure it out. I also thought about making it a full APS power but I'm not sure that it needs to come to that. I'll see what I can figure out today.
Snowtiger
Adventurer

Unread post by Snowtiger »

Lynx8882 wrote:Request time again

How about we get some new abilities for enchanted objects and weapons?
not alot of options there again

Lynx

I've got few right here.

Enchanted Weapon Powers (Evil)

Acid Secretion
The damaging part of the weapon secretes a potent acid, that isn't dangerous to the wielder or the weapon itself, but does 3d6 damage per round to anyone else upon contact(the mentioned damage is for Diabolic characters, it drops to 2d6 if the wielder is Miscreant or Aberrant and to 1d6 if the wielder is Anarchist in alignment). The weapon's damaging part will have wet, greenish tint in it, the source of acid is magical in nature and will not need any refills.
Duration: The acid remains potent for a maximum duration of 5 rounds or until the target dies, whichever comes first.

Poison Secretion
The damaging part of the weapon secretes a potent poison, that isn't dangerous to the wielder or the weapon itself, but does 3d4 damage per round to anyone else upon contact(the mentioned damage is for Diabolic characters, it drops to 2d4 if the wielder is Miscreant or Aberrant and to 1d4 if the wielder is Anarchist in alignment). The weapon's damaging part will have a wet, bluish tint in it, the source of poison if magical in nature and will not need any refills.
Duration: The poison remains potent for a maximum duration of 5 rounds or until the target dies, whichever comes first.

Enchanted Weapon Powers (Neutral)
Neutral weapon powers can be taken for both good and evil weapons.

Teleport
This power is works exactly like the Teleport: Superior spell, except that it's never considered unsuccessful.
"Gonna be sore in the mornin'."
- Hellboy, right after the boss fight scene, after getting up again.

"Never tempt the predator into a bloodlust."
- Snowtiger
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

ZEN wrote:I was thinking, for the bonus powers of the Dread Transformation power, how about having a chart of powers that become available depending on how many victims are in the area and suitably spooked?
Example: Major Trauma stalks through a secret government genetics lab and manages quite well with just a couple of gibbering security guards trailing along unwittingly behind him, too scared to do much but stay on his tail and report his location, but close enough to provide him with enhanced strength and the ability to animate his cloak.. Major Trauma then encounters a significant group of well trained government agents armed for bear, who are making their saves with vexing ease.. but then Major Trauma spots a sign on the wall.. "This way to ... Day care center.. heh heh heh" he reads..
Fifteen minutes later, walking through a hail of bullets in a cloud of inky darkness, noxious fumes downing anyone not equiped with a gas mask in the room ahead of him, with the wailing of children like music to his ears, Major Trauma strides, triumphantly, towards his goal.

You get what I mean? No points, just body count.
8-)

Interesting idea. I'm actually gonna have my gaming group help me test it out. I'll try it both ways. We'll come up with a list of possible ideas, then test out a few situations to see how to balance cost.

Without assigning costs, here's a list of ideas for abilities;

increase height
extra limb(two give extra attack)
AR
damaging skin(HTH attacks cause damage to attacker)
360 degree vision
small weapon(like claws and such)
large weapon(like retractable swords and such)
weapon limb(gives +1 attack, only can be used by attacking with the new limb)
increased speed
tail
increased PS
extraordinary PS
superhuman PS
limited stretching abilities
gelatinous body
quick healing abilities

That's just a few ideas. I've been extremely busy, so I'll work something out when I can.
---Penn Jillette
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

MrTwist wrote:I like your superhuman versions, Scorpio.

[SNIP]

Just an opinion. I feel the physical attributes can be given less limitations than the mental attributes. In comics, physical attributes well above human(or extraordinary) are rather common. The mental giants are much less common, and usually on the level of a major power.
I feel a minor power, even Superhuman, that deals with the three mental attributes should be really useful but not overpowering. The superhuman IQ, in my opinion, is actually on the level with a major power.

Like I said, just an opinion.

OK, I've worked on these a little tonite and here are the updated versions. The biggest problem with Superhuman I.Q. was that I was trying to compete with the Extraordinary version on ZEN's site. It's pretty potent...

ZEN wrote:Extraordinary Intelligence Quotient -By Jaegermeister (brandman@sabinenet.com) and Relic.-
This character possesses astonishing intelligence, with a mental ability unquestionably superior to the average persons.
Bonuses:
Increase the I.Q. attribute to 18 +2D6. (if I.Q. is higher than 18 already, add 1D6+6 to it).
May automatically select any Four skill programs desired, plus 10 secondary skills.
Automatically recieves the Science program in addition to the four optional programs.
Selects two new secondary skills every level (instead of just levels 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15).
+15% to all skills (scholastic & secondary) in addition to any I.Q. bonus.
+3 vs Illusions, Possession and Horror Factor.
+3 to Iniative.

I had to tone it down a bit so that the Superhuman version didn't get so powerful. I'm not sure how Jaegermeister and Relic might feel about this but I hope it'll be OK.

I tried to take everything you guys said into account and made a few adjustments (as well as switching a few things from Ext. I.Q. to Superhuman I.Q.). Hope this works better for us. Anyway, here they are......

Mr Scorpio wrote:Extraordinary Intelligence Quotient (Minor) -By Jaegermeister (brandman@sabinenet.com) and Relic. (toned down by Mr Scorpio)
This character possesses astonishing intelligence, with a mental ability unquestionably superior to the average persons.
Bonuses:
Add 2D6 to the I.Q. attribute.
Add 1 skill program of choice.
Selects one extra secondary skill at levels 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15.
+2 vs Illusions, Possession and Horror Factor.
+1 to Iniative.

Superhuman Intelligence Quotient (Minor)
The character possesses intelligence well beyond that of most mortals. While not as adept as the Natural Genius the character is intellectually blessed.
Bonuses:
Increase the I.Q. attribute to 18 + 2D4.
Add 1 skill program of choice and add 6 secondary skills.
Selects two new secondary skills every level (replaces the normal skill progression)
May advance skills beyond 98%
+3 to save vs. Illusions, Possession and Horror Factor.
+2 to Initiative.

Superhuman Mental Endurance (Minor)
The character has a mind and will are excessively hard to break and nigh impossible to control.
Bonuses: in addition to M.E. bonuses.
Increase the M.E. attribute to 24 + 1D6.
Needs a 12 or higher to save vs. Psionic attack (plus M.E. bonus)
+4 to save vs. Mind Altering drugs and duration is reduced to 1/3
+4 to save vs. Horror Factor, Mind Control, Possession, Illusions and Insanity
Skill penalties for being confused, dazed or drugged are reduced to 1/3

Superhuman Mental Affinity (Minor)
The character has a personal magnetism that is almost tangible. Members of the opposite sex seem to be able to sense when he enters the room.
Bonuses:
Increase the M.A. to 24 + 2D4
+1D4 to P.B.
+15% to seduction, pick pockets, seduction and all skills of deception and sleight of hand.
Awe Factor: 10 or if the character already has an Awe Factor add a bonus of +2.

All I really changed on Superhuman M.A. was the bonus to any existing Awe Factor.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Zen shattering Minor

the charter can shatter any inaminate object
by singing. The charter does 1 sdc damage to
the object targeted in the first melee attack this
is tryed. With every melee attack spent doing nothing
but singing the damage done to the object doubles.
With enough time the carater could destroy a tank!
this only works on non living objects.

Cooking Ultima

the charter is a chef beyond compare.
The food he serves is simply divine and
the charter can make his food have several
effects.

1.Cooking skill is at 80% +5% per level of experience
after the skill goes after 100% it gains a awe factor
its that good.

2. Healing food- the charter can serve meals so good that
they heal people who eat it! This healing meal heals 1d6 damage
per level of experience

3. Immunity boosting food- the charters food can heal people
of their sickness, at first level minor illnesses can be healed
at 5th level moderate illnesses can be healed, at 10th level
even the worst deases will be cured by the charters cooking

4. mood altering food- the charters food can change a persons emotions
into anything the charter wants. He could make a enemy feel depressed
cheer a friend up, and get that special some one in the mood. The person
eating the food must roll over 15 to save vrs the effects. Those who fail
will feel the emotion chosen by the charter for 5 minutes per level
of experience.

5. Food bio manipulation- the charter can affect a persons body with
their food. They can bring agony to those they dislike, blind people,
or they can create a perfect pain killer and bring people to ecstasy.
Their chose the effects last 5 minutes per level of experience. If the
target rolls over 15 they are unaffected.
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Well, the whole Dream Hero thing fell by the wayside. Same with the power to figure out what powers people have. I've just been too darn busy lately. Way too much stuff. Only time I ever get to work on it is during small snippets of time when I don't have a million other things to do.

I would love to see your versions, thagema.

Here's what I have so far;

The new movie at the theater didn't impress Ron very much. He was raised on comic books, and this newest attempt to translate the dreams and aspirations of many readers seemed so lackluster to him. Hollywood always destroyed the image, made it into something it wasn't. They never did justice to the world bound in colored images and even more colorful writing. His dreams always made heroes out to be something out of legends; men and women with the strength and determination to bring light to the darkness of human existance.
These thoughts, and more like it, ran through Ron's mind at he drove home from the movie. Outwardly, his face showed no emotion. Inwardly, his mind was a knot of rage. His childhood dreams were scarred by this latest attempt to put those dreams into a visual medium. The stoplight turned red as he came close, requiring him to keep his mind on the road ahead of him enough to apply pressure to the brakes. The car came to a stop as he slammed his open palm into the steering wheel in anger. Why do they always turn the golden past into a gray future?
His night was like any other. An office job that ground his self-esteem to so much tossed out coffee grinds, a love life that has it's only sparkling moments in the smiles the girl behind the movie rental counter gives him, and the promise of an empty home with a refrigerator filled with condiments awaiting his newest purchase of fast food. At least the misery was consistant.
Campy and old-fashioned as it was(even though old-fashioned meant the 70's), he watched the same super hero movie once again. The hero always acted in such a fashion that seemed so fake in real life, but they are a Hero nontheless. A bag of microwave popcorn cooled in his lap as his eyelids became lead weights and he slowly fell into that world where he finally escaped this life and became someone who took charge. Not only someone who took charge, but a world in which he became the kind of person he always wanted to be...

The Dreaming Hero is a singular individual. Where most heroes find their calling in life and work towards this potential dream, the dreaming hero is one who has great potential. Unfortunately, due to any number of circumstances, this potential is never achieved. In some rare cases, the one who wants to be the hero never does, but the dreams of the person take shape. They create an idealized persona that finally manifests into the physical world. In some small way, they finally become the person they dream about. In this way, the Dreaming Hero takes form.

Note: To make a character with this as a power category, two characters need to be rolled up. One character is the dreaming person, and the other is the actual Hero. Attributes for the base person should be rolled as normal, and then the Dreaming Hero is a second character, based upon the template dreamer.

Requirements: No attributes are integral to this character. Because of the type of character, anything is acceptable as a template.

Minimums: The Dreaming Hero's dream persona is always an idealized form. M.E., and M.A. are increased by 1D4(minimum 14). P.P., P.E., and SPD are increased by 1D6(minimum 16). P.B. is increased by 1D6+3(minimum 18). P.S. is increased by 2D6(minimum 22). These bonuses only apply to the Dream Hero.

Abilities:
These powers and abilities only apply to the Dream Hero Persona. When the person sleeps, the Dream Persona is born for a limited time. Choose or roll for 1D4 abilities.

1. - The Hero's strength is increased by one level, with a maximum of Superhuman. So, if they have no powers which increase strength, regular becomes Extraordinary, Extraordinary becomes Superhuman. Superhuman or better stays the same.

2. - The Hero can hover or fly at a low speed. The maximum flight speed if limited to 50mph. The max altitude is 1000ft. This can be increased through super powers.

3. - The Hero has a signature weapon that materializes whenever they do. Treat this as a weapon of it's type with a +2 to damage. Also, this weapon has a dream-like sense of balance. In the hands of the hero, this weapon also has a +1 to strike and parry. If anyone else tries to use the weapon, they are at a -1 to strike and parry. If they have a W.P. in the weapon, it seems more alien and gives them a -2 to strike and parry. The damage bonus is consistant.

4. - The Dream Hero is more resilient than their normal counterpart. They gain +50 SDC and +2D6 HP.

5 - Two senses are more acute, effectively being double the normal sensitivity for a human.

6 - Something about the Hero inspires Awe in others. Maybe they glow, or just seem to be perfect. They have an Awe Factor of 12.

7 - The Dream hero just seems to be able to take on massive amounts of pain without noticing it. Reduce any penalties due to massive damage or pain by half.

8 - Due to some bizarre physiology, the Dream Hero does not need to breathe. They can still be affected by gases that get into their system somehow, but they don't need to breathe.

9 - The Hero is stronger than normal. Add +10 to PS.

10 - Due to the fact the Hero is used to some strange things, they are immune to fear. They assume even the scariest thing is just supposed to be there, and go with it.

Determining Powers
Roll on this chart to determine what powers the Hero has(only the Dream Persona). If Psionics are rolled, the Hero is treated as a Latent for purposes of saves. Also note that the magic spels that can be gained by the Hero aren't 'true' magic spells in any sense. Other magic users will realize it's just gibberish, or possibly some alien form of spellcasting. The spells the hero gains are approximations of what they believe are spells.

1%-8% - 1 major and 4 minors
9%-15% - 7 minors(no major powers)
16%-21% - 1 major, 1 minor, and 1D4 from all Psionic categories except Super. Choose 2 Super Psionics. ISP is 2D4x10+ME.
22%-29% - 2 minors(no major powers) and 1D6 powers chosen from any psionic category except Super. Choose 1d6 Super Psionics. ISP is 2D4x10+ME.
30%-38% - Detemine Psionic Abilities as a Latent Psionic(including ISP and increase in Psionic Abiliies by level)
39%-46% - Choose 2 Psionics from each category, except Super. Choose 2 spells from each level, 1-4. ISP is 1D6x10+ME. PPE is 1D6x10.
47%-55% - 1 major and 2d6 spells from levels 1-4. PPE is 1D6x10.
56%-63% - 1 major, 1D4 Psionics from any category except Super, 1 Super Psionic, and 1 spell from each level 1-4. ISP is 1D6x10+ME. PPE is 1D6x10.
64%-71% - 5 minors and 1 Super Psionic. ISP is 1D4x10+ME.
72&-80% - 2 majors and 1 minor
81%-89% - 2 majors and 2 minors
90%-93% - 3 majors(no minor powers)
94%-100% - 2 majors and choose 2 Super Psionics. ISP is 1D6x10+ME.
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Obviously, still a work in progress.
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Well, it's still gonna be a bit to finish up the Dream Hero. Polish up the bonuses, maybe work on the extra abilities.

The way I figured it, the normal person is someone who has the potential to become a super hero. For some reason, maybe fate or the lack of ambitiion, they never became a hero. Instead, all their unrealized potential, along with their frustration at their lot in life, combine and becomes it's own entity. This entity is the Dream Hero. It only manifests when they are sleeping, powered by their dreams of being better than they are. I guess you could equate it as a Fight Club like thing. Only, instead of both Tylers using the same body, it would be like the Brad Pitt-Tyler had his own body and such.

The hard part is working the rules as to what happens when the Dream Persona dies, or the hero needs to be at work in the morning and the Hero needs to save someone at the same time. So Zen, give me a little time before you put it up.
---Penn Jillette
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

here's one that i've often seen, but never written up.

coil arms-minor
the character has redesigned arms that are made for reaching and crushing prey. the normal bone structure is replaced by many interlocked joints, which are capable of expanding and bunching up at will, and their muscles are strengthened to give the best control of said bone structure.
bonuses:
the character's arms are capable of extending up to 3 feet per level.
their arm strength is considered superhuman and is effectively increased by 2d6.
they automatically receive the wrestling skill.
a crush/pin attack by this character does 2d4+1d4 per level +p.s. bonus.
each arm is thickly muscled, looking slightly bulkier than it should. this gives the character a bonus of +25 sdc.

if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to voice them :D
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

so other than that it's good? i do want to keep superhuman strength in the arms, but i'll try to tone down the p.s. bonus.
here's a new writeup

coil arms-minor
the character has redesigned arms that are made for reaching and crushing prey. the normal bone structure is replaced by many interlocked joints, which are capable of expanding and bunching up at will, and their muscles are strengthened to give the best control of said bone structure. as time passes, the character's arms keep developing more and more joints and muscle, further developing the reach and strength of the arms(pretty much the same as a snake, i think).
bonuses:
the character's arms are capable of extending up to 3 feet, plus 1 per level.
their arm strength is considered superhuman.also, the character gets +1 ps at levels 2, 5, 7, 10, 12, and 15.
a crush/pin attack by this character does 2d4+1d4 per level +p.s. bonus.
each arm is thickly muscled, looking slightly bulkier than it should. this gives the character a bonus of +25 sdc.
Snowtiger
Adventurer

A bit of wording advice, "redesigned" sounds to me that someone has intentionally changed(either surgically or genetically) the character's arm structure if you leave it out it'll sound more like a mutation than purposeful experimentation done by someone else than the character.

Plus there has to be a limit for the number of joints, if you have more joints than long bones, the muscle structure is more likely to be something that's not normal, because there are a vast number of small and weak muscles instead of just one large lump of muscle tissue to do the heavy work.

For an example, feel you forearm and flick your wrist, you'll notice that there are a few large muscle groups governing the movement of your wrist and these muscles are pretty big and along with the muscles in the upper arm they do most of the heavy work when you lift something. On the other hand, in your palm are the muscles governing your finger movement, these allow you to grasp things and do delicate work (like typing on your keyboard), these don't have the strength to lift much, but the trick is that they don't have to, their bigger buddies on the arm do most of that already.

Now, imagine if your arms were suddenly full of small joints with the accompanying small muscles, intended for grasping and manipulating things, you'd have trouble on lifting heavy things with them because you wouldn't have enough muscle mass to deal with heavy things unless you'd take time and learn how to do things all over again.

As an added side note, I'd like to add that a snake has only one central bone structure in its body, the spine and ribs(the spine of which is very flexible), the human arm has a set of twin parallel bones in the forearm and upper arm and five intricate parallel bone structures form the hand. Adding one joint in the longer bones(forearm and upper arm) is possible but it still will show up as a noticeable bulge and changed musle structure, add more than this and you're going to have to lengthen the bones in order to provide space for new muscles and joints. Adding a joint in the hand region is usually done by adding them to the fingers, which does look odd in the long run, as your fingers grow in length with every added joint.

Don't take all the above personally, its a nice power, and I like it a lot...

- Snowtiger

Unread post by Guest »

"whoa, whoa, WHOA!...

Now you're shooting a gun at your imaginary friend...

AND 400LBS OF NITROGLYCERIN!"
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

Snowtiger wrote:A bit of wording advice, "redesigned" sounds to me that someone has intentionally changed(either surgically or genetically) the character's arm structure if you leave it out it'll sound more like a mutation than purposeful experimentation done by someone else than the character.

Plus there has to be a limit for the number of joints, if you have more joints than long bones, the muscle structure is more likely to be something that's not normal, because there are a vast number of small and weak muscles instead of just one large lump of muscle tissue to do the heavy work.

For an example, feel you forearm and flick your wrist, you'll notice that there are a few large muscle groups governing the movement of your wrist and these muscles are pretty big and along with the muscles in the upper arm they do most of the heavy work when you lift something. On the other hand, in your palm are the muscles governing your finger movement, these allow you to grasp things and do delicate work (like typing on your keyboard), these don't have the strength to lift much, but the trick is that they don't have to, their bigger buddies on the arm do most of that already.

Now, imagine if your arms were suddenly full of small joints with the accompanying small muscles, intended for grasping and manipulating things, you'd have trouble on lifting heavy things with them because you wouldn't have enough muscle mass to deal with heavy things unless you'd take time and learn how to do things all over again.

As an added side note, I'd like to add that a snake has only one central bone structure in its body, the spine and ribs(the spine of which is very flexible), the human arm has a set of twin parallel bones in the forearm and upper arm and five intricate parallel bone structures form the hand. Adding one joint in the longer bones(forearm and upper arm) is possible but it still will show up as a noticeable bulge and changed musle structure, add more than this and you're going to have to lengthen the bones in order to provide space for new muscles and joints. Adding a joint in the hand region is usually done by adding them to the fingers, which does look odd in the long run, as your fingers grow in length with every added joint.

Don't take all the above personally, its a nice power, and I like it a lot...

hey, i don't take anything personally, so don't worry. while your reasoning is sound, i'm just gonna make some alterations to the power that might satisfy you, or they might be completely unrelated.

coil arms-minor
the character has redesigned arms that are made for reaching and crushing prey. the normal bone structure is replaced by many interlocked joints, which are capable of expanding and bunching up at will, and their muscles are strengthened(and altered) to give the best control of said bone structure. as time passes, the character's arms further develope, increasing the reach and strength of the arms.
bonuses:
the character's arms are capable of extending up to 3 feet, plus 1 per level.
their arm strength is considered superhuman.also, the character gets +1 ps at levels 2, 5, 7, 10, 12, and 15.
a crush/pin attack by this character does 2d4+1d4 per even level(2,4,6,etc) +p.s. bonus. also, at 3rd level and above, the character will be able to execute a crush/pin attack with one arm as long as the arm is long enough to fully restrain the target.
the character is immune to joint locks of the arms and hands.
each arm is thickly muscled, looking slightly bulkier than it should in the bunched up position. each arm has 50 sdc, and, if severed, grows back to normal length in 1 week, after which it gains a foot each day until it's back to full length.

just a bunch of stuff that i thought of last night after i went home. any other helpful advice?
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

ZEN wrote:"each arm has 50 sdc, and grows back to normal length in 1 week, after which it gains a foot each day until it's back to full length."

Meaning the arms are capable of regenerating if chopped off.. does the stump regrow a hand/fingers right away or does it not have a working hand until completely regrown?
Also, you imply that the arms get thinner as they extend.. any idea how thin they get (particularly at higher levels?).
The P.S. of the arms is considered Superhuman.. how does this affect lifting and carrying weight limits?

hand grows back first, and then the rest regrows.
okay, ya got me on the thinning problem, i don't know how to word that at all. feel free to make a suggestion for that.
the superhuman thing is for breaking free by strength alone and/or gripping things. if that makes no sense, sorry.
good enough for pu3.0? or does it need more work?
Snowtiger
Adventurer

*imagines a guy with this power meeting with the sharp end of a sword and getting his arm lopped off from the shoulder, then the guy manages to get back home again and falls unconscious(from the alleged bloodloss) on the bed, the next day, he wakes up with a hand jutting from his shoulder*

:lol:

- Snowtiger
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

If you want that, then I would suggest using the original APS: Dream powerI posted awhile ago.

I haven't seen Zen's version, but the way I envisioned it you couldn't do that. It's just another category. Maybe they could become the second version of Dream Hero(which I'll start work on as soon as I finish the original), which is Nightmare. The criminal version.
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

While not being called Supernatural (attribute), there are equivalents out there.

Mentat could be seen as a Supernatural IQ.
Divine Aura could be seen as either MA or PB.
Invulnerability could be seen as PE.
Natural COmbat Ability could be PP. Maybe.
Sonic Speed for SPD.
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Hence the 'maybe'. A supernatural PP power would be... well... extreme. Every combat monster will take it.
---Penn Jillette
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

ZEN wrote:Hmm.. yeah that could work.. freaky though.
The picture sequence in the PU book with the guy regrowing an arm.. that is what I was thinking of.

Anyway, my take on thinning is that the the arm is thinner the longer it stretches, but the character's body pumps the arms up with fluids to increase their 'hydraulic' strength.
As for weight limits.. the strength of the hands and arms allows the character to inflict increased damage with melee attacks using the arms, and they can support a superhuman level of weight when suspended by the arms (when holding on to something with the weight pulling them down, such as climbing a rope with two people hanging off you, when normally there is no way that you could carry those two people as the rest of your body is not strong enough).

Make sense?
Oh and I wouldn't be asking these things if this were not being included on the PU 3.0 page
8-)

my god, i couldn't have said it better if my life depended on it. and yeah, it would start out like the regen power. i can't wait for the kid tested, zen approved version on pu3.0 :D
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Snowtiger wrote:Plus there has to be a limit for the number of joints, if you have more joints than long bones, the muscle structure is more likely to be something that's not normal, because there are a vast number of small and weak muscles instead of just one large lump of muscle tissue to do the heavy work.

Snowtiger has a series of valid and biologically accurate points.

Here's mine. I like the power, It has resident coolness factor. It looks a lot like an android from heat guy J. Ignore biological arguments. Biology would vomit it's own core science in little chunky pieces (with carrot chunks) if it so much as glanced at any of the Heroes Unlimited powers sections. Just one Glipse of, say, Supernatural strength, or stretching, or even an energy expulsion, would make a biologist sit up and say 'No way'.

But superheroics, and comic books, and Yea, even superhero RPG's, aren't so hip on biology.

If it makes you feel any better, your power has been copied, pasted and field away for antiquity.

On the down side, I have a problem with the SDC bonus, but hey, look at invisibility.

Ciao

Batts
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Interesting idea Zen. Unfortunately, it will start to become a lot like the empowered category. I'm still working on limitations of the Dream Hero, such as what happens when it dies.
Also, I'm thinking of putting in a level-by-level description of how the two entities become closer to each other. At different levels, the person who is dominant mighthave problems staying around because the other personality needs to do something important. For instance, the Dream Hero is investigating a murder, but the normal person needs to be at work for an important meeting. There is a conflict of interests, so a control struggle might develop. Also, maybe at a high enough level the two may both be active for limited time.
That might sound weird, but the way I was gonna have it work out is that the Dream Hero is not controlled by the creator. He depends on the life of the normal guy(which may or may not change at a high enough level) for his own existance. Beyond that, they are two different people with separate goals.

But, here's an idea how I might arrange the types of heroes.

Type of person:

Lack of Ambition - This person just never got around to realizing their potential. Maybe they could've become great psychics, supreme mages, or have some untapped genetic potential for super powers. These people never had the drive to become great, but they have dreamt of it.

Fate Breaker - This type of person was pretty much fated to become some great hero. But, destiny can be overcome due to choices. This person took a different path in life, and now it's too late. They live their life as any other person, though they still remember that point in time when they could have become great.

The Failure - This person is a lot like the Fate Breaker. At some point, they began the first steps down the road to becoming a hero. Unfortunately, some great failure caused them to stop. Now they have become just a normal person, but with extreme low self-esteem. They just don't feel worthy of the challenges they face in life. In their dreams, they know they could've succeeded if only they had another chance.

The Businessperson - As a child, becoming a hero was the dream of this person. As they got older, they became more enmeshed in mainstream society. The pursuit of money became their driving goal. Now, they are too busy to realize the untapped potential they have. Work is their life. Sometimes, at night when the day's work is over, they remember those childhood dreams.

The True Dreamer - This person is in love with the idea of super heroes. Comic books are the drug of choice for this person. They go to conventions, have tons of t-shirts, and rare collectibles are sought for with gusto. They have always wished they could become an icon to the people, like that person in that comic. They've even developed this fantasy persona of how they would be if they had these powers. In their dreams, they become this person, dreaming of fighting crime and being idolized.

The Dream Hero:

The Idol - This persona wants to be on tv. And radio. And in comics. And the news. And immortalized with action figures. Everything they do has to be big, public, and reported. As they head to a crime scene, they call reporters just to make sure there is proper coverage. This really has nothing to do with their effectiveness. Even though they are glory hounds, they still are heroes.

The Shadow - This hero doesn't desire the limelight. While trying to work within the letter of the law, they still realize crime needs to be stopped. Sometimes, rules must be broken for the greater good of everyone. This hero, whether or not part of a hero group, works out of sight. They feel like the media ruins everything it touches, and the reporters should leave the hero work to the heroes.

The Vigilante - Criminals are the unwanted product of human existance. And they are the ones who hand out justice like... well, whatever analogy you feel like putting here. The law is broken, and criminals need to be stopped. This persona has no problem fighting dirty to stop the criminals. They will use the tactics of evil to fight evil. They are still heroes, and will not harm innocent people.

The True Hero - This persona doesn't avoid, or hope for the limelight. In their eyes, criminals need to be stopped. They work within the law, but certain circumstances may not allow that. They are not as violent as the vigilante, not as spiteful as the shadow, and not as interested in the limelight as the Idol. They are just heroes, fighting to defend people's lives.

The Socialite - While this hero fights for good, the pursuit of the pleasures of life are foremost. They will fight crime like anyone else, but when the media and police show up they are off somewhere else partying. Morality and such really don't bother them, although they don't want to hurt anyone who doesn't deserve it. If part of a hero group, this type of persona is late to meetings, tactical discussions, and sometimes to the start of battle. They are too busy living life to it's fullest. Unlike the Idol, who loves the camera for the sake of the camera, this persona is usually on camera only to hit on the reporter. This hero is usually in tabloids, linked to some celebrity, or some scandal. They just want to have fun.

These are just some ideas spawned from your sub-types of the Dream Hero idea. If I do implement this, then there will be bonuses and penalties depending on which type is chosen. Maybe add a few more Dream Hero types, like the combat centered one, a detective type, and maybe and infiltrator type.
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Iczer wrote:But superheroics, and comic books, and Yea, even superhero RPG's, aren't so hip on biology.

Very true. They seem to go on more of a modified biology. There's still enough mystery as to the hows and whys of things that some powers seem possible(though the possibility is minute). Biology is pretty wacky.

Birds use magnetic fields to navigate. Actually, that might be an interesting basis for a new power, like Radar or Sonar.
Electric Eels shock people.
Planarian worms can be cut up. Each piece becomes a new worm.
Some deep sea fish generate light.
Plants derive some energy from sunlight.
I think there are reports of bacteria surviving in some extreme conditions.
Chameleons can change color.
Polar bears have clear fur.
Humans have been able to adapt to various environments.
The Aleuts(or Unangan) have, through bone records I believe, shown that some developed an extreme amount of upper body strength. Some were supposedly able to keep pace with Russian ships, using paddles, with ease. I think an old(late 90's) Scientific American article covered this.
Sharks can detect blood in the water from quite a distance.

Now, there are quite a few powers that go way beyond these examples of what biology has shown us. But, there are a lot of species we haven't classified yet. You never know when one of them is gonna change the way we view the possibilities of life. Plus there's that whole area of supposedly psychic abilities of mankind that are still up in the air.

Of course, I could be wrong. Easily.
---Penn Jillette
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

the drunken werebear wrote:gotsa small question for scorpio now that the can of worms has been opened and you have started the superhuman powers when are you going to start the supernatural equivilents i must say i am eagerly awaiting supernatural attributes with much anticipation

and also someone else started with cosmic strength well reason would only lead me to believe that we need an cosmic beauty and cosmic endurance as well

so any takers???

I hadn't really considered doing and Supernatural versions. But I guess it could be done.

MrTwist wrote:While not being called Supernatural (attribute), there are equivalents out there.

Mentat could be seen as a Supernatural IQ.
Divine Aura could be seen as either MA or PB.
Invulnerability could be seen as PE.
Natural COmbat Ability could be PP. Maybe.
Sonic Speed for SPD.

I've seen someone on the boards post something along those lines a long time ago. I have to agree with you on this one.

Mentat is a great one for I.Q.
Not sure about M.E., I'll have to think about that one
Divine Aura should be M.A. (I think I have an idea for P.B.)
Supernatural P.S. is already there
P.P. could be tricky but could be interesting (have to think of some limits though)
ZEN has a version of Supernatural P.E. (by Cardiac) on PU3.0 already
P.B. could be cool
Sonic Speed works for Spd. for me

I'll have to think about M.E., P.P. and P.B. maybe I can come up with something. We'll see......
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

The evil alignment avatars would be best saved for when I do the Nightmare. I think I covered the selfish alignments with the vigilante and socialite types.

The actual circumstances behind being a dream hero are left to the player. A business person, or even the lack of ambition type, can be evil. No reason why not. Any of the normal person types can be any alignment.

I tested an earlier version of this character type, just to see. The normal guy was a janitor for a super hero group. He kept falling asleep on the job, which would cause the hero to emerge. It was rather fun, although it only lasted a session or two.
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

Some of these were inspired by Zen. I haven't had time to describe anything, or really assign point costs. I may add more if I can think of them. I wanted to avoid anything obscuring(smoke, darkness, etc...) because the whole point of the power is to be seen and feared. Others may have a different take on it. Also I wanted to avoid any increase to HF, just because it would give further increase to the point pool.
The cloaks are a type of aura which surrounds the char, and gives different abilities depending on type.

Dread Transformation

Attribute Increases
Increases are bought on a point-for-point basis.
Extraordinary PS can be bought for 3 points(quality)
Superhuman PS can be bought for 6 points(quality)
Increased SDC can be bought on a 1 for 10 basis

Other Abilities
AR 10 costs 3 points
Increased AR costs 2 points per point, to a max of 15

Cloaks(effectively an aura which surrounds the being)
Each cloak has two versions. The regular, and the superior cloak. Superior cloaks cost double the normal versions.
Cloak of Souls
Cloak of Screams
Cloak of Insects
Cloak of Fire
Cloak of Frost
Cloak of Lightning
Cloak of Sludge
Cloak of Rot
Cloak of Wind

Altered Form(alters the physical body of the being)
Tentacles
Extra Limbs
Weapon Limbs
Size Increase
Gaping Maw
Razor Teeth
Claws(different versions)
Really Long Tongue
Thorny Skin

Attack Abilities
Poisonous touch
Acid Touch
Chains
Barbed Wire
Spit Sticky Stuff
Spit Acid
Spit Poison
Fireball
Icy Touch
Iceball
Shoot Spikes
---Penn Jillette
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

There are just way too many possibilities for abilities that could be gained from the Dread Transformation power. My brain hurts.
---Penn Jillette
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Body Alignment
The character can disperse injury though out his body, lessening trauma and minimising the overall effects of damage, by reforming his flesh reflexively after every blow. After every injury the character performs a minor shapeshifting miracle and pulls pieces of himself back into place to offset and diffuse wounds. This provides the following enhancements:
· Blunt weapons and strikes, even many explosions, see their damage reduced by 2/3rds.
· Sharp weapons, or attacks that rely on cutting or impaling (including may energy attacks) see their damage reduced to ¼
· Energy attacks that attack the body are already fairly diffuse (heat for example) and see their damage reduced by ½.
· Limb removal. If the character loses a limb or organ through mishap or injury, then a new one is grown within seconds. This is not regeneration so much as it is a reflexive attempt to turn miscellaneous flesh into new replacement organs an/or limbs. If the original flesh is less than 2 feet distant, then it may be reattached by tendrils that shoot from the stump to pull it back together. If not then the act of regrowing a limb drops the character’s PE by 1 as body parts are cannibalised for the new mass. Unless remedied by reabsorption, this PE returns at a rate of 1 per week. Note, the removal of a trivial organ, such as a swath of skin, a pint of blood, or a finger or two does not normal require the loss of a PE point. Also note that instant limb regrowth cannot function if the character no longer has the mass to back such an action up (IE, has lost all SDC and is down to HP). Another Note, The head can be reattached if less than 2 feet away, but it cannot be regrown. The brain lives for around 5 minutes without oxygen. That’s how long the body has to be reunited with the head (or vice versa). Reattachment will occur any time before brain death. A Final note: Damage sustained while losing a limb cannot be reduced. The limb’s gone dude.
· Reabsorb Flesh: The character can reabsorb any of his lost body mass within about his PE in minutes, simply by touch. SDC lost (or HP) Lost from losing a body part will be partly (50%) restored by absorbing it afterwards.
· Blood loss and internal injuries. The character does not bleed while he has this power functioning. Nor can he sustain a critical hit (no doubling of damage from criticals). Any items implanted in his body (like bullets or the occasional microchip) can be expelled within 3-6 seconds. This requires that the character is aware of the implant. An implant put inside him while under toxic gas is not expelled until it has been discovered by other means. Knock out attacks only stun the character.
· A few limitations. The primary limitation here is that this power only functions when actually conscious. Damage inflicted while unconscious remains as deadly as before (but may be ‘fixed’ if the character awakens.) Also, the damage is not reduced in effect until after it has taken effect. This means that a blow that inflicts enough damage to knock out or kill this character succeeds before the injury can right itself. Also, magic and psychic attacks inflict full damage.

Grow additional Limbs:
The character has the odd ability to spontaneously grow new arms from his shoulders and back. The character can sprout 6 extra, fully functioning arms when needed, and retract them as necessary. These arms provide a number of bonuses.
1) Multiple attacks: Growing 1-3 extra arms adds +1 attack per melee. Any more adds 2 extra attacks.
2) Combat bonuses: Having 4 or more limbs allows for +2 to parry. Having 6 or more out adds +2 to strike in hand to hand combat. Attacks literally come out from all angles. +2 to entangle, +2 to grapple +2 to disarm and to resist disarms. This character is hard to grapple, being able to retract and then regrow limbs at will.
3) Special attack options. In combat, a character with more than 4 arms active may strike any opponents of choice within 6 feet, but this forfeits any autoparry. The character may also ball up to 3 fists together and perform a power attack. This chews 2 attacks, but inflicts 3d6+PS damage bonus on a foe. Arm Burst. The character may grow a limb in combat in a burst of explosive growth. Such an attack inflicts 2d4 damage (plus PS bonus) and is very hard to predict (-3 to parry or dodge).
4) Out of combat bonuses: The limbs are highly co-ordinated, and add +15% to climb, +10% to any skill where such arms could assist (such as working on automobiles). Extra limbs increase the character’s ability to lift heavy objects. Every additional pair adds to the character’s lifting weight. Arms that are destroyed or amputated (even his normal default pair) will grow back in 48Hours.

Immersion:
The character has the ability to merge his body with a larger inanimate object, granting and reciveing qualities to both that are somewhat greater than the sum of it's parts.
1) Merge: The character can immerse himself inside any solid, physical object that can accommodate his physical dimensions and out masses him by at least 100%. This merging takes a full 30 seconds to achieve and when complete the character’s molecules are spread evenly throughout its mass.
When Immersed, the character gains the following abilities:
* Can sense the status and condition of the object he is merged with. This also includes a very vague sense of the surroundings (or occasionally the internals), but is an indistinct sense, and unsuited for eavesdropping or spying. If the object contains devices for active surveillance (intercoms, security cameras etc..) then these may be utilised as sensors for the immersed character.
* Can apply force/strength equal his ME to the object he is immersed in. This can be used to Jam doors, turn steering wheels and other wise apply normal force as extending a limb.
2) Retreat. After a full 30 seconds of immersion, the character may choose to reform from any part of the item. This process takes a full further 30 seconds, but remains an efficient method of gaining covert access to secure locations. (For example, if a character wanted to get to the top of a high-rise tower, all he would need to do would be to spend 30 seconds merging with the base of the building, spend another 30 seconds within the structure, and then the last 30 seconds reforming in the bathroom on the top floor.)
3) Mutual benefits: While resting inside an object, the character heals himself at 3 times normal rate. Furthermore, the object itself regenerates at the same rate.
4) Drawbacks and limitations: While immersed with an object, the character shares that objects fate. For Every 10% of damage suffered by that object, the character suffers 5%. Also there is a size and mass limit for Immersion. If the character attempts to immerse himself in any object of truly immense mass (like the state of Ohio, a mountain or other gigantic object) then the character will be too dispersed to think. He is immediately knocked unconscious and has a 30% chance every day of being ejected randomly.

And some minors

Forge Link
The character may forge a biological link with as many people as his level. By touching them, he forces them to make a save vs this link (14+ PE applies. Victims may choose to fail)
The character gains the following benefits with regards to the link.
· The shock and pain of injury gets transferred throughout the link. Up to half the damage received from any attack may be transferred to other participants in the link. Unwilling targets may save (14+) to not receive the damage. If other targets in the link take damage, then the character may choose to absorb up to half that damage himself.
· HP may be shared freely from any willing participants in the link.
· Each member gains +1 to save vs powers, chemicals or viruses that affect the character or his nervous system. (aids against nerve gas, but not smoke inhalation. Aids against disruptive touch and mental stun but not direct damage attacks). This bonus increases by 1 per extra person in the link
· Each character can feel where the others are, and can gauge their mood and feelings. This sensing range is very broad and shallow, and maxes out at a limit of 500 feet per level.

Flare
The character can launch an attack of some sort of semisolid matter, that incandesces with heat and light.
Attacks per melee: as many as the character HTH attacks
Range: a whopping 1000 feet per level. By expending 2 attacks, the flare may double it’s Range.
Bonus to strike: +3 with an aimed shot. +1 with a wild shot.
Damage: 1d6 per level of experience.
Special properties.
Automatic ricochet: The flare will automatically rebound off a solid target, possibly hitting a second or third target. By taking a –2 to hit (must be an aimed shot) the character can hit up to as many targets with this power as his level, making a new attack after each target is hit. This is not a controlled shot however, and any miss ends the ricochet.
Light Source: as a brilliant flash of light, the flare can be seen for as many miles as the character’s level. Twice that in a darkened area. The character can also (rescinding the ricochet effect listed earlier) fire it into a solid object and let it illuminate a large sized area with daylight like brightness for 3 minutes per level. If desired, the character can launch the flare into his own hand, acting as a brilliant torch for the duration.
Blinding strike: any head shot made by this power forces an opponent to save vs blindness (PE bonuses count. 14+ required). Any blind opponent stays that way for 2 melee rounds, losing –3 to strike, parry, dodge and initiative. Such a head shot is a called and aimed shot, that requires at least a 16 or better.

Skin Alteration:
The character can alter the surface texture and appearance of his skin. Apart from being an excellent disguise, it has a number of other properties.
The character can alter his colouration, appearing to be any typical ethnicity as he chooses. His kin control also allows him to duplicate moles, epicanthic folds and other features of his skin. He may also choose to take on unnatural features and hues.
The character can make his skin texture extremely rigid, hard and abrasive, granting him an AR of 10, and an SDC boost of 25.
The character may also use his control of his skin to slow bleeding, and will not bleed out while conscious.
Prehensile flesh: the character can also form small, tight flesh ropes from loosened skin. These ropes have the PP of the use, but a PS of 3. They can extend 4 feet per level, and the character can form a maximum of 1 every second level.
The character’s control over his skin gives him a disguise and impersonation bonus of +20%. In addition, the character enjoys a +3 to escape from holds and grapples by shedding portions of his skin. +5% to escape artist.

Stilts:
The character can extend his legs to triple normal distance, essentially doubling his overall height. Apart from the practical uses for being able to reach high places, the character can enjoy a healthy stride (double normal speed) and can use rapid telescoping of his legs to propel himself upwards his own height x2 long or his own height +50% high.
The force of his telescoping legs allow him to kick at a distance, adding +4 to kick damages

Like, whatever

Batts
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Body Alignment
The character can disperse injury though out his body, lessening trauma and minimising the overall effects of damage, by reforming his flesh reflexively after every blow. After every injury the character performs a minor shapeshifting miracle and pulls pieces of himself back into place to offset and diffuse wounds. This provides the following enhancements:
· Blunt weapons and strikes, even many explosions, see their damage reduced by 2/3rds.
· Sharp weapons, or attacks that rely on cutting or impaling (including may energy attacks) see their damage reduced to ¼
· Energy attacks that attack the body are already fairly diffuse (heat for example) and see their damage reduced by ½.
· Limb removal. If the character loses a limb or organ through mishap or injury, then a new one is grown within seconds. This is not regeneration so much as it is a reflexive attempt to turn miscellaneous flesh into new replacement organs an/or limbs. If the original flesh is less than 2 feet distant, then it may be reattached by tendrils that shoot from the stump to pull it back together. If not then the act of regrowing a limb drops the character’s PE by 1 as body parts are cannibalised for the new mass. Unless remedied by reabsorption, this PE returns at a rate of 1 per week. Note, the removal of a trivial organ, such as a swath of skin, a pint of blood, or a finger or two does not normal require the loss of a PE point. Also note that instant limb regrowth cannot function if the character no longer has the mass to back such an action up (IE, has lost all SDC and is down to HP). Another Note, The head can be reattached if less than 2 feet away, but it cannot be regrown. The brain lives for around 5 minutes without oxygen. That’s how long the body has to be reunited with the head (or vice versa). Reattachment will occur any time before brain death. A Final note: Damage sustained while losing a limb cannot be reduced. The limb’s gone dude.
· Reabsorb Flesh: The character can reabsorb any of his lost body mass within about his PE in minutes, simply by touch. SDC lost (or HP) Lost from losing a body part will be partly (50%) restored by absorbing it afterwards.
· Blood loss and internal injuries. The character does not bleed while he has this power functioning. Nor can he sustain a critical hit (no doubling of damage from criticals). Any items implanted in his body (like bullets or the occasional microchip) can be expelled within 3-6 seconds. This requires that the character is aware of the implant. An implant put inside him while under toxic gas is not expelled until it has been discovered by other means. Knock out attacks only stun the character.
· A few limitations. The primary limitation here is that this power only functions when actually conscious. Damage inflicted while unconscious remains as deadly as before (but may be ‘fixed’ if the character awakens.) Also, the damage is not reduced in effect until after it has taken effect. This means that a blow that inflicts enough damage to knock out or kill this character succeeds before the injury can right itself. Also, magic and psychic attacks inflict full damage.

Grow additional Limbs:
The character has the odd ability to spontaneously grow new arms from his shoulders and back. The character can sprout 6 extra, fully functioning arms when needed, and retract them as necessary. These arms provide a number of bonuses.
1) Multiple attacks: Growing 1-3 extra arms adds +1 attack per melee. Any more adds 2 extra attacks.
2) Combat bonuses: Having 4 or more limbs allows for +2 to parry. Having 6 or more out adds +2 to strike in hand to hand combat. Attacks literally come out from all angles. +2 to entangle, +2 to grapple +2 to disarm and to resist disarms. This character is hard to grapple, being able to retract and then regrow limbs at will.
3) Special attack options. In combat, a character with more than 4 arms active may strike any opponents of choice within 6 feet, but this forfeits any autoparry. The character may also ball up to 3 fists together and perform a power attack. This chews 2 attacks, but inflicts 3d6+PS damage bonus on a foe. Arm Burst. The character may grow a limb in combat in a burst of explosive growth. Such an attack inflicts 2d4 damage (plus PS bonus) and is very hard to predict (-3 to parry or dodge).
4) Out of combat bonuses: The limbs are highly co-ordinated, and add +15% to climb, +10% to any skill where such arms could assist (such as working on automobiles). Extra limbs increase the character’s ability to lift heavy objects. Every additional pair adds to the character’s lifting weight. Arms that are destroyed or amputated (even his normal default pair) will grow back in 48Hours.

Immersion:
The character has the ability to merge his body with a larger inanimate object, granting and reciveing qualities to both that are somewhat greater than the sum of it's parts.
1) Merge: The character can immerse himself inside any solid, physical object that can accommodate his physical dimensions and out masses him by at least 100%. This merging takes a full 30 seconds to achieve and when complete the character’s molecules are spread evenly throughout its mass.
When Immersed, the character gains the following abilities:
* Can sense the status and condition of the object he is merged with. This also includes a very vague sense of the surroundings (or occasionally the internals), but is an indistinct sense, and unsuited for eavesdropping or spying. If the object contains devices for active surveillance (intercoms, security cameras etc..) then these may be utilised as sensors for the immersed character.
* Can apply force/strength equal his ME to the object he is immersed in. This can be used to Jam doors, turn steering wheels and other wise apply normal force as extending a limb.
2) Retreat. After a full 30 seconds of immersion, the character may choose to reform from any part of the item. This process takes a full further 30 seconds, but remains an efficient method of gaining covert access to secure locations. (For example, if a character wanted to get to the top of a high-rise tower, all he would need to do would be to spend 30 seconds merging with the base of the building, spend another 30 seconds within the structure, and then the last 30 seconds reforming in the bathroom on the top floor.)
3) Mutual benefits: While resting inside an object, the character heals himself at 3 times normal rate. Furthermore, the object itself regenerates at the same rate.
4) Drawbacks and limitations: While immersed with an object, the character shares that objects fate. For Every 10% of damage suffered by that object, the character suffers 5%. Also there is a size and mass limit for Immersion. If the character attempts to immerse himself in any object of truly immense mass (like the state of Ohio, a mountain or other gigantic object) then the character will be too dispersed to think. He is immediately knocked unconscious and has a 30% chance every day of being ejected randomly.

And some minors

Forge Link
The character may forge a biological link with as many people as his level. By touching them, he forces them to make a save vs this link (14+ PE applies. Victims may choose to fail)
The character gains the following benefits with regards to the link.
· The shock and pain of injury gets transferred throughout the link. Up to half the damage received from any attack may be transferred to other participants in the link. Unwilling targets may save (14+) to not receive the damage. If other targets in the link take damage, then the character may choose to absorb up to half that damage himself.
· HP may be shared freely from any willing participants in the link.
· Each member gains +1 to save vs powers, chemicals or viruses that affect the character or his nervous system. (aids against nerve gas, but not smoke inhalation. Aids against disruptive touch and mental stun but not direct damage attacks). This bonus increases by 1 per extra person in the link
· Each character can feel where the others are, and can gauge their mood and feelings. This sensing range is very broad and shallow, and maxes out at a limit of 500 feet per level.

Flare
The character can launch an attack of some sort of semisolid matter, that incandesces with heat and light.
Attacks per melee: as many as the character HTH attacks
Range: a whopping 1000 feet per level. By expending 2 attacks, the flare may double it’s Range.
Bonus to strike: +3 with an aimed shot. +1 with a wild shot.
Damage: 1d6 per level of experience.
Special properties.
Automatic ricochet: The flare will automatically rebound off a solid target, possibly hitting a second or third target. By taking a –2 to hit (must be an aimed shot) the character can hit up to as many targets with this power as his level, making a new attack after each target is hit. This is not a controlled shot however, and any miss ends the ricochet.
Light Source: as a brilliant flash of light, the flare can be seen for as many miles as the character’s level. Twice that in a darkened area. The character can also (rescinding the ricochet effect listed earlier) fire it into a solid object and let it illuminate a large sized area with daylight like brightness for 3 minutes per level. If desired, the character can launch the flare into his own hand, acting as a brilliant torch for the duration.
Blinding strike: any head shot made by this power forces an opponent to save vs blindness (PE bonuses count. 14+ required). Any blind opponent stays that way for 2 melee rounds, losing –3 to strike, parry, dodge and initiative. Such a head shot is a called and aimed shot, that requires at least a 16 or better.

Skin Alteration:
The character can alter the surface texture and appearance of his skin. Apart from being an excellent disguise, it has a number of other properties.
The character can alter his colouration, appearing to be any typical ethnicity as he chooses. His kin control also allows him to duplicate moles, epicanthic folds and other features of his skin. He may also choose to take on unnatural features and hues.
The character can make his skin texture extremely rigid, hard and abrasive, granting him an AR of 10, and an SDC boost of 25.
The character may also use his control of his skin to slow bleeding, and will not bleed out while conscious.
Prehensile flesh: the character can also form small, tight flesh ropes from loosened skin. These ropes have the PP of the use, but a PS of 3. They can extend 4 feet per level, and the character can form a maximum of 1 every second level.
The character’s control over his skin gives him a disguise and impersonation bonus of +20%. In addition, the character enjoys a +3 to escape from holds and grapples by shedding portions of his skin. +5% to escape artist.

Stilts:
The character can extend his legs to triple normal distance, essentially doubling his overall height. Apart from the practical uses for being able to reach high places, the character can enjoy a healthy stride (double normal speed) and can use rapid telescoping of his legs to propel himself upwards his own height x2 long or his own height +50% high.
The force of his telescoping legs allow him to kick at a distance, adding +4 to kick damages

Like, whatever

Batts

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”