SEX Magic???

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Cinos
Hero

Re: SEX Magic???

Unread post by Cinos »

dark brandon wrote:yep, really. Maybe it's good, maybe just odd...maybe just luck. I'd wager that most female gamers would get uncomfortable with sex magic. Hell, i'm not a girl, and I'd get wierded out by seeing billy, the 400lb gamer that sweats butter talking about how his female character writhes in extacy as she performs odd sexual acts to gain a bonus to spell magic...I mean...just..no...

I know dozens of people who wouldn't blink at the thought of using tantric style rituals for both some depth of play, and for meta game power (free spell power and P.P.E?). However, not one of them would be trying or advocating the exact descriptions of these things. It's like try to describe exactly how your character eats their ham and cheese sandwich. Just because there is a road of good RP descriptions open to you (by good RP, I mean, richly described), doesn't mean everyone's gonna jump on the thought.

I also can't help feel a bit of resentment to the latter part of that statement, to which you've specifically brought up more then once, which is the physical condition of gamers, not one of my gaming crew has -ever- remotely matched that description, and that's a rather gutsy (or ignorant) thing to start branding about on a gaming forum. The point is, the ability to use distasteful magic to many ends in game, actually would provide very poignant RP, and in this case, it seems such hit too close to home. How do the various priest sects interact with these mages? What about rank and file soldiers? After all, this is a pseudo-sacred act to many, and the out come of that could add a lot to a game.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Cinos wrote:I also can't help feel a bit of resentment to the latter part of that statement, to which you've specifically brought up more then once, which is the physical condition of gamers, not one of my gaming crew has -ever- remotely matched that description, and that's a rather gutsy (or ignorant) thing to start branding about on a gaming forum.

I've been to a few cons. Trust me, the description isn't far off... :D (of course there are some raging hottie gamers too)

After all, this is a pseudo-sacred act to many, and the out come of that could add a lot to a game.

You might be right. I'm not gonna say you're wrong. I will say I disagree. I don't think it'll add anything to the game, and the majority of the people out there will not use it and would rather have other things in it's place. For whatever reason (ignorance, closeminded-ness, cultural influance) it's just not something that is wanted in a game such as this.

And if it does come out, and is hugely popular and adds a lot to a game, I'll be the first to say "well, look at that, I was wrong. Good gaming brothers and sisters!"
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Mark Hall wrote:
Prysus wrote:
Balabanto wrote:Let me get this straight. Ripping people apart and showing them their intestines is MORE mentally healthy than sharing pleasure with another to gather power?

Have you all lost your minds? No. Really. I mean this. Have you all lost your minds?

Palladium has that warning on it's books for a reason. You can always choose not to buy the book. But you know, I would rather have my scrupulous good character gather power through sex than have the only way to gain additional PPE be to butcher people like animals.

Greetings and Salutations. Reading that comment and I just have to ask ... have you never been to a movie? Or even a video game really? A movie about killing people? Can be Rated PG-13 (R, at worst). A movie about sex? Well, there's a special little section for that. The fact you seem shocked by this makes me wonder what corner of the world you live in to have no concept of this fact.

He lives in a non-United States part of the world. The US is incredibly prudish when it comes to naked people.

My wife teaches a sex education class at a local community college, and this subject is discussed often.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Danger wrote:My wife teaches a sex education class at a local community college, and this subject is discussed often.

And they have other tools and ways of roleplaying as education.

I'm in agreement with DB on this one...While I'd be pleased(and, yes, titillated) to see Sex Magic come out in a Palladium book, from a business sense it wouldn't help Palladium very much to dedicate some odd pages of print(and, if they're daring, art) to something players would find difficult to use.

The only way I could see it used, perhaps, is as a directed effect/persuasion magic, similar to Psionic coercion...you know; "Your Seductress Mage casts Mists of Amor on the sentry...he turns and looks at you...REALLY looks at you...he forgets he's on duty..he starts walking towards you, fumbling at the catches on his armor...""When he takes his helmet off, my Paratrooper come sup behind him and clouts him in the noggin.",or..."EEEEYYOOOWWWWWW!!!""What did you just do? Mental Icepick?""Nah, I lit up every pleasure center in his brain. He'll be out of it for hours!"...that sort of thing...or a Blessing style thing used on other people; "I grant you good people fertility and easy childbirths this coming year!"
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”