Nema's 28,000 Human Troops awaken!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nightmask
Palladin

Re: Nema's 28,000 Human Troops awaken!

Unread post by Nightmask »

RedRose wrote:
Mech Viper Prime wrote:My question is if they could cause Archie to go into a dream state
how come they just didn't take him off line too? Must be the hand
of god the protects coalition, also protects archie too

Wrong.

They can put him under for a few hrs at a time. From a remote location.
Not his actual main facility. There for while they are able to make him
sleep for a few hrs at a time, they are unable to remotely take him off
line.

Remember, they are using factory 7 or was it factory 9. Which is no where
near (alegedly) from the main facilities of Archie.

And if logic holds true, then the base number of production factories of
Archie's are at LEAST as many as 9 factories.

Not really, while there are several factories given by number in the retcon to introduce the Republicans that doesn't mean all factories between 1 and 9 are active, some could have been destroyed/lost and unavailable. Just as ARCHIE-4, 5, and 6 aren't active even though we have an ARCHIE-3 on Earth and an ARCHIE-7 on the Moon.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

RedRose wrote:Well I gave you the book. If you refuse to look up the required information, then that is upon you.

But it is canon that Archie has resources explained in great depth, over parts of that book that show not only is he legitimatly able to do such a crazy feet, but it hints that after storing such resources for decades upon decades upon centuries, that creating 400k robots a month would only be a start of what he is truly capable of.

Really? All I'm asking for is a page numer. Hey you read it, and said you found said answer and it's cannon. I am not going to look through a 120 page book to find an answer you read in some blurb. Providing a page number is part of that proof. Otherwise its just heresay.

Sorry, but if you cannot provide a page number, I have to assume you're making it up. The fact that he only has about 40,000 bots at his disposal is kinda strange.

Again, I like Archie, and have no problem with him being the man, but I've never read anything that implies he is even close to said figures you are providing. I'm willing to beleive, I'd just like proof.
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Hmm. So it's mostly in the AA-72 'Bot discription? Problem is I've read through that one, and don't see anything that you are discribing, other than Archie has bots that aquire materials.

I also read that he only has a couple hundred out at any given time looking for materials.

1. The average Archie bot weighs about 800 lbs. some weigh more, some less, but 800 lbs is average.

2. To produce 400,000 Robots you would need roughly 160,000 TONS (or 320 million pounds) of raw materials.

3. Which means that each bot would have to locate, mine (or salvage) and transport 800 TONs (or 1.6 million pounds) of material every month.

4. Sure they could stockpile, but unless he has that many reasourse every month his production will slow down.

Again, I'm a big Archie fan, but I find this stuff a bit hard to swallow. I'd like some better explinations other than "it's in the book."

That's some crazy logistics right there. Makes even the CS and there insane production capabilities look tame.

It think I'll settle with my very canon explination that Archie has roughly 40,000 bots (numbers from SB1 revised, and Shemerrian Nation), and he can produce more when others are destroyed. Sorry, no canon evedence the Archie has a million + bots.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

RedRose wrote:
Sorry, but if you cannot provide a page number, I have to assume you're making it up.
The fact that he only has about 40,000 bots at his disposal is kinda strange.

That is of course your opinion. I've given you the book its in. Archie has created bots
specifically to find / locate / mark resources.

If you refuse to look threw the book for (and its not just a blurb here or there but
pages upon pages upon robot descriptions) archie's resource hunting / logical showing
of where he gets his from. (which is hundreds of times more thought out then what is
shown of the Coalition's own resources or anything)

That is of course on you. The entire book is a absolute GREAT read, if you choose to
ignore canon due to not wanting to read it.

That does not make the canon any less canon.

Just because Redrose is being a pain and not providing a page number does not make it non-canon. However, that being said, Redrose, if you know where the answer is at and refuse to give it, it certainly looks like you are blowing smoke from your rear. It is common curtsey to provide the page number when quoting canon. To do otherwise just creates "Na-ah", "Yes-huh" arguments.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

was a fun topic. Now its not.
Bored now.

Warning: Spam
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Rappanui wrote:Most of the material that explains archie's increased capacity are found in random places, Rifter expansions, and random adventures in Rifts index books.
but the official numbers is 10,000 per month, or roughly 40,0000 a month... HOWEVER the few mechanoid facilities he does have could make 10 times more...
in the rifter that introduced that these bays survived, archie is using them to release titan robotics gear.

Are we now establishing that Rifter articles constitute canon? I have no problem with that, but that changes alot of things... just sayin.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Hystrix wrote:
Rappanui wrote:Most of the material that explains archie's increased capacity are found in random places, Rifter expansions, and random adventures in Rifts index books.
but the official numbers is 10,000 per month, or roughly 40,0000 a month... HOWEVER the few mechanoid facilities he does have could make 10 times more...
in the rifter that introduced that these bays survived, archie is using them to release titan robotics gear.

Are we now establishing that Rifter articles constitute canon? I have no problem with that, but that changes alot of things... just sayin.

The ones that says "Official Material" are canon, which most of the ARCHIE stuff in the Rifters are.
Updated Aug 2015
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Kagashi wrote:
Hystrix wrote:

The ones that says "Official Material" are canon, which most of the ARCHIE stuff in the Rifters are.

Ok. Which Rifter.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Rappanui wrote:start the one that introduces Argent, then the bit about Titan Robotics in Merc Ops, and then the following Rifter...

So, these Rifters don't have numbers? I've been on the boards a while. You know we USED to give page numbers, now it just seems "it's in the books somewhere" is an answer for 'canon.'

Nice.

The first on is Rifter 4 (printed October 1998).
I've got Merc Ops. Are you talking about page 82? Because there is virtually nothing on Archies Manufacturing capabilities.
If you are talking about Rifter 31, I don't have that one. Oddly enough I gave up on the Rifter about issue 29, and only purchased them sporadically after that.

I do have Sourcebook One and it's more current than these.

In 109 PA Archie has:

2,460 A-49 Bots (SB1 pg 92)
1,060 A-51 Bots (SB1 pg 94)
11,300 A-63 Bots (SB1 pg 95)
4,180 A 64 Bots (SB1 pg 97)
5,536 AA-10 Bottweilers (SB1 pg 101)
490 AA-50 Bots (SB1 pg 108)
8,316 Shemarrian Bots (various; Shemarrian Nation pp 23; 83-84)
c. 8,000 A-002 Monst-Rex (roughly on for every Shemerrian; Shemarrian Nation pg 63)
c. 2,000 A-001 Wild Monst-Rex (Shemarrian Nation pg 63)
a few thousand Shemerrian Wolves (Shemarrian Nation pg 73)
unknown number of AA-03 Avion Spies (Shemarrian Nation pg 76-78)
a few hundred AA-72 Bots (Shemarrian Nation pg 79)
an unknown number of Imitation Bots (Shemarrian Nation pg 75)

Total Archie Bots in service as of 109 PA: 43,342 plus a few thousand others which are not given total numbers (as mentioned above).

I say that to ask this: if Archie can produce 400,000 Bots a month why does he have such a minuscule force by comparison? This is why I want better proof than “I found it somewhere in a Rifter”, or “It’s in this book somewhere.” I gave you all a detailed layout of Archies active Bots. Give me more detail.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I always found that ARCHIE's production capabilities outpaced the number of troops he actually has in service, due to his nature.

He's still in hiding mode. He's not ready to come out. He's had several hundred years to put his factories online AND find resources.

He is the planet game changer if he wants to, he's a physical god or artificial alien intelligence if you will. He just hasn't found the "need" to. This probably has something to do with his relationship with the Republican's

But this is Rifts where the Coalitions still survives and Mages were able to stop Nuke's. Archie was able to take down the Mechanoids, and Splynncryth stays on his island.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Rappanui wrote:also note, Archie is the only power that has Subways operating in most of the Coalition and Human empires where his titan robotics are found.
this is made possible by his robot legions, and the fact most people would never think anyone would operate a Subway system in modern day rifts, too chaotic and who would want to work underground...

Would you provide a page reference for those subways, please?
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Mack wrote:
Rappanui wrote:also note, Archie is the only power that has Subways operating in most of the Coalition and Human empires where his titan robotics are found.
this is made possible by his robot legions, and the fact most people would never think anyone would operate a Subway system in modern day rifts, too chaotic and who would want to work underground...

Would you provide a page reference for those subways, please?

Good luck with that. So far I've been the only one to provide page numbers.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

RedRose wrote:
Hystrix wrote:I say that to ask this: if Archie can produce 400,000 Bots a month why does he
have such a minuscule force by comparison?

Easily answerable.

Because Archie does not want people to become aware of his presence. This is stated
in nearly every single Archie piece there is.

Tho his mass production capabilities are by far his "teeth", his biggest currently
power is the fact that no one knows he exsists at the moment. And as such, they would
not be prepared for anything he can toss out at them.

Source? If it's in EVERY publication about Archie could you provide one that actually states what you are saying?

Should we assume that he can produce 70 billion a month, but dosen't? His hiding dosn't lean any evedence to HOW MUCH he can produce... And most of the bots listed in SB1 are in his bunkers in storage. So why would adding 100,000, or 1 million be any big deal if he's storing them anyway?
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

RedRose wrote:I for one, do find if funny that you want a cited sourced quote for something EVERYONE knows about archie, and that is for himself, he wants to remain hidden for as long as possible.

This is a common theme about archie so far to date. But give me a few and I will find a quote.

When someone asks for a quote it's because they don't know something to be a fact.

Not everyone can memorize every passage in every book and retain that knowledge for years on end.

Also, experience has taught us that people lie and/or bend the truth to suit their needs or desires. Those people most likely to lie and/or bend the truth are the ones most likely to not provide (or even who refuse to provide) quotes or use statements of "Well you must own the books go look it up!"
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Cyber-Knight
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cyber-Knight »

Slight001 wrote:
RedRose wrote:I for one, do find if funny that you want a cited sourced quote for something EVERYONE knows about archie, and that is for himself, he wants to remain hidden for as long as possible.

This is a common theme about archie so far to date. But give me a few and I will find a quote.

When someone asks for a quote it's because they don't know something to be a fact.

Not everyone can memorize every passage in every book and retain that knowledge for years on end.

Also, experience has taught us that people lie and/or bend the truth to suit their needs or desires. Those people most likely to lie and/or bend the truth are the ones most likely to not provide (or even who refuse to provide) quotes or use statements of "Well you must own the books go look it up!"

Exactly. When referencing something in a book it's always best to provide precise citations, at least a page number and preferably a quoted passage to go with it.
MIAMI, FL: Player Looking For a Game.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

RedRose wrote:
SB1, pg 11. wrote:Furthermore, his superior robot designs and mass production capabilities can beat the
Coalition's any day of the week. The CS (and all people in the Americas) are fortunate
that the indecisive and timid A.I. is hesitant to make his presence known to the world

There it is, Archie does not want people to know about him let alone where he is
operating at.

Just to like everybody to know it's in the revised SB1 not the original SB1
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Hystrix wrote:
Kagashi wrote:
Hystrix wrote:

Ok. Which Rifter.

http://nexusnine.net/doc/rftr/03/

Issue 4 page 64
Updated Aug 2015
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Slight001 wrote:

Yep. Plus, it's kind of a courtesy. I have Rifter 4, Sourcebook One, and Shemmerian Nation. There are a few Rifters I don't have. I have all Rifts books except Black Market. I don't memorize them though. I think some folks forget that there are over 60 Rifts books.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Kagashi wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
Kagashi wrote:
Hystrix wrote:

Ok. Which Rifter.

http://nexusnine.net/doc/rftr/03/

Issue 4 page 64

Thank you.

Return to “Rifts®”