Is Thraxus's power hype or substance?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Re: Is Thraxus's power hype or substance?

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Thraxus has lived enough to apply the maxim that Power (with the capital "P" there) has no requirement to flaunt itself. He sometimes slips those nasty little rumors & innuendos about his Power into the social mythology surrounding him (by 3rd & 4th hand proxy, of course; never the same source twice) as a psychological weapon to confound any potential rival/enemy.

Some time ago (some say as far back as a few centuries), a rival Godling dared to make a move against Thraxus. His mistake was that he took most of the hyperbole surrounding Thraxus as semi-truth, & mounted an assault when he believed Thraxus to be off-guard.
But, as we all know, Thraxus is rarely such. Rumor has it that this unnamed Godling languishes in one of Thraxus' vaults, lamenting on his arrogant error in judgement. Depending on which tale you listen to, the 'punishment' ranges from variants of the classic Prometheus legend (some random vital organ is daily ripped out & devoured by a particularly nasty entity, only to regrown by the next dawn) to being locked just nano-seconds before his death, fully aware of his status & the passage of normal time around him.

Of course, there is little to no evidence this actually occurred.....but they say truth is stranger than fiction.....
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Jay05
Adventurer

Re: Is Thraxus's power hype or substance?

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:
Alrik Vas wrote:Might be asking for a little much there...

One can dream...
Well That only ended that part of the debate. The basis of Thraxus's power can still be up for debate. And apparently is via the post previous to this one.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”