Psi-Nullifier taking a magic using OOC

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Psi-Nullifier taking a magic using OOC

Unread post by eliakon »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:If it is canon, then it's published in a book, not posted. (As I have said before.)

That's your opinion, and your entitled to it. But since this is explicitly listed as Errata, that means that it is part of the book.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Since there are some things were posted just a stop gap item to fill in till the published canon came out, they are ether defunct or optional. If PB really wanted to make them canon they certainly didn't make an effort into publishing them like they did with the canon rules.

Again this is neither defunct (since the new rules neither say that they are superseded, nor are they incompatible) nor are they listed as optional.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:And now we are going in circles. Since you do not like my assertions and try to refute them and I've refuted your assertions, I think we should stop. since to go on would be to just be restating stuff we have already said before.

Pretty much yes. Its now into the realm of "my personal opinion on what should be included in Canon"
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

What if I told you a web site was a book?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Tor wrote:What if I told you a web site was a book?

Then you would be lying.

While I am certain there are web sides with novels on them out there, This one id my fav: xhttp://www.baenebooks.com/ , they are still just websites.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Depends on how broadly one defines book. We have "E-books" after all. Not a huge difference between reading pages off one of those and reading pages off a web site.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Since you know what I mean when I say published gamebook means a physical book, I will not let you twist my words to fit the loophole you wish to create. Published Canon is in a Published Physical Gamebook.

Even including into the definition of being published to include e-books it would still need to be published as a book, something that looks like a book, that you buy and save on your own computer. Much like Rifter 0, the only real E-book PB has published. And then you were going to say something about the other e-book PB has made from their Published book?.....Which are just copies of their published gamebooks. bah....bad example on your part if you try, cause they are but copies of real books as such derive their status as canon through the physical books.

The published gamebooks, not just some "web page" "posted" at a web site. Especially since said web page, the you two keep mentioning, should of be taken down when the Published Canon Rules were published, because they conflict with the Published Canon. So chalk another :crane: up'ed argument, up to PB's bad house keeping.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Some of us view the island rules as supplementing the online errata about what was left out of PF2nd. Doesn't hurt to have 2 options for how much experience you want to spend to get an OCC.

These rules are also in PRPG too, a strong resemblance, and PF2nd stuff doesn't nullify 1stPRPG stuff.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Tor wrote:Some of us view the island rules as supplementing the online errata about what was left out of PF2nd. Doesn't hurt to have 2 options for how much experience you want to spend to get an OCC.

These rules are also in PRPG too, a strong resemblance, and PF2nd stuff doesn't nullify 1stPRPG stuff.

The the changing class rules in the High Seas book are the published canon rules, if you want to complain about them being changed from the old stop-gap posted rules in the "cutting room floor" then complain to KS about it not me.

I don't know why you are trying to confuse the issue by trying to bring in PF 1st ed into the discussion, unless you are trying to distract everyone that your arguments have been so thoroughly refuted that you want to change what is being discussed so you can win at something else.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

the changing class rules in the High Seas book are the published canon rules
They are SOME canon published rules. Online-published errata rules are still canon.

if you want to complain about them being changed from the old stop-gap posted rules in the "cutting room floor" then complain to KS about it not me.
Nothing to complain about, nothing was changed/replaced, we got a 2nd set. Like how Pantheons/Nightbane gave us 2 Liliths.

trying to confuse the issue by trying to bring in PF 1st ed into the discussion
I think you're quick to suppose a motivation toward confusion in others when that does not apply. I bring it up because I see it as relevant. The PF2nd errata stuff is much closer to the PRPG stuff than the Island stuff.

your arguments have been so thoroughly refuted that you want to change what is being discussed
It's not a change, I'm bringing up that since people can still play PRPG that its class-changing rules are still in effect in the Megaverse. N&SS still says in the back that I can use it with the Palladium RPG. So I can multi-class being a dedicated martial artist with being a Diabolist and a Wizard.

The reason I look down on the Island rules as not being the only form of class-changing is because (if I remember correctly) it limits you to just 2 classes, but we have examples of NPCs being able to get 3, so since 3 are possible, players should (and do) have a means to get that.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”