Bionic or Biotic...??

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Which Conversion would you go with : Bionics or Biotics ??

Biotic - Splice me up !
52%
Bionic - Rebuild me Mr. Gorden !
48%

Total votes: 67

TechnoGothic
Knight

Re: Bionic or Biotic...??

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Biotic Biotic Six...lol.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

Blight wrote:i don't know why people keep forgetting with a brain tube you can have multiple bodies as a borg. Your big monstrous combat body, and your very human good looking fully interactive humanoid body. And if you use the rules from triax you can convert a full blown on giant robot as your body.

Bionic for the reasons listed above.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

I'M THE TIE BREAKER, BIOTIC FTW.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

OneTrikPony wrote:I'm a rifts noob

Biotics sound very interesting.
which books can I find this in?

thanks

It's actually part of the Splicer's game...

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/Merchant2 ... _Code=S200
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

TechnoGothic wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Triax Borgs do it in VR

Yeah but Biotics can do it for real though.
Might want to warn her you upgraded it to a Gore Cannon first however... :lol: :eek: :lol:

Bionics are still better, especially the CS models. In addition to the prospect of all sorts of "attachments", they get to keep their tongues... the ladies appreciate that sort of thing. :P
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i'm beginning to get the feeling most people don't actually know what a biotic is... at all...
TechnoGothic
Knight

OneTrikPony wrote:I'm a rifts noob

Biotics sound very interesting.
which books can I find this in?

thanks

SPLICERS RPG
Biotics are Biotech enhanced Humans. Instead of using Host Armors or Warmounts, they have the Bioenhancements done to their own bodies. In a way they are Human "Warmounts".
They are Biotech "Cyborgs" for a Rifts comparison.

Dead Boy wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Triax Borgs do it in VR

Yeah but Biotics can do it for real though.
Might want to warn her you upgraded it to a Gore Cannon first however... :lol: :eek: :lol:

Bionics are still better, especially the CS models. In addition to the prospect of all sorts of "attachments", they get to keep their tongues... the ladies appreciate that sort of thing. :P

Biotics keep their Tongues, their entire packages, reproduction ability, etc...
Biotics can have their Tongues enhanced even. Prehincile(sp?).

Shark_Force wrote:i'm beginning to get the feeling most people don't actually know what a biotic is... at all...

I'm geting that feeling too Sharky.
If they know what a Biotic is then they would know they can have sex, have tongues, reproduce, eat, have tons of Bioweapons, bioarmors, Super Healing (1d6 md per round), can have any bioenahncement a host armor can (no restrictions), Upgrade their Splicer (robotic) Strength to Supernatural PS. And with the right bioenhancement can regrow their own bodies from "death" (Lazarus Gland).
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

The Splice must Flow...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Shark_Force wrote:i'm beginning to get the feeling most people don't actually know what a biotic is... at all...

Actually, yes, I am aware of what they are and where they come from. However those with biotic enhancements take on a more monstrous appearance, and are less human (if I recall correctly; my book is burred somewhere around here). So, unless the ladies (or men?) feel like being the stars in their own disturbing monster-hentai movie, the idea of a completely "human" tongue and face, even if attached to a machine-man, may be more appealing.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

how inhuman the biotic looks depends largely on what mods they choose. if you don't take many bio-modifications that will turn you into some sort of freakish monstrosity, then you won't look like some sort of freakish monstrosity.

i mean, i don't recall anyone saying you'd be forced to choose the most hideous, non-humanoid, repulsive cyborg frame anywhere. why would the assumption be that you're going to automatically for sure wind up with tentacles that have tentacles growing out of them as a biotic?
TechnoGothic
Knight

Biotics can have a high PB even.

You may have say :
Bio-Force Field, Stealth Field, Claws as your only Features.

The Remaking process may reduce your Intelligence, but you can have 14+ IQs. But no rules for lowering your IQ either. Up to you. You can select Higher IQs as a feature...weird.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Return to “Rifts®”