If u take a leak on a vampire will it do damage?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: If u take a leak on a vampire will it do damage?

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Sea Vampiers are described in Rifts Lemure see page PG 157 Mahiki Milu.
Quote: pg 159.
Davey's savior and master is a rare and ancient type of bampire intelligence that creates undead monsters that live in the sea,"

Using physics to determine metaphysical weakness is flawed concept, is the culture attachment of magic that determins not modern logic and science. Urine is not in the same metaphyscical clasification as water- see earler nots on alchemy and belife.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

More reasons to snag Lemuria...

Your notes on alchemy and belief may not be applicable to the Rifts setting or how vulnerabilities work. Physics have to apply to some degree in regard to establishing when water is pure enough to damage a vampire. A lot of swamps are lower % water than diluted urine, for example.

Going by a "must be higher % water than blood" guideline seems reasonable enough, unless there's some other indication on what percentage to use.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Blue_Lion
Knight

I stand by the belife that physics can not explain magic or magical weakness. Magic is based on perception and bends the laws of physics.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Blue_Lion wrote:I stand by the belife that physics can not explain magic or magical weakness. Magic is based on perception and bends the laws of physics.

Magic being part of reality is part of physics, it simply requires learning laws specific to it than the non-magical part of the physical world.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Nightmask wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:I stand by the belife that physics can not explain magic or magical weakness. Magic is based on perception and bends the laws of physics.

Magic being part of reality is part of physics, it simply requires learning laws specific to it than the non-magical part of the physical world.

Magic is metapysics or out side normal laws of normal physics.

Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Blue_Lion wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

Magic is metapysics or out side normal laws of normal physics.

As I already noted magic is part of reality making it part of physics and capable of having its rules determined in scientific fashion (and no just because it's not necessarily possible to determine all those rules or why some things occur that can't be predicted doesn't make it not part of reality or capable of study).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Just to clarify here, the reason water hurts vampires is not magic, vampires are elemental beings with weaknesses that might be considered supernatural, but supernatural weaknesses are not perception-based like magic is. Our ideas on how magic works apply to when vampires are hurt with spells, not when they are hurt by their other vulnerabilities.

How a person 'perceives' water doesn't change whether or not it hurts a vampire. Were that the case, I could fill a bottle full of oil, give it to someone and say it was water, and they could harm vampires with it.

Similarly, if I told someone a vial of water was actually liquid nitrogen, it would not cease to harm vampires because it was perceived as non-water.

The narrow discussion of what can or can't qualify as 'holy' water would not extend to a vampire's overall water vulnerability. Water harms vampires because of its concentration and purity, yes, and those are things which can be chemically measured.

It can't be a 100% purity policy as then no water but that freshly conjured from the Elemental Plane of Water could possibly EVER be pure enough.

We need to draw a line somewhere for concentration/contamination and apply that equally to all things, regardless of what they are. There is no reason to do otherwise.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Rifts®”