How would you kill Prosek?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Alejandro wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:
sennin wrote:
Alejandro wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:how would I kill Prosek? Using the most lethal weapon available to me...the ability to write canon material. hahahaha :lol:

Except a certain company president still edits what you write...and Prosek is his golden boy. Even you would get backhanded...HAR!

Alejandro FTW!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

oh boy, here comes Alejandro the Living Planet! ;)

Oh I know who you mean...but we both know I'd also be a wicked Unicron!

As long as I've got the matrix.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Alejandro wrote:Except a certain company president still edits what you write...and Prosek is his golden boy. Even you would get backhanded...HAR!

Ah yes. But you are assuming that I wouldn't have it make sense. I now take this as a personal challenge. lol.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Tolkeen Siege = Improbable, but not impossible. But thats just a difference of opinion. lol. Just to defend my ego, if any freelancer is going to kill Prosek, its gonna be me. hahahaha
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Why can't someone just blow the emperor up with MDC pipe bombs like in good old Duke Nukem 3d for N64 and PC. Those pipe bombs rocked those aliens! 8-)
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
sennin
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by sennin »

OK, how about this:

1. Get over to Phase World.
2. Commission a number of fighters equipped with batteries of heavy phase beamers to be built.
3. Rift all the fighters to Chi Town.
4. Blast the ever living hell out of the place.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Seems as if I've had this arguement before.

Following the rules that lasers are both invisible and make no noise I'd use an ATL-7 to make sure I can get through any bodyguards that try to jump in the way. I'd have a phase field belt so that I could walk through walls some sort of mind-block and psi-null device an anti-magic device so that the vanguard can't find me. I'd also use naruni camo-sheets and I'd take my time. The largest arguement from before was that a psyker with sixth-sense would jump in the way and if you follow the last MD (aka GI JOE) rule then he'd take all the damage from the ATL-7 if that rule was being followed I'd plan it far in advance find their spouses, significant other, children, parents etc. and kill them one at a time while Prosek was in public. The Psyker jumps prosek for no reason (because his sixth sense goes off because someone close to him (emotionally) is in a life and death situation. After a while Prosek won't trust any of them and durring his next public appearance he's got a head wound. If your "good" then you can just hire thugs to threaten their family members, if they beleive it is a life and death situation then it is.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Re: How would you kill Prosek?

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Kill his son.
Or just use a Nightbane... my group did.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

Unread post by psam_rage »

Wow you guys are way to complicated... Just set up a couple hundred well hidden 100+ megaton nukes in a 100 mile radius of Chi-Town and detonate them in unison.... maybe on his birthday :lol:. Even if he survive the blast the entire place will be Irradiated and the heart of the CS will be destroyed......

Alternitavly you could get a couple thousand nukes and repeatedly nuke one spot over and over until the earth cracks. I advise St. Louis. since the arch is Indestructible and that way you could claim that you were trying to close the rift should you get caught. :bandit:
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

they assuredly have detectors for nukes around chi town
moreover the Emperor underground bunker is miles down likely and would not be affected.

you guys are not even thinking of all the magic he has access to in the Black Vault he problay has dozens of rune items for defense naruni force shield which would stop intangilage and phase folks. Then there are the forgotten heors of the Vanguard ready to use all manners of arcane powers for our leader.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

It mentions that the CS sometimes hires Psi Slayers. If one of them can ever find anything Prozek has touched, then they can track him and find out wherte he is. Once you know where he really is, there has to be some way to strike at it (how, unfortunately, will depend on where he is and how much collateral damage you are willing to inflict).
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I think his wife is either a sleeper agent or something worst. Lord Dunscon & his minions had her for a very along time and I think he let her get rescued to put his future plan into play. Also remember that after she returned to Emperor his surprising change in personality, could that end up having a more sinister story behind it. Could one of Dunscon's underlings possess a similar power to Saruman's control over King Théoden in the Two Towers. If so he could just kill him now, but instead use the Emperor as a puppet to burn his own empire down. Now that revenge! What if Prosek's son has to stop his father perhaps by killing him, would the people then accept him as the new Emperor or call for his head. Could this lead to Mrs Prosek becoming Emperoress.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Gotta go with George Carlin's suggestion: grab somebody else, swing them around, and use them to beat Karl to death with.... :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Dog_O_War
Champion
Comment: I'ma fight you, Steve!

Unread post by Dog_O_War »

Super-powers are the only feasible way to accomplish this without an army or a life-time.

The two I would bet on would be sonic flight and intangibility. Sonic flight helps you find him fast, and intangibility gets rid of those pesky "walls". That's if I were restricted to two powers.

Problem is the force-field. Really, if I were the Emperor of Humanity, my fortress would have some type of energy shielding. They have the tech (even if they don't widely use it) from numerous alien encounters, as well as from dealing with the NGR. He'd probably have both a chamber and personal force-field.

As an experiment super-human though (three powers) I'd use energy absorbtion as well as the side-effect "doesn't need air to breathe". As a being now immune to physical and energy attacks that moves at mach. I'd just punch him really, really hard or unleash a burst of MD energy on him. As far as psychics go, some kinda juggernaut helmet is all I can think of. Without additional powers that is.
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
My masters were full of cheesecake
The answer to all your "not realistic!" questions. FIREBALL!
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Ah! Zombie-thead! Kill it, kill it!
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
taalismn
Priest

Talavar wrote:Ah! Zombie-thead! Kill it, kill it!

Prosek likely HAS MSP: Zombie Immortality....He will not be killed...not in our lifetimes, fellow gamers...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Re:

Unread post by ZINO »

Marrowlight wrote:I'd kill him with kindness.

Or a Mass Driver. I could snag all of Chi-Town in the process with that.

why not get SDF-1 .SDF-3 AND BLOW HIM in that base he giong , he he he he
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

Re: Re:

Unread post by psam_rage »

ZINO wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:I'd kill him with kindness.

Or a Mass Driver. I could snag all of Chi-Town in the process with that.

why not get SDF-1 .SDF-3 AND BLOW HIM in that base he giong , he he he he

Was already shot down in 9 1/2.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

start a rumor the he is possess by a supernatural force and when they try to state otherwise , included the high command are possessed too, sure it might not kill him but it will be fun to watch
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

Killing him might make you feel good, however, in my opinion I think the CS would obviouslty deny it happened. Use some fake story why the emperor is never seen anymore, like doing top secret research or something like that. Another thought would be a clone or robot of him. That and his son or someone else, would just take over and might be twice as bad as Karl. That aside I honestly think the best bet would be a regular human, like special forces that way they don't trigger any psionic detection, and they wouldn't trigger six sense until they were ready to strike. One way around sixth sense is don't attack him directly, if you know Karl walks accross a specific bridge to get to his conference room, garden, etc then sabotage the bridge long before he walks on it.
batlchip
Hero
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.

Unread post by batlchip »

Maybe a giant rift to the mechanoids home world as close as possible to chi-town would work? :D
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

a) In his sleep. "You evening hot-toddy, my leige." (this, of course, being the final trigger in a three-part poison)
b) Plant incontrivertable evidence that his son is Lord Dunscon. The resulting conflict should at least incapacitate him.
c) Have him haunted by a spectral entity that sounds & looks perfectly like his late wife & accuse him of her murder. Every night until he breaks. If they capture it, replace it with another.
d) A sniper attempt is foiled by a 'loyal & partiotic' CS officer who eventually gets close enough to Prosek during the customary award ceremony, &, well....boom.
e) He gets paid a visit from Grimtooth. The shock alone should do the trick. :mrgreen:
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

batlchip wrote:Maybe a giant rift to the mechanoids home world as close as possible to chi-town would work? :D

Only if you really hate the whole world.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
taalismn
Priest

Desmond Bradford likely has clones of the guy stashed away somewhere, so unless 'Nature Versus Nurture' proves that no matter how you might twist and warp a kid, you're not going to get an exact mental copy of the guy you cloned him from, it's pretty pointless...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

A Crystal ball to locate him, and a teleport lesser and an explosive to kill him.

the hard part is the crystal ball...
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Vrykolas2k
Champion

You could get a diseased rent-boy who looks just like his son to... um... well, you get the picture.
And if you do it right, so will the rest of the CS.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

start a rumor the he is possess by a supernatural force and when they try to state otherwise , included the high command are possessed too, sure it might not kill him but it will be fun to watch

No need to kill Prosek literally, just politically. I like it. Of course there are other options that don't require him to be possessed.

A friend of mine said he once did that and Prosek did a 180 when he was freed.
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

ShadowLogan wrote:

No need to kill Prosek literally, just politically. I like it. Of course there are other options that don't require him to be possessed.

A friend of mine said he once did that and Prosek did a 180 when he was freed.

Sounds like it would be easy to foil with a simple "See Aura", which is possessed by scads of psychics throughout the Coalition.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

We had a party that succeeded at this, using a rather simple method.

Karl was making a public appearance in a parade. People were lining the balconies and streets the entire parade route. Our party had their own merc company. They and their 6 most trusted officers showed up on the parade route early, renting hotel rooms along the route, all within visual range of each other. They waited until Prosek was halfway down the street then all 12 popped open the bench they were setting on, which was actually a disguised weapon case. In the weapons case is a WI-40M Super Heavy Missile Launcher. Old Prosek got hit with 22d6x10 MD from 11 rockets (1 missed) hitting his CS Command Car which was open topped for the parade. Some people in the crowd swore that Prosek did get his helmet on in time (or guards shoved it on him), and that they even managed to get up a quick close canopy on the car. It didn't matter, the car was reduced to a small pile of slag.

Our retreat didn't go quite as well...the hotel rooms were rigged to explode, removing all evidence. Only half of the 6 trusted officers made it back to us, gunned down for being too suspicious by enraged SAMAS and soldiers who had opened fire on the crowd in the vague directions where the missiles came from. We left the building, blowing up the room behind us, and walked out in street clothes unarmed. We met up with a mage from our merc group who had been hiding in a cellar a couple blocks away and teleported out.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
batlchip
Hero

dark brandon wrote:
batlchip wrote:Maybe a giant rift to the mechanoids home world as close as possible to chi-town would work? :D

Only if you really hate the whole world.

Well it would be sorta fun. :twisted:
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Well, you could genetically engineer an eel to eat only a specific feces/meat, and encode it with Prosek's... then release it into the Chi-Town sewer system...

dark brandon
Knight

LostOne wrote:We had a party that succeeded at this, using a rather simple method.

Karl was making a public appearance in a parade. People were lining the balconies and streets the entire parade route. Our party had their own merc company. They and their 6 most trusted officers showed up on the parade route early, renting hotel rooms along the route, all within visual range of each other. They waited until Prosek was halfway down the street then all 12 popped open the bench they were setting on, which was actually a disguised weapon case. In the weapons case is a WI-40M Super Heavy Missile Launcher. Old Prosek got hit with 22d6x10 MD from 11 rockets (1 missed) hitting his CS Command Car which was open topped for the parade. Some people in the crowd swore that Prosek did get his helmet on in time (or guards shoved it on him), and that they even managed to get up a quick close canopy on the car. It didn't matter, the car was reduced to a small pile of slag.

Our retreat didn't go quite as well...the hotel rooms were rigged to explode, removing all evidence. Only half of the 6 trusted officers made it back to us, gunned down for being too suspicious by enraged SAMAS and soldiers who had opened fire on the crowd in the vague directions where the missiles came from. We left the building, blowing up the room behind us, and walked out in street clothes unarmed. We met up with a mage from our merc group who had been hiding in a cellar a couple blocks away and teleported out.

I think you went a little easy on them.

1) CS has dog boys and psychics and generally speaking most (if not all have 6th sense). They would have known a minute in advance that his life was in danger (Since nearly every one of them love him). As such, they never would have gotten real chance to hit them before they could react. At this point, your guys are probably in civilian clothing and would have been guned down by the MDC wielding CS, or if they were in any kind of armor would have been picked out of the crowd almost at an instant.

2) Second, is that a missle has a chance to be hit in the air, basically shooting it down. Since everyone at this point would have been at high alert and with the numbers of men (and high level men) I don't know if many of these missiles would have hit. Also, the driver being on alert would have had a chance to dodge the missiles.

3) Dog boys before the parade happen would probably have run up and down the street using their sniffers for just such things, and probably would have located the weapons.

4) CS has large amounts of counter-terrorism. There is a good chance the CS may have caught wind of the scheme before hand. This is a bit more iffy. I mean, just think of how rich and powerful someone could be if they expose an assassination plot on the leader of CS. With a merc group, it'd be kinda hard to resist turning your own in.

5) The mage would have almost most definatly been caught. If the boss is in town, you can bet that there would be dog boy and psi-stalker patrols for a good distance, and being a few blocks away probably wouldn't have been safe for him.

All in all, I hope you and your group had a great time. I just wanted to share why something like this had a very low chance of working (because if you think about it, if it was this easy, it probably would have been done already).
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
dark brandon
Knight

Icy Anubis wrote:All those are reasons why I like my idea of slowly driving him insane. If you dont know what I am talking about refer to my post a little earlier in this topic. All the psychics, and guards in the world cant stop him from blowing his own brains out, because the voices in his head tell him to. Well, maybe they could, but not without constant supervision, and him becoming unfit for leadership.

Can you find the spell? There's probably a good chance wearing EBA or even being in the fortress city would negate the effects.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

dark brandon wrote:I think you went a little easy on them.

I was a player, not the GM. But I'll do a little defending. Also keep in mind we were in high school and much craziness ensued in that game.

dark brandon wrote:1) CS has dog boys and psychics and generally speaking most (if not all have 6th sense). They would have known a minute in advance that his life was in danger

All they know is that there is danger, not where it is comign from. 12 missiles fired from 12 points around, from all directions. Plus they are not expecting trouble given the location the parade is taking place, so security was probably thinner than it would be if the parade was happening in, say, the Burbs.

dark brandon wrote:2) Second, is that a missle has a chance to be hit in the air, basically shooting it down. Since everyone at this point would have been at high alert and with the numbers of men (and high level men) I don't know if many of these missiles would have hit. Also, the driver being on alert would have had a chance to dodge the missiles.

Being medium range missiles, the GM ruled they had a fairly large blast radius, plus given the way parades usually go, there wouldn't be room to maneuver the car that easy. And missiles fly really fast, given the distance they are traveling, the soldiers have a split second to aim and fire, they're basically shooting wild if they really have any chance at all.

dark brandon wrote:3) Dog boys before the parade happen would probably have run up and down the street using their sniffers for just such things, and probably would have located the weapons.

I don't remember if we took that into account or not, however, if professionals, as these characters were, were attempting such a thing, the concealed cases would have been airtight and carefully cleaned beforehand to remove any trace of explosives from the outside of the case prior to being moved into position.

dark brandon wrote:4) CS has large amounts of counter-terrorism. There is a good chance the CS may have caught wind of the scheme before hand. This is a bit more iffy. I mean, just think of how rich and powerful someone could be if they expose an assassination plot on the leader of CS. With a merc group, it'd be kinda hard to resist turning your own in.

That is completely GM fiat on the counter-terrorism stuff the CS would have. However, as far as our merc group security, the only people that knew we even had this contract were the people going on the mission, and one of the PCs was a d-bee mind melter and checked them for thoughts of betrayal.

dark brandon wrote:5) The mage would have almost most definatly been caught. If the boss is in town, you can bet that there would be dog boy and psi-stalker patrols for a good distance, and being a few blocks away probably wouldn't have been safe for him.

He had a TW item that masked his PPE.

Yes we had fun, yes it is unlikely it could have been pulled off so easy, but we were kids from good neighborhoods who didn't have any real world experience. The same group later went on to reduce Lone Star to a radioactive crater by digging a tunnel miles long that went underneath lone star and leaving nuclear warheads. Again, unlikely, but fun.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
dark brandon
Knight

LostOne wrote:I was a player, not the GM. But I'll do a little defending. Also keep in mind we were in high school and much craziness ensued in that game.

You didn't need to defend. I was mearly pointing out ways the CS would have probably have stopped it, just in case any GM who wishes to run something like this would have (I would think) a deeper appreciation of the CS and make it much more difficult for the players.

All they know is that there is danger, not where it is comign from. 12 missiles fired from 12 points around, from all directions. Plus they are not expecting trouble given the location the parade is taking place, so security was probably thinner than it would be if the parade was happening in, say, the Burbs.

In this case, the CS probably never has a time they arn't expecting trouble. There would never be a parade in the 'Burbs. The Proseks are akin to living gods to the people of the CS. Saviors.

Being medium range missiles, the GM ruled they had a fairly large blast radius, plus given the way parades usually go, there wouldn't be room to maneuver the car that easy. And missiles fly really fast, given the distance they are traveling, the soldiers have a split second to aim and fire, they're basically shooting wild if they really have any chance at all.

Well, given they've had 1 minute to prepare they would be on the look out. In game terms, it would take an action to open and pick up the missiles. Each CS soldier would probably get some sort of Perception check (in those days, perception was based on some GM whims, or using detect ambush or detect concealment)...While I would give not all 12 would have been seen probably, I do think more than 1/2. Also, I think the proseks car would be a hover craft, not just a car.

I don't remember if we took that into account or not, however, if professionals, as these characters were, were attempting such a thing, the concealed cases would have been airtight and carefully cleaned beforehand to remove any trace of explosives from the outside of the case prior to being moved into position.

Possibly, but in a paranoid state, it'd be difficult that having these 12 benches just randomly appear and not have some spooked out CS citizen or overly protective CS soldier take note. There is also things like using Telepathy to scan the surface thoughts of people in the crowd, especially those who looked suspicious.

Yes we had fun, yes it is unlikely it could have been pulled off so easy, but we were kids from good neighborhoods who didn't have any real world experience. The same group later went on to reduce Lone Star to a radioactive crater by digging a tunnel miles long that went underneath lone star and leaving nuclear warheads. Again, unlikely, but fun.

Like I said, I wasn't attacking, just pointing out how I think CS security probably would be.
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Brandon I want to assassinate some top CS officials in game and I want you to run it. :heart:
dark brandon
Knight

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:Brandon I want to assassinate some top CS officials in game and I want you to run it. :heart:

:clown:

It's GO TIME!
batlchip
Hero

I would make him listen to the teddy bear song 200 times while watching barney. :D
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
Primus
Explorer

Unread post by Primus »

Get two Titan juicers...one in the front, one in the back. They grab his underwear and give him a front and back, thermo-antimatter-nuclear-powered megadamage wedgie...only way for him to go with dignity.... :eek:
"Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!"- Dr. John Zoidberg

"Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?"

Chicago Blackhawks, 2009-10 and 2012-2013 Stanley Cup Champions!
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Primus wrote:Get two Titan juicers...one in the front, one in the back. They grab his underwear and give him a front and back, thermo-antimatter-nuclear-powered megadamage wedgie...only way for him to go with dignity.... :eek:

This reminds me of high school...although I was a wimpy bystander, not the receiver or giver of the atomic wedgies.
bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

Primus wrote:Get two Titan juicers...one in the front, one in the back. They grab his underwear and give him a front and back, thermo-antimatter-nuclear-powered megadamage wedgie...only way for him to go with dignity.... :eek:

This blatantly disregards Emporer Prosek's ability to beat the tar out of a maximum of 5 Titan Juicers in one go. (Disregarding Power armor. In Power Armor, Karl Prosek can survive reentry into Earth's atmosphere by [b]Surfing[/b]. He's that hardcore.)
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
Primus
Explorer

Unread post by Primus »

bar1scorpio wrote:

This blatantly disregards Emporer Prosek's ability to beat the tar out of a maximum of 5 Titan Juicers in one go. (Disregarding Power armor. In Power Armor, Karl Prosek can survive reentry into Earth's atmosphere by [b]Surfing[/b]. He's that hardcore.)

Awwww...you really think that one partial conversion Borg couldn't be outgrappled by TWO Titan juicers? Darn...I'll have to come up with something else equally cheesy and degrading...

bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

Primus wrote:
bar1scorpio wrote:

Awwww...you really think that one partial conversion Borg couldn't be outgrappled by TWO Titan juicers? Darn...I'll have to come up with something else equally cheesy and degrading...

Well, that and Karl Prosek can't be wedgied. Er... the whole... "Commando" thing.
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
Library Ogre

bar1scorpio wrote:Well, that and Karl Prosek can't be wedgied. Er... the whole... "Commando" thing.

Karl Prosek has the most frightening form of "Hand" to Hand: Commando in the known worlds.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

How would I kill Prosek?

I'd get him a membership to Sound Off and force him to debate free will and politics...

Then...after a few days...I'd casually hand him a sharp knife and roll up his sleeve. He'd take care of the rest...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Primus
Explorer

Unread post by Primus »

Hmm..ok...here we go. Ten Titan juicers. Tie him with MDC steel cable...make sure his eyes are stuck open...thenm make him watch 72 straight hours of "The Brady Bunch" followed by 24 hours of "Oprah" and then finally, to finish him off, 48 hours straight of "Maury". If that doesn't finish him, we make him watch "Ishtar" and Mark Wahlberg's really bad "Planet of the Apes" remake. Then he'll give HIMSELF a fatal wedgie. :eek: :shock:

LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

K20A2_S wrote:Watch Vantage point.

Start a Campaign like that and run from there..................that would be fun and confusing as hell to the players!!!

I imagine that would be confusing as hell, if not impossible, to GM. Every time you rewind and have another player do something, the possibility exists that their actions will change something that's already happened in a previous rewind.
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

The way Karl Prosek will die.........

Joseph Prosek Jr.

He's the only one with freedom to contact the target, knows his location, and not only has the CS Military, CS Psi-Battalion, but also the CS Magic Corps to assist him. Yep, with Karl out of the way, I think I will be very interested to see what Joe Jr. will do.

And Joe would be one of the only people plausible to not be stopped by the 'Watchers of the Megaverse', whom are the powers keeping watch over Rifts Earth to ensure that no one power controls the Hub of the Megaverse (see Naruni Sourcebook for those details).

And note, I really love the whole 'nuke' idea. Let's bank everything on an explosive that any Mage with a single level 5 spell can counter. Implosion Nuetalizer! :D
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

I have an idea, get an entity of some kind to show him to himself as he really is. He would die from shock!
Library Ogre

Rathask wrote:As far as the psychics' Sixth Sense ability goes, assuming Prosek would even be willing to surround himself with subhumans (i.e. mutants with psionic powers),

It's worth noting that Prosek himself is not a human supremacist; he doesn't have a particular prejudice against non-humans.

I can think of one particularly nasty way to fool them. Basically, it involves a random numbers generator, some sort of signalling device (like a flashing light or the like), and the previously mentioned tactics. When Prosek is present in his throne room, the mages start casting their spells and a computer attached to the random numbers generator is activated on a timer. As the individuals involved are truly planning harm to Prosek within the next minute, it should set off the Sixth Sense ability of Prosek's mutant guards. At the very last minute, the computer would determine via the random numbers generator if the signal to halt will be given or not. The chance of the signal NOT happening will be very small, and the mages know ahead of time to stop their castings the moment the signal goes off. The mages then repeat this whole rigamarole every few hours for the next week or two.

The problem here is that doing it multiple times increases the chance that you will be located. Clairvoyant and Remote Viewing psychics will be able to track you much easier. And, once these things start happening, the CS is more likely to stop using the throne room than to keep with it... anyone high enough to have several access points to the Proseks is going to be noticed as missing.

All Palladium Articles
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Clone Rosie O'Donnell and send her after him...

Return to “Rifts®”