what are your attributes?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

llywelyn
Dungeon Crawler

Re: what are your attributes?

Unread post by llywelyn »

Intellectual Manchild OCC

IQ 16 (My original GM forgot to let me roll bonus dice)
ME 4 (Too vain to skip posting in this thread)
MA 6 (Humanity? **** 'em. BONUS: +20 for purposes of intimidation when GMing. Effectively nullified by base stat.)
PS 9 (Not actually being a Rifts character, I skipped boxing on chargen)
PP 8 (Also acrobatics)
PE 9 (Not going by "full speed" metric, by which humanity maxes out at 3 or so)
PB (If "cute" is 18, then...) 27 to Asians, 20 to whites, 12 to Latinas, 6 to sistas
Spd 8 (Also running)

PPE 1 (So no plans on sacrificing me to your dark gods)
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

This thread sucks.
I see what I claimed my stats to be back in the day and imo they were fairly accurate.
The sucky part is if I did the same today, my stats would probably be considerably lower. Aging is a ***** and this thread proves it!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

amen Giant, aging sucksssssssssss.
Except for a few grey hairs though, i still look young which is great. I get carded going to nightclubs, or buying beer still. I'll be 38 in march too.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Well, I guess I'll give this a try.

IQ: 17 (never taken an official IQ test, but the IQ estimators are all pretty consistent at around 170)
ME: 15 (my job requires excellent focus, but I'm not a machine)
MA: 14 (get along well with everyone, but I'm not the life of the party)
PS: 10 (average)
PP: 15 (pick things up easily, do kung fu, juggle)
PE: 13 (I'm not sickly and don't tire easily, but nothing special. I can hold a sleeping toddler for 2+ hours before my back starts to really hurt...)
PB: 13 (take with grain of salt, my wife said I was a 7 or 8 on a scale of 1-10, so I've adjusted for her obvious bias and converted scales. I know I was considered good looking in college, but that was a while ago)
Spd: No idea. Used to run a 5:30 mile, but that was a long time ago.

That was actually pretty hard. IQ is the only one I could answer with any certainty.

--flatline
Last edited by flatline on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Looonatic
Adventurer

Unread post by Looonatic »

IQ: 14(assuming normal rounding rules)
ME: 9( I'm easily distracte.... bunny!)
MA: 16(I'm a professional entertainer, but barely.)
PS: 12-14 or so
PP: 17(I can do backflips and ride a unicycle. But not at the same time.)
PE: 18(Just ask my wife. 8-) )
PB: 10
SPD: 15
--The more powerful you are, the less tacos you get.--
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Giant2005 wrote:This thread sucks.
I see what I claimed my stats to be back in the day and imo they were fairly accurate.
The sucky part is if I did the same today, my stats would probably be considerably lower. Aging is a ***** and this thread proves it!

My PS went up by a point, actually, now that I've been working out.
:p

Of course, I haven't hit age 40 yet. :(
Last edited by Killer Cyborg on Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

I like to thank the OP for the pit of dispare I not in because of this thread.
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
Giant2005
Knight

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Show off.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

IQ: Izasecretz!
Its a terrible photo that I took immediatly after opening the mail and I had not been out in public in about six weeks at this point but you get the idea.

MA: 15+
Among other things I once lead the entire high school in a walk out through sheer force of personality. I never blend into a crowd and people ALWAYS remember me and my psychologist has classified me has having an INFJ personality type.

ME: 14-16
I grew up in motor bike gangs and drug dens, I have been homeless, I have no family, I have faced my own demons and pushed myself to the furthest most limits of my sanity. Sometimes I get depressed at the state of the world but I always rise to a challenge and know my limits and the limits of those around me.

PS: 13
Based off what I can lift right now, just went and checked but I am really out of shape. :lol:

PP: 9-11
I have really good reflexes and I am light on my feet but this is mostly a product of persistence and training my natural reflexes are pretty mediocre.

PE: 17+
I literally regenerate. I once healed a broken hand in under two weeks (which was considered a medical miracle and sent off and got me a write up in the paper). I recover from injury very quickly and rarely get ill. Unfortunately if I do get sick or something is wrong with me my body will often fight the medication and keep me sick. We're not exactly sure how or why it works that way (yes I am a freak) but it does and it can be a total *****.

SPD: 7
Just checked it on a treadmill. I have bad knees because they got kicked in during unsanctioned MMA while I was a teenager and because I was living on the street at that time I never went to a hospital and they healed wrong. I have a lot of stiffness in my knees. I am light on my feet and I can avoid a punch pretty well but running is nearly always painful.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
SamBell
Explorer
Comment: What is grief, if not love preserving?

Unread post by SamBell »

IQ: 24, iq rest said a 244
MA: 19, people tend to love me lol
ME: 30, I'm a brick, bounces off of me like rubber
PS: 22, I'm really muscular and strong soo...
PP: I'm very dexterous
PB: 26-30, I'm extremely handsome
PE: 22, I can do lots of labor without fatigue
Spd: ?, I forgot the conversion but I can run 24 mph
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61- Colonel Cambell
flatline
Knight

SamBell wrote:IQ: 24, iq rest said a 244

Out of curiosity, what do you do for a living?

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Giant2005
Knight

flatline wrote:

--flatline

Pffft we all know Gods don't work!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Re:

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:IQ way above average
ME 30
MA 30
PS 60(SN)
PP 70
PE 100
PB 30
SPD 10x100x30
PPE 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
PSI
20000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Psionics powers
All
Super Abilities
All
Martial Arts abilities
All
#ATTs 100000000
+Strike 1000000000000000000
+Pull/roll 20000000000
+dodge 20000000000000
+auto dodge 3000000000000000000000000000000
+parry 200000000000000
+initivate 30000
+damage 2000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 MDC

My PB has improved , by I 'm glad I'm as humble as my hero Mac davis
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Giant2005
Knight

I'm glad you have such high ME MVP, if you were easily provoked you would have probably stomped the Earth and shattered it killing us all by now.
Randomfist
Explorer

Unread post by Randomfist »

If I.Q. = the I.Q. number times 10, I call BS on a lot of these claims. The highest IQ's ever recorded are around 190. Some of the most brilliant people who ever lived who made advances in medicine, science, engineering, etc... are around 160. These are the best of the best, surrounded by other brilliant people and they still stand out. If some of the claims here are correct, the Palladium forums are probably the biggest conglomerate of super geniuses of any forum on the planet.
flatline
Knight

Randomfist wrote:If I.Q. = the I.Q. number times 10, I call BS on a lot of these claims. The highest IQ's ever recorded are around 190. Some of the most brilliant people who ever lived who made advances in medicine, science, engineering, etc... are around 160. These are the best of the best, surrounded by other brilliant people and they still stand out. If some of the claims here are correct, the Palladium forums are probably the biggest conglomerate of super geniuses of any forum on the planet.

The population is big enough that even though the proportion of adults with IQs > 140 is small, the actual number is quite large. If something about RPGs attracts folks with higher IQs, then there's no reason not to believe that the average IQ on an RPG forum is higher than the average IQ across the whole population.

I'm a little suspicious of anyone claiming an IQ higher than 180 (I've known a few. I shared an office in grad school with the world record holder for youngest person to earn a master's degree. Nice kid.), but I know and work with plenty of folks who have IQs in the 150-180 range.

I choose 17 because the IQ estimators I found on-line a while back all suggested a score around 170. I've never taken an official IQ test.

--flatline
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Giant2005 wrote:I'm glad you have such high ME MVP, if you were easily provoked you :D would have probably stomped the Earth and shattered it killing us all by now.

As I said I'm very humble and i have to watch out for you lesser beings, but that is my fate in life :D
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Yep, Mother Nature's a mean mother when it comes to collecting her dues...Father Time ain't no sugar daddy either.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Akashic Soldier
Knight

flatline wrote:The population is big enough that even though the proportion of adults with IQs > 140 is small, the actual number is quite large. If something about RPGs attracts folks with higher IQs, then there's no reason not to believe that the average IQ on an RPG forum is higher than the average IQ across the whole population.

:|

I choose 17 because the IQ estimators I found on-line a while back all suggested a score around 170. I've never taken an official IQ test.

*face palms*

Why don't you sign up and go for the Mensa IQ test. They'll give you an actual gauge of your IQ. By most of the standards here I would be considered a moron. My IQ is only slightly above 140 but somehow I am considered in the top 2% of human beings on the planet. So either your numbers are wrong... or I am and well... after thinking about it...

*looks at his certificate mounted on the wall*

Intelligence Quotient is primarily problem solving and identifying patterns. Its why I can defeat Cowboys riding Tyrannosauruses with a stunted, mentally challenged mongoloid with only one arm or access a situation on several levels to predict the most likely outcome (I am an INFJ personality type so I an instinctual thinker which is why I have a hard time dealing with people who can't see things I often perceive as simple or obvious, its not a good quality). Anyway, my point is it isnt about spelling or grammar (as you have noticed I am too lazy to even bother giving it a second look and instead stick to preformed habits) or any of the other things that society commonly recognizes with intelligence. It is the ability to recognize patterns, solve puzzles, and build solutions to problems.

Short version--those IQ tests online are trash thrown together by hacks who want to make others either feel good or bad about themselves.

The Mensa test is cheap and simple and if you pass you get a kickass certificate and a magazine subscription.

And I mean come on, did you even look at the picture of me pulling it out of the mail?

I've got a lollypop sticking out of my mouth, I am unshaven, wearing my crappy house shirt... being smart isn't that great.
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
flatline
Knight

Akashic Soldier wrote:
flatline wrote:The population is big enough that even though the proportion of adults with IQs > 140 is small, the actual number is quite large. If something about RPGs attracts folks with higher IQs, then there's no reason not to believe that the average IQ on an RPG forum is higher than the average IQ across the whole population.

*face palms*

Why don't you sign up and go for the Mensa IQ test.

Because I'm past the point where I care about the actual number.

Short version--those IQ tests online are trash thrown together by hacks who want to make others either feel good or bad about themselves.

There must be some science behind them (at least the ones I tried several years ago) because they all asked different questions, but yielded pretty similar results.

The Mensa test is cheap and simple and if you pass you get a kickass certificate and a magazine subscription.

And I mean come on, did you even look at the picture of me pulling it out of the mail?

I did.

I've got a lollypop sticking out of my mouth, I am unshaven, wearing my crappy house shirt... being smart isn't that great.

Being smart may not be all that great, but it's a heck of a lot better than the alternative.

--flatline
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

My real attributes.....um, ok

I.Q. 12/13 (real 125)

M.E. 15-17 (strong mind)

M.A. 9-18 (depends on my mood)

P.S. 13 (was 15)

P.P. 10 (not clumsy, but i don't move fast)

P.E. 17 (high pain tolerance, resistant to drugs/medication)

P.B. 14-18 (been married for 12 years, and i'm a pretty likable person)

Spd. haha funny (6-9, depends on my level of pain)
The Dragon Has Spoken
Giant2005
Knight

Akashic Soldier wrote:

*face palms*

Why don't you sign up and go for the Mensa IQ test. They'll give you an actual gauge of your IQ. By most of the standards here I would be considered a moron. My IQ is only slightly above 140 but somehow I am considered in the top 2% of human beings on the planet. So either your numbers are wrong... or I am and well... after thinking about it...

*looks at his certificate mounted on the wall*

Intelligence Quotient is primarily problem solving and identifying patterns. Its why I can defeat Cowboys riding Tyrannosauruses with a stunted, mentally challenged mongoloid with only one arm or access a situation on several levels to predict the most likely outcome (I am an INFJ personality type so I an instinctual thinker which is why I have a hard time dealing with people who can't see things I often perceive as simple or obvious, its not a good quality). Anyway, my point is it isnt about spelling or grammar (as you have noticed I am too lazy to even bother giving it a second look and instead stick to preformed habits) or any of the other things that society commonly recognizes with intelligence. It is the ability to recognize patterns, solve puzzles, and build solutions to problems.

It is the top 2% of your country, not the planet. Australians could just be dumb-asses and considering you live in Australia and know a lot of Aussies, I think you could agree that that is quite likely :D .

Also consider the fact that the Mensa test costs money and doesn't really offer anything of substantial benefit - it is essentially throwing away money for the sake of ego. Maybe a lot of the smarter people in the world realize that and are smart enough to not do it.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

The highest IQ ever recorded was by Marilyn vos Savant with 228.
They keep records of real IQ test. ;)

Hey your IQ is high enough you should know the conversion for Spd...lol
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Giant2005 wrote:It is the top 2% of your country, not the planet. Australians could just be dumb-asses and considering you live in Australia and know a lot of Aussies, I think you could agree that that is quite likely :D .

Also consider the fact that the Mensa test costs money and doesn't really offer anything of substantial benefit - it is essentially throwing away money for the sake of ego. Maybe a lot of the smarter people in the world realize that and are smart enough to not do it.

Rather than arguing with you. Here you go.

It offers a large range of benefits.
Giant2005
Knight

Akashic Soldier wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:It is the top 2% of your country, not the planet. Australians could just be dumb-asses and considering you live in Australia and know a lot of Aussies, I think you could agree that that is quite likely :D .

Rather than arguing with you. Here you go.

It offers a large range of benefits.

I have looked into it before. I don't really rate newsletters or online brain teasers too highly but it is cool if you do - like pretty much everything else I say, it was half in jest.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Giant2005 wrote:I have looked into it before. I don't really rate newsletters or online brain teasers too highly but it is cool if you do - like pretty much everything else I say, it was half in jest.

The real benefit is the community. I once got to speak Hawkins for two hours over Skype through Mensa. Its pretty neat. Its just as a grungy Christian punk from Australia its not really my scene. :lol:
Giant2005
Knight

Akashic Soldier wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:I have looked into it before. I don't really rate newsletters or online brain teasers too highly but it is cool if you do - like pretty much everything else I say, it was half in jest.

The real benefit is the community. I once got to speak Hawkins for two hours over Skype through Mensa. Its pretty neat. Its just as a grungy Christian punk from Australia its not really my scene. :lol:

Are you sure that was Hawkins and not some random guy with a voice modulator and a great sense of humor? :lol:
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Giant2005 wrote:Are you sure that was Hawkins and not some random guy with a voice modulator and a great sense of humor? :lol:

Yup. :lol: I'm sure. (Though the whole time I was thinking "Why is he using a voice mod when he could just type? I mean we're on Skype.") but I didnt say it, I was polite. :lol:
flatline
Knight

Akashic Soldier wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:Are you sure that was Hawkins and not some random guy with a voice modulator and a great sense of humor? :lol:

Yup. :lol: I'm sure. (Though the whole time I was thinking "Why is he using a voice mod when he could just type? I mean we're on Skype.") but I didnt say it, I was polite. :lol:

Any place you can find a sense of community that you appreciate is a good deal.

--flatline
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Seems like fun, I'll give it a go

IQ: 14
ME: 19
MA: 19
PS: 10
PP: 10
PE: 10
PB: 10
Spd: 12

I rate myself average in most categories, some intelligence, exceptional as a "natural leader" type and mental resilience. But the best part is I come with a lot of weapon proficiencies, and a decent amount of EPs already under my belt!
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

flatline wrote:

--flatline

Going to college for video editing, why?
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61- Colonel Cambell
SamBell
Explorer

Unread post by SamBell »

TechnoGothic wrote:

The highest IQ ever recorded was by Marilyn vos Savant with 228.
They keep records of real IQ test. ;)

Hey your IQ is high enough you should know the conversion for Spd...lol

Sorry my IQ is a 212

Return to “Rifts®”