The Rifts™ Difiicult/Weird Questions Thread

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: The Rifts™ Difiicult/Weird Questions Thread

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Natasha wrote:Note, however, I said "people and animals".
And the fundamental difference between a Flesh Pool with a heart and blood and an animal would be......????
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

cornholioprime wrote:
And the fundamental difference between a Flesh Pool with a heart and blood and an animal would be......????

The latter has P.P.E. :p

Eh, I don't know; that's for the GM to determine.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Natasha wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

So do other, inanimate and non-sentient forms of life like trees and plants.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

cornholioprime wrote:
Natasha wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

So do other, inanimate and non-sentient forms of life like trees and plants.

Cool.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Summoner + Slaughterhouse = lots and lots of PPE.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Granpafishy
D-Bee

Unread post by Granpafishy »

Are there special rules for armor-piercing MD weapons in Rifts? And if so, what book & page?
"The only Sane people in the world are those that are iNsAnE, and know it."
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

Granpafishy wrote:Are there special rules for armor-piercing MD weapons in Rifts? And if so, what book & page?

If I had to guess (and I do) there are no such rules for mega-damage.

It's already a dangerous world!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Natasha wrote:
Granpafishy wrote:Are there special rules for armor-piercing MD weapons in Rifts? And if so, what book & page?

What she said.

I have a strong feeling that in a world of SDC squishies engaged in MDC Combat, that Kevin is rather....uninterested in such a concept.

I am also pretty sure (though not 100% so) that any such "specialized" weapons which in their flavor text say that they are "armor piercing," are in fact nothing of the sort, and are simply awarded an extra die or two of damage.

(I think, for example, that U-Rounds and DU-Rounds [Rifts: Triax and the NGR] are poetically called 'armor piercing,' but only get to inflict extra damage instead of have the capability of completely bypassing/piercing MDC armor and skin and getting to the stuff underneath.)

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Does the hand-to-hand attack of a magically-impervious RCC ignore magical armors and force fields cast by the Mage -that is to say, do such attacks go right through and hit the target?

Or would such a strike be essentially absorbed by the magical shield/barrier/armor but also dispel it??

Or would the defensive magic work just as normally against the magic-impervious guy as it does against anybody else??

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

cornholioprime wrote:
Natasha wrote:

What she said.

I have a strong feeling that in a world of SDC squishies engaged in MDC Combat, that Kevin is rather....uninterested in such a concept.

I am also pretty sure (though not 100% so) that any such "specialized" weapons which in their flavor text say that they are "armor piercing," are in fact nothing of the sort, and are simply awarded an extra die or two of damage.

(I think, for example, that U-Rounds and DU-Rounds [Rifts: Triax and the NGR] are poetically called 'armor piercing,' but only get to inflict extra damage instead of have the capability of completely bypassing/piercing MDC armor and skin and getting to the stuff underneath.)

i say that AP rounds and special weapons do x3 on a crit like AP missiles. Also, isn't there a rule somewherre for passthrough damage from impacts?
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

There are special rules for Armor Piercing missiles, but haven't been able to find them yet. It was something like 18-19 get double damage, and Nat20 gets x3 damage. It was in either GM's Guide or RUE, but I'm coming up blank as to which one.

Edit: Found it. R:UE pg362. Modified total of 18-20 get double, Nat 20 gets x3. Does not carry over to blast area. For my game we use this rule for all weapons that state they are AP (basically special rounds and shells, not railguns).
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
Granpafishy
D-Bee

Unread post by Granpafishy »

devillin wrote:
There are special rules for Armor Piercing missiles, but haven't been able to find them yet. It was something like 18-19 get double damage, and Nat20 gets x3 damage. It was in either GM's Guide or RUE, but I'm coming up blank as to which one.

Edit: Found it. R:UE pg362. Modified total of 18-20 get double, Nat 20 gets x3. Does not carry over to blast area. For my game we use this rule for all weapons that state they are AP (basically special rounds and shells, not railguns).

Thank you.
"The only Sane people in the world are those that are iNsAnE, and know it."
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

A question in another Thread brought this question to mind:

If a True Atlantean and a Sea Titan have a kid......what happens to that kid at Puberty?

Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

They implode into a micro blackhole?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

Just a quick one... How far can characters jump in this game?

:lol:
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

in another Thread, dragonfett wrote:Is it possible to cast an anti-magic cloud over an already existing anti-magic cloud, therefore cancelling out that cloud?

I believe that two different Mages, both standing outside the field of effect (maybe on a small plateau or on a raised platform of some sort), COULD cast the Spell on the same area and have them overlap
(For the sake of argument, let's say that they either cast the spell or use a TW device to get the two castings into the same space at the same time -and that both mages are of equal level.)

But the real question is:

If both Mages go into the area covered by their mutual and combined Clouds, would BOTH of them be allowed to cast magics, per the wording of the Spell......or would BOTH of them be denied the use of their magics, per the wording of the Spell?

:)

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

So which wins the SDF-1 "Destroy's anything in its path" Reflex Cannon or the MK's immunity to energy?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Tyranneix
Explorer

Unread post by Tyranneix »

Zer0 Kay wrote:So which wins the SDF-1 "Destroy's anything in its path" Reflex Cannon or the MK's immunity to energy?

It does state very explicitly.. destroys EVERYTHING in the path of fire regardless of M.D.C. If the beam itself didn't kill him the absence of anything breathable (as it burned off any type of atmosphere) or the impact of the beam itself would. 1D6x1 million MD to a planet.. impact damage.. he's toast
30+ year GM for the Palladium System; Robotech, RIFTS, Palladium Fantasy and other Palladium Books madness...
Nicknamed T-Bomb by Lord Z
501st Legion Member, Sandtrooper TD8732, Florida Garrison, Squad 7
batlchip
Hero
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.

Unread post by batlchip »

1:Can a Machineman be a Gunfighter?
2:Can a Meltran Ace get the full bonuses of the Robot Slammer?Would she get extra bonuses?
3:Can a sixth timed Ti Hsien be a borg?
4:Do you think the coalition would have API shells and naplam for fighting vamps?
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
Tyranneix
Explorer

Unread post by Tyranneix »

batlchip wrote:1:Can a Machineman be a Gunfighter?

Depends on your game.. if you allow the Machinepeople to get O.C.C.s then sure.

batlchip wrote:2:Can a Meltran Ace get the full bonuses of the Robot Slammer?Would she get extra bonuses?

I would, she would make for a NASTY Meltran ace! I'd allow the bonuses to stack.

batlchip wrote:3:Can a sixth timed Ti Hsien be a borg?

Not sure about this one; what book is this in?

batlchip wrote:4:Do you think the coalition would have API shells and naplam for fighting vamps?

Already working on stats for these for my CS campaign..

But instead think UV rounds & Silver Sabot rounds
30+ year GM for the Palladium System; Robotech, RIFTS, Palladium Fantasy and other Palladium Books madness...
Nicknamed T-Bomb by Lord Z
501st Legion Member, Sandtrooper TD8732, Florida Garrison, Squad 7
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

Tyranneix wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:So which wins the SDF-1 "Destroy's anything in its path" Reflex Cannon or the MK's immunity to energy?

It does state very explicitly.. destroys EVERYTHING in the path of fire regardless of M.D.C. If the beam itself didn't kill him the absence of anything breathable (as it burned off any type of atmosphere) or the impact of the beam itself would. 1D6x1 million MD to a planet.. impact damage.. he's toast

I disagree. He's got blanket immunity to energy, not an MDC value against it. Also, energy weapons in Palladium apparently don't transfer momentum, so there's no impact. Lack of air might be a problem though, yes. :)
"Then you can simply spead the ground dried corpse bits amongst the plants as needed." - Sir Ysbadden

"There weren't many nukes launched in the apocalypse, so the nuclear winter wasn't that bad." - Killer Cyborg
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Do evil creatures with the Sence Evil power detect themselves?
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Qev wrote:
Tyranneix wrote:

I disagree. He's got blanket immunity to energy, not an MDC value against it. Also, energy weapons in Palladium apparently don't transfer momentum, so there's no impact. Lack of air might be a problem though, yes. :)

It would kill him anyway.
The fall into the crater would be what does it however.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

The Beast wrote:Do evil creatures with the Sence Evil power detect themselves?

Nah. It's like people with constantly bad BO. They get so used to the smell, they don't notice it at all unless somebody points it out to them.
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Subjugator wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:Weight-activated landmine; standard/classic Pressure Plate that can be manually adjusted to activate on differing weights up to and including Tanks, depending upon whether or not the Mine in question is anti-armor or simply anti-personnel.

It would go off then. The reason being is that the spell prevents footprints - not the weight that causes them.

/Sub

You sure? As I recall it said all sensors can't detect and as far as I know the pressure plate on a mine is a weight sensor.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

cornholioprime wrote:
Lenwen wrote:Taking a look at the Ley Line Walker's innate abilities and I was curious.

If a Human LLW is bitten by a vampire , Does the newly created Vampire still retain the abilities of the LLW Occ ? Or does the newly created vampire lose all LLW abilities except that of the spell casting and its PPE ?
If it's a Master Vampire it keeps most abilities, if its a Secondary Vampire it loses at least half of its capabilities, and of course if it's a Wild Vampire it doesn't matter how much of his abilities he keeps, because he too savage and dim-witted to acces them.

Rifts: Vampire Kingdoms

If a mortal creature is slow killed and changed into a vampire is it then changed to all the vampire stats? What if the creature wasn't human like a centaur? Does the centaur mystically change into a human shape or for some reason just suddenly become slower? Remember that other mortal creatures can be turned into vampires as there are many that specifically state they can not. So... Gromek, heck even Giants. Why are the vampires provided as a template RCC instead of an overlay like this: your stats get + X and are SN? Instead giants shrink, dwarves grow multi-peds loose legs and a host of other changes to make the vampires all human shaped.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

According to the information in prior books as well as in Rifts Dimension Book 11: Dyval, Deevils are particularly adept at disguising themselves, rivaled perhaps only by the Raksasha; they can't be detected by physical examinations, psionic probes, or magical means, and can pass every known test that is trying to determine if the person in front of the inspector is who and what he/she/it says it is.

Here's my 1st question:

If a Deevil is disguised/altered to appear as, say, a low SDC human, and inadvertently and unexpectedly falls victim to a lightning-fast attack that would be undeniably and inescapably fatal to an SDC creature......is the Deevil killed in that circumstance?

If not, why not?

Here's my second question:

If I Object Read a possession of the Deevil while he is disguised (I don't know that there's a Deevil in front of me but I know that the item belongs to him beyond a shadow of doubt), will I get a readings from the object that give me glimpses of the "mortal" in front of me......or the infernal as he actually is and appears?

Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

1. No, the deevil is not killed, because a MD creature in disguise is still a MD creature. Though depending on the circumstances, the deevil may want it to appear that he has been killed by playing dead.

2. I would rule that yes, you will glimpse readings off of the object, unless the description of their power specifically states that their possessions are also somehow able to resist Object Reading. Of course, I might call for a save vs. insanity too for the psychci if I'm feeling ornery.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Mercdog wrote:1. No, the deevil is not killed, because a MD creature in disguise is still a MD creature. Though depending on the circumstances, the deevil may want it to appear that he has been killed by playing dead.
That's just it -according to Carl Gleba's work, if you somehow subdued one and put it under a scalpel and vivisected it in surgery, everything would be in the right place and it would all be S.D.C.

As described by him, this seems to go FAR beyond a mere illusion.

Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

Well, think of it like this. We're talking about a demon. IIRC, they are technically spirit creatures (or negative chi creatures if you go by Mystic China) given form. As spirit creatures, do they really need organs? So then the question becomes just how much control they have over this form. Is it possible that they could assume human form, play dead, allow themselves to be dissected, and then get up and resume their true form after all the humans leave the morgue? Maybe less 1 MDC?

I would say, yes, but that's me. Though I must confess, I haven't been able to read the Dyval book yet, so I'm just shooting out my opinion here.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
The Beast

cornholioprime wrote:According to the information in prior books as well as in Rifts Dimension Book 11: Dyval, Deevils are particularly adept at disguising themselves, rivaled perhaps only by the Raksasha; they can't be detected by physical examinations, psionic probes, or magical means, and can pass every known test that is trying to determine if the person in front of the inspector is who and what he/she/it says it is.

Here's my 1st question:

If a Deevil is disguised/altered to appear as, say, a low SDC human, and inadvertently and unexpectedly falls victim to a lightning-fast attack that would be undeniably and inescapably fatal to an SDC creature......is the Deevil killed in that circumstance?

If not, why not?

Here's my second question:

If I Object Read a possession of the Deevil while he is disguised (I don't know that there's a Deevil in front of me but I know that the item belongs to him beyond a shadow of doubt), will I get a readings from the object that give me glimpses of the "mortal" in front of me......or the infernal as he actually is and appears?

The first one has been answered by many anime before; The attacker starts to do the hero walk back to his ride (or whatever) and then gets the surprise of his life as the deevil responds with something cool like "That all you got?"

Second one should reveal that the person is more than human, if it doesn't reveal the truth.

I don't think that line was intended to cover the two scenarios you presented, although I could be wrong about it not covering the second question.
The Beast

Are rune weapons effected by spells/psionics/other powers that effect the mind?
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

The Beast wrote:Are rune weapons effected by spells/psionics/other powers that effect the mind?
Presumably not.

Otherwise there would be official instances of Rune Weapons and Items getting tortured above and beyond being trapped in an object for all of eternity.

Or beings like the Splugorth mass-subjecting Good Rune Weapons to places like the Alignment-reversing artifacts at the Azlum Asylum and the Transformation Circle outlined at the back of The Old Ones book to instantly 'create' Evil Weapons.

The Beast

cornholioprime wrote:
The Beast wrote:Are rune weapons effected by spells/psionics/other powers that effect the mind?
Presumably not.

Otherwise there would be official instances of Rune Weapons and Items getting tortured above and beyond being trapped in an object for all of eternity.

Or beings like the Splugorth mass-subjecting Good Rune Weapons to places like the Alignment-reversing artifacts at the Azlum Asylum and the Transformation Circle outlined at the back of The Old Ones book to instantly 'create' Evil Weapons.

Ah, but there are instances of rune weapons changing their alignments.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

The Beast wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Presumably not.

There are?

Never heard of it.

Nevertheless, even if there were, that's still not the same thing as somebody messing with them from the 'outside.'

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Is it possible for someone who wants to maintain secrecy, to "gift" an item or object to somebody else in an attempt to stop an Object Read from tracing the object back to himself??

Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

cornholioprime wrote:Is it possible for someone who wants to maintain secrecy, to "gift" an item or object to somebody else in an attempt to stop an Object Read from tracing the object back to himself??

well, they can read previous owners too iirc, so only to a certain extent.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Shark_Force wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:Is it possible for someone who wants to maintain secrecy, to "gift" an item or object to somebody else in an attempt to stop an Object Read from tracing the object back to himself??

You sure that it works that way??

Now granted I am going off what I remember of the power from Rifts: Psyscape, but I could of course be wrong in my memories.

Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

cornholioprime wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:

You sure that it works that way??

Now granted I am going off what I remember of the power from Rifts: Psyscape, but I could of course be wrong in my memories.

hmmm... apparently i was indeed remembering wrong.

that said, it still wouldn't be surefire... the images you can get include significant events involving the object, and does not seem to be limited to last owner only, so someone could still see you potentially (though not very likely, that's only one item from a long list of stuff). that said, it would be much stronger protection, especially if you expect the new owner to do lots of 'significant' stuff with the object.

could've swore it let you keep going back further and further to previous owners, but it doesn't look like it does. must be thinking of a different game or something.
The Beast

cornholioprime wrote:
The Beast wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Presumably not.

There are?

Never heard of it.

Nevertheless, even if there were, that's still not the same thing as somebody messing with them from the 'outside.'

First one that springs to mind is Merciless Murag from LoB.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

The Beast wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
Presumably not.

At least one Rune Weapon was written as having gone insane and as such had two diametrically opposed alignments and power sets, with one personality good and the other evil.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Subjugator wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:Weight-activated landmine; standard/classic Pressure Plate that can be manually adjusted to activate on differing weights up to and including Tanks, depending upon whether or not the Mine in question is anti-armor or simply anti-personnel.

It would go off then. The reason being is that the spell prevents footprints - not the weight that causes them.

/Sub

You sure? As I recall it said all sensors can't detect and as far as I know the pressure plate on a mine is a weight sensor.

I don't know that it says ALL sensors will fail, otherwise they could open no doors that require a push button, etc.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Subjugator wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Subjugator wrote:

/Sub

I don't know that it says ALL sensors will fail, otherwise they could open no doors that require a push button, etc.

/Sub

Page 213 RUE top left. "...makes the spell caster invisible to all means of detection." Now one can argue that a door sensor not monitored by anyone doesn't detect as far as alerting anyone but others may argue that activating any sensor, monitored or not is detection by the circuit. So I'd do that with the doors just to be funny. :) Or maybe the act of actually willing yourself to press the button or step on that plate is an attack on said object. :lol:
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Am I as a Diabolist allowed to create a Circle, and then build something like a Foundation over it (covering it over somehow first, of course), in order to have a permanently-working Circle that can't get washed away........or does the Circle always have to be 'out in the open' or something?

(I was just running an idea in my mind of dwellings and buildings south of the border that had Protection Circles against the Supenatural and/or Undead permanently in effect so as to stop Vampires from entering.)

Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

cornholioprime wrote:Am I as a Diabolist allowed to create a Circle, and then build something like a Foundation over it (covering it over somehow first, of course), in order to have a permanently-working Circle that can't get washed away........or does the Circle always have to be 'out in the open' or something?

(I was just running an idea in my mind of dwellings and buildings south of the border that had Protection Circles against the Supenatural and/or Undead permanently in effect so as to stop Vampires from entering.)

I don't see why it couldn't be possible, if Sorcerers could build a magic into an entire slaughterhouse I don't see why the Diabolist couldn't scribe such a protection circle or otherwise build it into a structure. May need some extra skills in construction or engineering or at least skills that would complement the process of laying out and implementing such a project.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

cornholioprime wrote:Am I as a Diabolist allowed to create a Circle, and then build something like a Foundation over it (covering it over somehow first, of course), in order to have a permanently-working Circle that can't get washed away........or does the Circle always have to be 'out in the open' or something?

I thought if you drew them in molten silver they became indestructable.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Zer0 Kay wrote:

it is silver runes on parchment that render the parchment indestructible.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Damian Magecraft wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Aye.

I thought that Circles have to be made of certain components, anyway, and not just ink on paper and/or inscriptions into wood or stone or metal.

The Beast

The circle in the Place of Magic is underwater, and still works. Granted, it's stagnat water, but still....
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

cornholioprime wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Aye.

I thought that Circles have to be made of certain components, anyway, and not just ink on paper and/or inscriptions into wood or stone or metal.

like they're pretty much the only reason for the magic component price list in PFRPG :)

Return to “Rifts®”