NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by gaby »

I like to add a new Abillity to alter metabolism,(9)Great lier:The character can control his heart rate and body language in a way so he have a 70% chance of fooling a lie detector Machine and a 25% chance of fooling a person with the living anatomy minor power.

what do you think of my add on?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

gaby wrote:I like to add a new Abillity to alter metabolism,(9)Great lier:The character can control his heart rate and body language in a way so he have a 70% chance of fooling a lie detector Machine and a 25% chance of fooling a person with the living anatomy minor power.

what do you think of my add on?

I think it needs to be balanced to give to original a new limitation in addition to this added ability. Maybe a percentage chance of losing control and going into cardiac arrest, though the chance should be low, maybe 10%.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Projectile Vomiting(Minor)
*Urghk*KOFF-KOFF-KOFF#BLECH!#
@KLINK@
“GRENADE! RUN!”
“...Funny, I don’t remember having pineapple..”

The superbeing has a jaw that can dislocate to accommodate large objects, an esophagus tough enough to handle swallowing large, rough, or sharp objects, an extra crop-stomach that can distend to hold swallowed objects, and throat muscles powerful enough to expel them with considerable force. Thus, the superbeing can hide and spit back rocks, razor blades, bricks, and other objects.
When holding objects in their crop-stomach, the superbeing may seem to have an enlarged goiter, bulging chest, or double chins(though this can be disguised by clothing).
Range: The superbeing can forcibly expel objects similar in fashion as if he was throwing them; so in general, small objects(under 1 lb) can be vomited up 1 ft of range per point of P.S. Objects over a lb can only be upchucked HALF that distance. Extraordinary strength in excess of PS 30 gets a bonus distance of 30 extra ft per every 5 pts of PS over 30.
Damage: Varies by the object; darts, shuriken, nails, razor blades and small objects generally do 1d4 SD, while larger rocks, knives and bricks do 1d6.
Capacity: In general, nothing larger than an inch smaller than the width of their jaws can fit down their throats, and for the average human, nothing larger than 5-6 inches long. The crop stomach can hold a general capacity of the character’s P.E./2 in lbs.
Other Bonuses:
*The character doesn’t suffer from a sore throat.
*The superbeing gets the equivalent of W.P. Small, Thrown with regards to spat objects, but only starts with one object able to be spat at level 1, +1 at levels 4, 7, 10, and 13. Plus gets an extra attack(spat objects only) at levels 2,3,5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, and 15.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

taalismn wrote:Projectile Vomiting(Minor)
*Urghk*KOFF-KOFF-KOFF#BLECH!#
@KLINK@
“GRENADE! RUN!”
“...Funny, I don’t remember having pineapple..”

The superbeing has a jaw that can dislocate to accommodate large objects, an esophagus tough enough to handle swallowing large, rough, or sharp objects, an extra crop-stomach that can distend to hold swallowed objects, and throat muscles powerful enough to expel them with considerable force. Thus, the superbeing can hide and spit back rocks, razor blades, bricks, and other objects.
When holding objects in their crop-stomach, the superbeing may seem to have an enlarged goiter, bulging chest, or double chins(though this can be disguised by clothing).
Range: The superbeing can forcibly expel objects similar in fashion as if he was throwing them; so in general, small objects(under 1 lb) can be vomited up 1 ft of range per point of P.S. Objects over a lb can only be upchucked HALF that distance. Extraordinary strength in excess of PS 30 gets a bonus distance of 30 extra ft per every 5 pts of PS over 30.
Damage: Varies by the object; darts, shuriken, nails, razor blades and small objects generally do 1d4 SD, while larger rocks, knives and bricks do 1d6.
Capacity: In general, nothing larger than an inch smaller than the width of their jaws can fit down their throats, and for the average human, nothing larger than 5-6 inches long. The crop stomach can hold a general capacity of the character’s P.E./2 in lbs.
Other Bonuses:
*The character doesn’t suffer from a sore throat.
*The superbeing gets the equivalent of W.P. Small, Thrown with regards to spat objects, but only starts with one object able to be spat at level 1, +1 at levels 4, 7, 10, and 13. Plus gets an extra attack(spat objects only) at levels 2,3,5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, and 15.

LOL. Nice.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:[LOL. Nice.

Thanks. Fill up on ball bearings and combine it with one of the many tongue powers out there and you can spit like a machine gun....maybe not do much damage, but you can concievably annoy(or gross out, if they don't know what it is that you're spitting) the hell out of somebody.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

taalismn wrote:

Thanks. Fill up on ball bearings and combine it with one of the many tongue powers out there and you can spit like a machine gun....maybe not do much damage, but you can concievably annoy(or gross out, if they don't know what it is that you're spitting) the hell out of somebody.

try it with my soda pop power to make a deadly double whammy!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

abe wrote:
taalismn wrote:

try it with my soda pop power to make a deadly double whammy!

'fraid I missed that one. Power-belching?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Dobergirl
Wanderer

Unread post by Dobergirl »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Dobergirl wrote:I could so totally see APS Earh as light dust and earth particles gathering to make wings. Plant is even better, with rose petals and such forming beautiful wings.

You can make wings out of pretty much any of the APS, just use your imagination. 8-)

Then its not "Energy" - it's made up of physical material.

Well ham and jammies...

I think I'll call it Flight - APS then because that would go with apply as well as being more clear about the purpose. I went and edited the name of the post plus I made a small catch phrase.

Innocence - Minor

I didn't do it, would I lie to you?

This minor power allows the user to be the last person you'd expect to be doing the things. For vigilante, this means the publicity would not believe he is the masked hero, for a villain it would mean people would not think they are the cause of the disturbance.

Bonuses

Charm and Trust set to 75% or boosted by 5%
Charm and Trust can go above 98% limit, meanning that the person can be trusted and charmed in situations usually not applicable, such as making an excuse that "It was accident that I blew up the bank" or "I was cosplaying as my hero and I'm not really them" and such.

Drawback

Intimidate and impress are not applicable.
The person may find it hard to be taken seriously if they're angry or trying to get public reaction or support.

Hirsute - Minor

You're one hairy motherf...

This power makes the person have extreme ammount of bodyhair in all the places, all of the hair are always messy, unkempt, and hard to conceal.

While the character is very hairy all around, particular spots have excess hair that truly stands out, ranging from 2 inches to 8 inches (2D4 inches). Roll 1D4 times on the following table for the placement of the extra hair and roll the size for each. Rolling duplicates in a particular area doubles the length of the hair there, and also doubles the growth rate of that particular part of the body.

1-20 Head, roll in sub table

1-20 Top of Head Hair
21-40 Facial hair
41-60 Nose hair
61-70 Ear hair
71-80 Eyebrow hair
81-00 Hairy neck

21-40 Hairy arms, roll in sub-table

1-25 Armpits
26-50 Upper arms
51-75 Wrists
76-00 Tops of hands

41-70 Hairy torso, roll in sub-table

1-25 Pectorals
26-50 Belly
51-75 Shoulders
76-00 Back

71-80 Hairy private area (use your imagination)
81-00 Hairy legs, roll in sub-table

1-25 Thighs
26-50 Calves
51-75 Ankles
76-00 Tops of Feet

Bonus

old, frost and ice attacks do half damage based on temperature alone. Physical damage (such as icicles) do 1/4 damage. Additionally, the character can operate in sub-zero environments three times longer than a normal character without worrying about frostbite and hypothermia. The insulation also works equally well in cold water swimming environments.
Gains super powers of Stench.
The excess hair has horror factor 12 if applicable.
+35% charm when dealing with insect based people.

Drawback

-8 physicalbeauty for males
-15 for females
No ammount of soap or showering gets the stench out, so the person just never showers
Shaving is pointless. The hair regrows at an accelerated rate of 1D4 inches of hair a minute, so any portion of the hair will regrow to its predestined length. Such is the nature of this particular power.
The character will have trouble interacting with people, preferring a solitary lifestyle without victimization. The character will have difficulty trusting people, and will also struggle having any meaningful relationships.
Last edited by Dobergirl on Fri May 11, 2012 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:Master of Time and Temporal Flow or Time Tracker: (MAJOR): by OmegaKnight Dog
1. Heightened Sense of Time: Same as the minor power with all it's bonuses that is in P.U.1 on pg. 30-31.
2. Temporal Senses: The character has the ability to perfectly perceive the flow of time and all types of temporal energy and disruptions.
Can sense portals, doorways, rifts, wormholes, dimensional gateways, etc., etc., etc. at 30% +5% per level of experience.
Can sense people who can open portals, doorways, rifts, wormholes, dimensional gateways, etc., etc., etc. and such at 30% +4% per level of experience.
Can sense people that have time powers, but not what type they are at 35% +4% per level of experience.
Can sense when a temporal phenomenon has occurred or if a new time line is starting at 45% +5% per level of experience.
See last location of a portals, doorways, rifts, wormholes, dimensional gateways, etc., etc., etc. at 25% +3% per level of experience.
Can re-open a portals, doorways, rifts, wormholes, dimensional gateways, etc., etc., etc. that has closed in the last hour at 15% +1% per level experience and can only do it once per 24hr. period.
3. Temporal Anchor: The character with this power is firmly entrenched in the normal flow of time. The normal flow of time is 60 seconds pass every minute in a forward direction. This makes the character almost immune to any kind of temporal manipulation that would affect them.
Saving Throw: The character automatically saves against any sort of magical ability or spell, super power, psionic, or technological source of temporal manipulation that would normally affect them.
Also any spell, psionic, super power, or technological source that does not have a saving throw to avoid it's effects now does. The new saving throw is at a 12 or better, M.E. bonuses included. This means things like Slow Motion Control's 'slow individuals and/or vehicles' or being pulled into the Time Hole spell now have a saving throw. If the character succeeds, they are not affected.
Also the character is aware of when changes occur in the time stream, and is immune to them. So if someone goes back in time and tries to slaughter the character as a baby or any one of his/hers ancestors, a weird reset happens when the person that travels back to see their results to see it do not work.
Other Abilities and Penalties:

One penalty should be that the character moves at half normal SPD and has halved and PP bonuses. That's just for startes, as this power is really too powerful.
Dobergirl
Wanderer

@Mephisto

The idea is not for it to be fur coat but rather excess ammounts of bodyhair that's messy, unkempt, and disgusting to behold. (Which is where the HF comes in, if applicable) The body hair grows faster than usual as well as seems to never really be able to be cleaned. The body hair is NOT fur layer, though I do like your inches table. I actually thought of this table

Roll percentile for location of the biggest, most excessive ammount of body hair. While the character is very hairy all around, this is the most "sticking out" feature being twice as much as the regular length of hair.

1-20 Hair
21-40 Facial hair
41-60 Nose hair
61-80 Ear hair
81-00 Hairy neck

21-40 Armpit hair
41-60 Hairy chest
61-80 Hairy private area
81-00 Hair legs

The animal brother was a joke actually as I was thinking of good bonus powers. :P But the Stench part totally should still go with the power because it fits the whole dirty, disgusting nature of the power. I didn't think the AR should be applicable or such bonuses you listed. Also, I don't really understand how being wet starts off Stench?

That being said, I really liked your additions, especially the rolls for size and the accelrated growth and such. Though, I still think females should suffer more penalty in PB than males.
PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler
Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..

Unread post by PapaMambo »

Dobergirl wrote:@Mephisto

The idea is not for it to be fur coat but rather excess ammounts of bodyhair that's messy, unkempt, and disgusting to behold. (Which is where the HF comes in, if applicable) The body hair grows faster than usual as well as seems to never really be able to be cleaned. The body hair is NOT fur layer, though I do like your inches table. I actually thought of this table

Roll percentile for location of the biggest, most excessive ammount of body hair. While the character is very hairy all around, this is the most "sticking out" feature being twice as much as the regular length of hair.

1-20 Hair
21-40 Facial hair
41-60 Nose hair
61-80 Ear hair
81-00 Hairy neck

21-40 Armpit hair
41-60 Hairy chest
61-80 Hairy private area
81-00 Hair legs

The animal brother was a joke actually as I was thinking of good bonus powers. :P But the Stench part totally should still go with the power because it fits the whole dirty, disgusting nature of the power. I didn't think the AR should be applicable or such bonuses you listed. Also, I don't really understand how being wet starts off Stench?

That being said, I really liked your additions, especially the rolls for size and the accelrated growth and such. Though, I still think females should suffer more penalty in PB than males.

That hairy private area might be a problem if the characters costume had a bikini brief.. Just thinking about it makes me shudder :eek:
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous
Dobergirl
Wanderer

PapaMambo wrote:

1-20 Hair
21-40 Facial hair
41-60 Nose hair
61-80 Ear hair
81-00 Hairy neck

21-40 Armpit hair
41-60 Hairy chest
61-80 Hairy private area
81-00 Hair legs

That hairy private area might be a problem if the characters costume had a bikini brief.. Just thinking about it makes me shudder :eek:

Hairy ass man, doing everything shaven man can't! :lol:
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

PapaMambo wrote:

1-20 Hair
21-40 Facial hair
41-60 Nose hair
61-80 Ear hair
81-00 Hairy neck

21-40 Armpit hair
41-60 Hairy chest
61-80 Hairy private area
81-00 Hair legs

I just puked in my mouth!!!!!!
Dobergirl
Wanderer

Yea, the stench comes from exactly you said. The smell just sticks so bad to the character that they just have given up in trying to wash themselves.

I like your table, I'll add that to the original post, along with the way to determine length of said hair and other suggestions, combined with my own ideas. It's looking much more polished now, thank you. Is there anything else you'd suggest? This power is turning out fantastic.

Cannibalize - Major

The hunger is eternal...

This is one of the most awful of the powers possible, a truly despicable at that as well as being one of the most strongest powers possible. In it, the super powered being literally consumes their foe.

1.Consume: The character attempts to gobble up their foe and swallows them into their digestive track for consumption.
Range:Touch
Damage: None.
Duration: Special, see bellow.
Attacks per melee: Attempting to consume foe takes all melee of that turn. You can't first punch and then try to eat, consume must be the first and only thing you can do in the action.
Bonus: Only P.P attribute bonus is applicable to strike.
Limitations: Can only swallow people up to 1d4 feet bigger than they are. Add 1d6 feet per each additional level.

2. Digest
Range: Touch
Damage: 1d6 points of damage directly to hit points! For each point of damage inflicted on the victim, the nutritions heal back 1d6 SDC and one hit point of damage.
Duration: Instant
Attacks per melee: None, automatic after being consumed
Saving throw: The only way to avoid being digested is to escape. The victim can fight back and resist being digested by fighting against the digestive system and to force the character to hurl them out, but requires saving throw of 15 or higher (P.E bonuses applicable) to save. If the victim succeeds, the character loses rest of their melee actions and spend the rest of the time vomitting the character out.

3.Super size belly

The belly of the super being is able to stretch to fit the entire person. The belly will appear distorted and disproptionate with the person's outline probably even showing in it.

Add 1+ ammount of people being able to fit in the belly at the same time per level.

4. Consumption

The most fearful aspect of the cannibalization comes from the consumption but in order for it to happen, the victim MUST die from being digested. AT this point, the character gains permanent bonuses.

Take the victim's stats and divide each by 7, tolling bellow and add that stat permanently to the player. A person of 12 IQ for instance, would rise the character's IQ by 1.
Skills and super powers cannot be obtained this way
Dobergirl
Wanderer

Mephisto wrote:
Dobergirl wrote:Yea, the stench comes from exactly you said. The smell just sticks so bad to the character that they just have given up in trying to wash themselves.

I like your table, I'll add that to the original post, along with the way to determine length of said hair and other suggestions, combined with my own ideas. It's looking much more polished now, thank you. Is there anything else you'd suggest? This power is turning out fantastic.

Cannibalize - Major

The hunger is eternal...

This is one of the most awful of the powers possible, a truly despicable at that as well as being one of the most strongest powers possible. In it, the super powered being literally consumes their foe.

1.Consume: The character attempts to gobble up their foe and swallows them into their digestive track for consumption.
Range:Touch
Damage: None.
Duration: Special, see bellow.
Attacks per melee: Attempting to consume foe takes all melee of that turn. You can't first punch and then try to eat, consume must be the first and only thing you can do in the action.
Bonus: Only P.P attribute bonus is applicable to strike.
Limitations: Can only swallow people up to 1d4 feet bigger than they are. Add 1d6 feet per each additional level.

2. Digest
Range: Touch
Damage: 1d6 points of damage directly to hit points! For each point of damage inflicted on the victim, the nutritions heal back 1d6 SDC and one hit point of damage.
Duration: Instant
Attacks per melee: None, automatic after being consumed
Saving throw: The only way to avoid being digested is to escape. The victim can fight back and resist being digested by fighting against the digestive system and to force the character to hurl them out, but requires saving throw of 15 or higher (P.E bonuses applicable) to save. If the victim succeeds, the character loses rest of their melee actions and spend the rest of the time vomitting the character out.

3.Super size belly

The belly of the super being is able to stretch to fit the entire person. The belly will appear distorted and disproptionate with the person's outline probably even showing in it.

Add 1+ ammount of people being able to fit in the belly at the same time per level.

4. Consumption

The most fearful aspect of the cannibalization comes from the consumption but in order for it to happen, the victim MUST die from being digested. AT this point, the character gains permanent bonuses.

Take the victim's stats and divide each by 7, tolling bellow and add that stat permanently to the player. A person of 12 IQ for instance, would rise the character's IQ by 1.
Skills and super powers cannot be obtained this way

This power is too vore for me. I'm not touching it.

I thought I made it good... :cry:
Dobergirl
Wanderer

But I wanted specifically to make a power where you can consume your foe. There wasn't anything like that in the books but there already is one about being able to eat anything, it didn't talk about eating organics though so I made one focusing in using eating as weapon.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Dobergirl wrote:But I wanted specifically to make a power where you can consume your foe. There wasn't anything like that in the books but there already is one about being able to eat anything, it didn't talk about eating organics though so I made one focusing in using eating as weapon.

The books generally shy away from those sorts of powers to keep players from using them on one another. Most powers in the books cannot be used on living things.
Dobergirl
Wanderer

I get that. But it's the reason I thought of that to begin with, because there's no power like that in any of the books or even remotely like that. Plus to be honest, it's not any less fair than APS form of suffocating the person. :shock:
taalismn
Priest

I don't any problem with it, though I'd regard it as a villian or monster power, as few, if any, heroic characters could justify having it. Might make for a gruesome Dexter-style anti-hero if you had a person with this power prowling around devouring criminals.
Of course, things might get REALLY ugly if the Cannibal superbeing ran into someone with, say, Alter Physical Structure: Bacon.

Used dramatically, I'd even consider giving the power a Horror Factor rating, but I'd give it some penalties for trying to digest beings with APS: Inorganic powers, or taking double damage from poison-based powers("Must have been something he ate.") or something like flatulence-inducement(come on, SOMEBODY"s got to have done that!) in which case the 'vore finds their carnivore metabolism bloating them up like an inflatable liferaft, with appropriate penalties to mobility("...ghrrk..!?" "Oh, it's SO payback time, you bloated maggot..." "GREHKKK!!!")
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

OmegaKnight Dog wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
OmegaKnight Dog wrote:Master of Time and Temporal Flow or Time Tracker: (MAJOR): by OmegaKnight Dog
1. Heightened Sense of Time: Same as the minor power with all it's bonuses that is in P.U.1 on pg. 30-31.
2. Temporal Senses: The character has the ability to perfectly perceive the flow of time and all types of temporal energy and disruptions.
Can sense portals, doorways, rifts, wormholes, dimensional gateways, etc., etc., etc. at 30% +5% per level of experience.
Can sense people who can open portals, doorways, rifts, wormholes, dimensional gateways, etc., etc., etc. and such at 30% +4% per level of experience.
Can sense people that have time powers, but not what type they are at 35% +4% per level of experience.
Can sense when a temporal phenomenon has occurred or if a new time line is starting at 45% +5% per level of experience.
See last location of a portals, doorways, rifts, wormholes, dimensional gateways, etc., etc., etc. at 25% +3% per level of experience.
Can re-open a portals, doorways, rifts, wormholes, dimensional gateways, etc., etc., etc. that has closed in the last hour at 15% +1% per level experience and can only do it once per 24hr. period.
3. Temporal Anchor: The character with this power is firmly entrenched in the normal flow of time. The normal flow of time is 60 seconds pass every minute in a forward direction. This makes the character almost immune to any kind of temporal manipulation that would affect them.
Saving Throw: The character automatically saves against any sort of magical ability or spell, super power, psionic, or technological source of temporal manipulation that would normally affect them.
Also any spell, psionic, super power, or technological source that does not have a saving throw to avoid it's effects now does. The new saving throw is at a 12 or better, M.E. bonuses included. This means things like Slow Motion Control's 'slow individuals and/or vehicles' or being pulled into the Time Hole spell now have a saving throw. If the character succeeds, they are not affected.
Also the character is aware of when changes occur in the time stream, and is immune to them. So if someone goes back in time and tries to slaughter the character as a baby or any one of his/hers ancestors, a weird reset happens when the person that travels back to see their results to see it do not work.
Other Abilities and Penalties:

One penalty should be that the character moves at half normal SPD and has halved and PP bonuses. That's just for startes, as this power is really too powerful.

Ok that great what else do u think and did I do good on the other powers or do they need work too...

Thanks...

With Bio-Steam, I am not sure why you list the damage as MDC, and personally I don't use MDC in my games. Arctic Breath is like other powers out there already but has some interesting points, but again you list damage in terms of MDC, and the damage done to an item by forcing it open would depend on the amount of strength used and should not just be a blanket 2d6. That is just off the top of my head just from perusing the powers a bit, and I would have to read the powers in more depth to make any better comments.
bigwhitehound

Unread post by bigwhitehound »

Don't know if anyone made this so here goes.

Personal Force Field, Minor Super Ability: A less powerful version of Force Aura, visible only when hit, when hit it will momentarily glow 1 color of players choice, chosen when this power is obtained.
Range: Self -12ft area as a bubble or stationary dome around-over the person creating it. /Duration: Minutes equal to ½ ME (round down)/Actions to create: 1/ SDC-MDC of field: Equal to ME + half ME per level (round down) starting at level 2 /Natural AR: 10/Notes: if knocked out or stunned for more than 1 minute the field collapses, field is not air tight, field regenerates 5 SDC-MDC per minute, if reduced to zero it can’t be remade until it has FULLY regenerated. Field can be created once per minute.
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

bigwhitehound wrote:Don't know if anyone made this so here goes.

Personal Force Field, Minor Super Ability: A less powerful version of Force Aura, visible only when hit, when hit it will momentarily glow 1 color of players choice, chosen when this power is obtained.
Range: Self -12ft area as a bubble or stationary dome around-over the person creating it. /Duration: Minutes equal to ½ ME (round down)/Actions to create: 1/ SDC-MDC of field: Equal to ME + half ME per level (round down) starting at level 2 /Natural AR: 10/Notes: if knocked out or stunned for more than 1 minute the field collapses, field is not air tight, field regenerates 5 SDC-MDC per minute, if reduced to zero it can’t be remade until it has FULLY regenerated. Field can be created once per minute.

Um...there is a canon Personal Force Field power in one of the books already...
bigwhitehound

Unread post by bigwhitehound »

Severus Snape wrote:
bigwhitehound wrote:Don't know if anyone made this so here goes.

Um...there is a canon Personal Force Field power in one of the books already...

Must be Powers Unlimited, I don't have that yet
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I think Iczer needs to post some powers. It has been like two pages since he posted. Has anyone seen him lately?
taalismn
Priest

Life Read(Minor)

“Come on, guys! Now’s not the time to run away! We can take him! See? He’s down to his last five percent! Pour it on! He’s about to go down!”

This power allows the user to generate a visual display superimposed over the target that displays, either as a numeric value(percentage), pie chart, or gauge, the damage/lifeforce stats of the target. This allows the caster and others to see how badly injured a person is, whether or not they are bluffing about their strength, or if they really are dead(by the life force remaining). It does NOT distinguish between Hit Points/SDC/MDC, nor does it provide an exact count, only as percentile figures, expressed numerically or graphically(forcing bean-counters to infer, from observation, how many points a character has).
Life Read does NOT tell the caster and his companions what the target’s weaknesses are, at least not directly, but they can infer such by paying attention to what attacks do, damage-wise, relative to others.
Life Read can also tell how much PPE or ISP the target has, but the caster has to declare that they are setting the Life Read to specifically detect/display those particular aspects. Only one aspect can be displayed at a time; PPE, ISP, or physical damage. Switching between the three requires canceling one and instating a new Life Read. However, Life Read does NOT interfere with other psionic or magic means of determining those other factors(like See Aura or Detect PPE).
Range: 100 ft, plus 10 ft per level of experience
Duration: 5 minutes, plus 1 minute per level of experience
Effect: As above. The target can save versus the effect, by rolling a successful save versus magic. On a save, the Life Read ‘display’ fizzles without effect.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Minor Slow Aging:this innate and ongoing process slow the characters aging,aging only One year for every 3.
Ranger:self only.
Duration:Constant.
bonus:A one time bonus of +4 to Physical beauty (p.b.)attribute.

I wanted a,less powerfull from of longevity.
taalismn
Priest

Noticed a lacking of Mega Powers; here’s my attempt to remedy that.
And yes, I’ll admit this is (seriously) Munchkin, so I’ll listen to recommendations on modifying it:

Zero Point Energy Tap(Mega)
“Fools! I can call upon the very Power of the Cosmos! What use are your own puny abilities against THAT?! I am Unstoppable!”

This is the ability to tap into vacuum energy(zero point) to enhance existing superpowers. By reaching deep down into the universal energy matrix, the superbeing can draw on the vast energy potential contained in an infinitely small point in space/time, and use it to boost other powers. This can amplify those powers into potentially catastrophic levels of destruction, making this power extremely dangerous in the wrong hands.
Range: Self

Duration: The superbeing can maintain the zero point tap as many melees as they have P.E. points. divided by 4.

Effects:
-Power Boost---The zero point tap enhances other powers the superbeing may possess by a factor of x10 per every three levels of experience. So at Level 1, the superbeing increases their powers’ range, duration, damage by x10, at Level 3 it becomes x20, at Level 6 x30, etc. That’s in ADDITION to any experience increase increments the power already possesses.
Example: Energy Expulsion: Light at fourth level does 6d6 points of damage at 600 ft range. Amped by a zero point tap, that power now does 6d6x20 at 18,000 ft.
Example 2: An Extraordinary Physical Strength that starts at 20, amped by a zero point tap, now becomes P.S. 600 at level four for purposes of lifting and throwing!
So yes, it can become VERY ugly very fast with power increases.

Base character Hit Points/SDC/MDC are NOT affected, but the strength of forcefields and similarly actively generated defenses -is-amplified appropriately.

Vulnerabilities:
-The superbeing using this power must devote a full melee(15 seconds) in preparation prior to boosting their powers and must remain in one place. That’s a full melee in which the superbeing CANNOT dodge or roll; only parry.

-For the duration of the power, the superbeing must remain standing in one place. Again, that means the superbeing cannot move around, dodge, or roll. If the superbeing moves from the spot where they’re standing, the tap is broken, and they must spend another full melee round re-establishing it. The only exception is powers like Teleport, especially if centered on the superbeing, wherein the superbeing uses the zero point energy tap to enhance range and area of effect, to propel themselves elsewhere, the act of transporting severing the tap connection upon arrival at the other end of the ‘jump’.

-Other powers and magic that affect space/time, such as Temporal or Phase Magic can disrupt the zero point tap, nullifying it.

-Feedback---If the zero point tap is disrupted while the superbeing is using it, by one of the means above(other superpower, magic, psionics, or by forcibly bodychecking the superbeing out of position) there exists the potential for a power feedback....whatever other power the superbeing is using at the time can be channeled destructively back into them. In that event the superbeing must make a roll under their P.E. to regain control of their power and cancel its effects, or else they take 1/4 the amplified damage to themselves.
Example: Red Nova is using a zero point tap to amplify his bio-lasers( Energy Expulsion: Light, 4th level) when Hyperion punches him out on a supersonic cruise-by, sending Red Nova flying. As Red Nova was powering up a laser strike, he must now roll under his P.E. of 15 or have the laser energy building up in him discharge internally, potentially doing 6d6x5 points of damage to him!
Last edited by taalismn on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Noticed a lacking of Mega Powers; here’s my attempt to remedy that.
And yes, I’ll admit this is (seriously) Munchkin, so I’ll listen to recommendations on modifying it:

“Fools! I can call upon the very Power of the Cosmos! What use are your own puny abilities against THAT?! I am Unstoppable!”

This is the ability to tap into vacuum energy(zero point) to enhance existing superpowers. By reaching deep down into the universal energy matrix, the superbeing can draw on the vast energy potential contained in an infinitely small point in space/time, and use it to boost other powers. This can amplify those powers into potentially catastrophic levels of destruction, making this power extremely dangerous in the wrong hands.
Range: Self

Duration: The superbeing can maintain the zero point tap as many melees as they have P.E. points. divided by 4.

Effects:
-Power Boost---The zero point tap enhances other powers the superbeing may possess by a factor of x10 per level of experience. So at Level 1, the superbeing increases their powers’ range, duration, damage by x10, at Level 2 it becomes x20, at Level 3 x30, etc. That’s in ADDITION to any experience increase increments the power already possesses.
Example: Energy Expulsion: Light at fourth level does 6d6 points of damage at 600 ft range. Amped by a zero point tap, that power now does 6d6x40 at 24,000 ft.
Example 2: An Extraordinary Physical Strength that starts at 20, amped by a zero point tap, now becomes P.S. 800 at level four for purposes of lifting and throwing!
So yes, it can become VERY ugly very fast with power increases.

Vulnerabilities:
-The superbeing using this power must devote a full melee(15 seconds) in preparation prior to boosting their powers and must remain in one place. That’s a full melee in which the superbeing CANNOT dodge or roll; only parry.

-For the duration of the power, the superbeing must remain standing in one place. Again, that means the superbeing cannot move around, dodge, or roll. If the superbeing moves from the spot where they’re standing, the tap is broken, and they must spend another full melee round re-establishing it. The only exception is powers like Teleport, especially if centered on the superbeing, wherein the superbeing uses the zero point energy tap to enhance range and area of effect, to propel themselves elsewhere, the act of transporting severing the tap connection upon arrival at the other end of the ‘jump’.

-Other powers and magic that affect space/time, such as Temporal or Phase Magic can disrupt the zero point tap, nullifying it.

-Feedback---If the zero point tap is disrupted while the superbeing is using it, by one of the means above(other superpower, magic, psionics, or by forcibly bodychecking the superbeing out of position) there exists the potential for a power feedback....whatever other power the superbeing is using at the time can be channeled destructively back into them. In that event the superbeing must make a roll under their P.E. to regain control of their power and cancel its effects, or else they take 1/4 the amplified damage to themselves.
Example: Red Nova is using a zero point tap to amplify his bio-lasers( Energy Expulsion: Light) when Hyperion punches him out on a supersonic cruise-by, sending Red Nova flying. As Red Nova was powering up a laser strike, he must now roll under his P.E. of 15 or have the laser energy building up in him discharge internally, potentially doing 6d6x10 points of damage to him!

I think boosting X10 per level is a bit much, since most powers increase per level anyhow. Maybe just a X10 increase at every third level?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

taalismn wrote:Noticed a lacking of Mega Powers; here’s my attempt to remedy that.

...snip...
[color=#0000FF]Vulnerabilities:

[/color]
....snip

...Ooohh a reason for monologging.

Sinestro:"Oh...you cought me Monologging."
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:[
I think boosting X10 per level is a bit much, since most powers increase per level anyhow. Maybe just a X10 increase at every third level?

Yes, most likely. I conceived of this power as being the sort of thing a superbeing might use to etch their names on the Moon, from their backyards, or a supervillian might use sitting atop Mount Everest, blasting away anything line of sight, 'Guns of Navarone' style.

Edit: Made the level change and added qualifying notes for powering up defenses.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

...snip...
[color=#0000FF]Vulnerabilities:

[/color]
....snip

...Ooohh a reason for monologging.

Sinestro:"Oh...you cough me Monologging."

Yep..."I'MMA CHARGIN' MY LAYZAH!!!!" sort of monologuing.*
(*Sinestro: "*Cough*grammar nazi*COUGH*)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:

Yes, most likely. I conceived of this power as being the sort of thing a superbeing might use to etch their names on the Moon, from their backyards, or a supervillian might use sitting atop Mount Everest, blasting away anything line of sight, 'Guns of Navarone' style.

Yeah, I get that. Definitely a frightening level of power.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Yeah, I get that. Definitely a frightening level of power.

MEGApower. For those folks with delusions of godhood(and the firepower to back them up). :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Hilarity Factor (HiF) (Minor)
“You know, it’s a proud and honorable tradition, being a sideshow geek.”

Hilarity Factor is an illusion-based ability that makes things seem somehow FUNNIER, or at the very least, CUTER, than they normally are. This can be used to increase a person’s perceived charisma, approachability, and reduce their strangeness and apparent dangerousness in a social situation. Beings who rely on an Awe Factor or incredible charisma to influence people may find themselves take less seriously, even laugher at, if they are placed under the effects of a Hilarity Factor. It can also be used to mask Horror Factor, for purposes such as allowing monstrous and disturbing beings to walk about in public without causing a panic, or to openly sneak up to targets(“Awww...look at the giant eye-squid plushie!”) before dropping the masque for maximum shock effect. Used on objects with a presence attack, Hilarity Factor makes them look less intimidating(“Cool-looking gun you got there, Texx! I didn’t think Nerf made automatic bazookas!”).

Range: Self, by touch, or 60 ft +10 ft per level of experience

Duration: 3 minutes + 1 minute per level of experience

Effects: Turns an existing Horror or Awe Factor into Hilarity Factor.
If the targeted being does not have an existing Horror/Awe Factor, they get a default rating of HiF: 12(+1 at experience levels 3, 6, 9, and 12 of the casting superbeing).
HiF works just like Horror Factor except that instead of being stricken with terror, observers will be overcome by laughter or bemusement(“Awwww...how -kawaiiiiiiiii-.....!”). Onlookers are also more inclined to move TOWARDS the HiF target, rather than run away from it.

Saves: Observers save versus psionics/illusions to avoid falling under the influence of the HiF. A successful save means they see through the illusion and see the masked target for what it really is.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Hilarity Factor (HiF) (Minor)

Hilarity Factor is an illusion-based ability that makes things seem somehow FUNNIER, or at the very least, CUTER, than they normally are. This can be used to increase a person’s perceived charisma, approachability, and reduce their strangeness and apparent dangerousness in a social situation. Beings who rely on an Awe Factor or incredible charisma to influence people may find themselves take less seriously, even laugher at, if they are placed under the effects of a Hilarity Factor. It can also be used to mask Horror Factor, for purposes such as allowing monstrous and disturbing beings to walk about in public without causing a panic, or to openly sneak up to targets(“Awww...look at the giant eye-squid plushie!”) before dropping the masque for maximum shock effect. Used on objects with a presence attack, Hilarity Factor makes them look less intimidating(“Cool-looking gun you got there, Texx! I didn’t think Nerf made automatic bazookas!”).

If the targeted being does not have an existing Horror/Awe Factor, they get a default rating of HiF: 12(+1 at experience levels 3, 6, 9, and 12 of the casting superbeing).
HiF works just like Horror Factor except that instead of being stricken with terror, observers will be overcome by laughter or bemusement(“Awwww...how -kawaiiiiiiiii-.....!”). Onlookers are also more inclined to move TOWARDS the HiF target, rather than run away from it.

Saves: Observers save versus psionics/illusions to avoid falling under the influence of the HiF. A successful save means they see through the illusion and see the masked target for what it really is.

"If you can't laugh at the living dead, who CAN you laugh at?"
Nicely done.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:[q
Nicely done.

Ouch...zombie clowns.
Thanks for the nightmare fuel!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Nicely done.

Some of the Nightbane stuff is just hilarious. A good portion of it should be laughed at rather than have people frightened, and yet it gets a Horror Factor. Huh.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Nicely done.

Some of the Nightbane stuff is just hilarious. A good portion of it should be laughed at rather than have people frightened, and yet it gets a Horror Factor. Huh.

Horror Factor is exaggerated in Nightbane. Go figure.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Mephisto wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I think Iczer needs to post some powers. It has been like two pages since he posted. Has anyone seen him lately?

It's been months, either he has no new material or has gone on to bigger and better things. My guess is the latter. No idea and honestly he was the zen master of powers he's going in the Palladium Hall of Fame for his contributions.

Believe it or not, it's just been work. Not really bigger or better, just time consuming.....but it does pay the bills.

It is nice to be remembered though...so if I may my hibernation.....

Vital Armour: [Minor]
ÿou know, for an invulnerable guy, you sure do whine a lot.'

The character can give up his own health and vitality to become temporarily tougher. The character simply reduces his PE by one(as an action) and gains limited protection.
The first PE point spent grants the character an Natural Ar of 8.
Subsequent PE points increase AR by 3 points, to a maximum of 17. after this point, every PE point spent reduces incoming damage from energy or kinetic sources by the characters level.
[Avery, a third level mutant with a PE of 14, needs to cross a gunfire strew battlezone to rescue a fallen team mate before he bleeds to death. She blows 6 PE. the first four increase her AR to 17, the last two reduce incoming damage from the gunfire by 6 - twice her current level]
The increased toughness adds to the character's PS as well, each spent PE point increases her PS by an equal amount.
A PE point can be spent to counter a disease or poison already in the character's system, and 2 points can shrug off the effects of any failed saving throw from a superpower, magic spell or psionic effect.
Duration: the enhancements are only short lived, one minute per level. PE returns at a rate of 1 every 10 minutes (or double if resting)

Forced evolution: [Major]
'that's what I adore about the zoo...so much potential'

The character can artificially force random evolutionary advantages on a target.
1) Evolve humanoids: By touching a humanoid for one minute (must be willing or unable to resist) the character can force a massive biological series of shifts. the target gains the minor power of physical perfection OR Feral (powers unlimited 1) and a random mutation. transformations like this last one hour for each level of the character and target combined. The character cannot evolve himself with this ability.
2) Evolve animals: the character can perform the same trick on animals. animals are usually unable to be made willing (you technically cannot get them to give consent unless they can understand you). apply one mutation and either the minor power of Feral or physical perfection. Alternatively you can grant them human level sentience and 40 Bio-E. Animals evolved in this manner retain their transformations for one hour per level of the character.
3) Evolve Microbiologicals: The character can cause localized bacteria, mold, spores and fungus to swell and expand. it takes a mere melee round to create a slime puddle. such pools of evolved bacteria can be treated as semi sentient hostile environments. A pool is roughly 3 feet across per level of the character and a foot high, and moves with a spd of 6. such pools have one attack per melee and all that is is simply moving onto or over living targets. +3 to strike parries are impossible without some sort of inorganic shield. They have 12 HP per level of the character, but are immune to physical attacks. Being slapped by one of these pools is like having acid splashed on you, inflicting 2D4 damage +1D4 damage per level. double damage if a target should be engulfed by one of these pools, half if a target is dumb enough to actually punch or strike one. In addition each pool has one of the following added benefits.
01 Extra acidity: Damage is done with D6's rathert than D4's
02 Robust: has 20 HP per level.
03 Noxious: being within 10 feet of the creature requires a saving throw vs poison from its fumes (14+ or become choked - lose one attack and -2 to strike/parry/dodge)
04 Airborne: the is a gas cloud and floats 1D4+2 feet off the ground with a speed of 10
05 Carnivorous: every 20 points of damage caused by the blob increases it's effective level by one
06 Virulent: The blob's touch causes massive infections and lesions. it's damage ignores any natural AR from organic sources(including invulnerability), but targets gain a saving throw vs disease to take half damage.
07 Fast: the blob gains an extra attack doubles its spd and gains a+2 to strike
08 Highly caustic: the blobs acid touch affects inorganic objects as well, inflicting double normal damage to stone and metal.
09 long lasting: the blob persists for 1D4 days before devolving back to where it came from
10 roll twice.
Duration: evolved bacteria remain in their blob like state for 1 minute per level of the character.
Limitations: The character gains no actual control over his creations, so he best avoid his blobs and rampaging evolved Apes. The touch range of his powers, and the durations make them unseemly for combat, though great for unleashing chaos.
Other bonuses: The character enjoys some measure of physical enhancement, gaining the minor power of Physical perfection.

Water Blast: [Minor]
'Woosh!'

The character can pull ambient water from the air and hurl it at a target.
Range: 40 feet plus 10 feet per level.
Damage: 2D4 triple damage to creatures made of fire, and can extinguish a fire roughly the size of a man.
Attacks per melee: each attack uses one action, but only one water blast can be made per round.
Pushback: the force of a water blast is sufficient to knock over a man sized target. The target rolls a D20 and adds his PS attribute, while the character rolls a D20 and adds 12. if the character rolls higher then the target is pushed backwards one foot per point of difference. any target knocked backwards any distance (including if the rolls are tied) must make a sense of balance check or be knocked down.
Bonus to strike: +4.
Special: If the character has ready access to a vast supply of water (heavy rain, an open lake) within 10 feet (+2 per level) the character can fire 2 water blasts per round, for 4D6 damage, and the push back has a PS of 24 and pushes a target back 2 feet per point of difference.

Psi absorption: [Major]
'Puny Brain-man try to punish Sulk. SULK TRASH PUNY BRAIN MAN'

The character absorbs psionic energy and converts it into raw power for a very short time.
The character is immune to psionic power (as per the minor power). This includes pseudo psionic powers posessed by some superbeings, as well as magic effects that target the mind or will. when the character would normally be called upon to make a saving throw, he instead gains +5 PS and a temporary bonus of +20SDC. He also enjoys a mild increase in size. furthermore, every point of ISP or PPE in the power used (none for super powers) heals a like amount of damage the character may have already suffered. The PS and SDC last for only 1 round per level, and the character can only gain a maximum of +20PS and +100SDC.
The character takes half damage from psionic energy (mind bolts and psi swords in particular). While the character has any enhanced PS, he has a +1 attack per melee.

Pseudo Psychic [Major]
'Oh Crap...It's the Sulk!'

The character's brain has adjusted to project a series of psionic like effects. while not technically psionic, he is hard pressed to tell the difference without a blood test an an expert in the field.
1) Heightened mind: +1D4+1 to IQ, ME and MA.
2) Psionic defence: the character needs only a 12 to save vs psionics. In addition, the character can become impervious to psionics by shutting down the pseudo psychic power (no abilities)
3) mental force bolts: electromagentic energy inflicting 1D6 damage per level out to 300 feet with +4 to strike. each bolt requires an action.
4) Psionic stab: a direct mental assault to cause either confusion (target loses one attack and halves combat bonuses for 1D4 rounds +1 per level) or pain (1HP per level in damage and target loses all actions for the round) to a target within 30 feet. Targets may save vs psionics to resist these effects.
5) Psychic senses: the character is highly intuitive with the ability to sense danger, emotions and other psychic powers. The character is hard to surprise and has +4 to initiative, and can make a perception check (12) to notice and avoid surprise attacks. He can read a targets emotions by concentrating. this grants a +10% to seduction as well as +2 to all perception checks with people and a charm impress/trust intimidate of 40% (or +15% if he already possesses these) Lastly,he has a 40% chance of determining if a person has psychic powers, or an ISP reserve. He automatically detects the use of psychic powers within 60 feet.
5) psychic bonuses: If the character possesses an ISP reserve, he enjoys +30ISP

Predestin: [Minor]
'Predictable as always professor'

The character can glimpse the future, just enough to avoid disaster or avert tragedy.
The character requires a minute of concentration and then makes a saving throw (14+ ME bonuses apply) this roll is fixed and can be used in the next 4 hours (plus one hour per level) instead of any other dice roll.
[Deja-Fu, has fixed a 17 one morning, right before she meets Master Feng for their Dawn Duel to the death. as the sun rises and the opponents battle, Deja-Fu rolls a pitiful 7 to parry Master Feng's 100 spider strike. She swiftly substitutes the 17, and then adds her bonuses to parry, avoiding Master Feng's eminently predictable death touch attack.]
The roll can substitute for a skill roll (which guarantees a roll of 25 or less on percentile dice) or for a damage roll (turning a roll of 3 for damage to a much higher number.)
Other abilities: the character's meditations giver her blurry insight into the future. The character is vaguely aware of any great tragedy that occurs within the duration of the power, though not specifics. The GM is advised to aid with this by giving helpful hints such as ýou should carry rope today' or ''ýou awaken from your meditations smelling smoke and hearing sirens' The character gains a Bonus of 1D4+1 ME
Drawbacks: The character can 'predestin' one dice roll at a time (two at seventh level and three at 14th. make two or three saving throws). He can meditate upon a failed roll for an extra minute but not on successful one.

Water walking [Minor]
'come on guys, he's getting away on that speedboat'

The character creates a field that solidifies water on contact, buoying and supporting his weight. He can walk on water as if it were solid ground, or skim and slide over its surface. The character enjoys +2 to dodge +2 to initiative and +15 to Spd when on water of at least 6 inches thickness. The character can control this so that he can sink at will. he can make climb checks to climb waterfalls (but at -20%) and ignores any slipperiness of wet surfaces he is touching. His punches and kicks harm targets made of liquid or water normally

Limbsmith [Major]
'hey guys..pass me that radiator..I need to fly after that guy'

The character can cause machinery to reform as spare limbs that attach themselves until no longer needed.
1) disassemble machinery: the character can touch a working machine and inflict 3d6 damage to it over the course of a melee round. Machines with an AR over 12 take half damage and machines with an AR of 15 or more take one quarter damage. The pieces fly off and start to form a limb of the character's desire.
2) form limbs: it takes 30 SDC to create an arm or a leg. a sinlge arm adds +2 to all attempts to maintain a grapple, and +1 to parry. each pair of limbs (2 pairs maximum) adds an extra attack and +1 to parry. Metal fists inflict 2D6 damage, and the PS of a generated fist is equal to the AR of the original machine +1 per level.
A Leg requires 40 SDC to create. every extra leg (maximum 2) adds 5 feet to jumping distance and +10 to Spd. PS is the same as for arms and inflicts +6 damage on top of regular kicks)
A tail requires 20 SDC to make adds an extra attack with +2 to strike. a basic tail is 5 feet long, but every 40SDC adds another 5 feet (out to 20 feet maximum) a tail inflicts 2D6 damage with a swat.
Tentacles cost require 15SDC to create. each pair adds +1 attack and +5 to maintain grapples. tentacles inflict 1D4 damage and have a PS of half the strength of a normal limb.
Wings cost 35 SDC and must be made in pairs to function, granting a flying spd equal to the character's PP plus his MA with a +2 dodge bonus while in air. He cannot hover.
Formed limbs last one hour per level before falling apart.
3) replace limbs: the character can simply form a replacement limb for one that has been lost. the replacement functions identically to the original, except that it will be heavier and obviously mechanical. If the character is replacing a lost limb for himself it is functionally permanent until broken. If doing it for another, the prosthetic requires regular bionic maintenance by a person with basic mechanics and basic electronics or Better, or else it falls off after one day per level of the character.

Cojoin: [Minor]
'Let's share'

The character can merge himself with another target, becoming a temporary co-joined twin. this requires that the character have a willing, helpless or grappled target. It takes one full melee round to merge with a target, and if grappling the target may attempt to escape by contesting a battle of strengths. unwilling targets may also make a saving throw to resist (14+ PE bonuses apply)

A merged creature has the mass of both targets combined, and consists of 2 legs, one swollen torso two arms and two heads. The creature has the combined SDC of both parties (but distinct Hit points). If the pair are co-operating, both members of the union have their normal attacks at the lower of their initiatives. Their PS and PE scores is equal to the highest of the two plus half of the weakest. Their PP and Spd scores are equal to the lowest of the pair. Both parties retain their powers but if co-operating, they can use each others powers at will.

If the target resists (but failed his saving throw) he can make the pairing awkward. He can deny access to his powers (the character must contest ME scores to use a borrowed power) and he can interfere physically, (both parties lose one attack per melee round, halve Spd and combat bonuses). as an action he may use powers on the character, (bearing in mind that he shares a body with him - his attacks will inflict half damage to the character's HP) or he may attempt to will himself free (takes a full round, a saving throw and an opposed ME vs ME roll) if he can teleport or turn intangible (for instance) he may attempt to do so and leave the character behind. an ME vs ME roll is required. If he wins, he can be made free, if he fails, then the power affects both parties.

Defender [Minor]
'Hold fast none shall get by me'

The character can turn his defences inward, strengthening his body temporarily. as an action, he may gain a reserve SDC bonus of 50 that last until his next action, or until the next round of actions (whichever comes first) He cannot move more than 10 feet when he does this. The character can use this as a defence, making a roll with punch/fall/impact to absorb damage with the bonus SDC rather than taking half damage. This requires an action to perform. When the duration ends, the bonus SDC goes away, but it returns in full when a new action is made to do so. This SDC must be whittled away to harm the character, and can be used to resist point blank explosives and close range firearms normally.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
taalismn
Priest

Iczer wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I think Iczer needs to post some powers. It has been like two pages since he posted. Has anyone seen him lately?

It's been months, either he has no new material or has gone on to bigger and better things. My guess is the latter. No idea and honestly he was the zen master of powers he's going in the Palladium Hall of Fame for his contributions.

Believe it or not, it's just been work. Not really bigger or better, just time consuming.....but it does pay the bills.

It is nice to be remembered though...so if I may my hibernation.....Batts

Applause.
Indeed...a guy's gotta eat. :)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Nice set of powers, Iczer. I will have to post them to the Vault as I have time.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

What they said.
Welcome back, nice to know you found a job.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

I've had the job for a while, it's just become so...consuming. Physically exhausted at the end of each day. Have 'graduated' to laboratory work now. longer hours but no routine physical exertion so I get home later in the day, but not nearly as worn out.
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Laboratory work, I think that your new powers show some signs of the work place.
But most likely wrong.
Good to have you back.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
taalismn
Priest

As threatened:

Alter Physical Structure: Bacon(Major)
“Yeah, I’ve been asked to act as personal security for Lady GaGa. Wonder why?”

APS: Bacon transforms the superbeing into a popular meat product. From a distance, the superbeing looks as if they were flayed alive, but closer inspection will show their outer integument is covered with strips of bacon, well-marbled with striations of fat.

1) Damage Resistance---The superbeing takes HALF damage from concussive blows such as punches and kicks, owing to the fact that, well, they’re covered in dead meat.

2) Throw Ham-Hocks---The superbeing can instantly produce and throw projectiles made of ham, equal to their normal hand to hand attacks. These can be quite heavy(5-10 lbs) and strike with concussive force.
Range: 60 ft +10 ft per level of experience
Damage: 2d4 SDC

3) Spray Bacon Fat----The superbeing can spray liquid bacon fat that is extremely slippery. This can be used to lubricate surfaces to prevent traction, grease moving parts, or make somebody hard to grapple onto.
Range: 60 ft (plus 10 ft per level of experience) and can cover a 10 ft wide area
Damage: Beings running over the greased area will have to roll to maintain their balance, with a penalty of -1.
Beings attempting to wrestle or entangle a well-greased target will be at -2 to entangle, while greased beings will be +10% to Escape Artist moves.
If combined with a heat-based attack, the bacon fat can become a scalding hot fluid that hisses and steams menacingly and does 1d6 SDC burn damage(2d6 SDC if more than a single limb is covered by the hot grease). There is also a 15% chance of the grease catching fire, burning for 1d4 melees in a very smokey fire.

Also, by laying down a lane of grease ahead of himself, the superbeing can DOUBLE his running speed by sliding down the bacon grease.

4) Wrap In Bacon----The superbeing can produce entangling strips of bacon to wrap targets in. The leathery raw bacon has 15 SDC(A.R. 7) per melee attack spent wrapping up a target, who must either fight(or bite) their way out of the meat bonds. It takes one melee action to detach/throw an strip of bacon.
Bonuses: +2 to Entangle.

5) Bacon-Appeal---Everybody loves bacon, and the superbeing is able to capitalize on this with a distractive Awe Factor of 12. An unsuccessful save means the distracted parties are so enraptured by the thought of bacon and distracted by the grumblings of their stomachs that they’re momentarily unable to take offensive action. Only beings who are avowed vegetarians will be immune to this power aspect(GM's option: may have a HORROR Factor of 12 for extreme vegans and those beings of porcine ancestry/derivation, such mutant animals and beings with Animal Metamorphosis: Swine).

6) Produce Food---The superbeing can actually generate and detach bacon from his body without harm, allowing him to feed others(like distracting guard dogs, for instance). Can produce their P.E, in lbs of 'extra' (i.e. non-weaponized)bacon per 24 hours.

7) Other Bonuses:
+80 SDC
-Heals twice as fast as normal
-Never suffers from nitrate-induced illnesses or heart disease.

Vulnerabilities:
*Carnivores----The superbeing takes double damage from attacks by carnivore-based powers.
Last edited by taalismn on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:As threatened:

Alter Physical Structure: Bacon(Major)
“Yeah, I’ve been asked to act as personal security for Lady GaGa. Wonder why?”

APS: Bacon transforms the superbeing into a popular meat product. From a distance, the superbeing looks as if they were flayed alive, but closer inspection will show their outer integument is covered with strips of bacon, well-marbled with striations of fat.

1) Damage Resistance---The superbeing takes HALF damage from concussive blows such as punches and kicks, owing to the fact that, well, they’re covered in dead meat.

2) Throw Ham-Hocks---The superbeing can instantly produce and throw projectiles made of ham. These can be quite heavy and strike with concussive force.
Range: 60 ft
Damage: 2d4 SDC

3) Spray Bacon Fat----The superbeing can spray liquid bacon fat that is extremely slippery. This can be used to lubricate surfaces to prevent traction, grease moving parts, or make somebody hard to grapple onto.
Range: 60 ft (plus 10 ft per level of experience) and can cover a 10 ft wide area
Damage: Beings running over the greased area will have to roll to maintain their balance, with a penalty of -1.
Beings attempting to wrestle or entangle a well-greased target will be at -2 to entangle, while greased beings will be +10% to Escape Artist moves.
If combined with a heat-based attack, the bacon fat can become a scalding hot fluid that hisses and steams menacingly and does 1d6 SDC burn damage(2d6 SDC if more than a single limb is covered by the hot grease). There is also a 15% chance of the grease catching fire, burning for 1d4 melees in a very smokey fire.

Also, by laying down a lane of grease ahead of himself, the superbeing can DOUBLE his running speed by sliding down the bacon grease.

4) Wrap In Bacon----The superbeing can produce entangling strips of bacon to wrap targets in. The leathery raw bacon has 15 SDC(A.R. 7) per melee attack spent wrapping up a target, who must either fight(or bite) their way out of the meat bonds.

5) Bacon-Appeal---Everybody loves bacon, and the superbeing is able to capitalize on this with a distractive Awe Factor of 12. An unsuccessful save means the distracted parties are so enraptured by the thought of bacon and distracted by the grumblings of their stomachs that they’re momentarily unable to take offensive action. Only beings who are avowed vegetarians will be immune to this power aspect.

6) Produce Food---The superbeing can actually generate and detach bacon from his body without harm, allowing him to feed others(like distracting guard dogs, for instance). Can produce their P.E, in lbs of bacon per 24 hours.

7) Other Bonuses:
+50 SDC
-Never suffers from nitrate-induced illnesses or heart disease.

Vulnerabilities:
*Carnivores----The superbeing takes double damage from attacks by carnivore-based powers.

Seems a bit incomplete. How many attacks does it use to throw ham-hocks? Why is the range for throwing said ham-hocks not improving with levels? While the vegetarian might not succumb to bacon appeal, would the power not then have a Horror Factor towards those not wanting to eat meat? How many attacks/actions does it take to detach the bacon? Does the bacon regenerate SDC at the standard rate for an APS power? What is their SDC as bacon as opposed to that as a regular meatbag, is it the same or different than their standard SDC?
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:[Seems a bit incomplete. How many attacks does it use to throw ham-hocks? Why is the range for throwing said ham-hocks not improving with levels? While the vegetarian might not succumb to bacon appeal, would the power not then have a Horror Factor towards those not wanting to eat meat? How many attacks/actions does it take to detach the bacon? Does the bacon regenerate SDC at the standard rate for an APS power? What is their SDC as bacon as opposed to that as a regular meatbag, is it the same or different than their standard SDC?

Thank you for the critical feedback...I am indeed correcting some of those issues, The rest of them will be pending, until I can consult my books to see how the other altered meatbags stack up.
But APS: Bacon is (deliberately)decidedly one of the 'wimpier' APSes(Though not as bad as APS: Custard and APS: Jello).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:[Seems a bit incomplete. How many attacks does it use to throw ham-hocks? Why is the range for throwing said ham-hocks not improving with levels? While the vegetarian might not succumb to bacon appeal, would the power not then have a Horror Factor towards those not wanting to eat meat? How many attacks/actions does it take to detach the bacon? Does the bacon regenerate SDC at the standard rate for an APS power? What is their SDC as bacon as opposed to that as a regular meatbag, is it the same or different than their standard SDC?

Thank you for the critical feedback...I am indeed correcting some of those issues, The rest of them will be pending, until I can consult my books to see how the other altered meatbags stack up.
But APS: Bacon is (deliberately)decidedly one of the 'wimpier' APSes(Though not as bad as APS: Custard and APS: Jello).
Understood. The poor fella would have to worry about people chasing him with forks and yelling "BACON!" Mmmm, bacon...
Some of the abilities of APS:Bacon would make nice minor powers. I can see Wrap in Bacon and the bacon grease part being combined into a lesser power, like so:

Matter Expulsion: Bacon (Minor) by Taalismn and Stone Gargoyle

The character's skin appears to be dead strips of flesh resembling bacon. The strips provide some extra protection against attacks but is primarily just greasy and can pull off in strips to wrap opponents.

1) Spray Bacon Fat/Grease: The superbeing can spray liquid bacon fat (grease) that is extremely slippery. This can be used to lubricate surfaces to prevent traction, grease moving parts, or make somebody hard to grapple onto.
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action to spray bacon fat/grease

2) Wrap In Bacon: The superbeing can produce entangling strips of bacon to wrap targets in. The leathery raw bacon has 15 SDC(A.R. 7) per melee attack spent wrapping up a target, who must either fight(or bite) their way out of the meat bonds.

3) Other Bonuses:
+2 or +10% to Maintain Balance
+1D4X10 SDC
taalismn
Priest

LOL.... :lol:
Combined Bacon Wrap and Cheese Expulsion attacks followed by a heat attack....and your villian(melt) is feeling very much like a cheeseburger....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I will have to go and edit my APS: Cheese power now. But anyhoo...

Matter Expulsion: Cheese (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character can create cheese out of thin air, both as solid matter and as liquid. Doing so, he can create armor of cheese, as well as hurl chunks of solid cheese and spray liquid cheese at opponents...

1) Cheese Armor: The character can create a suit of armor around himself which has a total SDC of 100 and a Natural AR of 9. The armor is susceptible to fire damage, taking double damage if hit and doing half any damage the armor takes to the character underneath.

2) Cheese Chunks: The character can hurl 1-4 cheese chunks or wedges as a blunt projectile attack.
Range: 60 feet, plus 10 feet per level of experience.
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action to generate and throw cheese chunks
Duration: Instant, cheese remains in existence once fired as chunks of cheese until eaten.
Damage: Cheese does 1d4 damage per chunk, so a shot of four would do 4d4 damage.

3) Liquid Cheese:The character can hurl hot cheese at opponents.
Range: 60 feet, plus 10 feet per level of experience.
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action to spray cheese.
Damage:1d6,+ 1d6 at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15

4) Other Bonuses:
Extremely tolerant to milk products and can drink it when it would normally have gone bad.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”