For those going to Open House...

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

For those going to Open House...

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Is anyone here playing on playing in or running a BTS game?

I currently plan to run games both Friday and Saturday and was wondering if anyone else plans to run games as I'd love to play a BTS game for a change instead of always running them :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Re: For those going to Open House...

You may be interested in knowing what some of the adventures in BTS will be presented at the Open House. Then again you may not be interested but I'm telling you anyway. :)

These are the adventure scenario's I've registered for the Open house. Enjoy!

My GM Registration notes:

- Adventure Title: -A Pledge Unfulfilled (ghost story)
An old mechanical factory has recently been purchased by a big company with plans to update and upgrade the building into a tool and die company, bringing much needed jobs and commerce to the community or Roslyn, Washington. However, it seems the antique machines and scrap metal aren’t all that still linger within the building.

- Maximum Number of Players: 6 players

- Running Time: 3-4 hours

– Pregenerated characters sheets will be available.

- Minimum age of the players: Suitable for all ages.

Game #2- RPG setting: Beyond the Supernatural
-Adventure Title: Into the Maze (Erick Wujcik inspired)

A member of the Lazlo Society has been kidnapped, and the kidnapper has invited select members of the Society to come to his rescue. She is held deep within the bowels of an underground maintenance system. The many pipes, valves, machinery, catwalks, stairs and tunnels create a modern day labyrinth one can easily get lost in. Negotiating this labyrinth will be dangerous. Water hazards, aging and faulty equipment, rats and wild dogs may all be potential obstacles. However, even beyond these hazards lies numerous death traps requiring the members to have sharp wits and fast reflexes to survive and rescue their comrade.

–Pregenerated characters sheets will be available.

- Minimum age of the players: Due to subject matter, this game is not suitable for players under the age of 13.

Game #3 –RPG setting: Beyond the Supernatural
-Adventure Title: No Rest, No Peace (ghost story)

A new family is moving into the beautiful old house that they’ve always wanted. The house was everything they could have hoped for… until the paranormal activity began. Doors slamming, faint cries for help at night, an overwhelming feeling of sadness and fear in the basement; the Lazlo Society is called in investigate the house. But what seems to be typical haunting activity reveals a dark past that refuses to be forgotten and begs to be released.

-Maximum Number of Players: 6 players

- Minimum age of the players: Due to mature content, this game is not suitable for players under the age of 17.

Game # 4-RPG setting: Beyond the Supernatural
-Adventure Title: Amber Alert (monster hunt)

Seven year old Amber Mancini has been kidnapped under the dying light of day. Night has since fallen and is accompanied by the rain that pours over the police and the crime scene below. While the police have labeled this a typical kidnapping, the murder of ravens that glare from above give a tell tale sign to the members of the Lazlo Agency. There's nothing typical at all about this kidnapper, and time to rescue Amber is running out!

- Minimum age of the players: Suitable for all ages.
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Rimdall
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Rimdall »

I've submitted 2 BtS games for the OH.

Family Roots

RPG/World setting: Beyond the Supernatural 2nd Ed.
- A woman appears, claiming to be from the past. Asked to establish the validity of her claims, the team uncovers horrifying secrets long thought hidden. Can they determine the truth in time to save the day?
- Maximum Number of Players: 6
- Running Time: 3-4 hours.
- What days you can run: Friday, Saturday or Sunday – no preference
- When: no preferred time
- Multiple games:
– Pre-generated character sheets will be available
- Minimum age of the players: 13

Welcome Home

RPG/World setting: Beyond the Supernatural 2nd Ed.
- Called in to investigate odd happenings at a house, the team discovers things are more than they appear, almost as if the house is working against them. But the house couldn’t be alive… could it?
- Maximum Number of Players: 6
- What days you can run: Friday, Saturday or Sunday – no real preference
- When: no preferred time of day
- Multiple games:
– Pre-generated character sheets will be available
- Minimum age of the players: 13
mrloucifer

Sweet! If my game times dont conflict with yours, you may see me playing at your table. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Rimdall
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Rimdall »

I would be honored. I think you were at my BtS game at GallowsCon; I plan on having these much more polished.
mrloucifer

Really? Then I might have been in your game... what was the story of your game?
–H.P. Lovecraft

Rimdall
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Rimdall »

It was the haunted warehouse search that resulted in the wedding ring being returned to the ghost house. I think that's a brief summary. I think you were the parapsychologist.
mrloucifer

Rimdall wrote:It was the haunted warehouse search that resulted in the wedding ring being returned to the ghost house. I think that's a brief summary. I think you were the parapsychologist.

Yes! That was me. :) I dont know if I told you after that adventure, but your game is eerily similar to a game I run at conventions myself and will be playing at the open house. If the time works for you I'd love to have you play that paticular adventure with me, in only to see how spooky similar they are. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Great ideas!

I hope to see more.
mrloucifer

bingomanzero wrote:Awesome. I'd love to play in any one(or all) of those games! I have been buying the Palladium stuff for a while, but haven't had any chance to play BTS at all so far. Can't wait. :D

I hope you can make to at least one or all of my adventures then. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

sounds great! as Im not in the US and therefore would have a hard time going to the OH - any chance you put some of these on the net - or in a RIFTER?
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Rimdall
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Rimdall »

mrloucifer wrote:
Rimdall wrote:It was the haunted warehouse search that resulted in the wedding ring being returned to the ghost house. I think that's a brief summary. I think you were the parapsychologist.

Yes! That was me. :) I dont know if I told you after that adventure, but your game is eerily similar to a game I run at conventions myself and will be playing at the open house. If the time works for you I'd love to have you play that paticular adventure with me, in only to see how spooky similar they are. :)

I hope to play in all your games. As for spooky similar, isn't that a good thing for a BtS game? :D
mrloucifer

Touche Rimdall! :lol:
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Hey, I'm gearing my stuff up and getting ducks in a row for the open house...

Are there any questions you'd like me to ask Kevin about with BTS while I'm asking some of my own?
–H.P. Lovecraft

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Do you have a PayPal account associated with any of your e-mail addresses? If I learn that something interesting is being sold exclusively at the Open House, I might put you to work as my broker and pack mule.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

I just thought of a question. Someone should ask Kevin (or anyone in the Pally staff) if the ban on original materials for Robotech also applies to Macross II RPG series.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
mrloucifer

Lord Z wrote:Do you have a PayPal account associated with any of your e-mail addresses? If I learn that something interesting is being sold exclusively at the Open House, I might put you to work as my broker and pack mule.

Why my dear friend Lord Z, I work for eBay/PayPal, so of course I do :)

You have email address (which is attached to Paypal) and my cell phone # Lordy Z, so let me know if I can help you out. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”