Materials that Boost Magic Abilities

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Re: Materials that Boost Magic Abilities

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

in my games I normally have quartz be capable of holding ppe and ISP
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Xanthine is a gem that can be used to give spellcasters +50% to range and duration of spells.

Gantrium is a metal that can be used to give spellcasters 1/2 PPE costs for spells, and doubles PPE recovery rate.

Stardust is a metal (?) from 3 Galaxies that doubles damage/MDC protection and range of spells.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Mephisto wrote:
Talavar wrote:Xanthine is a gem that can be used to give spellcasters +50% to range and duration of spells.

Gantrium is a metal that can be used to give spellcasters 1/2 PPE costs for spells, and doubles PPE recovery rate.

Stardust is a metal (?) from 3 Galaxies that doubles damage/MDC protection and range of spells.

I'm guessing Xanthine can't be woven into a suit as buttons or lapels can it? And Gantrium woven into a boot lining or undershirt. And I'm guessing Stardust's properties aren't well documented, and the availability is probably pretty subjective (as in, in the GM's hands).

The first two are the metals used in the making of the Rings of Eldar.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Mephisto wrote:
Prince Artemis wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
Talavar wrote:Xanthine is a gem that can be used to give spellcasters +50% to range and duration of spells.

I'm guessing Xanthine can't be woven into a suit as buttons or lapels can it? And Gantrium woven into a boot lining or undershirt. And I'm guessing Stardust's properties aren't well documented, and the availability is probably pretty subjective (as in, in the GM's hands).

If you can provide me with reference material, that would be very much appreciated. (No sarcasm, but I don't know where to find that material)
The Rings of Elder are in the 5th or 6th books of the Siege on Tolkeen series.

As for the metals/substances themselves, they are (fortunately) in extremely short supply throughout the Megaverse, and IIRC those raw materials are also in greatest abundance in the Three Galaxies so look in the 3 or 4 Books that they've printed on the region.

Even the Splugorth in general, and Splynncryth in particular can't get you mass quantities of the stuff -in fact, he might not have ever heard of it (or he'd most likely be hoarding it for the benefit of his won power base).

Now if, on the other hand, you and/or your GM sets up an adventure whereby you eventually run across the corpses of some of Tolkeen's Council of Twelve......
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

cornholioprime wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
Prince Artemis wrote:
Mephisto wrote:

If you can provide me with reference material, that would be very much appreciated. (No sarcasm, but I don't know where to find that material)
The Rings of Elder are in the 5th or 6th books of the Siege on Tolkeen series.

As for the metals/substances themselves, they are (fortunately) in extremely short supply throughout the Megaverse, and IIRC those raw materials are also in greatest abundance in the Three Galaxies so look in the 3 or 4 Books that they've printed on the region.

Even the Splugorth in general, and Splynncryth in particular can't get you mass quantities of the stuff -in fact, he might not have ever heard of it (or he'd most likely be hoarding it for the benefit of his won power base).

Now if, on the other hand, you and/or your GM sets up an adventure whereby you eventually run across the corpses of some of Tolkeen's Council of Twelve......

They're also in the first book, as well as the HU Galaxy Guide has a brief mention of it somewhere.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

They're in one of the PFRPG books as well I think.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I think one of them is mentioned in "Land of the Damned" books. It's nice for the information. Thank you for some of the other ones. I'm going to have to check them out too.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
AaronCE
D-Bee

Unread post by AaronCE »

Gantrium and Xanthine are in Northern Hinterlands.

~A

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”