Anyone else with a copy of Nightspawn?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rockwolf66
Hero

Anyone else with a copy of Nightspawn?

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Hey all,
I just got my hands on a copy of Nightspawn the RPG while up in Davis. I payed all of $5 for it. :-D

Anyone else with a copy of the book?
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Re: Anyone else with a copy of Nightspawn?

Unread post by AzathothXy »

You mean with the original title?
Mine is Nightspawn.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Same
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

I wanted Nightspawn so bad that I camped the RPG shop for weeks like a two bit WOW ninja looter, just so that I could get the first copy when it came out!!!
Man was I confused when I later went to get my copy of "Between the Shadows" and it said "NightBane sourcebook", I had no clue what it ment and thought it was a differant RPG title altogether, so now I Hate Todd McFarlane to death fer messing with my NightSPAWN books!

If I every gain Omnipotence, Im gonna Smite him first!

So Yeah, I got it, And luv it... Everyone of my friends are envious.
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Two, actually. One I got as part of a collection I bought back in 04 or 05. The other was won from one of Palladium's auctions, and is signed by Mr. Carella.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Original copy here too. 8)
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Yup. ..first printing Nightspawn, bought at the (now long gone) Silver Snail 2 on Eglinton Ave, Toronto.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

yup, and I got it for a throwaway-price. I also have the Nightbane book, and paid the regular price for it.
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I think mine also says "Nightspawn" on the cover. I'll have to check......yep.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I have a NightSpawn book. I got it new, and probably the more worn out book I have, besides the RMB that I got used.

It is also why I get to ignore the NB Conventions in DC. Cause I don't make NB, I only make NS. :D :lol:
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Years ago asked for a Nightspawn copy in a grab bag and got it. :)

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Nightspawn here too. :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I had the opportunity to get one a couple of years ago, but I passed since I already had a copy of Nightbane. That place since went under and I've never seen a copy of Nightspawn since.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Wonder how much they are currently going for on the open market?
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

Rockwolf66 wrote:Wonder how much they are currently going for on the open market?

cheap. I got mine on ebay, and the p&p was more than the price for the book. ;)
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Jeez... I feel left out. All I have is a copy of plain-old-boring-Nightbane.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I have my copy of Nightspawn as well as my Nightbane copy.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

Mine is the Nightspawn book. I was also stunned by the change in the name when the Between the Shadows book came out. I actually think that there is absolutely NOTHING similar between the Todd McFarlane Spawn and the Nightbane stuff. I have disliked McFarlane and his work ever since.
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
wildhood
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Pickup my 1st Palladium RPG Book back in 1990.

Unread post by wildhood »

Got one myself, but I rip the pages out, I can still use it.
I don t beleive I m using my XBOX One to post on here.
Undisiplined Veritech Pilots don t pilot Veritechs they pilot Verideck.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Beatmeclever wrote:Mine is the Nightspawn book. I was also stunned by the change in the name when the Between the Shadows book came out. I actually think that there is absolutely NOTHING similar between the Todd McFarlane Spawn and the Nightbane stuff. I have disliked McFarlane and his work ever since.

In our game we say that Nightbane is the name for the ancient ones and Nightspawn is their modern name for ones born on Dark Day or after. Some Nightbanes threat the Nightspawns as lesser being compared to themselves. This had lead to some extra fighting within the clans in our game.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Just curious...Is there any difference (other than the name) between the two books? I mean were there significant changes between NS (1st print) and NB (1st print)

Sadly, I don't have either.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

My ex-wife got my Nightspawn copy in the divorce so I had to buy a Nightbane copy. She also got my original Beyond the Supernatural, Mechanoids and all my original Palladium books, Heroes Unlimited and Ninja's and Superspies. I got all the 2nd edition stuff. I bloody well kept all the Robotech books though! I got the Rifts ones simply because she didn't want them. Gamer divorces are not pretty.

A few years ago I came across a mint condition Nightspawn in a used book store (vacuum wrapped and everything) and snatched it right up. I paid a little more than $5 for it though. And by a little, I mean a whole lot. I've actually managed to replace most my lost collection over the years.

As for differences between the two books, I don't think there were any besides the name although I don't have the books with me at the moment to check that.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

the difference is Spawn---->Bane.
Thou the 1st printing of NB had some spawn typos.

I use the NightSpawn as a Race, with the NightBane as the wraiths of the Formless ones as the author intended.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I have the original Nightspawn copy and we call them nightspawn, always have, always will.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
cchopps
Adventurer

Unread post by cchopps »

I bought a copy at Half Price Books shortly after it came out. Very confused when the next one said Nightbane. I also found a copy of Shadows of Light in mint condition there. I had no idea until later that it was hard to find.

Love Half Price Books!

C. Chopps
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I picked one up a couple weeks ago.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Mine is Nightspawn too. Its a little worse for ware but I don't see a reason to get a new book.
Heck if I would have had a crystal ball way back when, I would have kept it in mint condition.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Reagren Wright wrote:Mine is Nightspawn too. Its a little worse for ware but I don't see a reason to get a new book.
Heck if I would have had a crystal ball way back when, I would have kept it in mint condition.

The only reason I got the NightBane main book was because my NS MB was starting to get a bit warn.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Just curious...Is there any difference (other than the name) between the two books? I mean were there significant changes between NS (1st print) and NB (1st print)

Sadly, I don't have either.

Naa, exactly the same material except for the names.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Robroy
Explorer

Unread post by Robroy »

I got the NS book when it first came out and it is still in good condition. About a year or two after the name change I took it to Origins in Columbus OH. when Palladiun had a both and got a lot of signatures. I also got a NB book so I could put the NS up.
"Where ever you go, there you are"-Buckaroo Banzai

"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

I have both. A very well used copy of Nightspawn and a fresher Nightbane book.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

I need a fresher copy of Nightbane, but my original first printing Nightspawn book still has a warm place in my heart - even though its survived floods, my daughter, a divorce, countless moves, and living in a box for a while (the book, not me).

When I get the NB SG, I will prolly pick up a new copy of the NB main book - but that may not be until next year's grab bag at this rate. We'll see what DragonCon brings though.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

I gave mine away as a gift. It has since been lost. I think the Spooks took it.

After giving away I replaced with Nightbane; I like this name better anyways.

Return to “Nightbane®”