Astral Transference & Astral Domain Questions..

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AaronCE
D-Bee

Astral Transference & Astral Domain Questions..

Unread post by AaronCE »

First of all, with Astral Transference there is total discorporation of the physical body, i.e. full psionic energy transformation. My question is this, does that allow for a 15 ISP one melee round uber-teleport? Leave the world you're on, in your backyard, transfer to the Astral Plane, and then leave the Astral Plane in Center, or Cibola, or Hawaii?

With traditional Astral Projection there is a body to return to, a physical location that the power is linked, to and from. But with Astral Transference, there seems to be no such physical focus.

This could cause problems. Especially if you add in the Void anywhen property. Astral Transference in TMNT 1988 Earth, go to Center, to Rifts' Earth (before the Great Cataclysm, during the Dark Age, and "currently"), to the Palladium world (both at the Time of a Thousand Magicks and "currently"), or even break into Wormwood, all with 15 ISP and a some Astral Navigation.

Something interesting to ponder. What do you think?

Also, on a similar vein, with the Astral Lord/Astral Mage, Astral Domain, and the Astral Portals.

First off, with Automatic Transportation, how much associated "stuff" is transferred? Assuming the Astral Domain has the capacity to support my plasma TV and my pool table and my '69 Cobra. Is it akin to teleport? Some amount of stuff, by size, weight/mass, whatever? Or just the physical form/aura.

Secondly, with the Moveable Portal. Is this a trans-dimensional merchant's wet dream? Put up your tapestry in warehouse A in city A on world A, and then the other one in warehouse B in city B on world B (however far way, including alternate dimensions), and just start lugging stuff into the first portal, through a short hallway in your Astral Domain, and out the other portal, nearly instantaniously? This could make for some freaky material transfer. Yeah, you'd have to either have robots/attuned individuals to transfer the stuff, or do it yourself, but either way, quick material transfer with literally unlimited range.

~A
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Astral Transference & Astral Domain Questions..

Unread post by Library Ogre »

My view is that the Astral plane is a place with locations. If you Astrally Transfer on Rifts Earth, then immediately recorporate (without moving in the Astral), you will recorporate on Rifts Earth, not far from where you started. To get to Center, you'd have to move to the region of Astral Space near Center, then recorporate.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”