RCC taking an OCC

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Re: RCC taking an OCC

Unread post by Anthar »

Each specific RCC will state if they can take an OCC or not. Of those that can take and OCC, they generally forfeit their native skill in order to learn the OCC, but as I just said, it's different for each RCC.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

thomasjester wrote:Some RCCs can take OCCs. I might have over looked it in the books somewear, but I can not find the rule for this. Do you make the RCC then add the OCC to the RCC? Not sure, seams that it would make a very powerfull, and overly skilled character.

Were can I find this?

Only RCC's that explicityly say they can take OCC's can take OCC's. if it dosn't mention OCC's, they cannot take them under any circumstances. If they do say, then they will give the rules for it there, generally, but in general, if you take an OCC than they keep all natural abilities but no RCC skills, only OCC skills.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
thomasjester wrote:Some RCCs can take OCCs. I might have over looked it in the books somewear, but I can not find the rule for this. Do you make the RCC then add the OCC to the RCC? Not sure, seams that it would make a very powerfull, and overly skilled character.

Were can I find this?

Only RCC's that explicityly say they can take OCC's can take OCC's. if it dosn't mention OCC's, they cannot take them under any circumstances. If they do say, then they will give the rules for it there, generally, but in general, if you take an OCC than they keep all natural abilities but no RCC skills, only OCC skills.

I would agree with the possible exception of native language skills. The character would have learned those just growing up. Other than that the OCC skills would be substituted for the RCC skills, not in addition to. The only way to get both would be to first do the RCC, and then switch to an OCC, with all RCC skills frozen at the current level as per switching OCC rules.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from Catalonia

Unread post by mobuttu »

kmspade wrote:I would agree with the possible exception of native language skills. The character would have learned those just growing up.

It doesn't have to. It solely depends on the character background or GM discretion.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Anything listed under the category of Natural Abilities stays with the character. regardless of OCC chosen. If you chose an OCC, most if not all, RCC skills are lost.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If the Char has a Racial Char Class (RCC) being talked about, then they can't change it if they start out as the RCC
However, if I was GMing, I'd let them change class as per the (only) published changing class rules in High Seas, at third level.

If in char creation they forfeit the RCC powers and skills, they can take a OCC.
( Translation into real world terms: If the lacked the racial powers that are prerequisite to being trained in the race's normal teachings they are taught some other occupation.)

If its just a race being talked about, then they can take an OCC with out limit or sacrifice of powers and skills.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

cyric wrote:No where in the description for Nightbane does it say they can take an O.C.C...at least as far as I can remember - I don't have my book in front of me. However, there is a Nightbane Sorcerer and a Nightbane Mystic. What about a Nightbane Ranger (from PFRPG) or a Nightbane Sword Bearer? Would either of those be possible?

NightBane and NightSpawn, Nether are RCCs so that have to take an OCC. Ether a regular class OCC or one of the "I grew up in a gang" skill sets that are right after the NB/NS race stats.

The only OCCs that would be Mod'ed would be magic OCCs, which the NB's/NS's race Base PPE would take place of the OCC Base PPE. (if a learned Magic class use the NS Sorcerer base PPE, if an intuitive magic class use the NS Mystic Base PPE)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Rifts®”