Negative Chi

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dworldjumper
D-Bee

Negative Chi

Unread post by dworldjumper »

I thought of a Negative Chi power and advanced one that is. It would convert the Positive Chi in the target into pure Negative Chi. Their physical body would turn to dust and fly away in the wind. I call it Darkest Touch of the Dragon.
anybody got other ones?
Tastes Like Chicken
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Re: Negative Chi

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Only that's not how chi combat works. It's a lot unbalanced with the other negative chi abilities (many of which can be downright nasty).
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

dworldjumper wrote:I thought of a Negative Chi power and advanced one that is. It would convert the Positive Chi in the target into pure Negative Chi. Their physical body would turn to dust and fly away in the wind. I call it Darkest Touch of the Dragon.

Yeah, that's just a little bit broken.

dworldjumper wrote:anybody got other ones?

Look here
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

dworldjumper wrote:I thought of a Negative Chi power and advanced one that is. It would convert the Positive Chi in the target into pure Negative Chi. Their physical body would turn to dust and fly away in the wind. I call it Darkest Touch of the Dragon.
anybody got other ones?

Morbo: Chi doesn't work that way!

Take a look, for example, at One-Finger Chi. It does SDC damage. Now, you might, by using a whole lot of Chi, destroy someone by using a lot of one-finger chi, but it's not going to work as a simple touch... especially since, the way you've written it up, someone with 1 negative chi can utterly destroy someone with 10^26 positive chi.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

*raises my stick to give it a whack, but sees everyone else has beating the idea down, and goes off to get a drink*
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mantisking
Hero

This might work as a "Legendary" Chi Spell though. Let me check my copy of MC and see how it might work.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Mantisking wrote:

This might work as a "Legendary" Chi Spell though. Let me check my copy of MC and see how it might work.
Possibly, but it still would require some tinkering.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Mantisking
Hero

dworldjumper wrote:I thought of a Negative Chi power and advanced one that is. It would convert the Positive Chi in the target into pure Negative Chi.

Seeing as conversion in a willing participant takes 2 Melee Rounds, this portion would be quite an effective chi spell all by its lonesome. I'm not quite ready to estimate level and cost yet though.

dworldjumper wrote:Their physical body would turn to dust and fly away in the wind.

Now this part on the other hand seems a little over the top and a bit pointless considering you can control and manipulate a person once you've replaced all their Positive Chi with Negative. A death like that is too quick for a negative chi master's opponent.

dworldjumper wrote:I call it Darkest Touch of the Dragon.

I like the name. :)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Mantisking wrote:

Possibly, but it still would require some tinkering.

Maybe like a trap ward on a magic object.
Be sure to bring along all those henchmen to give the object a 1st touch.....
It would be a SOL, but somehow I think it would be a deific only spell.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Mantisking
Hero

All this talk of chi has made me tempted to look at all the rules about Chi use and see what I can do with them.
dworldjumper
D-Bee

Unread post by dworldjumper »

Darkest Touch of the Dragon wasnt intended to be a player used power just something that wasn't in the book but still nasty. I know it is over the top. It is a part of my "game world" idea I have been kicking around for years. I just put that out there to what else anybody had come up with
Tastes Like Chicken
Mantisking
Hero

dworldjumper wrote:Darkest Touch of the Dragon wasnt intended to be a player used power just something that wasn't in the book but still nasty. I know it is over the top. It is a part of my "game world" idea I have been kicking around for years. I just put that out there to what else anybody had come up with

Okay. Here's something that's sort of a Chi Ability.

Special Kata
Chi Kung Hsing (Breath Exercise Form):
(Non-combat) This form is derived from the chi generating techniques of most of the Internal styles -- Tai Chi Ch'uan, Ba Gua, etc. When practicing this form the character becomes an "Internal Furnace", enhancing their store of Chi. The character cannot attack or defend when performing this form. Bonuses: The effects of this form last for a number of Melee Rounds equal to the character's level divided by two (rounded down). From 1st to 5th level the character temporarily gains 5 Chi. From 6th to 10th level the character temporarily gains 10 Chi. From 11th to 15th level the character temporarily gains 15 Chi. Note: You must have at least one (1) point of Chi to use this Special Kata.
Mantisking
Hero

Then there's this.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Mantisking wrote:Okay. Here's something that's sort of a Chi Ability.

Special Kata
Chi Kung Hsing (Breath Exercise Form):
... snip

Sounds like a bit of dragon chi with a bit of chi overcharge.
Mantisking
Hero

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Sounds like a bit of dragon chi with a bit of chi overcharge.

Unlike Dragon Chi it doesn't draw from the environment, it's all internal.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Chi is gathered, not produced.
Mantisking
Hero

Tyciol wrote:Anyway, something of this magnitude seems more appropriate as a spell than a chi power, it's a bit too complex. If anything, maybe some sort of Zenjoriki, maybe along the lines of Spirit Burst in Mystic China.

I think it would work best as a spell, a high level one.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”