Priest Of The Cosmic Forge!

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Re: Priest Of The Cosmic Forge!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Hmmm, I'd see it as more of a "Cosmic Forge Acolyte" than a priest.

Here's a thought that crossed my mind when I read your entry;

The Acolyte of the Cosmic Forge isn't as powerful as the much-lauded Cosmo-Knight, but these being who have been chosen by the legendary Forge serve another perpose: They are the keepers of the lore of the Forge, often providing philosophical and some spititual advisement to a new Cosmo-Knight who has yet been assigned a more experienced tutor. These Acolytes come from just about every world or civilization that has legends about the Forge, and these beings seek out to understand why the Forge protects the Three Galaxies.

Some Acolytes spen their entire lives either questing, tracking down every scrap of Forge lore on every world reachable to their meager means, or simply stay where they are, teaching to those who are willing to listen the stories of the Forge and it's protectors, the Cosmo-Knights, to anyone willing to listen. It's not uncommon for Acolytes to cross paths and trade lore between each other, like a vast word-of-mouth network (some even maintain a semi-secure information data-network between sites).

More when I think of it.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Re: Priest Of The Cosmic Forge!

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Gravitus Everlast wrote:So my GM and I were discussing Cosmo-Knights and the Cosmic Forge and the fact that the Cosmic Forge is basically a "Man-Made" God ...

No... it was built billions of years ago by a species so powerful that they their existance cannot even be concieved of.

Gravitus Everlast wrote:...based on the point that it presents itself in a manner that of God and has powers of the same caliper.

A captial "G" God, yes, except that it hasn't presented itself at all since it went into hiding.

Gravitus Everlast wrote:In those points of fact, the cosmic forge is a viable candidate for having priests of its own. My GM and I noted that the cosmic forge does not cast spells, so it cannot provide the core base of any other priests' power.

Totally agree. The only proof the Forge even gives of its existance arethe powers it bestows upon the Cosmo-Knights.

Gravitus Everlast wrote:Instead, the cosmic forge, we decided would give temporary Mutations, etc.
[/quote][/quote]
Why would it? I mean seriously, I believe in God just like 98% of the world's population and have been a church-goer all my life. Not once have I seen the Almighty bestow super powers or mutations on any of my ministers. Because an omnipotent, omipresent, and transtemporal "God" has no need to perform such parlor tricks... that's what "gods" do in order to increase their worship base.

In the case of the Forge, it seems that it has created the Cosmo-Knights to act as extensions of itself, and taken the path of non-interference in all other instances. Heck, it didn't even intervene in the War against the Dominators, which nearly extinguished all life in the Three Galaxies. In short, I'm just not convinced random mutations or super abilities are the kind of thing the Cosmic Forge would do.

Now, if these priests thought they were following the true path of Forgism, but really being mislead or manipulated by some other kind of supernatural force... that I could run with.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”