Olympic stats? and more...

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

goodhometownboy
Dungeon Crawler

Olympic stats? and more...

Unread post by goodhometownboy »

what would you guys say a Olympic athletes stats are? I was thinking since the average NPC stats are in some where between 8-13 the gifted would be 15-18 do you agree??

also would would you say the states max out points for a player who wants to play a 12 year old be? i was saying no limit to IQ, MA, ME, and PS, PE would have a limit of 13 PP a limit of 18 and Speed a limit of 13 or 15
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Re: Olympic stats? and more...

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

You might want to take a look at the Sportsman OCC in Rifts Australia.

For kids, check out the Chaos Wizard in the Chaos Earth "Rise of Magic" book. This actually provides the stats rolled for kids.
goodhometownboy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by goodhometownboy »

dang don't have those books

anyway i could get ya to pm those rolls to me?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

i'd say you need a minimum of 20 in the requistie attribute to compete at the Olympic level. except for sprinting and track and feild which needs to be 40 because running and altheltics skews the curve so much.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

If you have some internets at home, I suggest you try a couple of www-sites I have discovered: Google and Wikipedia. These are a good source for information, and I'm sure you could find out how fast Usain Bolt can run the 100m or 200m, and then do the calculation to determine his stats for both running and endurance. Further world records could be found for many other Olympic sports like Weight Lifting, Long Jump, and Curling, allowing you to get measurements for the majority of physical statistics, and reverse-calculate them to determine their Palladium equivalents. If you don't specifically want the top stats in the world, then find out who came in 15th in the 200m and figure out his stat; it's still Olympic quality, just not record-breaking.
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

I generally consider Olympic level stats to be 24+. The upper human level plus physical skills.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?

Return to “G.M.s Forum”