What kingdom to you want a book?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What Kingdon do you want to see get a book?

Trmior
6%
Wester empire
2%
Easterm territory
4%
Bizantuum
8%
Phi
15%
Land of South Winds
46%
All New Kingdom
19%

Total votes: 52

gaby
Knight

What kingdom to you want a book?

Unread post by gaby »

What Kingdom do you want to get a second book?

Do you want to to see all New Kingdom?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: What kingdom to you want a book?

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Not listed; I'd rather see the Old Kingdom. Or Land of the South Winds.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I would like to see the world expanded, so I vote for a new kingdom altogether. If not that, then the Old Kingdom.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

Other then Mysteries of magic, what I'd like to see in roughly this order is

1) Land of the South winds
2) Old kingdom
3) More old kingdom
4) Wolfen-human wars (including more about the Wolfen Empire)
5) More Byzantium
6) Real Timiro information, I mean Book 1 has a fair amount of info, but its mostly a lot of skin deep info, not a lot of meat to it. I want to see major players, real city information (something that really gives you a flavor of the city, not simply a list of all the buildings in the city), etc. Maybe how Timiro is fitting in to the resurgent Western Empire and Wolfen wars stuff, that sort of thing.
7) The Bleakness, I mean it'd be nice to get it some day
8) Either in the Byzantium book or simply in a standalone more info on the Shadow Colonies rebellion/updated info
9) More Western Empire info, maybe focusing more on Ophids grasslands
10) Other lands? Nothing beyond the main continent and a few islands has been talked about. I guess we are to assume that there is only the main PF continent, but what about far flung islands to the east, west or north that lie off the beaten path?
-Matt
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

Mark Hall wrote:Not listed; I'd rather see the Old Kingdom. Or Land of the South Winds.

Me too.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Old Kingdom.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
DarkwingDuk
Wanderer

Unread post by DarkwingDuk »

I am with you, phi and lopan, they are smack dab in the middle. Kind of a world crossroads. Followed by Old Kingdom and South Winds
“Illinois Nazis, I hate Illinois Nazis”
“Ummm boB isn’t that a Coalition squad?"
“Like I said, Illinois Nazi’s…….”
boB the Crazy
UR Leader Hobbes
Adventurer

Unread post by UR Leader Hobbes »

I'm all for the Old Kingdom books or Land of the South Winds..
I'm all set with the Wolfen Wars as it's most likely gonna get screwed up as bad as that whole Siege on Tolkien thing with the Rifts line.

Other then that I would like to see LOTD finished and maybe the actual material that was promised for the Wolfen Empire book to be released. (Like the capitol city being mapped out!)
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

1) Old Kingdom (which could include Phi & Lopan)
2) Land of the South Winds
3) Finish Land of the Damned.
4) Ophid's Grasslands
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

I dont want any all new realms nor a second book on a land already covered. instead Id like to see the Land of South Winds and the Old Kingdom covered!
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I see land of South winds too be more Arabian Nights themed,where ther not a big kingdom but a number of City-states each ruler have the title of Sultan,how they are pic is up to each individual City-state.

How would you make Land of South winds?
azazel1024
Champion

I view it a bit like that as well maybe. I think my view is a bit more loose confederacy of city-states with some kind of mildly corupt/inept noble running the confederacy. The central gov't has so little power, money and influence that it is basically a puppet with the city-states doing anything they want and are generally very losely aligned. Also none are exceptionally powerful. Much more powerful then say your average adventurer party, but even if they were to tightly align and really pool their resources a place like Timiro could take then on without breaking a hard sweat.

My view of the society is really an arabian nights meets south and sub-saharan Africa. No desert (or little), but mostly grass land and savanah with some jungle, especially anywhere near the coastline (the jungle that is).
-Matt
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Land of the south winds is supposed to be India with people heavily into snake worship no?
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Mark Hall wrote:Not listed; I'd rather see the Old Kingdom. Or Land of the South Winds.

Pretty much seconded. Once the backlog of PF has been dealt with then PB should think about adding new books on kingdoms.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

the Trick is to make each city-state unique.

Tell me what ideas do you have for Land of South wind?
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

More on the Islands!
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

gaby wrote:the Trick is to make each city-state unique.

Tell me what ideas do you have for Land of South wind?

Cant talk about ideas for LotSW's as they might be submitted to Rifters etc. Ive lots though.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Scorpion Leader
Explorer
Comment: "Marines We are Leaving...maybe we should Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Unread post by Scorpion Leader »

1)Phi & Lopan most of all!!! my Palladin Elf Mena is from there.
2)Land of The Southwinds
3)Old Kingdom
I know there is a post some where for this but i'd like to say i also would like to see the Burster from Rifts and the Wampyr from Nightbane be converted over to PFRPG as new PCC/RCC's. Also i never understood why no half evles? I think half elves and Ogres would make great RCC's and should be the only RCC's aloud. Of course there would be some advatages, but there would be restrictions to keep game balance.
azazel1024
Champion

Yeah, maybe it is the D&D in me, but half elves and half ogres make sense to me, okay at least half ogres. It specifically mentions that Ogres are cousins to humans.

Bursters coming over makes some sense to me, but in an S.D.C. low tech setting, even with a lot of magic a burster would be very, very powerful. I'd almost like to see it ported over, but at a somewhat diminished strength.
-Matt
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Half races are so not my cup of tea. I find them pretty pointless.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

The Dark Elf wrote:Half races are so not my cup of tea. I find them pretty pointless.

Yeah, but I always found it funny that there is a half-breed in.. I think it was Timiro. Half-orc, if I remember correctly...
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Scorpion Leader
Explorer
Comment: "Marines We are Leaving...maybe we should Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Well half ogres are technically allowed already, but you are to roll them up and play them as regular ogres. (see Ogre RCC decrpition in PFRPG Core book?)

Yah even though i've moved away from D&D there is still some part that calls to me, mainly to say half-evles should be allowed!!! Look at all the Fantasy Fiction out there most of it if not almost all of it includes half elves (including the LOR books and in the Movie we saw a sceen where in a possible future Aragarn and Arwen had a "half-elf" child).

I understand why The Game Systems Creator doesn't want the whole half-breed thing to get out of control.
But he is way beyond convention in thinking where half-elves are concerned, compared too not only other game systems, but that of Fantasy Fiction as a Whole.

(I'm suprised he even allowed the Wampyr in Nightbane, although they are still not considered being from a Human and Vampire coupling like Blade, but rather from a strong will to resist being consumed to vamperism. I still would like Wampyr's and Bursters in PFRPG possibly Elemental Fusionists as well,even though you can split class a Warlock already. Wampyr would make a good foil to vampires and players seeing that the usual vampire rule don't apply to them. By the way when you split class a character is the amount of Secondary skills also half just like with OCC related skills? and does anyone know if the Holy Palladin of Rurga still gets the usual Three Family Background skills? The OCC description doesn't mention it. Seeing they come from being Knights or Palladins already, you would think that they would? shouldn't all elves automatcally get W.P. Long Bow? like in the Rifts Conversion book)

I personally I don't play half-elves; however I have switched from playing male Human fighter characters to Elven female fighters because they'er more interesting,fun,and challanging to play. Regardless I don't see why you can't include them and Half-ogres. Those being the only allowable exceptions, ALL Others No WAY!!!

As far as Stats go ADD the two parent race attribute dice together then divdide by two to get the total number of dice to roll for each attribue. ie. 3D6+3D6 = 6D6/2=3D6. or 3D6+4D6=7D6/2=3.5D6 well now what? see below.
If it comes out to say 3.1-3.5 then it becomes 3D6+1, if the resualt is 3.6 or higher then it becomes 3D6+2.
I still have to work on averaging the ages though.

I suggest we start a New Topic Thread to continue this conversation. Who can host?

Goliath maybe right about the half-orc in Timiro though, I'll have to go back and check the Old Ones Book to see.

I also want to see Yin Sloth get updated to 2nd editon.

Also speaking of the 2nd edition when will we get the Palladium Fantasy Revised 2nd Editon. Because alot has changed scince it was written (ie. rules on the number of attacks/melee actions a character starts with,Magic spells attacks per melee, skill descriptions like gymnastics have changed in scope) some things were changed not that long afterward, and now it feels awefully dated when compared to the rest of the Megaverse line especially Dead Riegn, Rifts and Robotech.
azazel1024
Champion

Call me a jerk, but why not gender based attributes? Well, physical attributes at any rate. Humans are somewhat rare in that males and females are actually pretty close in physical ability. Others, think lions the male is much stronger and some others the female is much stronger.

Example, I'd propose that human males maybe have 3d6+1 for strength and human females 2d6+2, human males 3d6 for PP and human females 3d6+1 or +2. To me it is kind of common sense. Yes women can be stronger then men and men can be more dexterous then women...but that isn't what is average. On average human men tend to be stronger and have a bit better physical endurance, but we also tend to not be as dexterous and not as good with people skills (maybe women should have a +1 to MA and men a +1 to PE?)

I guess it gets overly complicated, but makes sense to me and makes things a touch more realistic.
-Matt
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

If we were to be completely realistic, male characters should get 5D6 to all attributes and females should get 1D6 (with the possible exception of PB), but that might alienate the few female role players, so I can see why Palladium took the less accurate road of equalising the attributes. It is a well known fact that women's brains are much smaller than men's, so IQ at least should be dropped to the level of a goblin or possibly an animated clay animal. :D

Now that I've established my opinion to be of great importance with the incisive comment above; on half races, I also think that half-ogres are all we need in that area; it is not just an excuse for a half race, but has a legitimate reason and provides an adventure hook for gms (the low birth rate of ogres and their kidnapping of human women). It would be nice to get maybe a slightly different set of stats for half ogres, though. I came up with some at one time for an isolated ogre tribe that had repeatedly needed to rely on human kidnappees for generations, watering down the ogre genes. But the stats were pretty generic, just about halfway between the two races. How would any of you make half-half-ogre stats a little bit more interesting than a just a straight mix? And half elves for me are a big no-no. Although they look similar, for me the two races are no more related than elves are to dwarves (possibly less so).

Also, do elves really all get W.P. longbow in Rifts? Why on earth would that be the case? There is absolutely nothing I have ever read in Palladium that would make that so. What possible connection could there be between being an elf and using a longbow? They have a fairly high PP, with is useful, but so do plenty of other races, such as trolls. I don't get it.

I just realised this thread is actually about what area we would like the next book to cover...ummm...Land of the South Winds, please.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Library Ogre

Soldier of Od wrote:If we were to be completely realistic, male characters should get 5D6 to all attributes and females should get 1D6 (with the possible exception of PB), but that might alienate the few female role players, so I can see why Palladium took the less accurate road of equalising the attributes. It is a well known fact that women's brains are much smaller than men's, so IQ at least should be dropped to the level of a goblin or possibly an animated clay animal. :D

We need an intervention! Soldier of Od has been reading FATAL! Someone get the Thorazine and a beat-stick! ;-)

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

Mark Hall wrote:We need an intervention! Soldier of Od has been reading FATAL! Someone get the Thorazine and a beat-stick! ;-)

We would, but we used our entire stock on you..

Have a great Samhain :p
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Scorpion Leader
Explorer

evildarthbastard wrote:I would definitely Like to see an Old Kingdom book, possibly full of old forgotten ruins, and magics, and the Monster races struggling for power over the region.

Yah I would like to see an Old Kindoom Book Also!! I really want to know more on the background of both the Elves and Dwarves in Palladium, Thats Also why I want a Phi and Lopan Book.

I also stand corrected the Shadowrun Rpg does'nt allow half races ethier, but it does allow that there is like a 50% chance that an offspring will be of ethier race of the parents when born. But that doesn't make much sense, usually in nature it works, like with us humans, that you are eccentially a half race. Although certian traits inherited from one parent will be more promoment then others, you are still a half breed. There is no you will be ethier this or this (Full Blooded) except buy arbitrary standards created by human logic and thinking. Your mixed period. However in later generations genetic traits may eventually disappear and you may go almost back to base line of one race or the other.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

See the Monstrous Creations thread for alternative races of elves. My theory is that the current race of elves ARE a kind of half-elf, so interbreeding would only produce more elves.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Mark Hall wrote:
Soldier of Od wrote:If we were to be completely realistic, male characters should get 5D6 to all attributes and females should get 1D6 (with the possible exception of PB), but that might alienate the few female role players, so I can see why Palladium took the less accurate road of equalising the attributes. It is a well known fact that women's brains are much smaller than men's, so IQ at least should be dropped to the level of a goblin or possibly an animated clay animal. :D

We need an intervention! Soldier of Od has been reading FATAL! Someone get the Thorazine and a beat-stick! ;-)

Never heard of FATAL. I just went and looked it up on Wikipedia. Wow. :eek:
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
azazel1024
Champion

Soldier of Od wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

Mein Gott! I just did the same. I can't think of a singularly more offensive role playing game you could possibly conceive.
-Matt
Library Ogre

azazel1024 wrote:
Soldier of Od wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:

Mein Gott! I just did the same. I can't think of a singularly more offensive role playing game you could possibly conceive.
-Matt

RaHoWa is pretty close.

All Palladium Articles
azazel1024
Champion

^
||

I stand corrected.

A gosh darned treasure trove of stuff that makes my jaw drop and wonder what is wrong with people.

I guess their mother didn't hug them enough or something.

I'll stick to my PB and D&D games thanks.
-Matt
Library Ogre

azazel1024 wrote:^
||

I stand corrected.

A gosh darned treasure trove of stuff that makes my jaw drop and wonder what is wrong with people.

I guess their mother didn't hug them enough or something.

I'll stick to my PB and D&D games thanks.
-Matt

Bah. D&D leads to Satanism. ;-)

All Palladium Articles
azazel1024
Champion

It was a phase back in high school. I tried it, but I never rolled an elf wizard :D
-Matt
azazel1024
Champion

My problem with D&D is that my character always has the same flaw no matter what I try to do. No matter the race, alignment or class they are always a kleptomaniac (well, at least from 'bad' people).

I don't have that problem with PB games...must be something about D&D that brings out the 'bad' in me as a PC :-D .
-Matt
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Not listed, but in Eastern Territory Wisdom and Groff Estates. A better overview of a Patroon in those kingdoms.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Wōdwulf Seaxaning
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Wōdwulf Seaxaning »

I voted for Phi-Lopan. I'd really like to see a 2nd ed. update to Jungles of Yin-Sloth. I'd also be game for a Land of South Winds.

One the side-topic of Half-races, I never did buy Kev's view on it. Half-Races have been fairly common place in Fantasy , at least with Half-Elves. I'd allow Half-Goblins, Half-Orcs , Half-Ogres ,Half-Dwarves & Half-Trolls , but no Half-Wolfen or other Beastal hybrids.
Better Dead than Red!
F**k AntiFa! F**k Nazis! F**k Communists!
azazel1024
Champion

If nothing else I'd do half ogres are they are supposedly closely related to mankind according to PFRPG. The half ogre just being an ogre doesn't jive with other fantasy nor with reality as halfbreeds don't simply inherit a single parents gene pool, they have traits of both parents (tiger-lion hybrids, horse-donkey hybrids...IE mules, donkey-zebra hybrids, etc). Most other hybrids I could see 'not being possible' as the races are to different to be able to produce offspring. I look at Elves, dwarves and gnomes as all being pretty human, but their genetics might be so different as not being able to produce offspring with a human or other 'fair race' same with most of the monster races.
-Matt
Scorpion Leader
Explorer

azazel1024 wrote:If nothing else I'd do half ogres are they are supposedly closely related to mankind according to PFRPG. The half ogre just being an ogre doesn't jive with other fantasy nor with reality as halfbreeds don't simply inherit a single parents gene pool, they have traits of both parents (tiger-lion hybrids, horse-donkey hybrids...IE mules, donkey-zebra hybrids, etc). Most other hybrids I could see 'not being possible' as the races are to different to be able to produce offspring. I look at Elves, dwarves and gnomes as all being pretty human, but their genetics might be so different as not being able to produce offspring with a human or other 'fair race' same with most of the monster races.
-Matt

My point Exactly!!!

I'd still have Half Elves though(They've always been part of the Fanasy setting for the most part). Anyone related to Monster or Fairy Folk No....except maybe orcs.

Gnomes and Dwarves Don't know about that. (possiblly the Dwarf),Changelings & Dragons Definite Unequivical Resounding NO!! Tezcat,Grimbor, Human Looking Giants No...Too Alien even if they may have been once Human in the anchient Past.

Magic & Supernatural Creatures in general No..( of course there are the Godlings,Demi-Gods,Wampyrs to Consider).

Also Half breeds would only have marginal advantages over a Normal Human and would also inherit disadvantages as well to keep things inperspective.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Optional races can always be creatred and posted to the Monstrous Creations thread.
Scorpion Leader
Explorer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Optional races can always be creatred and posted to the Monstrous Creations thread.

You know i've noticed how Kevin Siembieda likes to referrence Star Wars & Star Trek at times, he's a Scifi Guy, Yet he won't allow Half-elves??

So I guess the Ultimate Futuristic space Half-Elf, if we can be allowed to call him that, Mr. Spock as a half-human/half-vulcan could not exist!!!
I don't think even Kevin Siembieda could really agree to that!!

But that's the Rule he laid out. I still hope that someday he changes the Rule to somthing that he and Most Palladium Fans can both agree on (having reasonable Races choices available and ability/stat limits), that is not an optional but official rule.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”