Robotech® Expeditionary Force Marines

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Robotech® Expeditionary Force Marines

Unread post by ZINO »

# UEEF Marine Corps O.C.C. and M.O.S. skills.
# New weapons. want it and like
# New Mecha.want it and like
# New Marine ground vehicles.YES !!!!!!!!!!want it and like
# New Marine aircraft.YES !!!!!!!!!!want it and like
# New Marine specific spacecraft.YES !!!!!!!!!!want it and like
# History, training, and organization of the UEEF Marines. YES !!!!!!!!!!want it and like

i need this book NOW !!!!!! and you guys and girls
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Alpha 11
Palladin

Re: Robotech® Expeditionary Force Marines

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Who doesn't! I just hope it comes out on time.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Robot Urchin wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:Who doesn't! I just hope it comes out on time.

The original release date was September 2009, so it's already late. That date was 6 months after the Masters Sourcebook release, so it wasn't unreasonable at the time. This book has been reported as "written, just needs editing, approvals and artwork" since late August, I think. So it's been collecting dust (or electrons) for months - it's a real shame.

I'd really like to see this book, Jason Marker's 'magnum opus' for the new Robotech line, if you will. It's also an important book because it will show how fans will react to original material. I can imagine that some "Robotech conservatives" will be up in arms because they would rather see all the stuff from the original series published before designers start making new stuff.

Could it be that it's just HG dragging its feet?
Tolarin
D-Bee

Unread post by Tolarin »

I've heard so little world-information about this...

Is this supposed to be like UEEF Marines that liberate worlds from the Invid and such? Sort of a reimagined take on the Sentinels?
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

:D I kinda figured they'd be late with this book! Hopefully it'll be out before Christmas...
They can't see me...Right!?
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Robot Urchin wrote:It's also an important book because it will show how fans will react to original material.

I'm not knocking Jason, Kevin or Palladium, but I doubt this will include 'original material' (as in never seen in any form before). There are still numerous designs from Genesis Climber Mospeada (among others) for Palladium to fall back upon, including the 'Destroid/Battloid hybrids' like the Boxer, Jaguar and Cougar as well as the Heavy Weapons Robot Tiger. The fighter identified in the ruins of Point K appears (according to some) to be of a entirely different design than that of Colonel Wolfe's AF-6DF Vulture from the Eulogy flashback. And so on and so forth.
Tolarin
D-Bee

Unread post by Tolarin »

I'd love to see the Horizon variant we see in the Service Announcement commercial. (I'm assuming that's the mentioned Horizon-V in the book.) That'd be pretty sweet!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I'll take any new Horizont material, pre-production MOSPEADA and/or Shadow Chronicles(ideally both)...Who I gotta kill for it?
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

Speeking of ships, any word on how the Robotech ship book is coming along?
Arnie100
Knight

:D We probably won't see the ship book untill early next year (if we're lucky).
Alpha 11
Palladin

Robot Urchin wrote:
Arnie100 wrote::D We probably won't see the ship book untill early next year (if we're lucky).

The Shadow Chronicles RPG release was March 2008, Macross sorucebook was October 2008 and Masters sourcebook was March 2009. So with a 7 month gap, then a 5 month gap, now a 7+month gap, that's about 2 books released per year.

At the rate of two books per year, based on past releases, we'll see New Generation in spring 2010 and the first starship book in fall 2010.

I so hope you are wrong, but you might be right, unfortinitly.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Alpha 11 wrote:
Robot Urchin wrote:
Arnie100 wrote::D We probably won't see the ship book untill early next year (if we're lucky).

The Shadow Chronicles RPG release was March 2008, Macross sorucebook was October 2008 and Masters sourcebook was March 2009. So with a 7 month gap, then a 5 month gap, now a 7+month gap, that's about 2 books released per year.

At the rate of two books per year, based on past releases, we'll see New Generation in spring 2010 and the first starship book in fall 2010.

I so hope you are wrong, but you might be right, unfortunately.

Actually that is my 'Best case Scenario'. I really hope that the person Kevin has working on Robotech has the love and drive that Jason put into it. And thus will keep it moving forward.
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

I would be happy right now with specifics of what mecha and equipment will be in it....

not just "new mecha" but if the Sentinels destroids will be in it say so....if the Mospeada destroids (Boxer, Jaquar, etc...) say so.... If the weapons from the invasion video game then say so....

Still want the REF battlepods brought back too.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Alpha 11
Palladin

Chris0013 wrote:I would be happy right now with specifics of what mecha and equipment will be in it....

not just "new mecha" but if the Sentinels destroids will be in it say so....if the Mospeada destroids (Boxer, Jaquar, etc...) say so.... If the weapons from the invasion video game then say so....

I would not mind seeing the REF battlepod again.
Chris0013
Hero

Alpha 11 wrote:
Chris0013 wrote:I would be happy right now with specifics of what mecha and equipment will be in it....

I would not mind seeing the REF battlepod again.

Exactly...The Shadow Chronicles book states the Zentraedi used battlepods...so the door is open.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
taalismn
Priest

The Marines have NEVER been definitely identified or referred to in the series...
All part of necessary organizational gap-plugging to make an anime organization into a viable and realistic(or at least semi-realistic) format...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

taalismn wrote:The Marines have NEVER been definitely identified or referred to in the series...
All part of necessary organizational gap-plugging to make an anime organization into a viable and realistic(or at least semi-realistic) format...

In other words, THEY NEVER EXISTED!

There is no reason that "gap-plugging" couldn't have been done by making Army, Air Force, and Navy forces working together as a Joint Command or similar, but they are just playing to the mystique of the marines.
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:What movies or TV episodes do the Marines show up in.

Just because they were not does not mean the RPG can not expand the setting with them. I'm looking forward to the book myself.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Arnie100
Knight

So are the rest of us...when it's released...

According to the latest press release:

Kevin: I think we may wait on Robotech® UEEF Marines and Robotech® New Generation sourcebooks till early 2010, but fear not, they are coming, and very soon.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Shawn Merrow wrote:Just because they were not does not mean the RPG can not expand the setting with them.

Except that the Tv series says The Army is the ground forces component of the Expeditionary Force. The RPG is supposed to be following the canon of the Tv series.
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Unread post by Sgt Anjay »

Earth forces definitely had multiple Robotech Factory Satellites. Space Station Liberty was a factory satellite, and it was clearly not the one from the episode of Macross. Also, the Art of Shadow Chronicles calls Liberty "one of the most well known of the factory satellites that were appropriated by the humans during the fall of the Tirolian Empire". So not only were there multiples satellites, but there were enough for some to be more well known than others. I'll also note that shots of the factory satellite from The Sentinels is show in that book.

Which, while it does provide problems to constant mention of "low on this" and "running out of that" as the default cliche explanation for everything, doesn't give humans unlimited goods, either. A factory is all well and good, but not enough on its own. You still need folks to retool/repair/maintain it, and how long might that retooling take?. You need raw materials to feed into the factory and the people and equipment to acquire those raw materials; in other words, a logistics chain. You need protoculture to run the things, though its entirely possible factory satellites may have been the major source of protoculture allowing the UEEF to keep expanding in the colonial Pioneer years. It could be that factory satellites gutted for their protoculture reserves would be the "least known" factory satellites implied by the Art of Shadow Chronicles statement I quoted above. And then, you need people to crew the ships and pilot mecha, which unless you go with the cloning angle would provide pretty hard upper limits to the size of the fleet.

Another problem are the tactical considerations of space war in a space fold setting. When the enemy can appear in orbit around any of your planets and begin attacking in minutes or less, you have to dedicate greater forces to defensive duties, further stretching your resources and manpower.
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'
Chris
Explorer

Unread post by Chris »

Sgt Anjay wrote:Another problem are the tactical considerations of space war in a space fold setting. When the enemy can appear in orbit around any of your planets and begin attacking in minutes or less, you have to dedicate greater forces to defensive duties, further stretching your resources and manpower.

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Of course, at the onset of the war, only a few Haydonite strongholds are known, Haydon IV chief among them.

Also if one adopts a nomad mentality, deploying mobile strike fleets centered around ships such as re-commissioned Masters Motherships (not all left for Earth, only the ones in best condition.) or the like, one can attack and defend at the same time. Sure the PC usage would be great, but, far less then losing them in a siege or worse, allowing them to sit idle waiting for an attack that may never come.
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Unread post by Peacebringer »

You know the space marines are a division of the space navy?
taalismn
Priest

Argh! Annoyed with the latest Palladium update that any definite availability date for this has disappeared...grrwwwrr...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

It's still undeserved torture... :nh:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alpha 11
Palladin

taalismn wrote:It's still undeserved torture... :nh:

At least we got more books coming our way at least. Got to look on the bright side of things.
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

Arnie100 wrote:According to the latest press release:

Kevin: I think we may wait on Robotech® UEEF Marines and Robotech® New Generation sourcebooks till early 2010, but fear not, they are coming, and very soon.

Of course, we have to wait. I wont even get started on what I think is the real reason we are going to wait.
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Trooper Jim wrote:

Of course, we have to wait. I wont even get started on what I think is the real reason we are going to wait.

It would be interesting to hear your theory....
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler

jedi078 wrote:
Trooper Jim wrote:

Just funny how the guy who was writing the Robotech books, gets laid off. And now KS is to busy to put these books out on time. Not hating, Just kind of annoying.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Trooper Jim wrote:
jedi078 wrote:
Trooper Jim wrote:

Just funny how the guy who was writing the Robotech books, gets laid off. And now KS is to busy to put these books out on time. Not hating, Just kind of annoying.

Just remeber that they have a dozon pans being rotated on the stove, as it were, something is bound to be put the side. And I seriouly doubt that he layed of that guy on purpose. Most likely KS agonized over who he would have to lay off for a while.
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

Then again, most other gaming companies that support multiple games aren't as egocentric as PB. KS seems to have to have his writing credit on every single piece of text to leave the printer. Maybe they could get more out if he delegated more responsibility?

Don't get me wrong, I love PB. I just think the method is a little inconducive to mantaining a printing/shipping schedule.
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler

Alpha 11 wrote:
Trooper Jim wrote:
jedi078 wrote:
Trooper Jim wrote:

Just remeber that they have a dozon pans being rotated on the stove, as it were, something is bound to be put the side. And I seriouly doubt that he layed of that guy on purpose. Most likely KS agonized over who he would have to lay off for a while.

I never said it was on purpose. I am just tired of having to wait for the books I want. Yes, it is selfish of me, but that's me.
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Trooper Jim wrote:Just funny how the guy who was writing the Robotech books, gets laid off. And now KS is to busy to put these books out on time. Not hating, Just kind of annoying.

Maybe the license contract was for only two years and KS wants to renew that before continuing work on other books.

Of course I can see Robotech being much like BTS-2. We got a good core book then nothing..... In Robotech's case we have a book for each of the three era's (TSC can easily be used for a New Gen setting), and that's it. Books have been promised and yet something is slowing down their publishing.

Beatmeclever wrote:Then again, most other gaming companies that support multiple games aren't as egocentric as PB. KS seems to have to have his writing credit on every single piece of text to leave the printer. Maybe they could get more out if he delegated more responsibility?

Don't get me wrong, I love PB. I just think the method is a little inconducive to mantaining a printing/shipping schedule.

Maybe KS was not happy about how some books turned out in the past where he delegated the responsibility?
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Arnie100
Knight

Did anyone place a pre-order for this book yet? 'Cause I don't think I will, untill I get an actual release date! :(
taalismn
Priest

Arnie100 wrote:Did anyone place a pre-order for this book yet? 'Cause I don't think I will, untill I get an actual release date! :(

(morosely raises hand)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
jedi078
Champion

Unread post by jedi078 »

Arnie100 wrote:Did anyone place a pre-order for this book yet? 'Cause I don't think I will, untill I get an actual release date! :(

I never pre-order. PB never has too few books printed for the first printing.
Arnie100
Knight

An update according to the new press release:

Robotech® UEEF Marines™

The UEEF Marine Corps O.C.C. and M.O.S. skills, new weapons, new mecha, new aircraft, and new ideas for adventure.
* Written by Jason Marker.
* Cat. No. 553, manga size & format – final page count not yet determined, but we are thinking 128-192 pages, $14.95 retail. Ships in March. (Hopefully)
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I am still trying to figure out why we are getting a Marine book followed a New Gen book when all I have heard for the most part is how everyone wants the book on SHIPS and can someone please expain to me WHY the MAIN ship in TSC, the Icarus, wasn't stated out at all in the hardcover edition, yet mundane jeeps et al were?
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
taalismn
Priest

Arnie100 wrote:An update according to the new press release:

Robotech® UEEF Marines™

The UEEF Marine Corps O.C.C. and M.O.S. skills, new weapons, new mecha, new aircraft, and new ideas for adventure.
* Written by Jason Marker.
* Cat. No. 553, manga size & format – final page count not yet determined, but we are thinking 128-192 pages, $14.95 retail. Ships in March. (Hopefully)

"ARGH! I was supposed to make the jump on Earth LAST AUGUST!!!! No WONDER the Mars Division got butchered! No WONDER Point K got swallowed up!
THEY! DIDN'T! HAVE! MARINES! Honestly, is this any way to run a military?!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

jaymz wrote:I am still trying to figure out why we are getting a Marine book followed a New Gen book when all I have heard for the most part is how everyone wants the book on SHIPS and can someone please expain to me WHY the MAIN ship in TSC, the Icarus, wasn't stated out at all in the hardcover edition, yet mundane jeeps et al were?

I keep telling myself that HG already has/had the capabilities of the Icarus and its class statted out for future Shadow Chronicles installments(note, for example, that the descriptions in books like the 'Art of...' describe the class as having modular sections, implying that like the Garfish, the ships could be modified for special missions) and didn't want to tip their hand as to what was coming in the future...or set the capabilities in stone ahead of time so that when future episodes DID materialize, the diehard fans wouldn't say; "Hey! It's not supposed to do THAT! Sez right HERE that the Icarus doesn't have THAT as part of its equipment/performance/complement!..."

Then again, I'd deluded myself on other, more serious, issues in the past....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

taalismn wrote:
jaymz wrote:I am still trying to figure out why we are getting a Marine book followed a New Gen book when all I have heard for the most part is how everyone wants the book on SHIPS and can someone please expain to me WHY the MAIN ship in TSC, the Icarus, wasn't stated out at all in the hardcover edition, yet mundane jeeps et al were?

I keep telling myself that HG already has/had the capabilities of the Icarus and its class statted out for future Shadow Chronicles installments(note, for example, that the descriptions in books like the 'Art of...' describe the class as having modular sections, implying that like the Garfish, the ships could be modified for special missions) and didn't want to tip their hand as to what was coming in the future...or set the capabilities in stone ahead of time so that when future episodes DID materialize, the diehard fans wouldn't say; "Hey! It's not supposed to do THAT! Sez right HERE that the Icarus doesn't have THAT as part of its equipment/performance/complement!..."

Then again, I'd deluded myself on other, more serious, issues in the past....

I am not banking on another episode/moviellete or anythign else coming out soon enough to be of significance,,,,
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Arnie100
Knight

^^That's why I won't pre-order the book myself unless there's some kind of definite release date!
taalismn
Priest

Rant, rave, remind PB and HG that in this economy customers vote with their wallets/pocketbooks....
Demand answers....Or market mechanics take over... :evil:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

hey all we can do is wait and hope ....... and hope...... and .........hope ........to come out............by 2011 .i am not blaming PB just make a lot of hardware mecha ............ what were talking about?
taalismn
Priest

Robot Urchin wrote:

I think that there was supposed to be a shadow chronicles sourcebook, which is supposed to have the Icarus, the Ark Angel, and the Super Shadow Fighters. However, since books got released slowly, and Marines, New Generation, and the starship books are ahead in the schedule, this source book is a long ways off. Fortunately, at least the Icarus and the Ark Angel will be in the starship books.

Still doesn't explain why we have a megadamage TUNA TRUCK, but they miss the much more versatile DL Caterpillar Cargo Truck.... :nh:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Still doesn't explain why we have a megadamage TUNA TRUCK

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chris0013
Hero

I have just realized a fear....If the Mospeada Destroids are in the Marines book are they going to make them as big as the Condor in the Shadow Chronicles book??
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

good question ...time will tell
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Robotech®: UEEF Marines Sourcebook

# Spotlight on the valiant Marine Corps of the United Earth Expeditionary Force (UEEF). New character classes, mecha NICE and gear for new realms of adventure NICE . UEEF Marine Corps O.C.C. and M.O.S. skills. NICE
# New Mecha, weapons and gear. NICE
# New Marine ground vehicles. NICE
# New Marine specific spacecraft. NICE
# Manga size for easy portability (5x7½ inches).
# History, training, & organization of the UEEF Marines. NICE
# 144+ pages. Cat. No. 553. NICE
# Available in the U.S. and Canada only.

all this by march!!!! i say by September i am sooooo buying this book
taalismn
Priest

I really hope not September...I'm going to be overrun by the Crabs if those Jarheads don't get here sooner...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”