Optional Rift's mage skills idea

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: Optional Rift's mage skills idea

Unread post by jaymz »

Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:I was reading Mystic Russia and came across an inspiring side note. On page 143 of Mystic Russia there's this little bit titled Russia's Link to North America, it tells about a couple of rift's that open regulary between to two areas. One rift is the Calgary Rift and the other is the St. Lewis Rift. Now I don't know why Kevin would do this, not making rift's the connect the areas,but put them in locations that are not accessible to the players. It just really disapoints me that he would come so close to greatness and drop the ball. This now brings me to my idea for new skills.

One is for Ley Line Walkers
Technical
Ley Line Mapping
This skill isn't theoretical knowledge, this is hard facts about ley lines. Where they run, where they connect, how many are in an area. You also know where a ley line that connects different areas, which ley lines you can travel on to reach different areas.
Lets say you are in the heart of the Magic Zone and you want to go to Lazlo, a successful skill check will allow you to use your Ley Line Phasing ability effectivelly, knowing just which ley lines you can phase into and get to your destination quickly with the minimal effort.
Base Skill: 20% + 4% per level. +15% for LLW , +20% for LLR, +5% for shifters
A Shifters skill
Technical
Rift mapping
You know where the rift's are that connect the would of Rift's Earth are. If you want to go to europe you know where to find the rift that go's there. You are a shifter and over the years of stepping through rift's, you've learned where they go. You know how often that rift leads to that location,does the destination very or is it fixed.
Base Skill:15% +3% per level

I like these and they fit well with the magic skills/abilites/option in Rifter 30 (i think it was 30)
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:I was reading Mystic Russia and came across an inspiring side note. On page 143 of Mystic Russia there's this little bit titled Russia's Link to North America, it tells about a couple of rift's that open regulary between to two areas. One rift is the Calgary Rift and the other is the St. Lewis Rift. Now I don't know why Kevin would do this, not making rift's the connect the areas,but put them in locations that are not accessible to the players. It just really disapoints me that he would come so close to greatness and drop the ball. This now brings me to my idea for new skills.

Technical
Ley Line Mapping
This skill isn't theoretical knowledge, this is hard facts about ley lines. Where they run, where they connect, how many are in an area. You also know where a ley line that connects different areas, which ley lines you can travel on to reach different areas.
Lets say you are in the heart of the Magic Zone and you want to go to Lazlo, a successful skill check will allow you to use your Ley Line Phasing ability effectivelly, knowing just which ley lines you can phase into and get to your destination quickly with the minimal effort.

And what about this can't be done with a normal cartography skill?
[/quote]Base Skill: 20% + 4% per level. +15% for LLW , +20% for LLR, +5% for shifters
A Shifters skill
Technical
Rift mapping
You know where the rift's are that connect the would of Rift's Earth are. If you want to go to europe you know where to find the rift that go's there. You are a shifter and over the years of stepping through rift's, you've learned where they go. You know how often that rift leads to that location,does the destination very or is it fixed.
Base Skill:15% +3% per level[/quote]

Considering there are no permanent rifts to europe or anywhere else--in fact, there are only 2 permanent rifts and their destination changes...this skill is completely impossible.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Technical
Ley Line Mapping

And what about this can't be done with a normal cartography skill?
Base Skill: 20% + 4% per level. +15% for LLW , +20% for LLR, +5% for shifters
A Shifters skill
Technical
Rift mapping
Base Skill:15% +3% per level[/quote]

Considering there are no permanent rifts to europe or anywhere else--in fact, there are only 2 permanent rifts and their destination changes...this skill is completely impossible.[/quote]

No permanent Rifts are known of. Doesn't mean they don't exist.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”