pricing for scrolls

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: pricing for scrolls

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

In PFRPG they sell for:

Level
1-2 800-1200gold
3-5 2000-2500gold
6-7 3000-4000gold
8-9 5000-7000gold
10-12 10,000-15,000gold
13-15 20,000-30,000gold
Spells of Legend 50,000-100,000gold

If there is anything that you have the price of in PF that you also have in Rifts you could cross reference for a rough guide.

I normally have the PC's sell at one third of the book purchase price (so the player can expect a value of 1/3 of the above prices if he sold his scrolls).

Ofc, the sale price in Atlantis (for e.g.) is lower than in rarer parts of the world.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

Usually 10,000cr per spell level. 1-5.
6-9 approxiamately 20,000cr/level.
Generally no one wants to sell higher level scrolls, but I do know that it lists "Resurrection" between 500,000cr and 1Mcr.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

Laux the Ogre wrote:My players are always trying some money-making scheme involving selling magic item in PW to get rich on RiftsEarth. It's good to see that I'm not the only GM dealing with that poop. They were trying to create TW-Stasis-Chambers(using the TW Food Preserver in Black Vault as starting-point) to sell to Information-Age worlds(and simply tell them, "It's just reeeally advanced technology. Trust us, you should be able to reverse-engineer them in a couple of years") for commodities(like metals, livestock and drugs) to sell to Independent Space-Age worlds for guns to sell in Center for Splugorth credits to exchange for Rifts Credits to buy parts for more TW-Stasis-Chambers.
I frakkin hate my players.

I wouldn't hate them for their creativity. I would reward them for it. Maybe with an adult dragon that sees them as a threat to his business. :) In short, a scheme like that might work once or twice, but after a while, people might start to get wise to what they're up to. Stormspire might see them as infringing on their territory, ect. Anyway, my point is...make them work for it. Make them play out every aspect of the scheme. Eventually they will make a mistake, and then you can pounce on them. Make it an exciting run for their lives type adventure.
cchopps
Adventurer

Unread post by cchopps »

Laux the Ogre wrote:You misunderstand. I don't hate them for coming up with the idea in the first place, nor with them implementing their plan(I can handle that).

It's the fact that they want to try it EVER CAMPAIGN....

My players do that all the time. I had to decide to not allow the Dragon Bank on Dweomer to exist because I knew the headaches it would cause me. One PC set up a restaurant franchise in North America, that was ok. It was creative and required a lot of work.

What drives me nuts is the Ley Line Walker with his scrolls and talismans. He keeps a stash of Greater/Super Healing scrolls and Amulets of Protection against Disease just because they are cheap & easy to make, unlikely to bite him in the ass, and have a high sale value. I wish there was some mechanical explanation in the books as to why scrolls above 6th level are so rare.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”