Martial Art Gripe.

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Re: Martial Art Gripe.

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

N&SS says:
"DISCLAIMER NUMBER ONE: The martial arts described here, even those with real names are not to be confused with those in the real world. First, the details are largely rearranged to make better game balance...
Second,... I've made up my own version that best fits the game..."

Every martial art I have disagreed with I have modified to be more in line with what I think the martial art should really look like. You should too.
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Laux the Ogre wrote:The problem is the body-hardening counts as "mystical", at least last time I checked(then again, I haven't looked at my N&S for years so I could be totally wrong).
As far as incorporating guns and such, isn't that what WPs are for?
I do agree with you on Krav not getting justice there, but... I always just used HtH commando from Rifts for that stuff.

The only mystical body hardening are in the Rifts Japan book. The ones presented in the N&S book are just physical. (except for the chi-gung.)
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

Ninjapuppy wrote:I'm not sure if anyone has done this, but is there a post with Fan created Martial Arts or a Post where People can post there creations? If, in your experience, there are ideologies or techniques that you feel are not mentioned, you could always list the changes you would make, rather than just say it was less than expected. I don't think anyone hear would complain. We would probably like to here about it.

Post them here for people to look at and possibly critique. Then send them to the Palladium Martial Arts Netbook to be hosted.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”